Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:35:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Hase ZEC co. Deceived and Misled GPU Miners?
ZEC co. Has Deceived and Misled GPU Miners - 90 (73.2%)
ZEC co. Is Honest and has not Deceived or Misled GPU Miners - 16 (13%)
I already dumped all my ZCash and reached ROI so I don't care - 17 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9  (Read 4574 times)
norminorm

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:11:18 AM

This subject needs to remain on top. As a warning to greedy devs.
cryptomined (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:46:51 AM

Cool  tried my best to show people their true colors...

i had been mining ZEC religiously since testnet...  even if it was not the most profitable crypto to mine with my nvidia cards, i kept them on zec...

and all that time zooko disliked us GPU miners because we can just change networks to the more profitable chain...

well even if ZEC is more profitable (which it is not)... I wont be mining it again...

ofpcarnage

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

I would like to know what makes asics better at securing the network than gpu's?   
Also some idiot saying that gpu miners jump ship if another coins is more profitable...So do asic miners. You only have to look at BTC and BCH if one is more profitable than the other to mine they simply switch their asics to that coin.

We all saw the posts when zec first started .. making promises at being asic resistant....in order to be resistant you have to actually resist. its so easy to say your resistant when there is nothing to resist against.

I would like to see the 20% paid by the miners put to some good use and use the 20% to pay the devs  for their time to fork away from asics and actually keep their word.

Everything the OP has stated is true and in my opinion if they dont fork away from asics they should be held liable for their lies and deceit. They are no better than Bitconnect it my eyes.
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:29:05 PM

I would like to know what makes asics better at securing the network than gpu's?   
Also some idiot saying that gpu miners jump ship if another coins is more profitable...So do asic miners. You only have to look at BTC and BCH if one is more profitable than the other to mine they simply switch their asics to that coin.

We all saw the posts when zec first started .. making promises at being asic resistant....in order to be resistant you have to actually resist. its so easy to say your resistant when there is nothing to resist against.

I would like to see the 20% paid by the miners put to some good use and use the 20% to pay the devs  for their time to fork away from asics and actually keep their word.

Everything the OP has stated is true and in my opinion if they dont fork away from asics they should be held liable for their lies and deceit. They are no better than Bitconnect it my eyes.

First thing that comes to mind is that when you're a GPU PoW coin, its possible to develop an asic in secret and basically take over the network without anyone knowing.

If you're already on asics (fastest tech available atm), you're not vulnerable to stuff like that.
Dagamus(NM)

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:31:52 PM

Yeah, it is a pretty lousy situation. ZEC has been my preferred coin for the past year. Sold most of it and moved my miners to Raven. Seems like a shitcoin with a future. I don't really see any downsides to it.

I picked up a z9 just to try it out. It will run simply to mine and sell. No hodling. Once it becomes unprofitable to run into the recycle bin it goes.

At first I though you all were being dramatic but the more I read the more I agree with the general consensus of this group.

almartins

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:44:36 PM

+1  Huh
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:43:29 AM

I would like to see the 20% paid by the miners put to some good use and use the 20% to pay the devs  for their time to fork away from asics and actually keep their word.

First thing that comes to mind is that when you're a GPU PoW coin, its possible to develop an asic in secret and basically take over the network without anyone knowing.

If you're already on asics (fastest tech available atm), you're not vulnerable to stuff like that.

That's not a pleasant scenario.

On the other side, it's a lot more secure when there's one dominant ASIC manufacturer that already has a healthy xx% of the hashrate and can easly build enough to get over 50%. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Totally invulnerable. Cheesy Cheesy

Also does the eth network seem vulnerable? You'd need quite a lot of ASICs (assuming E3 eff) to get over 50.

And how many persons/companies could actually build and design an ASIC that could take over a network like Zecs? Assuming the devs would not treat changing algos like some design of the 8th world wonder, and fork like Monero did?
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:56:22 AM

Hey everyone, I recently did this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPdnG03eI58) showing some of the recent Deception and Misdirection that the ZCash team has pushed on us all over the last 1.5 years and ofcoarse more recently over the last week with the announcement of the Z9.

Yes, Zcash is a scam, always has. Why? first the trusted stepup is completely unreliable from the get go, but now with all the behaviors that you documented... it is total unconsciousness to support this chain in anyway.

ZEC is beautiful example of how a shitcoin can get a high valuation...

Furthermore the behavior, and censorship is totally unacceptable. it's the virus musk(it), a very contagious illness, made of arrogance and lack of respect for investors.

and there is zero decentralization with this coin, everything rest on the shoulder of a censoring master... what a shame for those who have been fooled...

the rush for the exit is going to be fun Smiley.

Very true if this is supposed to be a decentralized coin than why is one man pulling the strings 
cas33

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:05:44 AM

I sold all my zec and my friends too. Never ever will trade it. I hope soon it will become shitcoin like most if not change mind
cryptotore

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:26:24 AM

Sounds like GPU miners like yourself are the greedy ones?
ofpcarnage

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:41:25 AM

Sounds like you yourself are a bit of an ass hole with no real concept of right or wrong and no clue what decentralisation actually means. Also when a promise is made it should be up held. Now shuffle on back under your bridge you troll.
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:46:19 AM

Do you have any actual arguments?
norminorm

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:41:23 PM

Another ASIC dog unmasked "cryptotore"
Bitcointalk:
Show the last topics started by this person.

"Hi,
I would like some help with a design to sound proof 10-20 Antminer S9's.
I've been searching but havent really found any good threads on it, hope its ok I create a new one.
This is my goal:
-Be able to run 10-20 S9 in my garage without bothering the neigbours."

"Got 6x S7 coupons valued at 0.05 BTC each available for sale.
0.025 each
0.12 for all"

Why dont you go, and start and support a ASIC coin  - SOB.

And YES i will proudly say I am nice size GPU miner and I supported a lot of projects since 2012 with donations to devs and to list coins on exchanges. Also, as for many here mining is my hobby. I dont drink, smoke or party and money is not the most important think in my life. in blockchain i see future for better world. where a GPU owner/miner in afrika or asia could provide for his family without sale his kidney to a greedy F...k like you.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE CRYPTO COMMUNITY, BESIDE PROFITING OF COINS, THAT OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM SUPPORTED FROM THE BEGINING?
whitebrow

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:03:38 PM

Bitcointalk:

"Hi,
I've been searching but havent really found any good threads on it, hope its ok I create a new one.
This is my goal:

0.025 each
0.12 for all"

And YES i will proudly say I am nice size GPU miner and I supported a lot of projects since 2012 with donations to devs and to list coins on exchanges. Also, as for many here mining is my hobby. I dont drink, smoke or party and money is not the most important think in my life. in blockchain i see future for better world. where a GPU owner/miner in afrika or asia could provide for his family without sale his kidney to a greedy F...k like you.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE CRYPTO COMMUNITY, BESIDE PROFITING OF COINS, THAT OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM SUPPORTED FROM THE BEGINING?

yikes
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:06:13 PM

The ASIC manufacturer could sell only a small fraction of its miners and keep the rest mining for itself. That makes a coin/algo that has been ASIC'ed just as vulnerable to "secret mining" as one that is still only mineable with a GPU or CPU.

So, no, the successful development of ASICs for an algo does not make it any less vulnerable to shady behavior by ASIC manufacturers.

cryptotore

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:10:12 PM

The ASIC manufacturer could sell only a small fraction of its miners and keep the rest mining for itself. That makes a coin/algo that has been ASIC'ed just as vulnerable to "secret mining" as one that is still only mineable with a GPU or CPU.

So, no, the successful development of ASICs for an algo does not make it any less vulnerable to shady behavior by ASIC manufacturers.

So you would say bitcoin is just as vulnerable to someone developing a better tech  and taking over the network as for example monero?
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:10:55 PM

Bitcointalk:

"Hi,
This is my goal:

0.025 each
0.12 for all"

So because he mines with ASICs hes a bad person?

P.S. Its actually cheaper for someone in a third world country to buy and run an ASIC than it is to build a MUCH MORE expensive GPU system that requires paying 4-5x the amount of import duties and makes less profit. Maybe you should spend less time dreaming of a better world and more time paying attention to the reality of this one. So you can proudly say you are a GPU miner even though it is meaningless at least you can pat yourself on the back. You have no fundamental grasp of how mining works yet you come here talking shit to someone with more skin in the game that you can ever afford to have.

The stupidity in this thread is overwhelming.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

It is a misconception some people think about the whole thing. I would not blame the troll or even bitmain for that, blame should be on coin developers, they have the power to do anything they like given the consensus.

As off topic, zec has been pumping and right now is the best time to dump all the zec you trolls have for xmr or any other gpu only coin.

Also you trolls should never support asic coins and that is to send a message to future coin developers.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:55:55 PM

Bitcointalk:

"Hi,
This is my goal:

0.025 each
0.12 for all"

Why dont you go, and start and support a ASIC coin  - SOB.

P.S. Its actually cheaper for someone in a third world country to buy and run an ASIC than it is to build a MUCH MORE expensive GPU system that requires paying 4-5x the amount of import duties and makes less profit. Maybe you should spend less time dreaming of a better world and more time paying attention to the reality of this one. So you can proudly say you are a GPU miner even though it is meaningless at least you can pat yourself on the back. You have no fundamental grasp of how mining works yet you come here talking shit to someone with more skin in the game that you can ever afford to have.

The stupidity in this thread is overwhelming.
So you are saying that Asics are custom duty free ? For third world countries GPU mining is even more important. Asics are not available in retail shops like gpus are. Even in a small third world nation's small town you can go and easily buy a gpu but not the same case with Asics. Many Asian countries have informally banned Asics from entering the country, they seize them in customs but how would you know. Living in first world comfort zone and talking about third world problems.

Gpu mining is democratisation of mining and prevents crony capitalism. Any Govt. can officialy ban ASICs easily and no one would care but they can never ban GPUs as it has many uses in different industries and a only a tiny minority use it for cryptocurrency mining.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:03:57 PM

When devs needs hashrate they are the best friend of small miners, garage miners, medium miners, but when the coin reaches a great volume of money, they forgot all and don't care about community

That is a very interesting quip.  Very thought provoking and made think more about the lifecycle of various coins.  What about this:

1. Would Bitcoin be worth what it is today without ASICs?

2. Doesn't Bitcoin pretty much get a 'pass' when it comes to this since the original developer is anonymous?  Sure, there is a development team working on bitcoin.  But... they also seem untouchable or maybe since bitcoin is doing so well no one cares.

Regarding the OP, I'll just add:

3. I agree developers should act in good faith with their own community.  Banning people for voicing an opinion is wrong.  However...

4. Is there anything legally binding that says the developer "must" fork for various reasons?  Starting off over a year ago to remain ASIC resistant is one thing.  But a lot can change in that time so should coin developers not be flexible to changing strategies?

Maybe ASICS will be the fire power that pushes ZEC into the stratosphere in a couple of years time with ASIC mining and wider adoption. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀