Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:02:09 AM

What kind of wallet your are using now, if you use myetherwallet always use correct website for access to the link, but if you use exchange wallet you have added security of your account, you can use google authicator for making your account is safety.
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:18:42 AM

What kind of wallet your are using now, if you use myetherwallet always use correct website for access to the link, but if you use exchange wallet you have added security of your account, you can use google authicator for making your account is safety.
to be safer, please bookmark myetherwallet link, because one letter can be fatal. and with Google Authenticator, you can provide extra security. definitely disappointed if your assets diwallet are lost, so be careful
Muheng

Activity: 160

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:24:49 AM

In my opinion, the security of this wallet really needs to be used due to safeguarding our assets rather than people who want to steal it, even they can use our assets on a bad road.
you're right, but on the current times, hackers are getting smarter to hack everything, especially hacking the wallets, it has happened to my friend's wallet that was hacked despite being given security like Google Authenticator
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:47:12 AM

Of course, it is very important, crime in cyberspace is very high, and the most disadvantaged is us if we underestimate internet security... I once lost important data because I was not confident with the security of my device and network, from that I learned to care about security, so that my wallet was safe...

Wallet stores our most precious coins and if wallet is not save and hacked, we are left with nothing. This means that we should first make all the efforts to secure our wallet as rest of the things depends on how secure and safe our coins are.
Yeah right, In my opinion, we should use the Offline wallet as Electrum or Trezor, it's safer because
our own control. Don't use Wallet Exchanger to keep assets, because It's can easy to hacked.
promich21

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:34:24 AM

Of course, it is very important, crime in cyberspace is very high, and the most disadvantaged is us if we underestimate internet security... I once lost important data because I was not confident with the security of my device and network, from that I learned to care about security, so that my wallet was safe...
Of course we need highly security in order to keep our coins secure from stealer especially for hackers. Ever thought why a banks hired security guards? because they have to keep money safe from robbers.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:59:13 PM

Well I guess it is much better to split our bitcoin balance in different wallet address, like you have in Electrum, Hardware wallet, bitcoin core, and multibit.hd just like with the banks I do have savings on bank but not in one only but more than one bank, because I am just following what I read in the books on which is don't put all your eggs in one basket. And the most important matter that we need to remember is the security while we use wallet, like the private key and seed phrase together with password too.
domarakooth

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:21:45 AM

Block chain just similar to banks. They also required some security to keep there users money safe. I don't get it why you ask such question.
mnbvcxz1122

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:54:32 AM

The important thing is, how do you keep your hard work worth money? It requires security.
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:56:19 AM

This is a very common question. I think that for better wallet protection you shouldn't visit any sites that can harm your computer, and create new e-mail exactly for your wallet. And don't tell anybody what are you doing and how much money did you earn by trading.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:16:32 PM

Every now and then someone asks strange questions ... asking if the safety of the wallet is important is like asking if it's a good idea to lock the door of the house ...
In fact, especially in the crypto world where there is no control or central authority, security must really be in the first place.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Febriana98

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:08:27 PM

very important, now the crime in the internet world is very high, if you don't give security to your wallet then all your assets will be stolen. see cases of people who lost their wallet, the reason is they did not give security to their Wallet, even if they gave the level security it was very low.
marcbitcoins

Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:51:57 AM

If we will treat our Bitcoin and our Altcoins as an asset or wealth for our future and family use then we should secured it at all cost specially if they are hard earned properties because if we will not consider the importance of security then all of your efforts and hard work to earned that cryptos will be probably will be stolen and wasted therefore wallet security is really important.
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:24:58 AM

You just have to keep the private keys safe don't store them on anything connected to the Internet back them up to many locations if you have enough Bitcoins taking out a safety deposit box is a good idea.
but just keeping them on different types of media like USB hard drive you can even write it down on paper and then re type it into a wallet to see if you got the key correct.

Just don't keep them on the used desktop pc and call it bitcoin private key in plain text
JuneTaro

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:00:07 AM

You can store your cryptocurrency coins on a cold wallet or on a paper wallet, so you will protect yourself 100%. These are the most reliable ways to store cryptocurrency today.
I see your point but I don't think paper wallet can protect ourselves 100%. To what I know, paper wallet is not safe. Instead of paper wallet, you should think about offline wallet or hardware wallet, I did so many researches to find the best wallet to store my cryptocurrency. That is my experience that I want to share with you. Hope you can choose the best wallet to protect your coin.
Angna27

Activity: 406

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:04:34 AM

absolutely yes, this is very important because you store your all coins in your wallet so you need to secure your wallet. Many wallet have high security just be careful to visit some website that get your information or if you have lot money you can buy hardware wallet.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:32:26 AM

I firmly believe that securing your wallet is just as important as securing your fiat wallet. we can never be complascent in every detail of  our wallet.  but I am thinking what if you only have one password for every wallet that you have? is this much safer than having many passwords for many wallets? (just a random thought though). but now, theft cannot break into our wallets that easily that is why they are using another modality-- to copy your username but with different telegram account or ask for an update in telegram then changing wallets to hacker's wallet.
going back, just be always on the lookout for any additional cyber threat that may hack into your systems like click bait and phishing sites. this can potentialy heck all your wallet details.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:04:17 AM

Of course we need highly security in order to keep our coins secure from stealer especially for hackers. Ever thought why a banks hired security guards? because they have to keep money safe from robbers.
One of the most important points that lie among the main points is security, to take care of your security that is how much your wallet is secure. Once you consider it important then you will not face with any scammers of hackers activities like stuff. Those who do not take care of their wallets and reveal their wallet passkeys lose their coins in no time. Better we consider it important because holding a wallet with some coins needs a lot of efforts and use of knowledge.

gelinshidong

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

Usually the security of the wallet is very strong. But because wallets are often used on platforms such as computers and mobile smart devices. These things have become a place for your information to leak, you should be careful not to download illegal software.
forked human

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:53:32 AM

Well I guess it is much better to split our bitcoin balance in different wallet address, like you have in Electrum, Hardware wallet, bitcoin core, and multibit.hd just like with the banks I do have savings on bank but not in one only but more than one bank, because I am just following what I read in the books on which is don't put all your eggs in one basket. And the most important matter that we need to remember is the security while we use wallet, like the private key and seed phrase together with password too.
People always take care about their money, so our wallet is the place where we keep our crypto currencies, so its too much important to take care and give top security to our wallet.
jonatuzc

Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:04:48 AM

The important thing is, how do you keep your hard work worth money? It requires security.
In the current era, where the knowledge of coding and decoding is very instrumental in the success of your online company to both attract people and to shield it against the cyber agents, hackers have also gone sharp. So this was the prerequisite for Bitcoin to have a protected system which ensures the consumer satisfaction and it is not possible to hack blockchain for the security is beyond reach of the hackers. However it could happen in the rest of the coins where the wallets are not so much protected and are prone to theft.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: