Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on when BTC will reach $1000 again?  (Read 10338 times)
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:36:58 AM

Sixth of January 2014.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:02:02 AM

Someone posted this link earlier

Best analysis to me so far.
That post comes from me [Germany]
Yes, it`s really the best longterm-chart

That's a good graph. Shows where the "value zones" are as well.

In the end, I don't worry about bubbles. Anything that increases in price from $1 to  $800 in a couple of years is doing fine.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:28:40 AM

It's new year! Everyone get your bull on. The correction is off and we're going to the oort cloud. Way over the exponential trend. We're going to trend exponentially on an exponential scale. Let's make a log chart of the log chart. 2014 baby!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:33:40 AM

It's new year! Everyone get your bull on. The correction is off and we're going to the oort cloud. Way over the exponential trend. We're going to trend exponentially on an exponential scale. Let's make a log chart of the log chart. 2014 baby!

Yep - enough of this Christmas "sideways trending" - time to move it on up!
sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:53:31 AM

I sense a hint of sarcasm
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:00:50 AM

I sense a hint of sarcasm

Its very hard to tell with bitcoiners Wink
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:26:13 PM

If btcs fall in value due to regulations or protocol problems then it is a bubble.

No, this is not what would make it a bubble - the exact opposite is the case.
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:28:16 PM

It looks like we are in a gentle upward climb from the low point. Frankly, I prefer this to the wildly climbing prices we've had in the past that were unsustainable. According to my projection chart below we should hit $1000 on Mt. Gox on January 13th. This of course is barring any unforeseen news.

This is pretty much what I meant when I said "January; February latest" - you put it into mathematics.

Keep the unexpected news in mind though, true!

We will see how it plays out and if we are right.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:45:59 PM

It looks like we are in a gentle upward climb from the low point. Frankly, I prefer this to the wildly climbing prices we've had in the past that were unsustainable. According to my projection chart below we should hit $1000 on Mt. Gox on January 13th. This of course is barring any unforeseen news.

This is pretty much what I meant when I said "January; February latest" - you put it into mathematics.

Might get wobbly from next week on as more people buy in, and then as we approach 1,000 I guess some more might sell off, although it seems like most are content to sit tight.

I do predict one thing with absolute certainty. If this line continues to the weekend you will see an increase in posts screaming "Low volume!", "Manipulation!", "Mac-Ds on the EM 74 calling bear market, Roger!", etc. as those who have waited for the last drop to the $300s try hard to justify why they should be able to buy in at lower prices. The FUD will increase this weekend as it is the last chance for a no-reason panic sell; afterwards we are properly into January 2014 and the small shoot of a line that has developed over the past couple of weeks will steadily gain support as it grows into a good strong tree in the early months of the year!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:37:28 PM

Might get wobbly from next week on as more people buy in, and then as we approach 1,000 I guess some more might sell off, although it seems like most are content to sit tight.

I do predict one thing with absolute certainty. If this line continues to the weekend you will see an increase in posts screaming "Low volume!", "Manipulation!", "Mac-Ds on the EM 74 calling bear market, Roger!", etc. as those who have waited for the last drop to the $300s try hard to justify why they should be able to buy in at lower prices. The FUD will increase this weekend as it is the last chance for a no-reason panic sell; afterwards we are properly into January 2014 and the small shoot of a line that has developed over the past couple of weeks will steadily gain support as it grows into a good strong tree in the early months of the year!

To be quite honest, I did think it looked like manipulation. The line is going up just too evenly with a few exceptions. But I think if that's the case it won't result in a big crash. I don't think anyone can manipulate down to 300 though. Some big news like the US government clamping down would be needed for it to go down to that from here on out.
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

I like to add this to the graph:
So, every "chrash" of the BTC-Price happened to be inside the 2 ascending lines.
We have a very stable bullish trend. even a 90 % (!!!) dip won`t harm  BTC.
Interpretation of the professional chartanalyst of Godmode-trader.de by 18/11/2013
A Rally acceleration is going on which could push up the Price up to the potential trendchannel top at about 2.400 to 2.600 Dollar.
From there could start a correction which might be finished in the bullish Version in a few month at an high Level.
After that another Rally acceleration is possible.
Prices up to 15.000 or 100.00 Dollar seem to be utopic at this time but from the chart-analytic Point of view they are possible without any Problems.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:57:29 PM

will never be 1000 usd, it back to 10 usd

http://invezz.com/news/forex/7726-bitcoin-usd-will-plummet-to-dollar-10-by-first-half-of-2014-predicts-risk-management-expert

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378368.0

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
flynn

Merit: 540

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:18:56 PM

The expert is right. He is only talking about mBTC though. So $10 is a fair price.

intentionally left blank
btcprice

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:58:10 PM

I like to add this to the graph:
So, every "chrash" of the BTC-Price happened to be inside the 2 ascending lines.
We have a very stable bullish trend. even a 90 % (!!!) dip won`t harm  BTC.
Interpretation of the professional chartanalyst of Godmode-trader.de by 18/11/2013
A Rally acceleration is going on which could push up the Price up to the potential trendchannel top at about 2.400 to 2.600 Dollar.
From there could start a correction which might be finished in the bullish Version in a few month at an high Level.
After that another Rally acceleration is possible.
Prices up to 15.000 or 100.00 Dollar seem to be utopic at this time but from the chart-analytic Point of view they are possible without any Problems.

Even on a non-logarithmic scale, the "crash" in April of 2013 and the most recent one still didn't bring the level down to what it was before the crash like it did in summer of 2011. That tells me there is some inherent investment value in the market.
btcprice

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:39:42 AM

So far today the bitcoin price climb is going at an orderly pace. If it continues this way for the next 2 weeks we will hit 1000. Since it was at 800 yesterday (12/31/2013) that would mean a 25% return on investment after just 2 weeks. I'm thinking about buying more.

Of course, nothing says it has to continue like this. Many things can happen in the next 2 weeks to change this orderly progression.
TERA

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:38:03 AM

I want to hear your thoughts on when btc will reach 1000 bucks again, feel free to share.

Here is a chart I made on December 17th. Before BTC fell below 500 the following day.

According to my observations it could be anywhere between mid January and June 2014.  Unless we hit another bull market, then it could take only a couple days. If that happens we maybe headed back to the moon.  Wink

Seems like a reasonable chart. But a chart that says we will hit $1000 again between January and June doesn't really tell me I couldn't guess anyway Wink

How did you come to your conclusions for the chart? Is it based on resistance and support levels or basically just random "angles" for the lines?
Guys I need charts with at least this many lines, but preferably 5 times as many lines. Oh, and the moon. Don't forget the moon, and the oort cloud is required also.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:56:09 AM

Guys I need charts with at least this many lines, but preferably 5 times as many lines. Oh, and the moon. Don't forget the moon, and the oort cloud is required also.

Don't worry Tera, we've got a space kept warm for you on the oort cloud!  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dg2010

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:59:37 AM

I will say $1000 before the end of March.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:51:18 AM

Before the end of January.
Fripper

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:33:13 PM

My guess is before the end of january, actually around the 15th.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: