Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2265 times)
SaveOurSea

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:38:02 PM

You say the crypto world is less volatile than gold. That's really a big mistake. The crypto market is constantly changing and changing rapidly, making it impossible to regulate its investment. And gold is different. Gold fluctuates less and if there is no price compared to electronic money.
I agree with what you say, because cryptocurrency is very different and very quickly changes in volume in the market, for gold influenced by mining sources and also the available stock makes the price difficult to move drastically like cryptocurrency which is easy to change at any time.

25espia1994

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

as you are new to cryptocurrency you must always be careful not to lose money and become a victim of a scam. and you should also know the trading strategy for more money to be received and should always be in the market for you to know when to invest.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:41:53 PM

Maybe in a distant future, but definitely not in a near one. Unless you want to invest in a safe stable coin like TrueUSD. But again, the blockchain industry is so young that to expect any certainty, safety, stability, non-volatility in the short or middle term is utopian thinking, like it or not.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Goverments control gold price and they wouldn't let to speculation. BTC is not controlled by a group and it can't be more stable than gold. Compared to gold, there are also so many differences in supply and demand.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:55:07 PM

For the moment not, I have always said that if we want to have something similar to a mass adoption and not remain something relatively niche, the value of cryptos or at least bitcoin has to be normalized much more, at least this week has remained between $ 6200 and 6700 is a good progress but probably not enough.

Bitcoin to the moon
akunta

Activity: 196

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:09:28 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
the idea is fascinating. it is natural that it can become more stable in case daily basis trading is involved. but let's not to forget crypto is a closed subject for those who don't understand internet at least

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:46:17 PM

Cryptocurrencies are volatile because of the small size of the market. I also think when it goes like  x 10 it will become more stable. Enjoy the volatility until that  and make profit by trading.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

Price of the bitcoin and other cryptos changes very often that we can not really imagine or expect to change on a particular day.
Gold is very very old and much more stable than any other cryptocurrency and to become the bitcoin as stable as gold should pass many years or many many decades.
The bitcoin may seems stable now for the past months but still it is not as stable as gold because anytime we can see any crash or any pump of the price.
Mas Ustad

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:37:41 PM

I don't think, gold is more stable and crypto will never be stable because the crypto movement depends on market changes, demand and supply will make crypto keep changing its value.
If I were just the opposite of gan for indeed in the last few months the price of gold is indeed quite can count on gan but when current crypto duani also still not stable many coin that has not been the listings also gan

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
aircrusan

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:40:02 PM

I believe that the potential of cryptocurrency is much greater than the yellow metal. But this potential needs to be properly developed. In the meantime, gold looks more profitable.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:08:15 PM

it can be happen when BTC passes $100000+. because when its value is bigger. then the percentage of up or down will be lower. currently we can see 10% increase or decrease normally. but after btc reaches huge value and be stable there then we will see 1% to 3% price changes most of time.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:12:03 PM

It is difficult to say because today there is not and there will not be accurate information on how the situation with cryptocurrencies will develop in the world, because in some countries cryptocurrencies are normally accepted in others, everything is very sad
sherenikaw

Activity: 630

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:17:23 PM

The two are very promising and profitable things for investment. However, so far, crypto is more volatile than gold. Although the percentage is different, they are worthy to invest. If thinking about which will be more or less volatile, I myself cannot predict it exactly. They are growing and also changing.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
garciacarral

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:26:14 PM

I think it's kinda possible but not in the near future. Crypto have to settle down in lifes of people and maybe then it could be less volatile than gold.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

No, cryptocurrency can't be less volatile than gold. How could a decentralized digital coins be less volatile? There is no way because these coins are not controlled by a single entity or group. The decentralized nature of cryprocurrency is actually the one responsible for making these coins highly volatile. The prices may change drastically in either way. Unlike golds are controlled by centralized systems.
toolsydas

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:31:54 PM

I think that it can become true after 30-50 years when everyone will use cryptocurrency or hold it like gold savings. But in near future, it will not happen, but we can still get rich by using this volatility in trading.
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

Goverments control gold price and they wouldn't let to speculation. BTC is not controlled by a group and it can't be more stable than gold. Compared to gold, there are also so many differences in supply and demand.

That's correct people will rather prefer cryptocurrency than gold. I have mentioned on many occasions that popularity makes a product or stuff more and more popular. Gold will be very stable as it goes up and down in a very rare instance. Crypto will give you a good return with good profit.
gulshan1

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 05:59:45 PM

Volatility is the major part of every field investment either it is commodity market or crypto market because up and down is necessary for earning. But it is not clear that crypto is less volatile than gold because gold up and down are very low and it is running from so many years. Is show that gold is less volatile.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Insert_

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:14:31 PM

To some extent, I agree with you,but we must take into account that gold has long sought the position in which it is now, and I think that kipto needs much more time.
CaMeRoNy

Merit: 103

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:12:03 PM

Of all the cryptocurrencies I could compare with gold only Bitcoin and then, gold is stability, and cryptocurrencies can not relate to something stable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: