Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 428339 times)
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:07:03 AM

watch. they will jump in as soon as it shows difficulty drop

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
invisibel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:04:14 AM

Thanks alot, now some idiot won't stop posting this comparison on the do/g/ecoin thread.
Thanks a lot for telling people good news about TIPS? What? You obviously aren't a TIPS miner.

i am sorry but:

pools are mining at low difficulty 10 blocks super fast, while rest of regular miners doing hard job mining another 10 blocks under 160-190 diff super slow, so you can't put 30.0000 difficulty at field, if you put the correct true values it is only 1,33$ per day compared to 6,5$ Doge
It's still people mining behind the pools though, and if multipools are choosing to mine TIPS then that just further proves we're the most profitable coin.

Anyway I've got a very nice announcement to make soon, something that show blow people away. If you want to hear more join us on IRC.

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:07:18 PM

you also not have to think these jumps in diff are only the known multipools.
There are guys already have ASIC´s for scrypt coins and have the power to do
switch their miners to the most profitable coins. These ASIC will destroy the
dezentralicised communitys and will let grow to centralised big investors that
can control the scrypt coins with their ASICS.

Small miners using GPUs will only pay for electricity and wont get enough coins to cover their
bills. You should also think about switching to some coins wich are ASIC resistant.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:31:09 PM

Small miners using GPUs will only pay for electricity and wont get enough coins to cover their
bills. You should also think about switching to some coins wich are ASIC resistant.

i think vertcoin is asic and multipool resistant..i have invested there.
yufeiyun30

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:31:28 PM

+1
spiz0r

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:40:07 PM

Bet on the NFL Super Bowl with TIPS https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=442201
Accepted MOON, NAN, EAC, TIPS, LOT, POT, SMC

ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:47:40 PM

take a look at NOBL, noble coin, more buyers than sellers

http://postimg.org/image/4psf00n65/

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
invisibel (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:27:45 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:55:25 PM by invisibel

02 February 2014 - FedoraCoin announces world first coin mixing feature and beta release.
Mixing beta is released on IRC in #team-tips on freenode, a web-client is at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#team-tips

Now that we've had confirmation it works, time to announce the new feature we've been working on.

As you can see at the image at http://imgur.com/TjgdW4h, a new "Mix Coins" option has been added to the wallet.

That's right, you can now mix coins directly from the wallet! Coins you send to people can be transparently sent to a mixing node, which will then queue the transaction and every 7 minutes send the queued transactions out to the destinations. RPC consumers can also make sure of the mixing feature by setting the "mix" parameter in the sendtoaddress/sendfrom/sendmany commands to true.

In case you don't know what coin mixing is, it allows you to mix up the coins you send to someone and make their origin completely untraceable.

Right now we only have one mixing node online which is operated by me. By release we hope to be able to support many mixer nodes, so long as they get approved by the development team first. Allowing anyone to start a mixing node would be nice but there's a lot of risks that involves... If in the future we can mitigate those risks we will do it as soon as we can, but the current architecture doesn't really lend itself to having completely trust-less coin mixing.

Why?
What with governments and other entities starting to become more and more aware of cryptocurrencies it's become apparent that they, along with services such as Coin Validation, seek to disturb the pseudo-anonymous nature of cryptocurrency. By attempting to track down coins and keep a paper trail of where they've been, they're trying to turn cryptocoins into another glorified credit card provider, allowing governments, law enforcement officers and people-with-the-right-friends to track down where you've spent your coins at.

Hearing about this unsettled me, it seemed to me like they almost wanted to destroy the very nature of cryptocoins. I first heard about this when I started using StableCoins, the developer of that coin had announced plans for a mixing feature of his own, giving a detailed write up about why it's needed (the writeup is available at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353971 it's a very good read and should help you realize why mixing features are important).

As a holder of StableCoins I waited a long time for the mixing feature of StableCoin to come about, but after some sad months of waiting and hearing almost nothing from the developer, I decided to try adding it myself. After around a day or so of straight coding (and energy drink abuse Wink) FedoraCoins mixing feature was born.

Release information
A release will be coming very soon, I only have to clean up a few rough parts on the wallet, add multi-mixing node support and ensure everything works. Once all that's done we can make a full public release.

Until that time there's a beta version available for testing on IRC. Join the room #Team-TIPS on freenode to take part.
The beta currently only supports the mixing nodes that I operate, but the full public release should either allow you to choose what node to use, or choose the node randomly (haven't decided yet, join #Team-TIPS if you have any ideas!)

Also, for anyone wondering, this doesn't cause a hard fork Wink I worked hard to ensure that older clients will still accept mixed transactions, and it looks like that work paid off.

A small note: Due to this feature not being planned from the outset of FedoraCoin there was no pre-mine or even any attempts to gather coins for the mixer. The beta node currently has around 10 million TIPS to mix with, which is hardly a lot considering many people own 500 million or more.

If you feel that this mixing idea would be good for FedoraCoin feel free to donate to the mixer node, the main address used by it is ETSzZNZyAt1XhbKUReneEb5YkmMjVXTzBy

Technical explanation / use case
Mixing nodes are split into two parts, a sender node and a receiver node, these two nodes are in two different locations completely apart from each other and only communicate to each other via Tor.

Alice sends a transaction to Bob's address with the mix option turned on
Transaction is sent out (transparently) to the mixing receiver nodes address, to Alice it'll show in history as a transaction sent to the mixer.
Transaction outputs in the transaction are exploited to store the mixing data (to allow older clients to accept the transaction), encrypted with the receiver nodes public key.

Receiver node receives the transaction and decrypts the destination addresses with its private key
(at this stage the Receiver node knows Alice's address, Bob's address and the amount)

Receiver node checks if the sender node has enough coins, using RPC over Tor. If it doesn't the sent coins are refunded.

Receiver node queues the transaction.

Every 7 minutes on the receiver node, the node sends all the queued transactions to the sender node via RPC, over Tor to ensure their communication is private.
(once the queued transactions are sent the receiver node removes all traces of the decrypted transaction data, only storing hashes of the transaction ID and destination address to aid with problems such as missing coins. Since they're hashed there's no way to identify where they were going unless you already know the destination)

Sender node's RPC daemon receives the send coin request and checks the RPC connection info (user/pass/etc) to ensure it's from the receiver. If it's invalid it disregards it.
(at this stage the Sender only knows Bob's address and the amount, not Alice's address)

Sender node sends the coins as a normal transaction to the destination address (the sender node would also have all of it's balance split between different addresses for extra security)

Bob receives the coins, with no connection to Alice recorded on the blockchain at all.
Alice's address is recorded to have used the coin mixer, but thanks to the public-key encrypted transaction info the destination of the coins cannot be found.

Risks
Node may be compromised:
- The Receiver doesn't send any communications out to the network at all, it only listens to the network.
  The only communications it makes are to the Sender over Tor, so there is no way to trace it back and find where the Receiver node is

- The only node that would be connected to the destination is the Sender, so any investigators would only be able to track the Sender (if at all)

- The Sender node only knows about the destination address and the amount, not who sent it

- The sender of the coins (Alice) can rest assured that nobody would be able to find out that they sent the coins, unless the Receiver node was compromised, which is an almost 1 in a billion chance as it only listens to the network and communicates over Tor.

Thanks for reading this, I hope you'll find coin mixing as useful as I've designed it to be!

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
invisibel (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

Also forgot to mention, we will likely be using the gravity well algo in the next public update, unless anyone has any major issues with it. From what I've seen coins that use the gravity well algo no longer have trouble with multipools.

So before the gravity well is implemented get mining! The difficulty is still low right now so you can make quite a lot of TIPS while helping the network out too!

mdawg

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:49:10 AM

Also forgot to mention, we will likely be using the gravity well algo in the next public update, unless anyone has any major issues with it. From what I've seen coins that use the gravity well algo no longer have trouble with multipools.

So before the gravity well is implemented get mining! The difficulty is still low right now so you can make quite a lot of TIPS while helping the network out too!

ABOUT time thats what everyone here really wanted to see!

invisibel (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:09:22 AM

ABOUT time thats what everyone here really wanted to see!
I need to do some more research first to make sure it'll be good for us but it'll definitely be in the next update. Once it's released we'll probably give people a week to update to it before the difficulty changes take effect, if you haven't updated by that time you'll be stuck on an different chain to the rest of us, so be sure to keep up to date!

xtreme1280

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:16:32 AM

The mixing feature sounds great.  Thanks for the hard work.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:33:59 AM

Very good news! While change of the diff algo is a must, your mixing service is just mind blowing - thanks for this!
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:40:24 AM

How the hell is this the first coin mixing service.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402095.0

Seriously.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:42:12 AM

Seriously.
It's just announced (since months). Nobody knows if even one line of code is written so far. TIPS mixing is currently in a running beta. You get the idea...
Throne

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:43:40 AM

Invisibel

You rock!! I'm sure the community appreciates all that you're doing. Fedora is a coin with a real future. Keep up the outstanding work.  
mdawg

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:49:46 AM

So we have about two weeks to mine and buy as many coins as we can before the price sky rockets.  Good luck everyone.

invisibel (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:54:25 AM

Seriously.
It's just announced (since months). Nobody knows if even one line of code is written so far. TIPS mixing is currently in a running beta. You get the idea...
Exactly, as a holder of StableCoins myself I've been waiting on it's mixing service to come about with great hopes for it. Sadly it seems that the developer announced it and hasn't done much since. The beta signups were a good step in the right direction but I haven't heard anything since then.

I'm not sure what's taking them so long, the way I implemented it in FedoraCoin is almost exactly the same way they planned it for StableCoin, but we managed to get a actual proof of concept running in less than 6 hours, with a working usable beta running in less than half a day. Compare this to StableCoins 6+ months of waiting and you'll see why I'm surprised it's taking them so long.

I actually hope that StableCoin manages to bring it out soon because I'm interested in how they plan on implementing it, the way that artos originally described seemed good on paper but when it came down to developing it I realized it'd require everybody to be running the latest version, which would be a miracle in the world of cryptocoins (There's still people running FedoraCoin 0.43, which is 2 versions older than the current version!)

I wish the best to all StableCoin holders. Maybe now that there's a competitor with an actual working mixing service this will help to bring StableCoins service up and running soon.

xtreme1280

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:06:48 AM

Seriously.
Exactly, as a holder of StableCoins myself I've been waiting on it's mixing service to come about with great hopes for it. Sadly it seems that the developer announced it and hasn't done much since. The beta signups were a good step in the right direction but I haven't heard anything since then.

I'm not sure what's taking them so long, the way I implemented it in FedoraCoin is almost exactly the same way they planned it for StableCoin, but we managed to get a actual proof of concept running in less than 6 hours, with a working usable beta running in less than half a day. Compare this to StableCoins 6+ months of waiting and you'll see why I'm surprised it's taking them so long.

I actually hope that StableCoin manages to bring it out soon because I'm interested in how they plan on implementing it, the way that artos originally described seemed good on paper but when it came down to developing it I realized it'd require everybody to be running the latest version, which would be a miracle in the world of cryptocoins (There's still people running FedoraCoin 0.43, which is 2 versions older than the current version!)

I wish the best to all StableCoin holders. Maybe now that there's a competitor with an actual working mixing service this will help to bring StableCoins service up and running soon.

Well that proves how good of a job you and your team are doing.  Able to get a usable beta running in less than a day is outstanding.  Thanks for your hard work on FedoraCoin.
btc4ever

Activity: 321

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:16:28 AM

Qs:

1) Does either party (sender or receiver) have to be running Tor?   ( if so, that seems like a barrier to use. )

2) What happens if either party is not running Tor?

3) Any chance of send-by-mixing becoming the default?   This would greatly improve fungibility of the coins.

4) I would suggest creating new APIs rather than adding new params.  The reason is that many people are writing tools that interact with multiple coins and pretty much expect the bitcoin RPC API.    And unfortunately named params (json 2.0) are not supported yet.

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: