Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:43:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2259 times)
chabapok

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:32:43 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

I think that seems impossible for me. Yes many people comparing crypto to gold because cryptos have limited supply and need to be mined but too many people invested in cryptocurrencies because market is very volatile and it seems like attractive for investors. So i think volatility is the most important thing in crypto market. If it will end in the future crypto will be less popular. But surely it can be for coins which have big marketcap.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:41:22 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 01:17:54 AM by triciaa478

I think gold is more stable than crypto. The price of gold in the five year period is quite stable and hang around a particular price range. Unlike crypto like Bktcoins or Ether which within the same five year period has seen a volatile price swing from high to low or vice versa .
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

Feature of cryptocurrency in high volatility and yet what to take from it all that is possible. I don't think low volatility is what we really need at the moment. And gold do not need to compare
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:59:36 AM

Now, it’s probably not necessary to talk about it at all, because in general, cryptocurrency is probably the very sector of the market that is not predictable today, since it is manipulated by very rich people who have already managed to buy a lot of BTC
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:03:33 AM

Now, it’s probably not necessary to talk about it at all, because in general, cryptocurrency is probably the very sector of the market that is not predictable today, since it is manipulated by very rich people who have already managed to buy a lot of BTC
I fully agree with you and I want to add that I work in the field of cryptocurrency business cannot be sure of anything at all. But I want to say that the Chinese government is doing the right thing when it starts buying all precious metals with the help of cryptocurrency.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:05:46 AM

Without the participation of the regulator to reduce volatility will be very difficult, at any time a big player can affect the market.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
MelodyCrypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 11:23:25 AM

Without the participation of the regulator to reduce volatility will be very difficult, at any time a big player can affect the market.
yes I agree with you, Fiat and Gold prices can be stable and have low volatility because there are regulators who protect them so to reduce the volatility in cryptocurrency it seems very impossible considering more liquid and decentralized
nemesio

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:29:00 AM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

It seems to me that this can only happen after a while. This is a very complex process and it needs at least some stability, which the crypto-currency market can not exactly boast of
bitbabba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:30:24 AM

What do you guys think?

It seems to me that this can only happen after a while. This is a very complex process and it needs at least some stability, which the crypto-currency market can not exactly boast of

You can't say this for cryptocurrency, maybe one of those cryptos (ripple, ethereum, bitcoin etc.) can be used for grocery shopping in the near future but not all cryptos can do that.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Hc01

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:39:12 AM

What do you guys think?
Crypto world is just new market, but gold has existed for a long time so it has lost it's volatility. After 5-10 years we can see more stable market for crypto when something can be controlled and big whales can not speculate, then we can see less volatility.
Fedots83

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 09:03:08 AM

What do you guys think?

Some coins may be stable, but most of prices are formed by demand and supply, so it is not like for crypto to become much more stable than gold.
Barbatos

Activity: 272
Merit: 11

www.becent.com

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 09:11:04 AM

What do you guys think?

Not all tokens are volatile. For example, XRP and LTC are much more stable than gold, but still they are not pretty widespread. I hope for situation to change.

siequelahe

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:23:49 AM

Just Hodl, friends
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

I don't think that crypto will ever be stable. And it is not supposed to be stable. If you want a stable asset, then you should invest in bullion coins or treasury bonds. Crypto will not serve that purpose.
memFISTO

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:49:14 AM

What do you guys think?

Gold is not so volatile, but it is clear that amount of gold is limited. We cannot say the same thing about cryptocurrency market and this is the main reason of volatility.
wareck

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:26:47 AM

What do you guys think?

I'm not exactly sure about that. It seems to me that if cryptocurrencies are less volatile than gold, then we will not need them as much as now and therefore cease to earn
TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

There are coins that are backed by gold and most of them are prety stable. You may find more info on the web, but my point should be clear.
Uguande

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:01:43 PM

Feature of cryptocurrency in high volatility and yet what to take from it all that is possible. I don't think low volatility is what we really need at the moment. And gold do not need to compare
Yes, high volatility - is main feature of the cryptocurrency. And there are many opportunities to earn money because of that. On the other hand, this volatility is too high, so many people just afraid to invest
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

Using common sense, this is not a short-term, easy thing to achieve!
Because, Gold price is mostly controlled by Central Banks, not just the adoption thing.

Plus, we can make Crypto price stable if we just Back it up with precious metals price, like gold.
If you analyse the fiat currency price, you'll notice its measurable by Gold too. So, in order to resolve the Volatility issue, we have to use Tokenized precious metals.

Gigzi current ICO project will make this possible and more effective, using a unique decentralized business model: https://gigzi.com

Alexeu00011

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:07:27 AM

What do you guys think?

It seems to me that the best situation, which was about a year ago. Then we made a lot of money and it was cool. But now I do not see this, as the volatility has fallen at times. This is a bad thing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: