Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 439149 times)
hercules1600

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:38:05 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 06:00:22 AM by hercules1600

Just my 2 TIPS but im not a fan of the upside down hat. Seems kind of beggy. Im sure a lot of time was put in, nothing personal.
I am also not really a fan of any of whats happening lately, besides development.

Looks like a lot of people got in to Fedoracoin TIPS since it got on to cryptsy, but there were people supporting from before that, back when it was worthless. Now that it has a bit of value lets rebrand and here are my logo ideas?

Logo ideas a plenty where submitted long ago, invisible is in charge of that so up to him, but so many supporters from the beginning seem to be getting pushed out, or at least forgotten about.

Well maybe it is up to invisible, has anyone jumped on the IRC to chat and throw the ideas around there, it has more of the people behind the coin more often then these forums.

Either way I think there is way to much focus about how there needs to be rebranding, hate to use examples of other coins but....

Dogecoin......it is a dog..no rebrand was necessary for it.

What is going to make this coin is people standing behind it, doing what they can to use the coin, spend it, play games, sell things, spread word about the coin, explain why it is better....

Coin mixing feature....first ever done and done.
Payment platform.......to simplify paying with crypto coins, lessen server load for transactions, new type of platform
The fact that it is in any way, whether shorthand or longhand, referred to as TIPS.......thats sweet
There are 500 billion total coins..........meant to use, not to hoard

We should focus on the spread and positive features of the coin, not the aspects we dislike. Those things should be stated, don't get me wrong, they can always be helpful and show insight, but then back to the positive and wait to find out what happens on your negative comment. Maybe throw a PM or email to someone that could solve your issue, like the Dev, and if they see it to be in the correct path for the coin im sure they will move forward with the idea, whether new logo, or rebrand, or whatever the case may be.

A Tip of the hat and a wag of the doge :p

AND

The paper wallet is up and functional which is awsome for all uses of the coin.

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pugwalker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:51:03 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 07:01:41 AM by Pugwalker

look guys lets take a cleaver to this thing
remove every reference to fedora, "E", Atheism, hats, technology

make it about as mainline as possible so people understand OK THIS IS FOR TIPPING

no fancy logo with hd textures and top hats

kinda like this
https://i.imgur.com/iuPDBuz.jpg

very simple
NO ORANGE thats a ugly color plain and simple

the website looks like crap to
to be honest with you
nobody would seriously use it as a tipping currency in its current state

it has to look clean
everything about this screams programmer

the future for this coin is i want to see this coin under dogecoin like another tipping option
at the bottom of blog articles. because doge is already there in terms of a tipping coin nothing you can do about it. im not even a doge shill

nobody bought this coin because they thought the fedora thing was funny
this coin had only like 3 guys on /g/ who used it at one point
so youre not losing anyone in that department

they bought it because there was a price spike, there is a competant active dev and because tipping  (and now coinmixing)

as for the guy above me.. if they dont get this marketing right then the whole coin stagnates and dies
wheres all the growth gonna come from? everything weve done so far hasnt worked because the coin isnt broad appeal

we need a community of big time tippers and forcing tips on people FREE MONEY right
crowdfunding etc this is where the advertising comes from but if someone receives a tip
and sees a freaking ugly orange fedora reddit theyre gonna be like wtf is this crap i dont care about this
we want them to stick around and have fun and tip other ppl :]  

they dont have to be a technology wizard from 4chan to understand the coin

of course this is just if you want this to be a real coin and not just a pump and dump where literally 90% of the people are only in so they can dump it when it spikes
srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:06:55 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 08:10:00 AM by srs2xcvbnm

they don't have to be a technology wizard from 4chan to understand the coin

You implying?

>tipping intensifies

of course this is just if you want this to be a real coin and not just a pump and dump where literally 90% of the people are just in so they can dump it when it spikes

I would guess 70% of TIPS holders missed all the other trains, I expect a lot of dump.
Also, for actual dump it is a bit too late- those guys should have take their chance at 70-ish 2 weeks ago.
Also, there is a good reason to push the price extremely low right now, we don't need those weak hands.

and just for shits and giggles

>2012 +2
>not dumping your coins
>wow such holdan

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
kadz

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:54:29 AM

I got a short answer from CryptoCoinNews (crypto@cryptocoinsnews.com):

Dear Kadz,

We can do promo articles for 0.3 BTC per article.

srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:15:13 AM

Dear Kadz,

And this is what I expected.

Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:25:20 AM

Dear Kadz,

Funny, I even now wanted to post the very same thing  Grin
I also got a reply from them, every single word in that reply email was the same.

I don't think it would be a problem to find 10 people here who would contribute 0.03 btc each for this noble cause?
I certainly would.
vir6

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:26:58 AM

Dear Kadz,

Funny, I even now wanted to post the very same thing  Grin
I also got a reply from them, every single word in that reply email was the same.

I don't think it would be a problem to find 10 people here who would contribute 0.03 btc each for this noble cause?
I certainly would.

I'm not sure if it's worth it, they don't have a lot of traffic
Todorius

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:34:30 AM

But in case the other crypto news sites don't reply it would be a good start I suppose.
Far better than no article at all?

Also, is there a good writer amongst us who would be willing to write an article about tips
and emphasize our coin mixing uniqueness?
vir6

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:39:41 AM

But in case the other crypto news sites don't reply it would be a good start I suppose.

Also, is there a good writer amongst us who would be willing to write an article about tips

Yes sure it's still good

But we need to ask for donation then, we are about to buy votes to get on MINTPAL too so i will not be able to give BTC for both sorry.
withfedoraco.in

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

Hi guys,

It's been a while since we've checked in here, we've been so busy with the new example web app for w/ Fedoracoin.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you can do so here: http://example.withfedoraco.in/
It's basically a way for you guys to see how easy w/ Fedoracoin it makes to pay with Fedoracoin on the internet and for developers to see how easy w/ makes accepting them.

If you have any questions about the w/ Fedoracoin payment platform or the example app specifically, be sure to let us know!

As always, we appreciate your feedback here and on our feedback system: http://feedback.withfedoraco.in/

w/ Fedoracoin - The first Fedoracoin payment processor: http://pay.withfedoraco.in/
Developers can now sign up at http://dashboard.withfedoraco.in/
Todorius

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:56:22 AM

Yes sure it's still good

But we need to ask for donation then, we are about to buy votes to get on MINTPAL too so i will not be able to give BTC for both sorry.

I would be willing to donate a bit myself for the cryptocoinsnews article and organize a donation for the remaining btc.

What we would need for this article is the approved logo, with final approval from invisibel.
Then maybe Invisibel himself would be willing to summarize all relevant points and features about tips which we could then forward to cryptocoins news.
Or I could try to write an article myself based on Invisibels summarization, but nothing goes without invisibels approval and rough draft.
So I guess we'll have to wait until he shows up.
vir6

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:59:10 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 11:33:17 AM by vir6

2 things we need to do :

- Around 1.5 BTC to buy votes on MINTPAL and get listed as TIPS/BTC

- 0.3 BTC for an article on cryptocoinsnews.com

Here is a wallet for BTC : 1FzUzgxqjK6T9RKcCkPA9jT8JHbzuBSx8z

if you don't trust me you can pay directly here : https://www.mintpal.com/voting

And one for TIPS : EZFiuJ6AYmifrpAoRe9BFvkUdkC2fT8vPv

I am giving 0.25 BTC for MINTPAL votes.

Thank you all for you generosity, it will help us a lot.

EDIT: It seems MINTPAL is not a really good idea.
withfedoraco.in

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:04:12 AM

Another thing that might be worth mentioning: So far, 104 developers have signed up for w/ Fedoracoin.

If you want to start accepting Fedoracoin on your website, go to dashboard.withfedoraco.in to set up an account.
Once you do that, you'll have access to our documentation.

You'll also get a newsletter once in a while with platform updates (don't worry, we won't spam you. So far there have been 3 emails in total).

w/ Fedoracoin - The first Fedoracoin payment processor: http://pay.withfedoraco.in/
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:14:24 AM

2 things we need to do :

- Around 1.5 BTC to buy votes on MINTPAL and get listed as TIPS/BTC

- 0.3 BTC for an article on cryptocoinsnews.com

Here is a wallet for BTC : 1FzUzgxqjK6T9RKcCkPA9jT8JHbzuBSx8z

if you don't trust me you can pay directly here : https://www.mintpal.com/voting

And one for TIPS : EZFiuJ6AYmifrpAoRe9BFvkUdkC2fT8vPv

I am giving 0.25 BTC for MINTPAL votes.

Thank you all for you generosity, it will help us a lot.

This guy is legit. Owns a huge amount of TIPS and naturally want to make it successful. Often on the IRC channel.
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:15:47 AM

but nothing goes without invisibels approval and rough draft.

We need to ask invisibel politely to choose one additional person responsible for such decisions,
and having a final word on all this- just in case he is not around and some decision needs to be made.

We cannot afford waiting more than 24hrs for such things. Coin mixers are already around the corner,
while we cannot decide what is our final logo/name/graphic design, whatever- it is getting pathetic.
It is like all the developer's hard work- to get the whole thing working on time- is going to waste.

Our name and brand need to stand for something, and to attract some investors too.
Besides that it must be technologically innovative and fun to use.
If we won't get past those initial stages soon, all our efforts will mean shit, and soon to be forgotten under the layer(s) of dust.

This is the race gentlemen, if we are not moving forward, we are moving backward.

vir6

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:32:11 AM

Please take 10 secondes to vote :

http://strawpoll.me/1186249

thanks
withfedoraco.in

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:37:14 AM

Just because we're on a roll and a picture says more than 1000 words, here's a screenshot of the developer dashboard for the example.withfedoraco.in website:

Now, isn't that pretty!?!

Todorius

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:56:28 AM

but nothing goes without invisibels approval and rough draft.

We need to ask invisibel politely to choose one additional person responsible for such decisions,
and having a final word on all this- just in case he is not around and some decision needs to be made.

We cannot afford waiting more than 24hrs for such things. Coin mixers are already around the corner,
while we cannot decide what is our final logo/name/graphic design, whatever- it is getting pathetic.
It is like all the developer's hard work- to get the whole thing working on time- is going to waste.

Our name and brand need to stand for something, and to attract some investors too.
Besides that it must be technologically innovative and fun to use.
If we won't get past those initial stages soon, all our efforts will mean shit, and soon to be forgotten under the layer(s) of dust.

This is the race gentlemen, if we are not moving forward, we are moving backward.

Totally agreed, this is costing us valuable time.
While debating about final approval of the logo, etc, we could already have several articles written about us, propagate the new tips logo and rebranding, spread the word about the coin mixing.
It is taking way too long, and I fear other coins might steal us the show meanwhile. We definitely need someone for such decisions.
airman

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:11:53 AM

Hello,

I am following TIPS constantly because I can see that it has a good dev team and it's behind people that supports the coin and puts effort on it.

I was looking some posts regarding to pay some btc to add it into some exchanges. What I would say about this issue is that yes, cryptorush already has it, and having it in mintpal wouldn't make a big difference. It's almost newer than cryptorush and its volume is similar or lower. Looking more into this, I would suggest if we get to the point of paying any exchange to add it is to put together enough funds to add it to a better exchange, let's say bter or cryptsy for tips/btc. I don't know if any of those accepts any kind of payment to make sure it's added. I suppose they don't because otherwise some ideas like this one would have come up.

But adding it to mintpal is gonna cost us some btc's which I am not sure if will be worth.

One more thing also is that it shouldn't take too much time to choose basic things as logo's and stuff like that because to the new people who comes into the thread that seems that we are just in the beginning as we are taking 10 pages to choose a logo and TIPS is been alive for quite longer. Having said this, I would say that the last one looks very attractive and quite pro, it looks like it's been made by a person who has knowledge on logos and has taken some time to make it.

Another thing, the name is important and I would say that it stands better for TIPS than Fedora. Fedora has been a defeat and people who look at it is very aware that a brand has to be renewed to make sure and let new joiners see that this is pointing in a different direction and we want to forget about the previous steps that were made. Besides Fedora doesn't look like a really attractive name. If I told someone who is outside of cryptoworld about Fedora he/she would say WTF?? Ok freak, come with a different weird story next day. That previous thing sounds bad, but cryptocurrency is the future, and it will be pointing to the average person who hasn't got knowledge on codes and computers and all that. We want to make something that can be used for everyone, and I am not talking about TIPS, I am talking about the whole world of cryptos. I don't want to compare but why doge has had so much success. Because it's not about technical issues. Technical issues are important to those who are worried about having their money safe and anonymous, but TIPS at the moment has to be more worried about good marketing and expanding than tech things because even if they are a big progress which is a big progress, average people usually don't give a damn thing about these feautures.
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:20:31 AM

I posted this here but no mod has done anything with it, even for fedora http://forum.fedoracoin.net/index.php?topic=17.0

Well
Ive never created a forum sticky, been a mod or done this kind of thing. Id start a whole new forum for tips, but in doing so it would offend invisible and he could pull the plug.

We have all seen how disorganised this particular thread is. better then nothing. Ive seen some amazing ideas in the last 10 pages but there is no structure and those ideas are lost. Shame for now.

THIS IS HOW THE MARKETING ARM SHOULD BE RUN.....CAN A MOD PLEASE ORGANISE THIS.
Organise the community like an advertising agency I used to work at.

Bold type is the name of a sticky thread to be created by a mod

If there are advertising/ design or promotion areas you think we should be exploiting then, you talk about them in
step 1 Think tank thread Mods and Devs can read the problems or areas we should be targeting, then go the the Announcement thread to call on the community.
So lets say the Devs have a new feature for the coin that was brought to there attention in the think tank. It will be announced in
step 2 Announcements thread.
They announced coin mixing and want people to find out about it. We are also given a deadline.
The community then talks about who is the target audience in the
step 3 Target Audience thread
Once a decision is made on who we want to tell, we will know if we need a banner for a crypto news site, an email to an exchange or a twitter campaign etc.
We now know what we are selling and who we are selling to. This is where we split, Right brained people in the Creative threads. And the left brained people to step 6 Account handler thread. So in
step 4 Creatives Thread
The creatives thread is where we TALK only and have hand drawn ideas only.This prevents wasting the time of graphic designers and shit ideas being polished and agreed on. Keep it simple. The idea has to sound. Once we agree on an idea we write a summery/brief and take that idea to either the Art department or Copywriters thread.
step 5aThe Art department Thread for designers to be briefed correctly to create banners/ads/design. If a photo is needed we use our own photos for copyright reasons. The designer can ask for resource material here.
step 5b Copywriters thread for Email writing and social media copy. left brained people will do well here too. Then to
step 6 Account handler thread is where advertising space is researched, which website will take are ad. Emails and information to spread the message, what size banner do we need. Report back to the art department with specifications. Then if its a banner and we need funds, we tip. Once the amount is raised an Announcements is made in
step 7 Announcements thread at what time the tips will be sold, so we can create a buy wall and absorb the dump.

Once everything is created, a Mod or dev will post the ad/image/email/website/app/tweet lines etc in
step 8 Ad activist thread for you to spread over the internet. websites and links will be provided that came from the Account handler thread. Then to the chillout room to celebrate.
step 9 Chillout room thread where we post fun stuff and celebrate are success and achievements. If some flare war starts in a thread you come here, it's the sometimes fun to watch.

More departments will be added once we get the basics done. A thread for links for voting on the coin to be added to exchanges, research department for news and potential promotion areas, A thread for things for the twitter and Facebook to post.

This simple template and steps I hope will start to organise the community into a structured company.

Also, at some point a mod is going to have to create these sticky threads. Im sure the devs have a lot on there hands but ideally id like to see 10 mods covering all the time zones and watching this forum to report back to Devs. Communication is very important. I don't know how the mods will be picked, but I hope they have some forum management experience.
message to mod... keep the numbers in the title.

Questions
Why so many threads?
Well its to prevent us from confusing each other. We may have an idea then someone comes along 5 hours later prefers something else or brings up a new problem and we  go round in circles. Also we don't need to mix the advertising space finding and email writing together. Think of tips like a client of an advertising agency. This will also prevent wasting the time of designers with bad ideas. The designers are creative and MUST be involved with the coming up with an idea stage. If they're away photoshoping a bad idea we all lose.

Why can't we post photoshoped work in the Creative thread?
its to prevent a bad idea being polished and voted on based on the merit of its execution? Its idea first then execution.
Example: The fedora website is orange! I don't know why but it appears the idea is to copy bitcoin orange as the atheist E logo looks like the bitcoin logo. So the idea looks like "copy bitcoin". Thats a bad idea! Tips the brand is not a copy of anything. That idea should have never got to the execution phase. I want ALL the designers involved in the idea stage! said it again.

I have an idea and everyone hates it, how do I convince people to my way of thinking?
Well your idea isn't shit as long as its an idea. Does the idea have a reason? Is the idea relevant? Would your mother understand it without any explanation?

How do we know when to go to the next department?
A mod will announce the end of the task and move on to the relevant department. The mod will also write the brief for the next department. Consider it the final approval of that current task.

What do you mean by brief?
Once ideas in the creative department are flowing a mod will take the best idea and write up a brief for the designers to follow. Ill update with an example later. But the brief will have target audience info, objective, strategy and the idea explained in detail. Reasons for colour etc. Green tones for the website,  because it represents money and new! Target audience is the US as they are the biggest tippers, are just examples of things that could go on the brief.

We don't get payed why should I bother to help? You are being payed if you own TIPS. The harder you work now the more your tips will be worth in the future.

SO this is the marketing and promotion arm. We need a technology and development arm for the devs and like minded computer boffins. People have technology ideas then there needs to be structure like this. I
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: