Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An old thread. May contain the frustrations of some Cryptsy users.  (Read 19513 times)
gnode

Activity: 492
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:46:25 PM

There is a problem with trade on COL, there are sells at 11 but there are many buy offers at 12. What gives??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:59:09 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 06:10:20 PM by rikkejohn

sigh am not sure whats happening with cryptsy as well..

2013-12-21 01:29:27    2013-12-21 01:30:05    Points:0.02534000->0.00000000

The minused my points to "0"

and then credited me with 0.00002000 points instead

We tweeted a while ago that points balances would be normal after the maintenance on them. Sorry for the delay.

there is a whole lot of "were sorry"

for things that affect people greatly. you might want to do a "were sorry, heres an x" campaign at some point. right now its just "were sorry, our everything is always broken, were always working hard to fix it"

a lot less people would be upset and making posts if there were more proactive announcements in the community from cryptsy staff. why wait for someone to make a crypsty points thread when u know its coming? there has been a whole lot of flaming goin on just for this points issue. pop on and make a thread so people a) have somewhere to rage and b) are informed about why and how they should be raging, and for how long. definitely would be less negative posts overall and a place for cryptsy supporters to calm everyone down with positive comments mixed in.

I didn't realise there was a tweet about it, I just figured given the track record that it was another temporary issue that would be resolved soon, filed my 40th support ticket in 2 weeks and went back to making terrible trades.

Id be more active on the boards if I wasn't trying to help the team get to as many tickets as fast as possible. Now that more staff can handle tickets you will see more of the senior folks on the boards. More frequently.

John, what is your estimate of the amount of coins given away by Cryptsy?

There must have been an audit.

You gave me a handful, but to be honest you lost me a lot more over a couple of weeks with the lags, lost trades, lost chances to cash out, etc, etc.

I wonder if the exchange can actually cover all the balances there.

If the exchange is covered, then what can people do for Cryptsy to make it work?

You need expertise (not me, lol) because the software or hardware or both are clearly unfit for purpose. Promises of extra servers have not helped, nor the extra staff Vern claims are employed.

Why is the exchange so weak?  BTC-e is a similar set up, and that usually works just fine.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:37:55 PM

Answer the question about the COL Bitjohn. I filed a ticket about a buy order I put in at 11 executing at 12. Gave me a negative balance. Was told I was wrong and that was that. Now I am seeing this is an issue you are ignoring. The help desk has reports of people cancelling COL orders and getting back less than they placed down on the order. I made it very clear in my ticket what the problem was and got a response as if I was speaking in tongues at the guy. Hell, I had a deposit pending, filed ticket, then it disappeared from the help desk after a week of not being responded to. Then I refiled it and got the response that I should give them the transaction ID. There is no transaction ID on a pending deposit! Can I have some of what your staff are smoking?
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:12:35 PM

all accounts are locked now at cryptsy. Negative balance in cryptsy-points appear. I have a negative balance over more points than i ever owned. And my withdrawals are locked. Every day there is a new surprise with these guys.

I just want to trade a little bit. Is that too much to ask? 
Batch doing the maintenance on points crashed catching back up now. We changed it so you can withdraw now regardless of that status.

Still cannot withdrawl due to negative points balance, so it wasn't changed.
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:26:11 PM

all accounts are locked now at cryptsy. Negative balance in cryptsy-points appear. I have a negative balance over more points than i ever owned. And my withdrawals are locked. Every day there is a new surprise with these guys.

I just want to trade a little bit. Is that too much to ask? 
Batch doing the maintenance on points crashed catching back up now. We changed it so you can withdraw now regardless of that status.

Still cannot withdrawl due to negative points balance, so it wasn't changed.

At least thats one way to drive the price of points up, people buying em up so they can withdrawl, heh.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:38:16 PM

If the negative points balance is a mistake what about the negative coin balances?

It seem the programme makes alterations to balances all the time.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:36:05 PM

I have been using Crypsty today and it has been really fast with deposits and withdrawals. At least with BTC and DOGE.
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:55:33 AM

to much crap coins at criptsy and it looks like criptsy never retire some coins

What coin would you want to remove? You can simply deselect them from trading where you do not even see them. Would you want a coin you have invested in to be removed? Number of coins is not the issue we have been having.

65000+ new users in 25 days approximately. At the current rate there will be 100,000 new users next week. The problem is sheer load we have made major investments in hardware and manpower to address this. These investments are not realized overnight shipping. installation and training are required essentially it takes time. I would start expecting to see the results of these investments in people and hardware in the very near future we have already made tremendous improvements as it stands.

Guys sorry for the delays. If you have a support issue outstanding we will get to you. New staff is able to handle more and more types of tickets which frees the experienced staff up to get to the harder ticket types.

Then if you can not handle with existing amount of users you should block registration for some time,  until you get new hardware. If that what you say is true then criptsy will be stucking in a week again.

Whuzz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Kimoto for president!

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:08:45 AM

sigh am not sure whats happening with cryptsy as well..

2013-12-21 01:29:27    2013-12-21 01:30:05    Points:0.02534000->0.00000000

The minused my points to "0"

and then credited me with 0.00002000 points instead

We tweeted a while ago that points balances would be normal after the maintenance on them. Sorry for the delay.

there is a whole lot of "were sorry"

for things that affect people greatly. you might want to do a "were sorry, heres an x" campaign at some point. right now its just "were sorry, our everything is always broken, were always working hard to fix it"

a lot less people would be upset and making posts if there were more proactive announcements in the community from cryptsy staff. why wait for someone to make a crypsty points thread when u know its coming? there has been a whole lot of flaming goin on just for this points issue. pop on and make a thread so people a) have somewhere to rage and b) are informed about why and how they should be raging, and for how long. definitely would be less negative posts overall and a place for cryptsy supporters to calm everyone down with positive comments mixed in.

I didn't realise there was a tweet about it, I just figured given the track record that it was another temporary issue that would be resolved soon, filed my 40th support ticket in 2 weeks and went back to making terrible trades.

Id be more active on the boards if I wasn't trying to help the team get to as many tickets as fast as possible. Now that more staff can handle tickets you will see more of the senior folks on the boards. More frequently.

Why isn't Zeuscoin added yet?  It did well in your poll but Cryptsy added other coins that never were in the poll Smiley
Will Earthcoin be added too?

Digital currency of the future!
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:09:34 AM

I have never had an issue with Cryptsy but have never dealt with Doge. BTC in, trade, BTC out and always works quickly and smoothly.

Hopefully it will pick up for all the other currencies!
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:43:44 AM

to much crap coins at criptsy and it looks like criptsy never retire some coins

What coin would you want to remove? You can simply deselect them from trading where you do not even see them. Would you want a coin you have invested in to be removed? Number of coins is not the issue we have been having.

65000+ new users in 25 days approximately. At the current rate there will be 100,000 new users next week. The problem is sheer load we have made major investments in hardware and manpower to address this. These investments are not realized overnight shipping. installation and training are required essentially it takes time. I would start expecting to see the results of these investments in people and hardware in the very near future we have already made tremendous improvements as it stands.

Guys sorry for the delays. If you have a support issue outstanding we will get to you. New staff is able to handle more and more types of tickets which frees the experienced staff up to get to the harder ticket types.

Then if you can not handle with existing amount of users you should block registration for some time,  until you get new hardware. If that what you say is true then criptsy will be stucking in a week again.

why not let coins keep coming in from new users  ? when they eventually scam  or get "hacked"  they will have  an even greater profit
meta.p02

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:44:49 AM

I had a deposit of 500-plus ORB coming in in three deposits. Only one has appeared and is 2/6 confirmations despite being sent who knows how many days ago. Ticket has not been responded to.

Also, I sold CENT at 3 XPM-satoshi a few days ago. The order executed at 2 XPM-satoshi. So far Cryptsy has yet to give me a proper reply on why this happens. (At that time, the buy wall at 3 XPM-satoshi was several thousand XPM thick)

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
poyke

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:46:43 AM

Guys the team is working very hard to get to every deposit issue. Why any one particular coin is taking longer could be numerous reasons. We are working on our end to speed things up and hope to have it all zippy soon. This is probably the most popular release coin we have had with massive numbers of deposits etc. Bare with us your coins will show up.

when this hype all began I thought about buying 20k doge. tried and I couldn't.
half an hour later thought about buying 200K coz i went up from 50 to 80 and I couldn't.
Woke up the next day with a big negative balance on BTC and a huge positive balance on doge. by my calculation the buying rate for doges was about 120 average. and you bought that 200k+20k + moarrrrrrr Smiley

So while I was sleeping you spent all my BTC and even more to buy doge.
If I end up selling at 500 each and making a profit its cool coz I bet money I didn't have. BUT THATS NOT THE CASE.
YOU HAD ME BET ALL MY MONEY! and now with DOGE being worth half what you bought it for, I won't lose half my money like I should, I will lose ALL MY MONEY and still owe you more!

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:11:04 AM

Every time I try to make any money and it involves Cryptsy I end up losing money due to technical issues.
I lost about 25% of my money in the last week and made zero because of the technical problems.

24 hr Pending Withdrawals during China crash... then DOGE deposits ... then DOGE order placing during DOGE crash (waiting 5 hours to do an order).
Every time something good happens - it turns into a loss. Every time. Every day this week.

Even now as I speak at Sunday 2am. No server load at all. Just missing deposit on DOGE. Again.

I give up man... this is a waste of time. I think using sites like coins-e and coinedup are the only safe bet.
schmelix

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:31:04 AM

If the negative points balance is a mistake what about the negative coin balances?

It seem the programme makes alterations to balances all the time.

+1

John: Fix your trading engine and our balances!
Lorren

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 08:38:00 AM

So far, DOGE deposits on Cryptsy seem to take me a lot longer than with other coins.  They've all eventually gone through though (although I'm waiting on my last deposit).  My points balance is 0 though...

BitcoinLove Bitcoin products on Zazzle.
BTC:  1BaRWVFD927cfDcCfxn9vhJn2L6ZKKNSP1
medveworld

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:38:49 AM

sending much doge to cryptsy very wait but sell good
DarkKnight

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:40:09 AM

Seems like there should be a Doge meme to fit OP's problem:

So drama much...  Grin

That's what you get for trading in a marketing experiment.

Go mine a real coin.

Seriously.  Roll Eyes

My Cryptsy deposits on several coins have been crediting in 20 minutes or less. The points disappeared then came back, and are really rather insignificant. It's an incentive, not your rent payment. Oh the drama...
mattle74

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

I just want to bump this thread because I love the title. I almost wish they would sticky this thread until they are actually functioning correctly for weeks at a time.
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:30:47 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 12:50:32 PM by thisisnotmyltcusername

. 2013-12-24 00:45:39   DOGE 8235.89657400   425 confirmations / 7 hour pending  Roll Eyes
. but the real fun part today is the order cancellations, your coins are not recredited within seconds and instead stay stuck for one hour at least.
. as for their morning advice adding another order & cancelling it to "unlock" and get back your coins, actually it just piles up the frozen coins.

merry fuckingcoinxmas   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: