Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2259 times)
Leenwar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:14:05 AM

Stock investors love the volatility. Else they would not have invested in stock but in stable asset like currency or precious metals. But btc has been less volatile than many assets lately.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teal Deer

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:20:45 AM

At the moment, gold has an undeniable advantage – it is the trust of the public. Here it is necessary to understand that a sharp lack of public trust, technical failures or radical regulatory measures can push the cryptocurrency into the background.

Again, people trust gold, because as a tool of value storage and exchange, this asset is already a huge amount of time than cryptocurrencies can not boast. Gold has always remained valuable, even when there were attempts by the leadership of various countries to put everything in a different direction.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:22:01 AM

I do not think that it is a possible scenario for the crypto space. Maybe, in 10 years the market will become less volatile, but volatility is a great instrument of earning money. There won't be so much interest from people if the market will become less volatile.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

i dont think so. because compared to gold, cryptocurrencies are more available, liquid and easy to buy and sell and that means the market is more open than gold meaning more people are welcome to trade.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
hungsanh2512

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:52:36 PM

In my opinion, the crypto market is a place of constant volatility and will certainly be over gold. The crypto market is not regulated as the government holds gold and stabilizes the economy of the country.
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

The stability that BTC demonstrates today I simply cannot call normal, because today the market is completely manipulated by bots, you also need to understand this, because before that there simply wasn’t.
mightwalker

Activity: 266
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 04:18:03 PM

It can be stable only if it's popular and used by a large of world's population.

imusify.com ❰        Award winning blockchain music platform        ❱ imusify.com
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:27:59 PM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
  I think the nature of the crypto is the same with gold, but there is a different thing that humans can do to crypto and gold is not. So in the future, I think people will use crypto to trade more than anything else. In fact, it is very difficult to imagine how the economy will play out, but I believe the crypto will be favored.
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 04:36:52 PM

Until it will be recognized by a large different entities all around world and accepted by all countries or most countries governments, and part of daily normal public transactions, it cannot be compared to gold in terms of volatility.  It is far away as of now to gold volatility rate.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
NikkiS

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:04:28 PM

In my opinion, the crypto market is a place of constant volatility and will certainly be over gold. The crypto market is not regulated as the government holds gold and stabilizes the economy of the country.
Cryptocurrency stability is possible only if all countries agree with it and make it the official possible currency, but until then  will be market volatility.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 05:25:40 PM

What do you guys think?
  I think the nature of the crypto is the same with gold, but there is a different thing that humans can do to crypto and gold is not. So in the future, I think people will use crypto to trade more than anything else. In fact, it is very difficult to imagine how the economy will play out, but I believe the crypto will be favored.
The nature of crypto currency market is definitely not the same as gold buddy because crypto are use as medium of payment/exchange, decentralized and highly volatility while gold is a federal reserve and centralized.

micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:30:18 PM

What do you guys think?

I think it will take too long for this. This is possible. But look, gold as a means of payment has been used for centuries. So far, such a cryptocurrency can not offer. Perhaps in 100 years.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:30:41 PM

The truth is that I doubt it, although the price of gold has also tried to be manipulated in the past the golden whales always ends up going wrong because of the limited amount of the asset, you can say that bitcoin is similar, but there are a number of alts almost infinite, of course, counting that very few of those are worth at the end of the day, but they are still enough to destabilize the price.

bhordz357

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

RealtyReturns

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:33:17 PM

What do you guys think?

So far crypto still a lot of adjustment to be done in terms of volatility compare to gold. Because gold sometimes goes down but not that big margin from last value. Unlike cryptocurrency with in a week it can reach to 30-50% value fluctuation. Maybe in the future if it happens when crypto become the main form of payment in all goods and services.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
Mhd-Bobbi

Merit: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:47:30 PM

What do you guys think?
One day maybe gold is superior in the future, and they prefer to shop with gold, and maybe they will also make payments between gold and gold, but only my mind.
roxasyolanda

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:51:19 PM

What do you guys think?

You know why people were into cryptocurrency? its because of its volatility, the value of it changes in just a second and if crypto.becomes kinda stable like the stock market then that might be the end of crypto.
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:03:09 PM

Crypto is a large market which is interesting for traders primarily because of its volatility. Honestly, it's hard for me to imagine that someday cryptocurrencies will become less volatile than gold, this will mean that the crypto has become something really important to people all over the world.

Anish02

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:06:50 AM

I think crypto has more volatile than gold. Gold has stable in the sense of volatility. Crypto can  recognized by its volatility.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:22:27 PM

At the moment, gold has an undeniable advantage – it is the trust of the public. Here it is necessary to understand that a sharp lack of public trust, technical failures or radical regulatory measures can push the cryptocurrency into the background.
Again, people trust gold, because as a tool of value storage and exchange, this asset is already a huge amount of time than cryptocurrencies can not boast. Gold has always remained valuable, even when there were attempts by the leadership of various countries to put everything in a different direction.

Bitcoin is a gold of the cryptocurrency market. You can certainly compare this with real gold, but I am sure they will never replace each other. These are completely different spheres and you cannot put them together.
Orenonex

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:44:28 PM

I think it can. For this need a lot of investors. And when the cryptocurrency becomes decentralized then volatility will decrease.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: