Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UTC] University of Texas Coin - a coin for students  (Read 17769 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:33:47 PM

for a node you need your external ip address. any of those find my ip things will work fine. But it needs to he hard coded into the source code for the cion to make everything work smooth. If you want to use someone as a addnode then you go to the coin in the appdata folder and list it as a node (you need the ip address that says ipv4.

App data folder? Is that something you gave me? I don't see anything called that What would it be called? All of them are dll also which I don't seem to be able to open They are just part of the wallet
Noooooo it automatically comes when u run the wallet... Go to your start browser in the bottom left corner, hit the search bar and type in %appdata%

Then hit the folder called Abccoin

Then go to notepad and type in addnode=(whatever the ip is)

Then save it to your dekstop as abccoin.conf

Then go back to the abccoin folder in the appdata section and copy&paste the abccoin.conf file I to there. This tells the wallet the ports, addnodes, server, etc.

Ok thank you

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:44:39 PM

Ok 76.25.36.170 is a node now I think it has 2 computers running the wallet But I still don't see any connections...

roastbeef

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:48:30 PM

Thread is a tutorial in how not to launch a coin and who should not launch a coin.

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
jonytk

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:18:24 PM

Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 10:57:31 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 11:11:48 PM by Colin Miner

UTC: TXyjp8bZMgEg8Rom5UQWn26EMpQ86qZ6Yd (by all means, send some UTC for testing)  Grin

Well, it looks like things are working, well done.

I think this shows how much work goes into making a coin and a warning to others to do their home work before taking on this task.

There is a lot of work that goes unseen and unappreciated into making a coin that works.

It just goes to show how clever Satoshi Nakamoto was/were/are.

EDIT: the qt-client seems to want all the processor time Sad
EDIT: gen=1   oh, that may explain a few things about the poor processor running for its life from this wallet. [face palm]

A sample ABCCoin.conf file for UTCCoin (unioftexas coin)

gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
rpcport=2014
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
addnode=169.254.31.115
addnode=146.90.222.123
addnode=222.165.72.96
addnode=87.112.185.225
addnode=212.121.207.215

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
CaptEmulation

Activity: 134

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:36:31 AM

This is what happens when business students wander into the computer lab.

k33k

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:33:12 AM

App data folder? Is that something you gave me? I don't see anything called that What would it be called? All of them are dll also which I don't seem to be able to open They are just part of the wallet

How do I go about retrieving my "Outside IP" once I get back home??

FWIW I knew what these things meant long before I knew anything about cryptocurrencies. I think perhaps you are trying to learn things in the wrong order.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:08:30 AM

This is what happens when business students wander into the computer lab.

Now I understand :-)
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:46:51 AM

How do I go about retrieving my "Outside IP" once I get back home??

FWIW I knew what these things meant long before I knew anything about cryptocurrencies. I think perhaps you are trying to learn things in the wrong order.
Ha hahahahaha! it may be so, glad to see some help for this coin, i want to say again that collegiate coins being made would be good for everyone (except for the developer who risks being sued by the University).

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
xrturbs

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:53:50 PM

Bahahahhahahahaaaa
Bitcoin-hotep, dude, save your colledge money, your best off catching gators
lerelerele

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:57:42 PM

60 mined ¿Someone more have mined something?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:02:42 PM

Tuck Fexas, Go Hogs!!

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 11:03:34 PM

UTC: TXyjp8bZMgEg8Rom5UQWn26EMpQ86qZ6Yd (by all means, send some UTC for testing)  Grin
5UTC arrived, just waiting for confirmations.

Thanks!

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

You basically just sent the kid straight to calculus. Figure out C++ first and then get some help on Linux.

See that's the problem I have people that understand Linux and C++ that I need to get this started for Because they don't understand coins as well as I do So we are in quite the conundrum

I am not a tech person but I am closest to coins and they don't know much about coins but they can handle it all when I get it started

At least they will have the foundation to understand coins once they start asking you the hard questions and you go like... "I dunno"... Wink they'll be able to figure everything out themselves.

-
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:45:12 PM

Some IP's are Outside IP's. All Outside IP's are IP's, etc...

-
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:35:22 PM

I knew a hairdresser in Austin that quit her salon to move to Hawaii and start a restaurant.  She asked me over for dinner the week she left.  Before dinner, she asked "how long does it take to cook rice?"

I try to be respectful and informed.
Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 09:46:29 PM

I knew a hairdresser in Austin that quit her salon to move to Hawaii and start a restaurant.  She asked me over for dinner the week she left.  Before dinner, she asked "how long does it take to cook rice?"

On first reading this, its seems to me she was a successful hairdresser, but I bet she wasn't and once she leaned to cook rice, things went much better for her (and her customers).

Cooking rice is easy, but cutting hair needs a degree of skill  Wink

acido255

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:45:40 AM

God Bless Crypto currencies
maincoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:11:09 AM

Great concept, i like it. Can't wait for more updates
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:55:39 AM

I knew a hairdresser in Austin that quit her salon to move to Hawaii and start a restaurant.  She asked me over for dinner the week she left.  Before dinner, she asked "how long does it take to cook rice?"

On first reading this, its seems to me she was a successful hairdresser, but I bet she wasn't and once she leaned to cook rice, things went much better for her (and her customers).

Cooking rice is easy, but cutting hair needs a degree of skill  Wink
God Bless Crypto currencies
Great concept, i like it. Can't wait for more updates

Why did you both a post?   I guess that it was a test coin posted out of announcements section, And it died long time ago. Please see above.

RIP

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: