Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50036 times)
Tripmode

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 08:38:19 PM

Big thanks to both WTParker2 and Tripmode for your excellent investigation.

This has put my worries about the DMD possibly being hi-jacked to rest.
All your scenarios explains very well why I have received less DMDs than 'usual' over the last few days.
And it also reinstates my trust in the DMD.

May the DMD finally get that big price-jump it rightfully deserve being a truly rare entity..!
I guess when it eventually nears it's end in 50k+ units time it will indeed rise to much much higher value..

There is a good team behind Diamond - Zuper, PalmDetroit, Myself... Last time there was a forking issue we were on it within minutes.  If anyone is fucking around we would know about it! No one is able to cheat and generate superblocks, I can assure you that.

As for pool operators not paying bonus blocks, that has nothing to do with the coin - when researching a pool make sure you do your homework!

Based on the way MultiPool has responded and is paying people back for missed coins, it seems an honest mistake.  They run many pools and I am sure they didnt know that Diamond paid bonus blocks...We are glad to have Multipool as part of the Diamond community Smiley

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 08:48:22 PM

Big thanks to both WTParker2 and Tripmode for your excellent investigation.

This has put my worries about the DMD possibly being hi-jacked to rest.
All your scenarios explains very well why I have received less DMDs than 'usual' over the last few days.
And it also reinstates my trust in the DMD.

May the DMD finally get that big price-jump it rightfully deserve being a truly rare entity..!
I guess when it eventually nears it's end in 50k+ units time it will indeed rise to much much higher value..

There is a good team behind Diamond - Zuper, PalmDetroit, Myself... Last time there was a forking issue we were on it within minutes.  If anyone is fucking around we would know about it! No one is able to cheat and generate superblocks, I can assure you that.

As for pool operators not paying bonus blocks, that has nothing to do with the coin - when researching a pool make sure you do your homework!

Based on the way MultiPool has responded and is paying people back for missed coins, it seems an honest mistake.  They run many pools and I am sure they didnt know that Diamond paid bonus blocks...We are glad to have Multipool as part of the Diamond community Smiley
i was going to make a video for DMD, but i have decided it might be better for me to just fork out some cash and pay for a professional company to do one, do you think this is a good idea? for a small fee we could run it as advertisement on youtube, i think that would work well, if you agree this is a good idea, what do you think the video should contain, i have the money but im a little bit blank when it comes to promoting a coin, i have made video's in the past for youtube, but not anything like this, and that's the reason i think it would be best to pay for it instead i think we should promote DMD as the next btc, like the DMD site says a commodity for the store of your wealth, i will need to write a basic script for them and any help would be much appreciated.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:08:52 PM

@WTParker2
hmm a moderator has moved it to this sub:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
..and it's already waayyy down on page 7 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=388853.0 - so I think it will vanish in the masses Sad

..regarding my cgminer freezing/hanging issue - it has become a bit better since my first post - but still happening all the time with 2 or more minutes stops.. right now 5 minutes freeze and counting..
..and more importantly - my usual steady income of DMDs has gone from dozens/24hr to just 1 or 2..!

given that 1500 coins are distributed daily, my rewards also do not match up. I'm mining on dmdpool. I'm hashing approx 0.5% of the total network (network, not pool) but reward is only getting me 0.1DMD per hour when according to my calculations it should be 3.5x that. Sure there is the law of averages etc but something doesn't add up (unless I've made a mistake somewhere?)  Been going a few hours now.
st9999

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:51:52 AM

If I were you, I would join a DMD pool. It should be more profitable
iikun
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:47:14 AM

If I were you, I would join a DMD pool. It should be more profitable

@WTParker2
hmm a moderator has moved it to this sub:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
..and it's already waayyy down on page 7 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=388853.0 - so I think it will vanish in the masses Sad

..regarding my cgminer freezing/hanging issue - it has become a bit better since my first post - but still happening all the time with 2 or more minutes stops.. right now 5 minutes freeze and counting..
..and more importantly - my usual steady income of DMDs has gone from dozens/24hr to just 1 or 2..!

given that 1500 coins are distributed daily, my rewards also do not match up. I'm mining on dmdpool. I'm hashing approx 0.5% of the total network (network, not pool) but reward is only getting me 0.1DMD per hour when according to my calculations it should be 3.5x that. Sure there is the law of averages etc but something doesn't add up (unless I've made a mistake somewhere?)  Been going a few hours now.
sesko

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:35:53 PM

what's wrong with http://dmd.minar.cc

zero new blocks found?
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:37:24 PM

Did anyone look into the digby pool. I only 1 coin blocks there, although I didn't mine there for long
iikun
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:38:40 PM

what's wrong with http://dmd.minar.cc

zero new blocks found?

not familiar with this site but it looks exactly the same as the dmdpool site. clone or copy?
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:43:13 PM

It most probably is one of the pools (pool operators, please confirm!).

I understand there is a script to predict whether the next block will be a bonus one (I remember there was a thread in this forum for that), but there's no way somebody would somehow surely find it - otherwise, they'd be just finding all blocks in all coins.

I only know the payout address of the 2 DMD pools I mine on. And other than the rare 2 DMD block, I don't see either one of those pools solving any larger than 2.
Those 2 pools are DMD.miner.cc and DMDpool.net
If any of those operators are reading this:
DMDpool.net: Your site is mind-numbingly slow. Get it fixed!
DMD.minar.cc: Please fix your payout for blocks over 1 coin generation. I've worked on blocks that have had 2 DMD and yet the payout is based on 1 coin. Fix it and back-pay the workers!

@Skywave: please give me the link to where you posted in on the frontpage so I can follow it also. Thanks!

We are working on DMDpool.net speed.
zuper (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:44:25 PM

Is there anyway Mac user could get a wallet?

New wallet version for Mac will be released soon  Smiley
zuper (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:57:43 PM

OP updated - New pool added Smiley
zuper (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:00:02 PM

GOOD NEWS: CoinPayments will add DMD soon!
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

GOOD NEWS: CoinPayments will add DMD soon!

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DMD to da moon
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 05:36:43 PM

is there any page that give insight into the POS miracle

how to setup and earn dmd with POS

if im sitting on example 1000 dmd how much POS dmd i can expect for have wallet running 24/7

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
carlb007

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:24:14 AM

if im sitting on example 1000 dmd how much POS dmd i can expect for have wallet running 24/7
Id too like to know more about this. Started mining this a few days ago on only 1 of my rigs, and have a whopping 3 DMD!
Really like the name and the scarcity of this coin - in total contrast to doge which ive also been mining i feel like i have both ends of the altcoin spectrum covered off Smiley
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:29:08 AM

Id too like to know more about this. Started mining this a few days ago on only 1 of my rigs, and have a whopping 3 DMD!
Really like the name and the scarcity of this coin - in total contrast to doge which ive also been mining i feel like i have both ends of the altcoin spectrum covered off Smiley

don't just mine them bro, there only a few dollars buy 100 bucks worth, while you still can im sitting on about 5k and it didn't cost that much compared to what i will make, i expect DMD to go past btc prices next year, wall street is about to move into crypto's big time, billions of $ are about to pour in, and DMD just has that sort of name and features that attract big time investors, so i believe 2014 will be huge for DMD
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:51:04 AM

HEY my miner can't connect to dmd pool nay more..

What happened?
And It did not sent me my requested payout..

Now I have no diamond pool available!!!

Nothing wrong in my CMD line
cgminer.exe  --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://dmd.minar.cc:3333 -U PhiloDiamond.1 -p xxx

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
Zisef

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:04:18 AM

http://dmd.minar.cc/ is not paying out again have coins stuck there. Also I have 2.9 Mhz and I only mined 5 coins in one 24 hour period. When the low end projection from all the guages were 10 at the lowest and 18 to the highest. I am moving on there is something off with this coin for miners.
iikun
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:02:12 AM

http://dmd.minar.cc/ is not paying out again have coins stuck there. Also I have 2.9 Mhz and I only mined 5 coins in one 24 hour period. When the low end projection from all the guages were 10 at the lowest and 18 to the highest. I am moving on there is something off with this coin for miners.

That's a little worse than my own experience but not by much. I don't want to go around saying certain pools are no good but from several of the comments on this thread something is not adding up.

Is there any pool someone can recommend where performance & payout is as expected?  (or are these pools somehow incorrectly displaying total network hash perhaps?  would be a rookie mistake but the only non-fishy explanation I can think of)
Zisef

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:19:25 AM

I know since the coin has a retarget for difficulty that is very quick to cut profit pools out of it, but that is what I believe is killing the Coins per day, the difficulty can quadruple within what is it one block or every couple of blocks and go back down. Since the coin is like that once people pool hop the coin goes up to number 1 most profitable and I am not seeing that I am seeing 60% or more lower coins then I should. I am not saying its the pools fault but might be the coin itself and that mechanism. I have sent a few emails and I have got no response about the payout.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: