Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin BANNED in bolivia  (Read 757 times)
jasonhart

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:44:08 PM

I think the news is pretty old. Bolivia Central Bank has banned bitcoin back in 2014. But as of current situation of bitcoin I hope they will rethink their opinion and will take some positive initiative.  Shocked
rogerjordan07

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:06:44 PM

As I can remember, that is a very old news.  There are many countries where cryptocurrency is banned from using.  Bolivia is one of them.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:40:38 PM

It is true and most countries have declared like a bolivia, and they think all should be with the government's permission, but I do not think they can stop the development of bitcoin.
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

I heard this news before. Bolivia banned bitcoin because they think bitcoin is a illegal currency because it is not controlled by government or central bank. It’s not a good news for crypto market.
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:46:48 AM

I never heard of that country. this not affect the situation because Bolivia is only one of the small country in the world not having so many investor with them, they will be forgotten anyway.

babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:08:20 PM

this news has not been spread long, maybe you just know too late. any country that forbids bitcoin has the right of the bag for the reason that they have
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:12:54 PM

This news was about month ago i think.
And i read a news about it that the bolivia government doubts bitcoin and think bitcoin as an illegal currency so they decided to ban it.
This may affect the bitcoin price. Hmmmmm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:14:59 PM

BOLIVIA

the central bank of bolivia,el banco central de bolivia said in a statement:

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

This is the first time I have ever heard of this news but as I read down, I learned that this news is very old. Central banks are always against cryptocurrencies since they are mainly connected to the government. Thanks for sharing this news by the way and I think this might not affect bitcoin at all. It is because all I am caring about is the price of bitcoin and the time that it will reach 15000 USD.  Roll Eyes
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 12:21:54 PM

I know Bolivia but I never thought that they are a player in the cryptocurrency, but anyway it will not hard the industry or will it have an effect on the price of Bitcoin, compare to China and India where their people and some companies are very much involved in the cryptocurrency.

Bugcoin5

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:32:37 PM

BOLIVIA

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

I guess the central bank of bolivia is not comfortable to works with bitcoin.The real treat is losing power to print money.Specially in a country where the vast majority are very poor.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:41:33 PM

oh no... game over then

therealgeeking

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:42:46 PM

this is going to happen more and more
Khalp1

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:03:34 PM

BOLIVIA

I think they use for illegal activities.I hope Bolivia will revert its decision in the future as bitcoin continues to prosper in the rest of the world."
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:09:54 PM

well, its an old news but really sad for Bolivian bitcoin lovers.
Jimbo Abu

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

(┛❍ᴥ❍)┛彡Axi

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:10:34 PM

we can not blame if it's going to ban it overseas because everyone does not like bitcoin but we do not want to be discouraged because it's important we know it's true and it helps us to let them know what the importance here is that we earn and here we are rich because bitcoin is not a scam.

/Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple /
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

Yes it is a very old news and if I remember it correct it was done last 2014. I dont know why the author posted this topic possibly he have its own reasons why. Anyway to refresh us with this topic last May 2014, the declaration was made by the government including the central bank of bolivia to ban bitcoin and cryptocurrency since it is not controlled by the government. The problem is the other countries on South America such a Brazil and Argentina were permissive to cryptocurrency. If we look at it it was only Bolivia among all the countries who banned bitcoin and the rest were permissive.

I guess we should already lock this topic since it is very old.
And its nonsense too,since bolivia is small and troubled country..
Even if they banned crypto it will not effect the market so nothing to be worry

And regarding to being post again since this was happend four years ago,maybe OP had something to explain here..or better lock this thread so posting will stop
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:34:05 PM

Since this news is too old, I'm more interested in the question whether the citizens of Bolivia, as well as other countries where crypto-alaith is banned, are being used bypassing the government's prohibition. On this forum, I only once met mention that in his country only for talking about the crypto currency can be put in jail. However, the country was not indicated and how this prohibition is dispensed with and whether the use of crypto-currency is circumvented by a massive ban on the government. This will be a good experience for decentralized Crypto currency and for us. Can anybody share this information?
Itha_

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:34:25 PM

BOLIVIA

The official Bitcoin ban policy was launched on May 6, 2014. But there is no clear reason why not allow the use of Bitcoin.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:03:23 PM

This is again one of the same fake news repeated again and again. There is a big difference from considering non legal a currency and to ban it. Of course any country would consider legal only the currency it is issuing itself. But this does not mean you are not allowed to own other currencies.
crazybtclover

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:27:09 PM

This is a 4 years old news bro! Where were you these day? However, bitcoin is being legalised in many countries and the number is increasing day by day. So, I think one day will come that every countries will adopt bitcoin to deal with it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: