Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets  (Read 1636 times)
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:16:42 PM

With bitcoin's market capitalization that big, i believe that whales do have big share on them so if some of these whales will move their bitcoin, then it can surely affect the cryptomarket as bitcoin's market value will also fluctuates.
We are just in the reality of crypto, of course whales have a huge capability of doing that since they have invested more than of us. And besides, we don't have any laws to stop them, is that their strategies anyway and they are just playing their money. But not all it matters to them, prices will fluctuate also anytime even without them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jblittle00

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

I couldn't agree more and was just having this same conversation with someone yesterday. These lulls create a nice little opportunity for the "whales" to buy, and it's pretty much the only control they have. I mean it's really the first time they have no control over what's happening economically and digitally, so they only thing that can do is sprinkle in a little fear.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:32:02 PM

With bitcoin's market capitalization that big, i believe that whales do have big share on them so if some of these whales will move their bitcoin, then it can surely affect the cryptomarket as bitcoin's market value will also fluctuates.
We are just in the reality of crypto, of course whales have a huge capability of doing that since they have invested more than of us. And besides, we don't have any laws to stop them, is that their strategies anyway and they are just playing their money. But not all it matters to them, prices will fluctuate also anytime even without them.
We can stop them in a way that we do not sell our coins when they start to sell in order to make us to sell our own. They sell only because they know that some small investors will afraid and they will also sell when the price becomes lower so they get some more coins at lower price. If we will not sell then their trick will fail and they will not sell again to decline the market.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:31:46 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
No they can't manipulate the market 24 hrs. I think the market react depends on being in demand of it if many people invest on bitcoin so the market would increase their market cap and it is the reason of increasing the value for evey coin.
OP didnt mentioned that manipulating happens for the whole 24 hours instead he says market manipulation in which i believe thats happening nowadays,look at the prices specially bitcoin,when time this coin starts to break the whole number of price then it will suddenly drops a big value so now tell me wasnt manipulating happening?

I couldn't agree more and was just having this same conversation with someone yesterday. These lulls create a nice little opportunity for the "whales" to buy, and it's pretty much the only control they have. I mean it's really the first time they have no control over what's happening economically and digitally, so they only thing that can do is sprinkle in a little fear.
Well said thats why this kind of topic must be spread all over this forum for those manipulators to be alarmed that people now here are aware of what has their doing
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:42:21 AM

it's possible to happen, because we do not know the brain of investors or whales. so good to do is to be wet when we are in good condition. the number if it reads in furom This is it's possible ..
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:47:56 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
I think thats what actually happening now. Cryptocurrencies market are manipulated by cryptocurrency whales. Those whales are powerful. Every move are powerful so you must know how to go with the flow cause if you are not? You will lost. Your crypto will lose. You will be defeated.
BinManR

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:11:28 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down .
There is a reason to think so, but I think it should be familiar with that. In fact, the process of falling down can be seen when the market capitalization is drawn very quickly. That just shows me that decentralized supply is a trait that produces volatility and profits that are being exploited thoroughly by the pump / dump processes.
My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
I think it's like the process before Mtgox (G20), the market capitalization has fallen so fast afterwards. But right now, the market is fluctuating again. I believe in the positive of the coming market. BTC will reach over 10k, ETH will reach 1k in this next fluctuation.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:52:53 AM

Hi guys ,
Yes i am sure that whales are the manipulators in cryptocurrency because they have a money to control it even if they want to pump it or dump it becauase whales gets a lot of money than smal amount of investments becuase they have  a power to play all money.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:29:10 AM

Of course it is a whales job to manipulate market with its marketing and fiat power. To maximize their earnings, the manipulate the market in every way.
No doubt these are the whales that affect the price of bitcoin. They hold a huge quantity of bitcoin and when they realize that now the price is high they sell their bitcoin and when there is big supply in the market the price down and small investors lose their money. again and they buy bitcoin again, and when they buy all the available stock the price bump at once
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:22:46 AM

A big possibility. But please bear in mind that we have just entered the second quarter and pumps are attesting to take place. We still have two remaining quarters to fully appreciate the true value of bitcoin. Some have speculated the value to be between 30k to 60k in dollars by the end of the year. Yes, we can also do speculate that whales maybe controlling the price for this phase, considering that they can do whatever they want because they have the most holdings.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:33:06 AM

There is no doubt they do it. They manipulate it using their financial power. Dump to buy more pump to sell in higher price. It is quite normal that they want to earn more so they do it.

turn the page
bitcoindian

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:35:25 AM

Hi guys ,
I think thats what actually happening now. Cryptocurrencies market are manipulated by cryptocurrency whales. Those whales are powerful. Every move are powerful so you must know how to go with the flow cause if you are not? You will lost. Your crypto will lose. You will be defeated.

Yes, we have to be very careful with these whales because they can easily manipulate the market within seconds. So, i suggest small investors not to do day trading because this might effect hugely when whales enter the market.
Btcschool

Activity: 488
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:55:17 AM

my point is did you notice that this time bitcoin hovered around the 10k mark more than usual ... i think there was a fud  going on where whales were testing the market before dropping shit loads ... i thought they were playing reverse pschology game but them it turned out the market crashed again

Only whales can manipulate the market, because they have big influence in crypto world. The price up and down due to their manipulations. I think these whales are the only investors who never lose in cryptocurrency, because they know the upcoming situation of the values of different coins. They manipulate with the controllers of bitcoin and the price as well.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:33:32 PM

While i think that there is a high probability of whales manipulating the market, because (1) they have the power to do so and (2) it makes them even richer, i don't think each small pump or dump is related to them.

I can't imagine those 'whales' do have nothing better to do than manipulating the market 24/7.
There may be coordinated pumps or dump (which can be achieved with a relatively small amount of money in this market), but not every price movement is because of whales.
Shitty news, FUD, trust does play a big role too.
Yeah, there are other things that could affect the market, but one thing I have noticed in my year of trading is that if whales just do not want the market to move further in any direction, they simply know how to do it. I have been a whale in a small crypto market and I was able to play to make some profit.

Most times, when you have the resources to pull it off, you will always know when to accumulate at the dip enough, make the price break some resistance, of course, traders will bounce in depending on how that market is perceived, the price starts moving up, and as it keeps going, you keep pushing up to the price you want and then voila, you start distributing the sell off until you are satisfied and then drive it down to the next support over and over again. That is how whale cycle operates, but news always has a big part to play as well.
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:44:05 PM

I think so, I believe that there are whales out there trying to control the market to be able to gain more, these rich businessmen are very wise and strategic, they will do anything and everything on their powers to be able to gain more out of this Bitcoin craze, this is such a big opportunity to earn more just to let it pass. I am quite sure that most of them are here not because they believe in Bitcoin and its technology but because they saw the potential and the opportunity to earn from it.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:45:09 PM

Hi guys ,
Yes! Whales can manipulate the markets! Whales are so powerful that they can control and change the price of the cryptocurrencies. If you will observe the cryptocurrency market, you will see pumps and dumps and I know that whales are the people behind of pumps and dumps.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

Hi guys ,

Yes, I am sure the whales do it. They have 99% of Bitcoins and the majority of altcoins, and they can do it easily. However, you can watch this video and make your own conclusions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSRiBUKWE&t=5s
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:13:43 PM

Hi guys ,

Well, a lot of people really has been talking about this claim and I cannot blame them nor say that it isn't true since if you have money you can really do a ton of things if you wished to. But I honestly think that whales have a little role in the price of bitcoins nor do they manipulate the market or if it is on purpose because there clearly are quite a lot of people that use cryptos which in my opinion if a fud is spread by a person, it can cause a chain reaction that can lead to dips.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

Probably you are correct that whales are selling at 10k mark, but if you think about it, everybody is thinking the same. Everybody is waiting for the highest peak for now to sell then buy at the lowest price, it is the fastest way to earn a fortune in bitcoin. But to think that whales are manipulating it every time is a no for me. Whales are whales because they have money, they have other businesses to take care of too and they don't have the time to watch the market most of the time. We the people are manipulating the market no just the whales.
It is normal for everybody to think the same way, but have you not seen people thinking the same way before and then things not going as planned ?

Whales know what they are doing, they read emotions in the market, and they know when to distribute buying and selling and how to move the market. Traders are there trying to play their cards safely, but the main fact here is that the whales make the call and there is absolutely nothing we can all do about it. One reason they call them the market movers or makers.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:51:01 PM

Yes, that's the open secret that big whales and institutional investors are manipulating the market and that's not because they have money but there is lack of awareness among the users and investors and even a small dip of 10% creates the panic selling environment in the market as per the expectations of the big whales and they buy during that dip and again push the price upwards which again creates panic buying situation. However, I believe that we will see high maturity from the investors in the coming years which will reduce the volatility of the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: