Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2259 times)
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:00:10 PM

Indeed the gold price, if compared to crypto, is the more stable gold price. But in my opinion, it is very different with crypto. Prices are rising when crypto is certainly very high and can earn a lot of money. But if the gold price rises would not necessarily produce a lot of money.
That's the difference, at least people get faster profits by investing in crypto rather than gold and also the increase of crypto in price is not just a little, but it is possible to rise many times quickly. Even though, gold looks slower but is safer to invest than crypto.
robertsu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:40:24 AM

Usually a cryptocurrency doesn't compare, only bitcoin. Some cryptocurrency are connected with certain companies and products. When talking about stability Bitcoin, It will not be soon.
campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:53:11 AM

Yes I've seen the price in the trading market crypto. Gold is more stable in price movements, crypto has very rapid price movement in the market, this makes our new gymnastics will definitely be the heart.

Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:37:50 AM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

Its different market between cryptomarket and gold/commodities market. Commodity market are regulated market and its old market. Cryptomarket still new market and not many country in the world regulate this market. Market always volatile including in commodities market
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

Usually a cryptocurrency doesn't compare, only bitcoin. Some cryptocurrency are connected with certain companies and products. When talking about stability Bitcoin, It will not be soon.

That's possible that bitcoin can be less volatile than gold in sooner time, and as price will continue to gain at good price then we'll have to experience the great change. With gold's pricing, I guess it's too long to wait for the price to increase because gold was a physical asset compared with cryptocurrency.
airdropcoin

Activity: 442

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:33:29 AM

The cryptocurrency will never be as stable as gold, because gold is a central currency, its price is regulated by various countries, and cryptocurrency requires more people’s consensus.

tamango

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:52:39 PM

crypto can be everything for example there are some crypto that are pegged to $ value like USDT so a crypto pegged for example to Gold will have same value and fluctuation of gold.
trobbert

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:54:10 PM

Yes, it can be less volatile , but after increase like 20-50x, when crypto will take higher place and higher market cap.
Currently gold capitalisation is higher, so it is less volatile in % ratio
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:05:19 PM

Right now it's definitely much more volatile than gold, it's not even a close comparison. Personally, I think that is the reason why people actually invest in cryptocurrency, they don't want to invest in something that only gains a few percentage points points as in comparison to BTC the gains are just terrible.
kent47400

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:08:17 AM

I think cryptocurrency will continue to be volatile at any time because the nature of cryptocurrency is not centralized.
if it is centralized like Gold and Fiat it is definitely stable, because FIAT and Gold are created to be stable.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:15:06 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 01:59:03 PM by ThunderCatSteve

I think cryptocurrency will continue to be volatile at any time because the nature of cryptocurrency is not centralized.
if it is centralized like Gold and Fiat it is definitely stable, because FIAT and Gold are created to be stable.

manuelgar

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

I think there will be a few more years of industry development before that. We are at the initial stage of development of the industry, capitalization is still very small now. Volatility may decrease in 5 years. But it's not exactly.

starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:37:47 PM

Most likely, if the market begins to regulate, but then most likely the currency will lose its attractiveness!
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

No, I think that volatility in crypto-currencies will continue to be very large, because it is not gold. BTC is better than gold, because it has an application, and why does gold have value? Because gold is limited in volume.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

I don't think of it because since i ever know about gold's worth and value, i seldom heard that its market value has dropped or rose in a continuous manner. Unlike cryptocurrency, the price that you have known for a certain crypto will not be the same in the next couple of minutes.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
doctordidi

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:11:29 PM

if we compare crypto to gold, I think gold is easier to predict than crypto, old gold - darkness will run out in human mines, and the price of srm is increasing, whereas crypto we cannot predict, but crypto has good technology, namely blokchain, therefore many people are interested in crypto.
baienpee

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:25:48 PM

This is only temporary, the cryptocurrency is growing wildly, and the future cryptocurrency will definitely surpass the value of gold.
HSRP

Activity: 392

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

If you say crypto is less volatile than gold, I always bet on this issue, since the current e-money market is constantly falling and we are extremely worried if they collapse, now the price of coins goes down. down too low. Can not get up

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Caelanpelley

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:32:25 PM

You say the crypto world is less volatile than gold. That's really a big mistake. The crypto market is constantly changing and changing rapidly, making it impossible to regulate its investment. And gold is different. Gold fluctuates less and if there is no price compared to electronic money.
Ronyx

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

I don't think, gold is more stable and crypto will never be stable because the crypto movement depends on market changes, demand and supply will make crypto keep changing its value.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: