Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest $10,000 into Quark or Dogecoin?  (Read 19685 times)
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:03:29 PM

OMG, sorry, I just can't, my brain hurts, $10,000 into DOGE?!?!  DOGE?  Really? Really?!?!?!  The fact that there are people in this world who are willing to put $10,000 into DOGE, well sir you have shaken me to the very core.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  I am living in a topsy-turvy bizarro land, black is white, up is down, good is evil.  There is no God, only DOGE now.

On a more serious note, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK A MEME COIN SPAWNED FROM 4CHAN IS GOING TO LAST?  HOW LONG DOES ANY STUPID INTERNET MEME LAST?  If you are still considering investing in DOGE, please do yourself a favor and give a loved one power of attorney simply so they can take over managing your finances before you bankrupt yourself.  Your mom loves you, I promise she will bear that burden if you ask her to.
Iter

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

This is why I left Quark a long time ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1t9ycp/quark_highly_vulnerable_to_51_attack_after/

Miners currently get a reward of 16 coins if they solve a block. In about 10 days, when 247 million coins have been mined, that reward will drop to 1 coin per block. After the drop, 86,400 new coins will be created per month, at current exchange rates worth about $8,640. That is the pot all miner have to split, and it's not a large sum. Who knows how many miners will stick with Quark and how many will leave. I suspect most will leave. Even if you are a Quark true believer, as a miner, you will probably be able to earn more Quark for yourself by mining another currency and then selling what you mine for Quark on an exchange.

--

Go to the link if you want to read more.

VTC > LTC
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:32:45 PM

I think OP is just joking guys Smiley

User with 300+ posts and 10 grands probably wouldnt ask here for advice Cheesy and for sure not about this shitcoins Smiley
DJTrey

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:36:10 PM

Dogecoin for sure.

I would be very appreciative to have your DOGES or CATS:
DOGE: DRMZmvq64viwnVe8KVAvdSi1ScAdLpAdt6
CAT: 9beNzJtiYtHF3YggE9k5EG4TbDy7QZ8Hbe
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:39:05 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 08:53:02 PM by ajax3592

Won't go into much details about DOGE.
But just read this thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1u5hfr/i_cant_thank_this_community_enough/

it's about community of a coin that decides it's future

Go 33 33 33 for DOGE, LTC and BTC

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:42:59 PM

Jesus Christ, I didn't even read the last 9 pages, I just saw the title and jumped right here.  I simply cannot fathom the thought of investing $10,000 into QRK, let alone DOGE?!?!?!  Are you high or just dead set on losing that $10,000?  If you want, send the $10,000 to me and I will burn it for you.

Seriously, just take your $10,000 and buy BTC.  Sit on it for a year and thank me when you look back and see QRK and DOGE dumped and forgotten.

The $$ comes from BTC, earned at $10 or so, each. It's all profit from here on in.....
If I had them at $10 and they are worth $750, and I invest $10,000 worth into an alt currency, it's only peanuts, like 15 BTC or so.
Not $10,000 like I actually earned it or anything.  Roll Eyes   Cool

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:54:30 PM

I just called my finance and called off our wedding.  I told her I wasn't sure if I loved her because I can't be sure of anything anymore.  You have left me a soulless broken husk of a man OP.  Just please tell me you won't do it, not DOGE, just no, this can't be real, it just can't.............
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:04:27 PM

I just called my finance and called off our wedding.  I told her I wasn't sure if I loved her because I can't be sure of anything anymore.  You have left me a soulless broken husk of a man OP.  Just please tell me you won't do it, not DOGE, just no, this can't be real, it just can't.............

Never dropped a dime into Dogecoin, ever!
Some into Earthcoin, Lottocoin, IXcoin, Spots, and a couple others. More into some than others.
I own tons of quarks.

Pasco60

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:04:41 PM

NXT and maybe eMunie.

PMC: 1FERnGpCrQzUdYRN3guPoJ9YTgYSN6tCe5
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:14:46 PM

NXT and maybe eMunie.

I'm not too techie, and I could not install the client or wallet for NXT so gave up.
Same with Ron Paul coin. Could not get it to synch.
Most installs work fine.

gabbabo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 09:21:11 PM

From a technical point of view Nextcoin (NXT) is one of the most promising (here all the planned features: http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Planned_Features ) ...
The price is going up ( http://dgex.com/ ) and the official launch date is January 3th - so the big pumping isn't started yet.

Iter

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

NXT and maybe eMunie.

I'm not too techie, and I could not install the client or wallet for NXT so gave up.
Most installs work fine.

Did you download the ron paul coin conf file? http://shotcallin.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/72139490/ronpaulcoin.conf

3. IMPORTANT STEP: Download the ronpaulcoin.conf file which contains a list of active nodes and put it in your c:/users/**yourcomputername**/AppData/Roaming/RonPaulCoin. If you don't do this step you will have a wallet that doesn't connect to any other nodes.

VTC > LTC
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:23:36 PM

neither -get btc while its still cheap

Thanks. I already own some BTC, much more in value than I do in anything else.
So, I'm trying to diversify a little, that's all.

I thought about putting some into Doge, but then these facts weigh into my decision. Quark appears much more stable and well backed.
none of this  is fact but i have heard :
Quark = scam coin
it was premined to some people who own it can shake up and down the price on a whim since they are whales and you
will be a goldfish in their pond
also heard someone say it comes with malware to steal your wallet.dat files  when you install it
Pre mining means mining before release. Stop with the fucking bullshit, always the same thing.
It was very easy to mine, you can say that. But no one knew it would get this valuable so it was sold at peanuts for months.
In any case it will always be the same, there is always a 1% that owns a ton, just like in BTC or any other currency.

MajikPiG

Activity: 84

in doge we tryst

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

Won't go into much details about DOGE.
But just read this thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1u5hfr/i_cant_thank_this_community_enough/

it's about community of a coin that decides it's future

Go 33 33 33 for DOGE, LTC and BTC

^ doge, 4 this rsn

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:43:25 PM

We have all been wondering if there will be another coin that will surge in price like bitcoin and litecoin.

A lot of people have used the approach to mine and/or buy every coin because it is hard to be sure which Alt coin will turn out to be the next BIG ONE.

We now know!

It is Quark!

Quark has done something that no other coin has ever done. It increased in value by more than 1000x in less than 2 weeks. From 21 on Tuesday Nov 19 to 30000 on Sat Nov 30.

This huge increase is amazing.

How was it possible?

It is a result of the uniqueness of Quark's distribution.

All coins when first issued are raped and dumped by the botnets, farms etc. In fact no coin can overcome this relentless raping and dumping. All coins nearly die from it. Quark was no exception.

But because of Quark's distribution, nearly all of its coins have been minted, there can be no more raping and dumping. There is no more constant downward pressure on the price. Now the price can increase with time without constraints.

It is this natural price increase that is attractive to hedge fund investors and will result in Quark challenging litecoin's price of 0.025 btc and maybe even challenging bitcoin itself.

We have all wondered what will happen when a coin is fully mined. We now know. It is a price explosion!

I only hope that everybody got in on Quark before Nov 19. If not, it is not too late, there may be another factor of 1000x waiting in the wings. Big money is pouring into Quark!

Im holdin like 500 qrk only, and im hoping for it to eventually achieve the magic 1 USD number. LTC prices? you are maybe being too optimistic arent you? BTC prices? come on.
I hope it happens but I dont see how.

Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 10:03:49 PM

Don't invest in Either.

Invest in WDC.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:07:12 PM

NXT and maybe eMunie.

Most installs work fine.

Did you download the ron paul coin conf file? http://shotcallin.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/72139490/ronpaulcoin.conf

3. IMPORTANT STEP: Download the ronpaulcoin.conf file which contains a list of active nodes and put it in your c:/users/**yourcomputername**/AppData/Roaming/RonPaulCoin. If you don't do this step you will have a wallet that doesn't connect to any other nodes.

Yes, Tried it. Maybe I should remove everything. Start over and place that file in beforehand.
I'll try that.

tork

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:43:42 PM

Everyone knows Doge is a joke - good for short speculation but unlikely to sustain long term traction.

Worldcoin has good marketting but not much else particularly innovative to differentiate it - as for FIAT access Quark already has that through several exchanges.

Besides which lots happening with Quark.

Just today: QRK on BTC38.com the largest Chinese exchange.

For more see:

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1vl9lo/china_loves_quark/
http://www.quarkcoin.cc/

Frozen looks like a Quark fork. Limited supply may help its value. If you're interested best get on board before Cryptsy add it.

As for me I like QRK, good community/developer support, strong support outside the crypto community.

Also interested in 2nd gen crypto's like nxt and mastercoin with explicit decentralised p2p exchange support.

Memorycoin looks interesting too.
thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:57:09 PM

Everyone knows Doge is a joke - good for short speculation but unlikely to sustain long term traction.

Worldcoin has good marketting but not much else particularly innovative to differentiate it - as for FIAT access Quark already has that through several exchanges.

Besides which lots happening with Quark.

Just today: QRK on BTC38.com the largest Chinese exchange.

For more see:

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1vl9lo/china_loves_quark/
http://www.quarkcoin.cc/

Frozen looks like a Quark fork. Limited supply may help its value. If you're interested best get on board before Cryptsy add it.

As for me I like QRK, good community/developer support, strong support outside the crypto community.

Also interested in 2nd gen crypto's like nxt and mastercoin with explicit decentralised p2p exchange support.

Memorycoin looks interesting too.

Seriously? Quark is the biggest scam and pump and dump coin out there. Dogecoin has much hashpower, very stability.

Doge: 46.96 Ghash/s
Quark: 2.8 Ghash/s

i can rent this1
Fiku

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:06:44 PM

Seriously? Quark is the biggest scam and pump and dump coin out there. Dogecoin has much hashpower, very stability.

Words of a fool. If you think a coin based on a meme will succeed, god help you. Dogecoin was built to be stupid and fun, correct me if i'm wrong, but Dogecoin was literally the biggest pump and dump when it first started.

Do your research on Quark before you decide on writing any more inept comments about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: