Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions  (Read 104122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jasinlee (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:35:15 AM

I too am interested, will there be a point in which you will just be selling units outright, rather than taking preorders before the units go obsolete and you start producing the next model? I'm rather excited to see people prove me wrong about Scrypt Asics, however preorders rub me the wrong way, even from other companies that have proven themselves (KNC, Asicminer, etc)

Also, will all units be shipped from Germany?

Willing to offer me one early for review as a longtime community member?

Hehe, I also wouldn't be opposed, however I dont think I fit the same criteria as tacotime. I'm a lifelong member, but not a fellow dev.

Yes the lead engineer is in Germany so no biggie there. He will likely be doing the testing personally as he is a bit anal also. As for shipping obsolete units, we would need a competitor that is closing in on our speeds and able to keep up on future models for this to happen. To date I do not see any issues.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:36:52 AM

Yes the lead engineer is in Germany so no biggie there. He will likely be doing the testing personally as he is a bit anal also. As for shipping obsolete units, we would need a competitor that is closing in on our speeds and able to keep up on future models for this to happen. To date I do not see any issues.

Meh, I'm 0 for 3 buying hardware from outside of the US/Canada. I have every package mysteriously go missing through customs  Cry
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:39:53 AM

Meh, I'm 0 for 3 buying hardware from outside of the US/Canada. I have every package mysteriously go missing through customs  Cry

Yeah thats what I am told by my devs in other countries. Customs over there is evil.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:39:57 AM

The chances of someone even with the technical know how prefering to run and manage that many PCs will enjoy themselves in the process. They are not our target market anyway.

It seems your target market is the people who heard that they can make money from cryptocurrency and are ready to invest some cash in that hope but for some reason do not like noisy, hot and needing support hardware in their house/office. These people obviously have no idea whether they will make any profit, and they will probably not make any profit, but eventually their sacrifice will help build a better (priced) product. Every industry needs scapegoats.

But, again: you are not giving these miners to users to run in their own houses, and power from their own electricity bill. So therefore any talk about how much more power saving these are is moot.

By the way, winter is not really the best time to convince people they are better with less power consuming equipment. Some people here do heat their houses with the GPUs. Smiley

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
kernels10

Activity: 408

ded

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:46:55 AM

The chances of someone even with the technical know how prefering to run and manage that many PCs will enjoy themselves in the process. They are not our target market anyway.

It seems your target market is the people who heard that they can make money from cryptocurrency and are ready to invest some cash in that hope but for some reason do not like noisy, hot and needing support hardware in their house/office. These people obviously have no idea whether they will make any profit, and they will probably not make any profit, but eventually their sacrifice will help build a better (priced) product. Every industry needs scapegoats.

But, again: you are not giving these miners to users to run in their own houses, and power from their own electricity bill. So therefore any talk about how much more power saving these are is moot.

By the way, winter is not really the best time to convince people they are better with less power consuming equipment. Some people here do heat their houses with the GPUs. Smiley

lol I had to respond just because I actually do  Grin
sQueeZer

Activity: 312
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:47:22 AM

They have to protect their development + not offer reverse engineering.
I understand that.

But the argument of powersavings @ hosted mining is correct. Smiley
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:00:38 PM

You're not kidding. It has been -10C outside for days and I have yet to turn on my heat. You walk in and it's hot.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:44:21 PM

As I pointed out before, our prices may change, but you definitely wont be able to use these to heat your house.

OrkneyCoiner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:19:49 PM

You're not kidding. It has been -10C outside for days and I have yet to turn on my heat. You walk in and it's hot.

same here Cheesy we had to leave one window open all the time.
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:23:21 PM

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised once they see all the caveats related to our work that will be launched as time goes on. This industry has been lacking someone that cares about the coin community for a long time. We want to fix it.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:58:22 AM

@jasinlee, I'm interested. Reserve me a few MH worth please. I'm in to mine a different scrypt coin though.

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:03:20 PM

Our Cirrus architecture for the direct shares system.

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:00:25 PM

All services on the website will be similarly distributed to ensure security.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:30:58 PM

Sorry if this has already been covered, but does the $.90/KHs include hosting, or is that a separate fee?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:30:29 AM

How much of a time lag do you expect for someone ordering (early) to have their unit hashing at your location? I really like the hosted hashing idea, it gets things going faster - thank you!
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:32:22 AM

Due to us doing forced hosting initially, we will just charge for the electric rate that is in the area 0.09$ kwh. But each unit is using ~72 watts for 16 mhs, I dont know the exact percentages yet, but it will be tiny in the grand scheme of things.

I think less than 2% will be easily enough, likely even less.

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:34:21 AM

How much of a time lag do you expect for someone ordering (early) to have their unit hashing at your location? I really like the hosted hashing idea, it gets things going faster - thank you!

Once we receive the boards from assembly we will test them for a couple of days. As long as our engineers can keep up with them as they come off the line, it will be tested, then put to work.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:44:29 AM

lol I had to respond just because I actually do  Grin

Me too  Grin
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:46:23 AM

Due to us doing forced hosting initially, we will just charge for the electric rate that is in the area 0.09$ kwh. But each unit is using ~72 watts for 16 mhs, I dont know the exact percentages yet, but it will be tiny in the grand scheme of things.

I think less than 2% will be easily enough, likely even less.

OK, I'm in. Where do I sign-up  Grin
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:56:37 AM

Soon.... Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: