Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2265 times)
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

it is true crypto is currently unstable compared to gold, but crypto is more advantageous than gold although gold is not at risk and the price of gold is determined by the central bank
I cannot compare the cryptocurrency with gold. Gold is less volatile than the crypto but altcoins and Bitcoin can bring you more money when the market starts to grow again. Gold is simply more stable.
milah_ah

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

Yes, the meaning is in your words. But I do not equate crypto with gold. I equate it with cash.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:10:27 PM

We cannot say anything by comparing bitcoin and gold bro, As of now all the government or country not accepting the bitcoin as legal to use but gold been available and have worth on every country.
Once the world move towards to use the next generation coins that time you will see the bitcoin is accepted everywhere and you can able to make the flawless transaction with bitcoin even on banking side too.
Vidgenx

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:25:35 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

For now I think gold is more stable than crypto in its selling price. But, in the future all may not be the same anymore.
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:39:14 PM

No, crypto is the most volatile place, maybe higher than gold, so I think if you do not mind investing in crypto is the best and if you want to be safe then invest in gold. That would be better for you.

bitmanRodger

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:06:52 PM

Crypto market is very thin, when it becomes more liquid, volatility will decrease
Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:03:17 PM

I think that comparing cryptoccurencies with gold is not correct. The crypt is clearly not in the best condition now, because the market is not stable.
#bromocorah

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:48:39 PM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
Yes, when crypto like Bitcoin has really become a currency, then it will not be an interesting thing anymore and maybe the fluctuations will be equivalent to USD.
azzag0000

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:30:03 PM

The main thing that makes crypto so easy to change in my opinion is still the fact that it's relatively new, and the market is not as famous as the gold market. Probably because the gold price is stable thoroughly, so many people want to invest. In contrast, crypto prices are sometimes unstable and unpredictable, and this is an acceptable reason why people would rather invest in gold.
Cassy14

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:46:00 PM

What do you guys think?

this can't be happening.
crypto will be more volatile than gold.
but the price of the token will have much value than gold. (some)
but i am sure that it will lessen the manipulation of gold in the market.
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:57:05 PM

The cryptocurrency is not yet fully regulated, and any whale can control it, but gold is stored in central banks around the world as a strategic reserve, and no whale can hold a lot of gold.
And you can't carry gold to other countries at will, because it may be suspected of smuggling gold, but cryptocurrency, you can freely send it to any corner of the world.
Therefore, the price of gold is so stable because it is strictly regulated by all countries in the world,but crypto not.

pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Traders like volatility but investors hate volatility. Actually gold is a very volatile asset but it is not so incredibly volatile like crude oil. I tried to find similarity between BTC and gold but I was failed I could not. I think that BTC is more volatile than gold but BTC is easier on trading.
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 07:38:09 PM

i cant imaginate that crypto can be less volatile than gold ) I never seen before fast raising of gold or fast falling ) But crypto can make you reach or poor in just a few days, hour's or even minutes. Maybe my knowledge of historical price is bad, but i see current cryptocurrency charts.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:42:45 PM

Gold is a precious stone, a thing. It can be kept in hands, stored, handed down from generation to generation. And crypto is nothing, it's just numbers, now it's there, and tomorrow it's not known what will happen. Therefore, crypto and gold can not be compared, they are completely different assets. In my opinion.
kayakcrypto9875

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:50:08 PM

Cryptocurrency is a new thing to our economic culture. Gold is a primitive medium of exchange. So you have give some time to cryptocurrency. Surely it will be less volatile when public will adopt this new culture.
jokowo

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:58:16 AM

What do you guys think?

It's too early to say crypto is unstable compared to gold, and I would not compare crypto vs gold, where gold was born earlier than the newly born crypto. Very unfair if we think so.
zDNkfr9

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:27:33 AM

Yes, gold can be used as money, and in any country in the world, cryptocurrency is not enough, and encryption is now a virtual existence. And encryption is not recognized by the state.
Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:34:42 AM

Yes, of course, it is a good idea. with can be used as a medium of the transaction could certainly crypto to press into more stable than what exists now. but it is not easy because of a large number of still policy that prohibits many things about crypto or used as a means of payment. This is enough to make crypto still in conditions of very large fluctuations until today.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:55:00 AM

I don't think that willa happen, gold is a store of value that has been used for a long time and crypto is still new so there's still a lot of speculation about it. Also gold is controlled by government so the price is stable. Right now crypto adoption is still small and people only use it for speculation purpose.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
joesastro

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:20:42 AM

I think, Crypto is very unstable and there is no comparison between gold and cryptocurrency because gold can be traded everywhere but we have very less trading options for cryptocurrency and can not be traded physically and More and more people are using and trade, the less one person or event can cause volatility.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: