Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:32:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Ixcoin - a new Bitcoin fork  (Read 128123 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 08:41:55 PM

Why are Ixcoins still trading for .001 per?  Huh

Two people: Oldminer & Thomas Nasakioto

Correction: Just one person. Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nasakioto (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 10:15:07 PM

We've committed several changes to Branch 0.3.24.1.

These changes include a switchovr to new difficulty adjustment algorithm at block 20055. The current block count is 19960 so we should hit this count in about ~2 weeks. After that, difficulty retargets every 24hours with max increments of 10% and max decrements at 400% (uses Solidcoin's code). The aim is to achieve a much more consistent block rate.

On 09/01/11 00:12:51 UTC (in one week), the client will switch over to a new Ixcoin-specific pchMessageStart peering marker from the original Bitcoin marker. This change was recommended by a few although we haven't had reports of any issues with this yet. Better safe than sorry.

This will mean that all Ixcoin users need to update their client within 1 week. After that, their clients will likely not be able to communicate to other updated nodes on the p2p network due to the new marker. Blocks would also be rejected as they wouldn't include the new difficulty algo.

We wanted to have the marker and diff algo switchover together at a particular blockcount, but this might not work if some peers have switched over to the new marker and cannot update blocks on other peers using the old marker.

The changes are detailed here : https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/df30a348d0f914412a5a248f282afdd7ade95dbd

The IRC host is also now changed: https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/d8808bdf8eb109a25389b1745069955115c2940a

Any comments/reservations/suggestions would be appreciated at https://ixcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=71.msg358. Anybody who can test this code, please try and get back to me. If we don't get any objections to the new code, we'll upload the new builds very soon.

Thanks!

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:18:54 PM

We've committed several changes to Branch 0.3.24.1.

These changes include a switchovr to new difficulty adjustment algorithm at block 20055. The current block count is 19960 so we should hit this count in about ~2 weeks. After that, difficulty retargets every 24hours with max increments of 10% and max decrements at 400% (uses Solidcoin's code). The aim is to achieve a much more consistent block rate.

On 09/01/11 00:12:51 UTC (in one week), the client will switch over to a new Ixcoin-specific pchMessageStart peering marker from the original Bitcoin marker. This change was recommended by a few although we haven't had reports of any issues with this yet. Better safe than sorry.

This will mean that all Ixcoin users need to update their client within 1 week. After that, their clients will likely not be able to communicate to other updated nodes on the p2p network due to the new marker. Blocks would also be rejected as they wouldn't include the new difficulty algo.

We wanted to have the marker and diff algo switchover together at a particular blockcount, but this might not work if some peers have switched over to the new marker and cannot update blocks on other peers using the old marker.

The changes are detailed here : https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/df30a348d0f914412a5a248f282afdd7ade95dbd

The IRC host is also now changed: https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/d8808bdf8eb109a25389b1745069955115c2940a

Any comments/reservations/suggestions would be appreciated at https://ixcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=71.msg358. Anybody who can test this code, please try and get back to me. If we don't get any objections to the new code, we'll upload the new builds very soon.

Thanks!

Ha! Once again copy cat code! Nothing new! Just more bullshit copying.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Kartoff

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:49:37 PM

It is nice move but you seems to have a problem with that wich i don't get it Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:56:16 PM

It is nice move but you seems to have a problem with that wich i don't get it Smiley

My issue is that Thomas claims to be the developer of ixcoins but he has not developed shit. All he has probably done is copied and pasted code and called it an ixcoin release.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 11:07:20 PM

My issue is that Thomas claims to be the developer of ixcoins but he has not developed shit. All he has probably done is copied and pasted code and called it an ixcoin release.

I don't see where I claimed this, but even if I did, Ixcoin's tenant is not its codebase since it's a direct Bitcoin fork. Ixcoin is simply an alternative blockchain with a shorter maturity. Nothing more, nothing less.

In any case, it's good to see that Smoothie claims that he is a scammer by his own admission https://ixcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=52.msg369#msg369. I think we can all learn from his public honesty.

Ixcoin.org
bcforum

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:25:09 PM

Yes,

Still ~170 domains out of millions ain't much.

However to sort that out I would launch a DNS backup service with blacklisting for gov's apprehensions. Therefore all the users would need to do is to point at one of those backup nameservers.

ie.

freedomspeech.org -> A -> 123.123.123.123

issued order to seize freedomspeech by the gov; regular NS:

freedomspeech.org -> A -> «tha feds IP»

backup NS with blacklisting:

freedomspeech.org -> A - > «tha feds IP» -> .|. -> 123.123.123.123

Been done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS_root

If you found this post useful, feel free to share the wealth: 1E35gTBmJzPNJ3v72DX4wu4YtvHTWqNRbM
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:32:40 PM

I don't see where I claimed this, but even if I did, Ixcoin's tenant is not its codebase since it's a direct Bitcoin fork. Ixcoin is simply an alternative blockchain with a shorter maturity. Nothing more, nothing less.

In any case, it's good to see that Smoothie claims that he is a scammer by his own admission https://ixcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=52.msg369#msg369. I think we can all learn from his public honesty.

Lol. Did I premine 580k ixcoins?

Did I blatantly copy bitcoin code then call it my own?

How did I make that btc? Oh that's right I mined alongside others unlike yourself.

Then I exchanged them at DoubleC's site like everyone else.

Where did I scam anyone? Moreso where did I admit to being a scammer?

The true scammer is you Thomas. At least coin hunter premined a minimal amount and dedicated those coins purely for bounties unlike yourself. He premined 30000 and 100% of it goes to bounties. Less than half of your 580k premined coins are for bounties.

You asked one of your forum members how ixcoins can be more transparent. I wrote several suggestions in an open letter in which you ignored. My suggestions were reasonable yet you ignore me and ur dixcoin trolls end up addressing more than you have.

So it sounds like you can't let go of ur failing scam in an attempt to salvage what could have been a meaningful alternate block chain. Instead ur ixcoins network will fail purely because of ixcoins sole purpose is to give you and a few others a second chance at being an early adopter.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Actually, I think the whole argument is he -did- develop shit. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 11:46:54 PM

Did I blatantly copy bitcoin code then call it my own?

Where do I state Bitcoin is my code? I clearly state Ixcoin is a direct fork of Bitcoin.

How did I make that btc? Oh that's right I mined alongside others unlike yourself.

Then I exchanged them at DoubleC's site like everyone else.

Where did I scam anyone? Moreso where did I admit to being a scammer?

You believe Ixcoin to be a scam as you have stated throughout the forums. And you sold this 'scam' to other people for profit. Therefore, that makes you a scammer. You intentionally sold something you believed to be a scam. That is the definition of scammer.

You asked one of your forum members how ixcoins can be more transparent. I wrote several suggestions in an open letter in which you ignored. My suggestions were reasonable yet you ignore me and ur dixcoin trolls end up addressing more than you have.

Your suggestions were trivial and absurd. Typical of a scammer like yourself  Wink

Ixcoin.org
wolftaur

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:52:28 PM

Where do I state Bitcoin is my code? I clearly state Ixcoin is a direct fork of Bitcoin.

You seem to like to pretend ixcoin is your code.

But ixcoin isn't a fork of Bitcoin, it's a copy of Bitcoin. Editing the name does not a fork make, nor does changing one or two constants.

A fork is when you have a different vision for the future of a piece of software and you split it so you can make changes that make the program be significantly different from the original. And when I say "vision", I mean something other than a really blatantly obvious attempt to make yourself rich off of someone else's innovation.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:56:16 PM

Your suggestions were trivial and absurd. Typical of a scammer like yourself  Wink

Your plan and labor were trivial and absurd, typical of a scammer like yourself.

A real "fork" of Bitcoin might have, oh, let's see...

Altered the block generation to give out 500,000 coins in block 1. Then you could have reserved your "bounty" money, it would all be in one transaction, and it would be accountable to the community because payouts for bounty would have been a great deal easier to track. If you had any level of innovation in your project other than plain old fashioned selfish greed, you would have put 500,000 coins in block 1 and it would have been nice and transparent.

But that wasn't what you wanted. You didn't want to do actual work and create a transparent system. You wanted the least work possible to put money in your pocket -- and in the process, you created a currency and proved to us you didn't understand it. Instead of telling your "fork" to give you 500,000 coins in block 1, you mined solo for months, because ...

You didn't fork the software, you copied it.

Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 12:06:00 AM

You seem to like to pretend ixcoin is your code.

Again, where do I pretend such?

But ixcoin isn't a fork of Bitcoin, it's a copy of Bitcoin. Editing the name does not a fork make, nor does changing one or two constants.

A fork is when you have a different vision for the future of a piece of software and you split it so you can make changes that make the program be significantly different from the original. And when I say "vision", I mean something other than a really blatantly obvious attempt to make yourself rich off of someone else's innovation.

My vision is for Ixcoin to be a direct fork of Bitcoin, keeping up with any Bitcoin updates, on an alternative blockchain with shorter maturity. Nothing more, nothing less. You are free to lay your preconceptions on top of that is somewhat besides the matter.

Ixcoin.org
wolftaur

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:08:38 AM

My vision is for Ixcoin to be a direct fork of Bitcoin, keeping up with any Bitcoin updates, on an alternative blockchain with shorter maturity. Nothing more, nothing less. You are free to lay your preconceptions on top of that is somewhat besides the matter.

So there's no value added other than the 580,000 coins you kept for yourself as a reward for having the brilliant idea to change the name of someone else's actual work.

Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 12:16:29 AM

A real "fork" of Bitcoin might have, oh, let's see...

Altered the block generation to give out 500,000 coins in block 1. Then you could have reserved your "bounty" money, it would all be in one transaction, and it would be accountable to the community because payouts for bounty would have been a great deal easier to track. If you had any level of innovation in your project other than plain old fashioned selfish greed, you would have put 500,000 coins in block 1 and it would have been nice and transparent.

But that wasn't what you wanted. You didn't want to do actual work and create a transparent system. You wanted the least work possible to put money in your pocket -- and in the process, you created a currency and proved to us you didn't understand it. Instead of telling your "fork" to give you 500,000 coins in block 1, you mined solo for months, because ...

You didn't fork the software, you copied it.

The bounties are easy enough to track as all the winners are posted on the Ixcoin Forum for all to see. Feel free to contact the bounty winners.

We didn't adopt the initial block reward because we weren't sure of the release date, the final Ixcoin design and the way the bounties would be structured. Mining the coins gave us more flexibility.

So setting the initial block reward variable to 500K makes it a 'real fork' then? Well, I see our definition of a fork are not so different after all. At least we agree here.

Ixcoin.org
Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 12:20:01 AM

So there's no value added other than the 580,000 coins you kept for yourself as a reward for having the brilliant idea to change the name of someone else's actual work.

Ixcoin is an alternative blockchain with shorter maturity. That's it. The name change is incidental to that. If you fail to comprehend that, I can't help you I'm afraid.

Ixcoin.org
wolftaur

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:38:48 AM

Ixcoin is an alternative blockchain with shorter maturity. That's it. The name change is incidental to that. If you fail to comprehend that, I can't help you I'm afraid.

Ok, so...

Is it an alternative to Bitcoin, or an alternative to Solidcoin? Or did you just have no other option but to mix the two together when the rules you used for ixcoins blew up in your face and your get rich quick scheme was about to be destroyed because of how long until the next retarget?

It's quite a fair question, too. After all, you just said a bit ago:

And, well, now it's not a direct fork. SolidCoins sure must have been a huge relief for you, too... I mean, ixcoin's mining rate was plummeting and you couldn't do anything about it ...

Until SolidCoin came out and you had a solution you could copy.

Ain't a Bitcoin fork any more, though... So your "vision" as you yourself just described it? Well, you sacrifice that when your vision of 580,000 coins is about to die with a sometime-next-year retarget, I see. Smiley

None of which, of course, answers my point that you don't even understand the code you're "forking", because if you did understand it, and knew enough to be running a fork in any sort of trustworthy way, block 1 would have given you all the coins you wanted, and you wouldn't have had to waste so much time mining block, after block, after block ...

I mean, really, if you had a clue about what you were doing, we could have all "benefited" from ixcoin much sooner. You could have released your not at all innovative client much sooner, you wouldn't have had to do all that pesky mining first. Too bad you're not actually a creator of anything, just a code thief with too much jealousy of Satoshi... who so much wants to run a Bitcoin fork, until it blows up in his face and he has to change the rules.

Think about this, folks, before you invest your time, other coins, or fiat in ixcoins. If you want to believe Thomas's motives are honest? That's perfectly fine. But motives aren't everything. Just the fact he couldn't fix ixcoins on his own, and had to wait for SolidCoin to provide a solution ... Come on. Do you really expect long term growth in a digital product where every single problem that ever arises will be fixed in ixcoins _LAST_, because Thomas will have to wait for a competitor to fix it first? And what are you going to do the first time ixcoin has a problem that the competitors don't have? That's gonna happen sooner or later, if he's mixing rules and code and features from whichever combination of forks and upstreams actually suits him...

When you're valuing your ixcoins, just remember...

If SolidCoins hadn't been released, your currency would probably end up dead once Thomas was the only miner left. You only get retargeting in the reasonably near future, and blocks that are more than once an hour ...

Because a solution that Thomas could copy was released by someone else.

Maybe Thomas actually isn't a scammer ... Doesn't mean investing in something we all know for a fact he can't fix on his own if it breaks isn't a really stupid idea.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:42:19 AM

You believe Ixcoin to be a scam as you have stated throughout the forums. And you sold this 'scam' to other people for profit. Therefore, that makes you a scammer. You intentionally sold something you believed to be a scam. That is the definition of scammer.

Let's look at the definition of the word scam.

Noun: A dishonest scheme; a fraud.

Okay so was I dishonest in anyway by selling my ixcoins on the exchange in which I mined alongside everyone else? No.

What was dishonest was the fact that you PREMINED 580,000 IXCOINS and claimed less than half of those ixcoins for "bounties" in which HONEST people would give their time and effort, which is worth something, for ixcoins which are worth nothing.

The mere fact that you premined such a large amount is dishonest because it is unfair to the rest of the users who come along.

Did I premine any ixcoins? No. So therefore I have not scammed anyone or was dishonest in anyway. I sold my ixcoins on the exchange at a high price that someone was obviously willing to pay.

No one agreed or liked the fact that you premined 580k ixcoins and basically kept the majority of them to yourself.

Below I am attaching a direct quote and link of what I suggested and proposed to you. I would like you to tell me where my suggestions were trivial and absurd.

LINK: http://ixcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=67.0

Perhaps we could do a network restart where no ixcoins are pemined and some actual changes that mean something in the source code are modified to give them value. This would make things more transparent because then you are giving everyone equal opportunity to mine ixcoins as opposed to giving yourself a huge advantage prior to public release.

That would be fair and transparent. Until then many of us will likely stay away from ixcoins given that you could potentially crash the exchange(s) with your large amount of ixcoins in one sitting.

If this is not a money/power grab then you would be okay with restarting the network with zero premined coins and start the network off at a higher difficulty giving ixcoins more rarity because of how difficult they will be to mine them. Say the start difficulty was 10,000 instead of 1.

You would gain more interest in your project if everything I listed above was executed and the network was restarted.

But then again, your motives for having this network will show based on how you do or do not respond to this posting. Everyone else is watching too.

Yes doing what I proposed would indeed give ixcoins much much more transparency.

1. Restarting the network to make it fair to adopters of the currency would make ixcoins transparent.
2. Making MEANINGFUL changes to the bitcoin code would show the community that ixcoins is more than just a copy-cat bitcoin replica in an attempt to make a quick buck and be an early adopter, while doing absolutely nothing to add any value to the concept of bitcoin.

How are the two points, especially #2 absurd and trivial? It sure seems trivial to copy bitcoin code change 2 numbers and replace bit with ix and call it a "fork".

But you refusing to even consider what I have proposed shows that you are trying with all of your being to hold on to this scam and hope people buy into it thus making you rich by doing absolutely nothing and adding ZERO value to the bitcoin code.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:45:10 AM

Apparently I'm also a scammer, because I use dollars which I know the be worthless.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
wolftaur

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:49:25 AM

Apparently I'm also a scammer, because I use dollars which I know the be worthless.

You're only a scammer for using dollars if you disagree with the guy who embezzled millions of them from a bank and then let the FDIC cover the charges, thus making himself rich with no actual work that deserved the pay.

Just like you're only a scammer for selling ixcoins if you disagree with the guy who stole Satoshi's work, and then pre-mined over half a million coins, because he wanted to get tons of profit for nothing of actual value.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: