Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Hase ZEC co. Deceived and Misled GPU Miners?
ZEC co. Has Deceived and Misled GPU Miners - 90 (73.2%)
ZEC co. Is Honest and has not Deceived or Misled GPU Miners - 16 (13%)
I already dumped all my ZCash and reached ROI so I don't care - 17 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9  (Read 4574 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:27:26 PM

cryptomined  ignore fanatic26  he doesn't appear to be the real fanatic from a while back, I honestly think hes a paid troll from some place trying to piss us off and wants everything ASIC when both GPUs and ASIC can exist to gather ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:37:24 PM

Hey everyone, I recently did this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPdnG03eI58) showing some of the recent Deception and Misdirection that the ZCash team has pushed on us all over the last 1.5 years and ofcoarse more recently over the last week with the announcement of the Z9.

Yes, Zcash is a scam, always has. Why? first the trusted stepup is completely unreliable from the get go, but now with all the behaviors that you documented... it is total unconsciousness to support this chain in anyway.

ZEC is beautiful example of how a shitcoin can get a high valuation...

Furthermore the behavior, and censorship is totally unacceptable. it's the virus musk(it), a very contagious illness, made of arrogance and lack of respect for investors.

and there is zero decentralization with this coin, everything rest on the shoulder of a censoring master... what a shame for those who have been fooled...

the rush for the exit is going to be fun Smiley.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:57:42 PM
Merited by TunerDude007 (2)

When devs needs hashrate they are the best friend of small miners, garage miners, medium miners, but when the coin reaches a great volume of money, they forgot all and don't care about community

My thoughts exactly. I am truly disappointed with the tactlessness "Zooko" and the ZEC team handled this. I have always viewed and supported ZCash as a reliable and honest coin but after this BS? No thanks. Dumping ALL my mined ZEC and moving on to better privacy-based coins like Monero (at least they care about their community).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:09:11 AM

I knew this would happen, reason why I never invested on any equihash coin, there is nothing amazing or brilliant about zec, monero is in many ways better, the only thing i don't like about monero is the high transaction fees.

The high fee should be somewhat lowered when 'Bulletproof' shows its face this year  Smiley
Spill

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

When devs needs hashrate they are the best friend of small miners, garage miners, medium miners, but when the coin reaches a great volume of money, they forgot all and don't care about community

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This sums it up,   but that's ok I'll start dumping all the zcash i've mined in the past year and 1/2,  and never
touch that coin ever again.

BTW you generally dont want ACIS from one company to control all your hash rate,  Especially Bitmains,  who's Bitcoin miners
are known to have backdoors and remote shutoff's.
norminorm

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:40:42 AM

what they should do is, yes, postpone sappling and deal with the ASIC mess right away.  Priority should be given to what they said first, which is remain ASIC resistant, alter the algo to eliminate any threat of ASICs... sappling and any other upgrade came after the statements on ASIC resistance and forking off ASICs.

Who the hell are you to decide how they prioritize their work?  First of all, there is no ASIC threat or mess. There are just ASICs, which are the natural progression of how coins are mined. ASICs are a good thing to everyone except end users that are worried about nothing more than their profits. Go mine some other shitcoins and stop posting this nonsense before someone actually takes you seriously.

That tell all about fanatic26
Bitcointalk:
Show the last topics started by this person.

1. "Hello bitcointalk....
I have a large number of S7s available for cheap. The vast majority have been modded for increased power efficiency using Sidehacks PIC flash mod."
2. "Direct from the trade show.
Ebit E9++"
3. "Having a strange issue that I cannot figure out.
I have a mix of S7, S9, and Avalon6 units. "

This just tells me you are a ASIC dog.
Why dont you go, and start a ASIC community and support a ASIC coin - SOB.
cryptomined (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 06:55:03 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 07:48:13 AM by cryptomined

cryptomined  ignore fanatic26  he doesn't appear to be the real fanatic from a while back, I honestly think hes a paid troll from some place trying to piss us off and wants everything ASIC when both GPUs and ASIC can exist to gather ..
yes, already put him on ignore Smiley

Apocalypse Onion

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:50:07 AM

BTW you generally dont want ACIS from one company to control all your hash rate

Especially for a privacy coin.

Everything you do is private until the corporation that controls the network decides otherwise? Wtf.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:39:03 PM

Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:33:03 PM

My thoughts exactly. I am truly disappointed with the tactlessness "Zooko" and the ZEC team handled this. I have always viewed and supported ZCash as a reliable and honest coin but after this BS? No thanks. Dumping ALL my mined ZEC and moving on to better privacy-based coins like Monero (at least they care about their community).

zokoo is fucking liberal, like dorsey, i am sure he voted hillary.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
cryptomined (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 03:06:59 PM

Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics

yeah he doesn't care, except when he can get double founders rewards by making 2 ZEC chains... then sure... then he can fork a GPU minable chain and support both the GPU and ASIC minable chains... and I bet he would do it with godspeed...

no double founders reward?  then he doesn't even know if its possible to fork to a GPU only chain...  

funny how he can say its a possibility to have a new GPU chain, and then right after reply to my twitter saying the problem is he doesnt know how the ASICs work (and therefore cant produce a GPU only fork)

zokoo is fucking liberal, like dorsey, i am sure he voted hillary.

well he sure as hell won't be making bitcoin great again (or crypto)

B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:19:01 PM

Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics

yeah he doesn't care, except when he can get double founders rewards by making 2 ZEC chains... then sure... then he can fork a GPU minable chain and support both the GPU and ASIC minable chains... and I bet he would do it with godspeed...

no double founders reward?  then he doesn't even know if its possible to fork to a GPU only chain...  

funny how he can say its a possibility to have a new GPU chain, and then right after reply to my twitter saying the problem is he doesnt know how the ASICs work (and therefore cant produce a GPU only fork)

the good news is that it already lost almost $100m of marketcap (from 1.05 to 0.93)... who will be left holding the bags of this shitcoin? that is the real question Smiley and what you say is so true...

Cheesy

gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:33:22 PM

Why don't these devs realise that not only gpu miners are the first users of their coin but they are also their biggest user base at any time. They are all underestimating role of gpu miners which far outnumbers the ASIC miners. They are over confident in their coin's tehnological edge but it doesn't matter if something has space age technology if nobody uses it. New and technologically advance coins will keep on arriving in future but the coin which betrays its community will turn to dust. We miners will just ignore, go over their dead body and move on.
 This action is a nail in Zcash's coffin.
molivil

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:38:07 PM

I'd rather see the coin staying ASIC resistant in the future, but I understand if it takes time to make sure that changing the POW algorithm doesn't break other services that are already dependent on the Zcash network.
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:42:41 PM

I'd rather see the coin staying ASIC resistant in the future, but I understand if it takes time to make sure that changing the POW algorithm doesn't break other services that are already dependent on the Zcash network.

don't be so dumb, the algo doesn't change anything about the chain... all those so called service can work with pos coin... you are sooo noob. do some research.

Why don't these devs realise that not only gpu miners are the first users of their coin but they are also their biggest user base at any time.

the coin which betrays its community will turn to dust. We miners will just ignore, go over their dead body and move on.

the miner dumpers don't care, as long as suckers pay for it and it is profitable for them they will continue to dump it... until it isnt Smiley. but those who hodl zec? I mean... they are such risk takers (I hope they love bags too Cheesy).

and the devs don't give a f now... they have the lambos and bimbos... look at what dash did... they even seeked asics.

CryptoJoel

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

Probably heard about the Z9 and said, "wait a second, we could make a killing mining our own coin with those new ASICs." *ahem* "We never had plans to make equihash ASIC resistant." *ahem*
grtbaldini

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:25:45 PM

I'm glad I only have $3.00 left of ZEC. Typical big business taking away from those that brought the co up and made it something.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:00:47 PM

Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics

The 20% thing always bugged me from day one with Zcash. For one why did they need it all in the first 4 years and not just do the 10% over the life of the coin? Who is going to fund development after the first 4 years? 

I let such questions go early on, but now with this attitude they are taking of embracing ASICs after launching the coin as ASIC resistant as one of the core features really has me doubting their long term commitment to the project. How long after the 4 years worth of dev payments stop does Zooko and his crew move on to a new coin as Zcash is no longer the viable platform they hoped it would be.

New coins are a dime a dozen, and realistically the features they claim that makes them unique are often superficial at best. There are probably only a handful of coins that are truly unique, and even of those, other coins could copy many of those features with ease. The only thing left is the community that stands behind it, and when you start alienating a large percentage of that user base you no longer even have that. 
Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:28:05 PM

I hope Bitmain will do at least 1 pump, then I get rid of my last 199 Zcash  Grin

Since last Monday over to Monero, after more then a year of all my rigs on Zcash.
I know, you can expect a lot in Crypto, but this ? 

norminorm

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:30:36 PM

Why don't these devs realise that not only gpu miners are the first users of their coin but they are also their biggest user base at any time. They are all underestimating role of gpu miners which far outnumbers the ASIC miners. They are over confident in their coin's tehnological edge but it doesn't matter if something has space age technology if nobody uses it. New and technologically advance coins will keep on arriving in future but the coin which betrays its community will turn to dust. We miners will just ignore, go over their dead body and move on.

Very very nice comment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: