Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:52:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 Tips & Tricks  (Read 106562 times)
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:48:38 AM

Do I get it right, that if I solder 10k resistor to Ant (https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/blob/master/manual/AntMiner-U1%20user%20guide.pdf)
I can increase frequency to +- 350Mhz and mine more than normally?

Did someone tried it?
chromosoma

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:01:44 AM

it is not clear what voltage do you need for what frequency.
I tried it, read about my attempts few pages before;)
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:15:43 AM

it is not clear what voltage do you need for what frequency.
I tried it, read about my attempts few pages before;)
Yea, I know, I just I guessed it...

I tried to find more about it (and I missed page with your post, lol) Cheesy
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:26:08 AM

I do not like bfgminer as much as cgminer. for one thing if you have alot of pools in your .conf it crashes trying to go to the pool options in the client, where cgminer runs smooth. I tried switching to bfgminer for the superior ant experience described but found it very frustrating. I will just run my be's and ants on seperate comps until I sell off all be's or until cgminer makes a new version with ant and be support. I was using bfgminer 3.10.0 i 3.9.0 more stable with alot of pools? by chance if anyone knows..

I've never found bfgminer to be unstable in comparison to cgminer. Cgminer is one problem after another for me. I don't know why, as it used to be the goto miner.

have you tried it with more than a couple of pools? cgminer has had no problems with as many pools as I want (if a pool goes down, or I want to switch coins, I do not want to shutdown the miner to switch) butbfgminer doesnt play nice with alot of pools, so far anyway. I am in the process of editing 3 .conf files with 6/6/5 pools each for bfgminer, so as to just swap them in and out when I need to, as 6 pools loaded is fine, I can switch easily between pools or management strategies that way. but it would be nice if it would just play nice (it will load and hash with the 17 pools in the conf, it crashes if I type "p" to go change them however.

I have had the exact opposite experience as yourself. from day one cgminer has always worked and pretty well for me with any mining, but bfgminer is always one more little glitch, edit, headache lol

The .conf files might be your problem, as I launch mine using batch files to set all the parameters. I have never had more than about 5 pools in bfgminer at once though, between the launchtime pools, and ones I added manually while bfgminer was running.
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:29:26 AM

If someone  manages to  overclock Antmineru1 to  stable 4GHS, please let us know:)
I am going to watercool mine and hardware mod them. I will definitely try and hit 4GHs. I won't settle for less than 3.6GHs though.
doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:47:19 AM

I do not like bfgminer as much as cgminer. for one thing if you have alot of pools in your .conf it crashes trying to go to the pool options in the client, where cgminer runs smooth. I tried switching to bfgminer for the superior ant experience described but found it very frustrating. I will just run my be's and ants on seperate comps until I sell off all be's or until cgminer makes a new version with ant and be support. I was using bfgminer 3.10.0 i 3.9.0 more stable with alot of pools? by chance if anyone knows..

I've never found bfgminer to be unstable in comparison to cgminer. Cgminer is one problem after another for me. I don't know why, as it used to be the goto miner.

have you tried it with more than a couple of pools? cgminer has had no problems with as many pools as I want (if a pool goes down, or I want to switch coins, I do not want to shutdown the miner to switch) butbfgminer doesnt play nice with alot of pools, so far anyway. I am in the process of editing 3 .conf files with 6/6/5 pools each for bfgminer, so as to just swap them in and out when I need to, as 6 pools loaded is fine, I can switch easily between pools or management strategies that way. but it would be nice if it would just play nice (it will load and hash with the 17 pools in the conf, it crashes if I type "p" to go change them however.

I have had the exact opposite experience as yourself. from day one cgminer has always worked and pretty well for me with any mining, but bfgminer is always one more little glitch, edit, headache lol

The .conf files might be your problem, as I launch mine using batch files to set all the parameters. I have never had more than about 5 pools in bfgminer at once though, between the launchtime pools, and ones I added manually while bfgminer was running.

I just edited 3 confs 6/6/5 and it works fine, I switch them out if necessary (easier to keep organized for me than a bunch of .bat or cmd)  I am loving the low error rate on bfgminer, but still looking forward to a vs of cgminer with better support. Smiley

doctormandrake

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:01:52 AM

how do you use the api to switch pools?

echo -n "{\"command\":\"switchpool\",\"parameter\":\"2\"}" |nc localhost 4089

ty much Cheesy
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:09:23 PM

echo -n "{\"command\":\"switchpool\",\"parameter\":\"2\"}" |nc localhost 4089

FINALLY!!!
Never figured out how to use the api, even after reading the documentation (which made me more confused... :p)
Thanks!!

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:49:11 PM

They're now mining using bfgminer 3.10.0 stock.

EDIT: Install the drivers here beforehand: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx
Don't have any of them plugged in when you install it.
Sp00n1980

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:44:50 PM

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster  Cool

i am having issues with running 1 antminer with my 3 BE's, it seems i can either run my antminer (@2gh/s) or if i run all 4 i get  1.4Gh/s  Huh

i admit i am really new to this and copied fractalbc's config file(from page 13), but i still cannot get it to work right and i am at a loss  Huh

i am using cgminer, and win7

i am really struggling, any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance  Cool
lajz99 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:43:00 PM

Is anyone up and running on minepeon with the newest update??  Need deets!

Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:23:30 AM

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster  Cool

i am having issues with running 1 antminer with my 3 BE's, it seems i can either run my antminer (@2gh/s) or if i run all 4 i get  1.4Gh/s  Huh

i admit i am really new to this and copied fractalbc's config file(from page 13), but i still cannot get it to work right and i am at a loss  Huh

i am really struggling, any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance  Cool

Try using bfgminer 3.10.0. Install that silicon labs driver first though. Also make sure you uninstall all the zadig bullshit. It should run with the following batch file just fine:

Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u 19gu3jok7czATPb5TR8EMMuQu8qrQ5e34B_2 -p x --no-opencl-binaries -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981
pause

An explanation for the above code, as I hate it when someone posts something, but doesn't explain why they did something some way:

'bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334' starts bfgminer and connects it to the eligius mining pool.
'-u 19gu3jok7czATPb5TR8EMMuQu8qrQ5e34B_2' is the username, with eligius, your payout address is your username.
'-p x' is the password. On eligius anything works for a password.
'--no-opencl-binaries' keeps it from trying to mine with my GPU.
'-S antminer:all' tells bfgminer to scan for the antminers upon startup, otherwise you would have to hit "m""+""all" to add them.
'--set-device antminer:clock=x0981' sets the clockspeed of the hashing chip, using some kind of internal lookup table. x0981 sets it to 2GHs, the clockspeed of which is derived by dividing your hashrate by the number of cores on the chip (unknown.)
kfactor

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:27:44 AM

Is anyone up and running on minepeon with the newest update??  Need deets!

I've been running minepeon with bfgminer-npw-antminer for 2 weeks without issue, so haven't installed 10.x or even followed the release - anything new (read: exciting) in it besides ant support?
Sp00n1980

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:34:05 AM

i am having issues with running 1 antminer with my 3 BE's, it seems i can either run my antminer (@2gh/s) or if i run all 4 i get  1.4Gh/s  Huh

i admit i am really new to this and copied fractalbc's config file(from page 13), but i still cannot get it to work right and i am at a loss  Huh

i am really struggling, any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance  Cool

Try using bfgminer 3.10.0. Install that silicon labs driver first though. Also make sure you uninstall all the zadig bullshit. It should run with the following batch file just fine:

Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u 19gu3jok7czATPb5TR8EMMuQu8qrQ5e34B_2 -p x --no-opencl-binaries -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981
pause

An explanation for the above code, as I hate it when someone posts something, but doesn't explain why they did something some way:

'bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334' starts bfgminer and connects it to the eligius mining pool.
'-u 19gu3jok7czATPb5TR8EMMuQu8qrQ5e34B_2' is the username, with eligius, your payout address is your username.
'-S antminer:all' tells bfgminer to scan for the antminers upon startup, otherwise you would have to hit "m""+""all" to add them.
'--set-device antminer:clock=x0981' sets the clockspeed of the hashing chip, using some kind of internal lookup table. x0981 sets it to 2GHs, the clockspeed of which is derived by dividing your hashrate by the number of cores on the chip (unknown.)

Many thanks for the reply  Grin

just trying it now .... well my antminer is running at spped, but my BE's dont apear to be  Huh

i must have missed something
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:38:15 AM

Code:
pause

just trying it now .... well my antminer is running at spped, but my BE's dont apear to be  Huh

Are your block eruptors showing up at all, or are they just hashing at the wrong speed?
Sp00n1980

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:51:21 AM

Code:
pause

Are your block eruptors showing up at all, or are they just hashing at the wrong speed?

yeah for some reason none of them worked .... then i managed to get 1 working by adding  -S erupter:all to the bat file, so i then added --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --icarus-timing 2.5=90 now all 3 BE's and the antminer are working  Grin ... but my ant is only making 0.99/1.06/1.87Gh/s  Huh ... but its working  Cheesy
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:04:57 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 01:24:21 AM by Walking Glitch

Code:
pause

Many thanks for the reply  Grin

just trying it now .... well my antminer is running at spped, but my BE's dont apear to be  Huh

yeah for some reason none of them worked .... then i managed to get 1 working by adding  -S erupter:all to the bat file, so i then added --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --icarus-timing 2.5=90 now all 3 BE's and the antminer are working  Grin ... but my ant is only making 0.99/1.06/1.87Gh/s  Huh ... but its working  Cheesy

You may want to try two instances. Start the antminer one first, then disable the block eruptors, then start the block eruptor instance, and make sure it's not seeing the antminer.

EDIT: The reason neither of them are working properly together is because of the icarus timings. Set it properly for a block eruptor, and it pushes work at the proper intervals for the eruptors, but it starves the antminers. If you have it pushing work at the rate the antminers need, then it overloads the block eruptors.

EDIT EDIT: One last thing to try is using "-S all" instead of "-S antminer:all"
chromosoma

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:14:16 AM

That is strange.
I juts cant run all 4 Antmners at 2 GHS.

3 of them are supplied with power through my 600W PSU (PCI USB 3.0 extension card).
the other one grabs  its energy through usb 3.0 Hub.
But still one random miner has  about 10% HW and runs at 1.8 GHS, while others have 0% HW at 2GHS.

Every time I start BFGMINER  it is always a new miner.

Any solutions?=)

BTW i am mining solo as  lottery ticket:)
doctormandrake

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:05:29 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 03:02:53 AM by doctormandrake

That is strange.
I juts cant run all 4 Antmners at 2 GHS.

3 of them are supplied with power through my 600W PSU (PCI USB 3.0 extension card).
the other one grabs  its energy through usb 3.0 Hub.
But still one random miner has  about 10% HW and runs at 1.8 GHS, while others have 0% HW at 2GHS.

Every time I start BFGMINER  it is always a new miner.

Any solutions?=)

BTW i am mining solo as  lottery ticket:)

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O user:password -S erupter:all -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 --icarus-options 115200:2:2 --icarus-timing 2.5=90      << set as a .bat or .cmd   

once everything is up and stable, pull each ant out, itll say "off" wait 30 seconds, put it back in. do this til you find the one that is running slow, mark it somehow. the miner reassigns the order based on which responds first on startup, not which port it is in on your end, so it is likely that one of the miners just performs slower than the rest. slowly unplugging then plugging them in fixed this same issue for one of my ant miners, now all get 1.99-2.02 gh sharrate and avg. It sounds like the one on the 3.0 extension is underpowered for 2gh and the hw errors back that up. 
Korxax

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:28:30 AM

Man, that sounds like a horrible thing to have to live with... Kudos for picking yourself back up and just getting on with things!

I was using v3 of nwools' bfgminer build, but have just switched over to v3.10.0 of the official build which seems to be working equally well (get it here)

Before using it you need to go into device manager and uninstall the drivers for each antminer (make sure you tick the box to delete the drivers when you do it), then install the VCP driver again. When you've done that, unplug the hub and plug it back in and it should detect the antminers again.
You don't need to mess around with that zadig nonsense now... It should be ready to rock if you just run bfgminer with a command line like the following;

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://sha-256.megamultipool.com:5000 -u myusername.myworkername -p mypassword -S antminer:all -S all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

Enjoy the playoffs!

I finally got a chance to switch to bfgminer from cgminer...  and um... yeah... much better!  Thanks for the help!

And yeah, the headaches are absolute torture that no one that doesn't get them can possibly understand.  I've talked to women that have gone through natural childbirth that say their cluster headaches are much worse.  Happily I have  great family and a truly exceptional wife.  There are plenty of times I would like to end it all, but at those times I usually don't have the energy to follow through with it, and I don't want to do that to my family, or frankly my dog.  The family would understand, the dog wouldn't and she takes very good care of me.  She even occasionally warns me when one is about to hit me.  Sadly my dog is getting old, 13 and a half now and last summer she got very sick, we thought we were going to lose her.  $10,000+ later (and of course my wife lost her job shortly after that and it took 5 months to find a new one, but she's worth every penny, we'll get it paid off eventually) she seems to be doing very well health wise, however last week she lost her second eye so she is totally blind now.  We don't know if the illness had anything to do with it or not, but her she developed really extreme glaucoma in one eye last fall causing her a lot of pain.  She blew some blood vessels in the eye and couldn't really see out of it anymore so we decided to just remove it to stop the pain.  3 weeks later she detached the retina of her other eye so she was pretty much blind from then on.  2 weeks ago she developed the same extreme glaucoma in the other eye, very swollen and painful so since she couldn't really see anymore anyway we decided to take the other eye a week ago Friday.  She definitely seems to be feeling better now though! she just gets lost sometimes so I get to be her seeing eye person.  So yeah, I get pretty down sometimes, but I try to enjoy the times I'm feeling good.  Life goes on, just make the best of the good times.  the headaches have slowed down a lot, I'm only getting one every few weeks now, though I still have a constant sort of mild migraine it's still much better than it has been.  And I'm hopeful I will get another complete remission for a few years.  That happens from time to time too.  I've had them since I was 8, and the longest remission I've had was around 5 years.  So hopefully I have one of those on the way soon after 12 years of not having one.  Grin  That would be nice!

Sorry if I'm oversharing... sometimes it helps to just dump it out on complete strangers.  I hate to dump it on my family or my wife since they already have to put up with me.

Anyway, love the ants and bfgminer looks to be far superior to cgminer at this stage.  So far my average speed looks like it is 2ghps faster across 6 ants overclocked at 2Ghps, so like getting one of them free in comparison to cgminer.  and no hardware errors yet.  In cgminer over 4 days of continuous running only 1 of the ants had less than 1000 errors.

I'm going to go pet my dog now   Wink

Korxax

1NtV1q29FtRAYAkMJHMYbASZLiLur2FQe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: