Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:13:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that STABLECOINS are needed in the future of crypto payments?  (Read 1627 times)
CP_Processor (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 11:29:23 AM by CP_Processor

Do you think that STABLECOINS are needed in the future of crypto payments?

If you have an opinion on this subject, leave a comment, or follow this link and cast your vote Wink https://twitter.com/CP_Processor/status/993797972860301312

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 12:21:06 PM

Our recent poll showed that majority of you believes that the future of crypto payments lies in stablecoins. But which one will be the “winner”? Which one do you trust the most?  Roll Eyes

We would love to hear your opinion on this matter, so leave your comment below, or simply vote! Smiley
https://twitter.com/CP_Processor/status/994902629665910784

For further read visit https://medium.com/cp-processor/which-stablecoin-will-most-likely-be-used-in-the-future-of-crypto-payments-18f05b51659e
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 09:17:53 AM

MakerDao is currently in the lead, but it is neck and neck with Havven... Who will be the winner? Only 2 hours left to vote  Grin
https://twitter.com/CP_Processor/status/994902629665910784

The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:05:42 AM

I think they will be needed. Or projects will run with double coins, one project and one stable.
BTW DGX can be also used as stablecoin IMO.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:21:48 AM

bitbay will be best real stable coin

i have never heard of these other ones that are mentioned in the poll

that with their dde decentralised marketplace will ensure this one is the winner

fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:48:32 AM

For cryptocurrencies to be used as currencies which they were meant to be in the first place the need for a stable coin is greater now more than ever because there is no way that sellers would want to accept a currency which value can drop in the blink of an eye. It does look like it would be hard to find one stable coin but that does not mean that it is not needed.

CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 08:19:15 AM

We have no dilemma that the massive use of crypto requires stability for the simple reason:
many more people want to make payments than to gamble.

As far as the future of the Stablecoins, the race has just started, and time will show the results ...
We hope that CP Processor will achieve its vision and mission  Cool
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:23:33 AM

Our recent poll showed that 45% of you believes that MakerDao& Dai has the most promising Stablecoin and that it will be most likely the future of crypto payment.

We think that stable token DAI in practice has the role of ETH LONG leverage and in other words serves as some kind of ETH CALL Option.

What do you think?
veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:05:14 PM

I believe that stablecoin is very necessary for crypto. I am sure that such coin will appear in this year's and this become a reason why a lot of new people will come in crypto. There will be new hype about crypto.

CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:41:23 PM

I believe that stablecoin is very necessary for crypto. I am sure that such coin will appear in this year's and this become a reason why a lot of new people will come in crypto. There will be new hype about crypto.
Totally agree!
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:12:20 PM

No, to make payments I don't think the stablecoins are necessary. Instead, they are an interesting concept if you are thinking in holding. For example, if someone wants to hold for a long time and is worried about the possibility that the price of his coins falls, he could get some stablecoins and hold them. The problem is to guarantee that the value of those stablecoins stays really stable, after all, they are just another cryptocurrency. Anyway, I think the only people who use the stablecoins are the traders when they think that the market is going to drop.
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 03:00:30 PM

No, to make payments I don't think the stablecoins are necessary. Instead, they are an interesting concept if you are thinking in holding. For example, if someone wants to hold for a long time and is worried about the possibility that the price of his coins falls, he could get some stablecoins and hold them. The problem is to guarantee that the value of those stablecoins stays really stable, after all, they are just another cryptocurrency. Anyway, I think the only people who use the stablecoins are the traders when they think that the market is going to drop.

Interesting point, but take a look at this article https://bravenewcoin.com/news/stablecoins-and-payment-processors-to-take-crypto-mainstream/
You might change your mind  Grin
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:44:28 AM

Comprehensive overview of STABLECOINS — PART 1.

For those of you who still don’t know, “Stablecoins” as they are called by the greater blockchain community, are crypto coins that are intended to provide measurable stability in a price change. These crypto coins are “designed to be used as a unit of account and even as a store of value.” Typically, most stablecoins are pegged against the USD, but some implementations intend to move over to a basket of currencies or an index such as the CPI (consumer price index) in time. This is in hopes of having a currency independent of fiat in the near future.

There are three categories of approaches to developing a price-stable cryptocurrency:
1. fiat-collateralized
2. crypto-collateralized
3. non-collateralized (essentially an independent, non-collateralized currency maintained by an “algoritham”)

Read the whole article at https://medium.com/cp-processor/comprehensive-overview-of-stablecoins-46d9220ca862
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:56:34 AM

In my own opinion, I think for cryptocurrencies to be used as means of exchange for payment of either goods and services there is need for a  stable coin. No body will want to sell and accept a coin which the price is not stable as they will be tendency for the price to fall and they maybe at loss unlike when the coin price is stable and there is no problem of loss.
CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 11:29:18 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 01:46:03 PM by CP_Processor

Because of great interest and importance of this topic, we have repeated the poll DO YOU THINK THAT STABLECOINS ARE NEEDED FOR THE FUTURE OF CRYPTO PAYMENTS, and it will last for seven days! We want to hear your opinion, so like this poll, share it or comment Smiley

https://twitter.com/CP_Processor/status/998521133900140544

CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 01:45:46 PM

Yeah, the average person doesn't want to be gambling with their grocery or rent money.
Exactly!
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:23:36 PM

It is exactly what the market needs if cryptocurrencies are ever going to serve the purpose that they were created for and to be used as currencies. if there is no stable coin then there would be no one who would want to use it as a currency since it is very unpredictable and volatile. Although as we are looking for a stable coin then there should also be a coin which its transactions are instant.

CP_Processor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 07:59:55 AM

It is exactly what the market needs if cryptocurrencies are ever going to serve the purpose that they were created for and to be used as currencies. if there is no stable coin then there would be no one who would want to use it as a currency since it is very unpredictable and volatile. Although as we are looking for a stable coin then there should also be a coin which its transactions are instant.

Right on point! The race for the dominant stablecoin has just begun, but is there any of them you trust the most?
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 08:06:42 AM

I personally prefer direct converting to fiat if I want to convert to fiat, but seems like not many exchange support for direct fiat converting. Stable coin are easily manipulated if we compared to other crypto, like the Tether case in bitfinex before.

caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

Yes, we need stablecoins for sure, because all people need to own some couns that bring stability into their portofolio. From what i saw untill now,  Havven seems to be the most promising option regarding stablecoins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: