Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:31:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Hase ZEC co. Deceived and Misled GPU Miners?
ZEC co. Has Deceived and Misled GPU Miners - 90 (73.2%)
ZEC co. Is Honest and has not Deceived or Misled GPU Miners - 16 (13%)
I already dumped all my ZCash and reached ROI so I don't care - 17 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9  (Read 4574 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:30:44 AM

I still wanna see the look on people's faces IF ZEN decides not to fork.

"The ZenCash development team, in collaboration with the community, reserves the right to review and change the decision to Hard Fork, especially if it is determined that changing the Equihash-144-5 algorithm will not be effective in promoting decentralization of mining."

Just put the anti-progress, racist GPU owners who are unwilling to adapt to changes in mining on your ignore list and embrace the future of ASICs and FPGAs.

racists? hell yeah!

send those ASICs to concentration camps near cheap source of electricity work their ass off until when the next generation "nm" is released, and then throw those fuckers in mass graves! unlike GPUs they don't deserve a long life, do many coins in their entire life and live around the world inside crypto miners home..

SIEG HEIL! 
TheronB

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:53:22 PM

"The ZenCash development team, in collaboration with the community, reserves the right to review and change the decision to Hard Fork, especially if it is determined that changing the Equihash-144-5 algorithm will not be effective in promoting decentralization of mining."

Just put the anti-progress, racist GPU owners who are unwilling to adapt to changes in mining on your ignore list and embrace the future of ASICs and FPGAs.

racists? hell yeah!

send those ASICs to concentration camps near cheap source of electricity work their ass off until when the next generation "nm" is released, and then throw those fuckers in mass graves! unlike GPUs they don't deserve a long life, do many coins in their entire life and live around the world inside crypto miners home..

SIEG HEIL! 

I think to need to reread the thread, lol.  Blatant racism abound from certain users.

As for your post, couldn't those of us moving to FPGAs say the same thing about GPUs?  FPGAs can do much more work per watt and are more configurable than GPUs.

I don't understand why people with supposed experience in mining wouldn't be willing to adapt when necessary.
Ramon1

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:21:36 PM

Jihan is that you buddy?
TheronB

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

Jihan is that you buddy?

When posting something ignorant, at least try and be original.  You could learn something from arielbit.

Welcome to ignore list.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:29:17 PM

If there is ever a competing company to bitmain making similar ASICS, would that lighten all yall's hatred towards bitmain?

It just seems inevitable that eventually most POW coins will be dominated by some form of ASIC....

POS just makes more sense to me but I guess that is a separate debate.
TheronB

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

If there is ever a competing company to bitmain making similar ASICS, would that lighten all yall's hatred towards bitmain?

It just seems inevitable that eventually most POW coins will be dominated by some form of ASIC....

POS just makes more sense to me but I guess that is a separate debate.

They are just jealous of Bitmain's success or butt hurt when they lose GPU ROI or invest in an unprofitable model of ASIC.
You gotta know how to play each algo and adapt accordingly rather than whine like a petulant child.
whitebrow

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:52:15 PM

ZenCash

@RolfVersluis
Follow Follow @RolfVersluis
More
Replying to @640kilobyte @zencashofficial
95% of my miners are Bitmain ASIC miners.

4:02 AM - 10 May 2018

Go on, go to zencash, my z9s will be waiting there too.
Bamsed

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

ZEC will end if no change algro....
let's wait and see

If the PoW is changed, then more people and miners will support it.
TheronB

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:10:57 PM

ZEC will end if no change algro....
let's wait and see

If the PoW is changed, then more people and miners will support it.

With or without a PoW change, there will be more than enough miners.  Why risk a fork to appease GPU owners that only care about protecting their ROI?
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:12:37 PM

racists? hell yeah!

SIEG HEIL! 

I think to need to reread the thread, lol.  Blatant racism abound from certain users.

As for your post, couldn't those of us moving to FPGAs say the same thing about GPUs?  FPGAs can do much more work per watt and are more configurable than GPUs.

I don't understand why people with supposed experience in mining wouldn't be willing to adapt when necessary.

Nope, it's just that GPUs are not exploited to their full potential by the blockchain devs. a POW "GPU specific" blockchain could be developped, and no FPGA or ASIC would compete with.
whitebrow

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:23:57 PM

why go through all that trouble when theres something already purpose built for the task, ie FPGA ASIC.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:32:23 PM

Bitmain's 50 cent army trying to manipulate public opinion by using this forum.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:52:02 PM

why go through all that trouble when theres something already purpose built for the task, ie FPGA ASIC.

FPGA are the opposite of purpose built devices.

ASICs, due to their price, noise and power requirements are against decentralisation, decentralisation means almost anyone with a computer can mine.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:52:42 PM

seems like it. 
gameboy366

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:15:53 PM

FPGA are the opposite of purpose built devices.

ASICs, due to their price, noise and power requirements are against decentralisation, decentralisation means almost anyone with a computer can mine.
Very bad anti-asic comment.
TheronB

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:19:56 PM

seems like it. 

To rational people, it seems like GPU-only owners unwilling to adapt are the ones requesting and performing the manipulation.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:22:56 PM

And another Bitmain proxy shilling the grand illusion.  

Tell me, how are all of you with the L3 doing now?  Hmmmmmm?

Tell me, how are all of you with the S9 doing now?  Hmmmmmm?

Now you want the Z9; thinking it's the future of mining.  Ever heard of this thing that repeating the same thing over and over again while expecting different results equals this thing called, "INSANITY?"

I can tell you my s9s are still making millions. You and your lil shit GPU farm are nothing, yet you act like you are so great and your shit dont stink. My farm makes more in a week than you have in your entire career with crypto so stop talking like you are something special. You are just another deluded idiot that cant even offer a legit argument to support your wild ass claims.

You are so far up your own ass you cant look at anything objectively and your only response is to just call everyone Bitmain shills or insult their english skills. You are truly a toxic piece of shit, people like you are nothing but poison to the crypto community. There are 15 pages of people pointing out flaws in your arguments and you have done NOTHING to prove anything you say is true.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:21:39 PM

seems like it. 

To rational people, it seems like GPU-only owners unwilling to adapt are the ones requesting and performing the manipulation.

It's not about ASIC adoption.  It's about giving power, control to one giant.  I also support FPGA mining.
The issue is with the coin that took a stance on ASIC resistance and deviating from it.

There is also a $15k ASIC with 40k sols.  How many can afford it?  Now imagine in future that's the only one that's available.  Who would be able to afford those?

Profiting is the first priority for everyone but let's not give away the control to some corp.  Even GPU mining can lead to centralization but the likelihood of that happening is much lower than with ASICs.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:57:52 PM

i doubt ZEC will fork. They have so many altcoins and forks that is built on their algorithm and technology. If ZEC forks and the altcoins want to keep their tech, they also need to fork. Its so much god damn work, and in their eyes they think ASICs are decentralized.
gameboy366

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:08:57 PM

seems like it. 

It's not about ASIC adoption.  It's about giving power, control to one giant.  I also support FPGA mining.
The issue is with the coin that took a stance on ASIC resistance and deviating from it.

There is also a $15k ASIC with 40k sols.  How many can afford it?  Now imagine in future that's the only one that's available.  Who would be able to afford those?

Profiting is the first priority for everyone but let's not give away the control to some corp.  Even GPU mining can lead to centralization but the likelihood of that happening is much lower than with ASICs.
Flawed argument. If a coin is only gpu mineable, then you can say same thing that not many can afford $15000 worth gpus. You get what you pay. You pay more you get more. It's simple math. I am gpu mining supporter but that doesn't mean I will support your flawed arguments but I will support any comment (even pro-asic) if it is rational and objective. Seriously some you guys are like religious nuts.
Also FPGAs will share the same fate as ASICs. They are also controlled by only a few corps. supplies are very limited, no retail availabilty and currently no hope for people living out of US/EURO region. Underground mining has been going on for more then year meanwhile still consumer availability of bitstreams is still uncertain. You are complaing about a $15000 ASIC but praising a $6000 FPGA.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: