Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ixcoin fork -> I0coin  (Read 216911 times)
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 07:59:42 PM

So which port will go in the client (when mining)?  7333?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BusmasterDMA

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:59:12 PM

WHERE are all the people decrying alt chains as "scams" and proclaiming they won't participate in I0coin for whatever moral reasons?
That's likely because IOcoin is a direct response to the largest complaint against Ixcoin.  I0coin is Ixcoin only without the guy who mined solo for three months before public release of the project.

Bears.  Beets.  Battlestar Galactica.  Bitcoin.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:03:23 PM

WHERE are all the people decrying alt chains as "scams" and proclaiming they won't participate in I0coin for whatever moral reasons? 
That's likely because IOcoin is a direct response to largest complaint against Ixcoin.  I0coin is Ixcoin only without the guy who mined solo for three months before public release of the project.

+1 I mean +580,000  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:20:42 PM

What's the current block count?

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:21:51 PM

What's the current block count?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 09:40:55 PM

anybody got an .exe compiled they can submit a pull request with (joules?)

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 10:01:51 PM

For those interested, BTC Guild has prepared a fork of the frontend and backend for i0coin.  You can sign up and prepare to mine at:  i0.btcguild.com

Proportional, ~2.08% fee (1 coin if it goes 48 coins/5 minute block, 2 coins if it goes 96 coins/10 minute block).  Full BTC Guild interface and round statistics.

You can setup now and make sure your miners work.  I'll be swapping i0coind for the official release version as soon as it becomes available.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
hawks5999

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 10:09:48 PM

For those interested, BTC Guild has prepared a fork of the frontend and backend for i0coin.  You can sign up and prepare to mine at:  i0.btcguild.com

Proportional, ~2.08% fee (1 coin if it goes 48 coins/5 minute block, 2 coins if it goes 96 coins/10 minute block).  Full BTC Guild interface and round statistics.

You can setup now and make sure your miners work.  I'll be swapping i0coind for the official release version as soon as it becomes available.

so we just mine with btc client against the pool or need i0 client?

EDIT
i mean miner not client

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 10:11:45 PM

For those interested, BTC Guild has prepared a fork of the frontend and backend for i0coin.  You can sign up and prepare to mine at:  i0.btcguild.com

Proportional, ~2.08% fee (1 coin if it goes 48 coins/5 minute block, 2 coins if it goes 96 coins/10 minute block).  Full BTC Guild interface and round statistics.

You can setup now and make sure your miners work.  I'll be swapping i0coind for the official release version as soon as it becomes available.

so we just mine with btc client against the pool or need i0 client?

EDIT
i mean miner not client

You can mine at I0Guild with the same miner you already use.  Just signup for an account, setup your worker, and mine away.  You can test your setup now (we're using the "testnet" i0coind right now).  The rewards/shares from the test pool will be wiped clean once the OFFICIAL i0coind is released.

hawks5999

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 10:43:16 PM

Do you want an exchange?

DoubleC will you have i0change.bitparking.com online by tomorrow?

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:18:02 PM

DoubleC will you have i0change.bitparking.com online by tomorrow?
I'll have an exchange up, yes. It'll be i0exchange.bitparking.com. Unfortunately 'release' time for i0coin is in the early hours of the morning for me so it'll be up a few hours later than release. I'll also want to monitor i0coin for an hour or two to get an idea of the block solve rate and number of orphans so I can set a reasonable deposit confirmation period.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:18:43 PM

churning i0c at 2.4 gh/s

7% combined stale rate. not too bad.
hmm, it'll be interesting when i hop to i0c tomorrow.

kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:54:43 PM

With the code adjusted to be 48 coins per 5 min and re adjust the difficulty every 7 days (2016 blocks), the inflation rate should look like this:

http://www.i0coin.org/inflation.png

So we will end with the exact same amount of coins in our blockchain than bitcoin in it blockchain but the maduration period will be much much sooner (maduration: when we reach the ~21M limit)
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:57:26 PM

Can you provide a summary of the differences? Number of coins you've decided to generate, how often, etc? Putting this on the i0coin page would be good.
krusaderx

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:07:49 AM

You can mine at I0Guild with the same miner you already use.  Just signup for an account, setup your worker, and mine away.  You can test your setup now (we're using the "testnet" i0coind right now).  The rewards/shares from the test pool will be wiped clean once the OFFICIAL i0coind is released.

If someone is mining against the IOcoin testnet via i0.btcguild.com when the test is concluded and the live block chain starts, will they seamlessly start mining against the live block chain?

In other words, if I point a miner at i0.btcguild.com 30ish minutes before the switch from test to live, will it "just work", no interaction required on my part?

Thanks,
 Kx
eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:18:36 AM

If someone is mining against the IOcoin testnet via i0.btcguild.com when the test is concluded and the live block chain starts, will they seamlessly start mining against the live block chain?

In other words, if I point a miner at i0.btcguild.com 30ish minutes before the switch from test to live, will it "just work", no interaction required on my part?

Thanks,
 Kx

Correct.  When the switch happens your miner will stop working for a minute or so, then pick up again on the live i0coin network.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:27:02 AM

heheheheheh on the i0coin website it says "secs" heheheheheh Tongue

mine just says NOW

Can you provide a summary of the differences? Number of coins you've decided to generate, how often, etc? Putting this on the i0coin page would be good.

48 coins, every 5 minutes, 2016 blocks for difficulty change, each week.. max round of 2 weeks before diff change, so none of those problems namecoin has, i believe their are limits to how much diff can change, but not sure.

wallet encryption
address checks
no pre-mined coins
everyone gets in on day one.

mooo for rent
AlcaDotS

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:33:55 AM

48 coins, every 5 minutes, 2016 blocks for difficulty change, each week.. max round of 2 weeks before diff change

I believe the max round length is going to be 7 days now (please confirm) which is the same as 5*2016 minutes. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not but I think this'll mean that the time limit will occur 50% if mining capacity doesn't increase during a new block
wannaBhacker

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:36:42 AM

Why not change the difficulty at 1/4 the blocks? Like 504 or even less than that like every 126 blocks? Then you don't have to do the minutes, or if you did, the difficulty could change every couple of days and be much more fluid.

I posted this on btcguilds thread:

Invalid blocks are crazy and each block is mined in seconds.

I don't know your total involvement with i0 coin, but a suggestion should be made to start the difficulty > 1 or there will be tons of invalids and it would be easy for an attacker or pool with a lot of ghash to take over such a young low difficulty blockchain.

Start the difficulty out at even 64 or 128 and the blocks will still fly fast but at 1 a pool will be fighting over their own shares for which one is first.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:40:47 AM

Why not change the difficulty at 1/4 the blocks? Like 504 or even less than that like every 126 blocks? Then you don't have to do the minutes, or if you did, the difficulty could change every couple of days and be much more fluid.

I posted this on btcguilds thread:

Invalid blocks are crazy and each block is mined in seconds.

I don't know your total involvement with i0 coin, but a suggestion should be made to start the difficulty > 1 or there will be tons of invalids and it would be easy for an attacker or pool with a lot of ghash to take over such a young low difficulty blockchain.

Start the difficulty out at even 64 or 128 and the blocks will still fly fast but at 1 a pool will be fighting over their own shares for which one is first.

My vote is for difficulty 1. I wanna know what it is like to mine at the easiest difficulty possible just like Satoshi did!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: