Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:27:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Ixcoin - a new Bitcoin fork  (Read 128124 times)
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:26:40 PM

This is a cool project.  It has exploded like no other thing I've seen on these forums.  Well, besides the 150 page thread for a pool hopping script.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:34:10 PM

When I'm bitcoin pooled mining, I'm running at about 180,000 khash, but on ixcoin mining with the same miner (poclbm) I'm getting about 800 khash/second.

Any ideas why that would be?

Are you referring to pool stats or are the hashrates from your miner on your computer?
Xephan

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:37:55 PM

This is a cool project.  It has exploded like no other thing I've seen on these forums.  Well, besides the 150 page thread for a pool hopping script.

It's greed at work Cheesy Everybody wants to be an early adopter of any new currency because most of us missed out on getting tons of Bitcoins easily. I'm just in to hedge my bets and drive the difficulty up and hopefully there are others like me who will then just quit and let this flounder. I know it sounds evil but when the key problem to Bitcoin (or any similar virtual currency) is growing the economy. So splitting resources and creating potential confusion for interested businesses for what appears to be personal gain, isn't ideal for long term viability. The pioneer grabbing half a million coins doesn't help convince me it isn't so either.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:50:08 PM

It's greed at work Cheesy Everybody wants to be an early adopter of any new currency because most of us missed out on getting tons of Bitcoins easily. I'm just in to hedge my bets and drive the difficulty up and hopefully there are others like me who will then just quit and let this flounder. I know it sounds evil but when the key problem to Bitcoin (or any similar virtual currency) is growing the economy. So splitting resources and creating potential confusion for interested businesses for what appears to be personal gain, isn't ideal for long term viability. The pioneer grabbing half a million coins doesn't help convince me it isn't so either.

Well maybe we should ask how many bitcoins Satoshi grabbed before releasing the project to the community too yeah?   Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:53:47 PM

Well maybe we should ask how many bitcoins Satoshi grabbed before releasing the project to the community too yeah?   Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Pure conjecture. He had no idea if bitcoins would ever have the value they have now. The copycoin creator didn't start in an information vacuum.
bansal

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:54:12 PM

Santoshi actually created something new and worthwhile, there is a difference.  Although I agree there is no point getting mad at him for keeping some coins to himself.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:56:27 PM

Santoshi actually created something new and worthwhile, there is a difference.  Although I agree there is no point getting mad at him for keeping some coins to himself.

that was my point

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 04:58:16 PM

When I'm bitcoin pooled mining, I'm running at about 180,000 khash, but on ixcoin mining with the same miner (poclbm) I'm getting about 800 khash/second.

Any ideas why that would be?

Are you referring to pool stats or are the hashrates from your miner on your computer?

My mistake.  The problem was I was CPU mining for ixcoin and GPU mining for btc.  All sorted out now.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:01:55 PM

So nobody has answered my question.  Is Ixcoin pronounced "icks-coin" or is it "9-coin"Huh

Mousepotato
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:02:52 PM

So nobody has answered my question.  Is Ixcoin pronounced "icks-coin" or is it "9-coin"Huh

or eye-ex-coin.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:03:11 PM

it is "eye-ex-coin"

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bansal

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:04:43 PM

I guess this project forces the question, anytime bitcoins become difficult to mine or too valuable, will someone just create a fork?  I mean I agree that this adds zero value, but functionally they are no worse than bitcoins.  In a way it makes the number of bitcoins limitless, they are just "shitbits", bitcoins with a lower value that can be used the same way and exchanged for the real thing, and there are potentially limitless shitbit clones.
Xephan

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Well maybe we should ask how many bitcoins Satoshi grabbed before releasing the project to the community too yeah?   Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sure
01 Nov 2008 16:16:33 -0700 Satoshi publishes Bitcoin whitepaper

09 Jan 2009 02:54:25 TZ? Genesis block in current bitcoin chain generated

09 Jan 2009 04:33:09 TZ? 14th block found

09 Jan 2009 17:05:49 -0800 Satoshi releases Bitcoin v0.1 publicly

10 Jan 2009 04:45:46 TZ? 15th Block found

Assuming all those blocks were found by Satoshi and no other persons who might be helping with the testing, Satoshi would had only gotten a 14 hours and 700 BTC headstart on everybody else.

In comparison to 2 months and 500,000 IXC? Wink

And given all the work that went into creating Bitcoin in the first place, I wouldn't begrudge Satoshi giving himself a 500K bounty headstart...

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:05:39 PM

hah..it was fun while it lasted.

Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:37:47 PM

?? 

Mousepotato
indio007

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:40:46 PM

indio007

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:53:16 PM

I was holding back on calling this guy a scumbag  but not  anymore.
checkout
http://www.ixcoin.org/
vs
http://www.bitcoin.org/

You can't even come up with unique web page design you unoriginal bastard?

I hope someone sells you a Rolex knock-off for all your copycoin.
Leech.

JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:55:07 PM

Too many somethingawful people in this thread, you are making it way too obvious for the idiots that are buying this.
gw4tt

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:56:49 PM

difficulty is getting to be too high now.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

I was holding back on calling this guy a scumbag  but not  anymore.
checkout
http://www.ixcoin.org/
vs
http://www.bitcoin.org/

You can't even come up with unique web page design you unoriginal bastard?

I hope someone sells you a Rolex knock-off for all your copycoin.
Leech.

It's all open source - anyone can do what they like with it. Don't get involved if you don't like it. If it's better than bitcoin it will survive  - if not it will die. I hope more people do exactly the same thing. The more clonecoins the stronger bitcoin will be (unless one of them is better then bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: