Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:37:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 462242 times)
vir6

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:22:40 AM

Hello,

I am following TIPS constantly because I can see that it has a good dev team and it's behind people that supports the coin and puts effort on it.

I was looking some posts regarding to pay some btc to add it into some exchanges. What I would say about this issue is that yes, cryptorush already has it, and having it in mintpal wouldn't make a big difference. It's almost newer than cryptorush and its volume is similar or lower. Looking more into this, I would suggest if we get to the point of paying any exchange to add it is to put together enough funds to add it to a better exchange, let's say bter or cryptsy for tips/btc. I don't know if any of those accepts any kind of payment to make sure it's added. I suppose they don't because otherwise some ideas like this one would have come up.

But adding it to mintpal is gonna cost us some btc's which I am not sure if will be worth.

One more thing also is that it shouldn't take too much time to choose basic things as logo's and stuff like that because to the new people who comes into the thread that seems that we are just in the beginning as we are taking 10 pages to choose a logo and TIPS is been alive for quite longer. Having said this, I would say that the last one looks very attractive and quite pro, it looks like it's been made by a person who has knowledge on logos and has taken some time to make it.

Another thing, the name is important and I would say that it stands better for TIPS than Fedora. Fedora has been a defeat and people who look at it is very aware that a brand has to be renewed to make sure and let new joiners see that this is pointing in a different direction and we want to forget about the previous steps that were made. Besides Fedora doesn't look like a really attractive name. If I told someone who is outside of cryptoworld about Fedora he/she would say WTF?? Ok freak, come with a different weird story next day. That previous thing sounds bad, but cryptocurrency is the future, and it will be pointing to the average person who hasn't got knowledge on codes and computers and all that. We want to make something that can be used for everyone, and I am not talking about TIPS, I am talking about the whole world of cryptos. I don't want to compare but why doge has had so much success. Because it's not about technical issues. Technical issues are important to those who are worried about having their money safe and anonymous, but TIPS at the moment has to be more worried about good marketing and expanding than tech things because even if they are a big progress which is a big progress, average people usually don't give a damn thing about these feautures.

Yes i posted to fast, paying MINTPAL to get listed is not a very good idea.

But for the article it seems to be a good idea
DarkVenu

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:39:52 AM

Waiting Invisibel for key decisions

Vir6 : do NOT pay any small exchange...buy rather TIPS .

The best is yet to come
Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

Hello,

I am following TIPS constantly because I can see that it has a good dev team and it's behind people that supports the coin and puts effort on it.

I was looking some posts regarding to pay some btc to add it into some exchanges. What I would say about this issue is that yes, cryptorush already has it, and having it in mintpal wouldn't make a big difference. It's almost newer than cryptorush and its volume is similar or lower. Looking more into this, I would suggest if we get to the point of paying any exchange to add it is to put together enough funds to add it to a better exchange, let's say bter or cryptsy for tips/btc. I don't know if any of those accepts any kind of payment to make sure it's added. I suppose they don't because otherwise some ideas like this one would have come up.

But adding it to mintpal is gonna cost us some btc's which I am not sure if will be worth.

One more thing also is that it shouldn't take too much time to choose basic things as logo's and stuff like that because to the new people who comes into the thread that seems that we are just in the beginning as we are taking 10 pages to choose a logo and TIPS is been alive for quite longer. Having said this, I would say that the last one looks very attractive and quite pro, it looks like it's been made by a person who has knowledge on logos and has taken some time to make it.

Another thing, the name is important and I would say that it stands better for TIPS than Fedora. Fedora has been a defeat and people who look at it is very aware that a brand has to be renewed to make sure and let new joiners see that this is pointing in a different direction and we want to forget about the previous steps that were made. Besides Fedora doesn't look like a really attractive name. If I told someone who is outside of cryptoworld about Fedora he/she would say WTF?? Ok freak, come with a different weird story next day. That previous thing sounds bad, but cryptocurrency is the future, and it will be pointing to the average person who hasn't got knowledge on codes and computers and all that. We want to make something that can be used for everyone, and I am not talking about TIPS, I am talking about the whole world of cryptos. I don't want to compare but why doge has had so much success. Because it's not about technical issues. Technical issues are important to those who are worried about having their money safe and anonymous, but TIPS at the moment has to be more worried about good marketing and expanding than tech things because even if they are a big progress which is a big progress, average people usually don't give a damn thing about these feautures.

Agreed! The more articles are written about tips, the higher our exposure. This will bring us more than get listed on some quite new and yet unknown exchanges.

The guys from cryptocoinsnews just wrote me after I asked them what info they need and if we should write a rough draft for the article:

"As much info as possible yes. Write a rough draft, that would be good.
BTC address: 1LUS8zQv4SJQ2ddS1w2eeXQ1MhdevtE9KB"

That is their btc adress, they need a total of 0.3 BTC. We could send the BTC to vir6s btc adress (1FzUzgxqjK6T9RKcCkPA9jT8JHbzuBSx8z) and he then sends the btc to cryptcoins news?
Vir6, would you agree with that procedure?
I could in the mean time write a rough draft for the article.

What exactly would we want to mention?

I say in that article we should emphasize:
-Coin mixing as it is our unique feature as of now
-rebranding of the name to tips, show our new logo
-the tipping aspect of tips
-large number of coins, fair launch, no premine
-kimoto gravity well diff algo

What else?

Fayens

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

What?

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:57:08 AM

Community is present but not dev. That's why we go nowhere...

15 Pages about Logo.
15 Pages about Idea, Promotion, Marketing.

And no response from the dev!

Yesterday one of the dev have called me a thief (about the logo i made) in public on irc... I just want to laugh about that Grin
It's annoying to hear that, because i updated the template of r/fedoracoin... (an admin asked me to change the template and use the logo I made)

All effort for this! Huh

TIPS: EL3uQ4dXKyEKPxVkbtFv4AjsZMuhsZY67K • Thanks for the Tip
jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:02:54 PM

15 Pages about Logo.

Yesterday one of the dev have called me a thief (about the logo i made) in public on irc... I just want to laugh about that Grin
It's annoying to hear that, because i updated the template of r/fedoracoin... (an admin asked me to change the template and use the logo I made)

All effort for this! Huh

yeah i saw you got a bitchy comment on reddit in your update post. I believe thats the programer that built the fedora website. I say built because its not designed. there is a tipscoin subredit created by a tips activist but got shot down by that mod.

Some people have egos and get all delusional over there way of thinking. In the end its going to be tips.
airman

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:18:20 PM

Agreed! The more articles are written about tips, the higher our exposure. This will bring us more than get listed on some quite new and yet unknown exchanges.

The guys from cryptocoinsnews just wrote me after I asked them what info they need and if we should write a rough draft for the article:

That is their btc adress, they need a total of 0.3 BTC. We could send the BTC to vir6s btc adress (1FzUzgxqjK6T9RKcCkPA9jT8JHbzuBSx8z) and he then sends the btc to cryptcoins news?

What else?

I am sure this is a very good idea, I think we can collect 0.3 btc's. I can exchange some cryptsy points for btc's. It won't be too much but if all of us put a small amount we can reach 0.3 easily. A good idea also could be to make a fund to collect some millions of TIPS and make give aways. Let's say put 10 mill together or something like that and make giveaways of 10k to promote the coin and use it for TIPS. Anyone who owns a webpage for any busiiness and have any TIPS could have an API that accepts TIPS for donations. I don't know if there is any API for this but maybe the devs could make it.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:28:15 PM

I posted this here but no mod has done anything with it, even for fedora http://forum.fedoracoin.net/index.php?topic=17.0

Well
Ive never created a forum sticky, been a mod or done this kind of thing. Id start a whole new forum for tips, but in doing so it would offend invisible and he could pull the plug.

We have all seen how disorganised this particular thread is. better then nothing. Ive seen some amazing ideas in the last 10 pages but there is no structure and those ideas are lost. Shame for now.

THIS IS HOW THE MARKETING ARM SHOULD BE RUN.....CAN A MOD PLEASE ORGANISE THIS.
Organise the community like an advertising agency I used to work at.

Bold type is the name of a sticky thread to be created by a mod

If there are advertising/ design or promotion areas you think we should be exploiting then, you talk about them in
step 1 Think tank thread Mods and Devs can read the problems or areas we should be targeting, then go the the Announcement thread to call on the community.
So lets say the Devs have a new feature for the coin that was brought to there attention in the think tank. It will be announced in
step 2 Announcements thread.
They announced coin mixing and want people to find out about it. We are also given a deadline.
The community then talks about who is the target audience in the
step 3 Target Audience thread
Once a decision is made on who we want to tell, we will know if we need a banner for a crypto news site, an email to an exchange or a twitter campaign etc.
We now know what we are selling and who we are selling to. This is where we split, Right brained people in the Creative threads. And the left brained people to step 6 Account handler thread. So in
step 4 Creatives Thread
The creatives thread is where we TALK only and have hand drawn ideas only.This prevents wasting the time of graphic designers and shit ideas being polished and agreed on. Keep it simple. The idea has to sound. Once we agree on an idea we write a summery/brief and take that idea to either the Art department or Copywriters thread.
step 5aThe Art department Thread for designers to be briefed correctly to create banners/ads/design. If a photo is needed we use our own photos for copyright reasons. The designer can ask for resource material here.
step 5b Copywriters thread for Email writing and social media copy. left brained people will do well here too. Then to
step 6 Account handler thread is where advertising space is researched, which website will take are ad. Emails and information to spread the message, what size banner do we need. Report back to the art department with specifications. Then if its a banner and we need funds, we tip. Once the amount is raised an Announcements is made in
step 7 Announcements thread at what time the tips will be sold, so we can create a buy wall and absorb the dump.

Once everything is created, a Mod or dev will post the ad/image/email/website/app/tweet lines etc in
step 8 Ad activist thread for you to spread over the internet. websites and links will be provided that came from the Account handler thread. Then to the chillout room to celebrate.
step 9 Chillout room thread where we post fun stuff and celebrate are success and achievements. If some flare war starts in a thread you come here, it's the sometimes fun to watch.

More departments will be added once we get the basics done. A thread for links for voting on the coin to be added to exchanges, research department for news and potential promotion areas, A thread for things for the twitter and Facebook to post.

This simple template and steps I hope will start to organise the community into a structured company.

Also, at some point a mod is going to have to create these sticky threads. Im sure the devs have a lot on there hands but ideally id like to see 10 mods covering all the time zones and watching this forum to report back to Devs. Communication is very important. I don't know how the mods will be picked, but I hope they have some forum management experience.
message to mod... keep the numbers in the title.

Questions
Why so many threads?
Well its to prevent us from confusing each other. We may have an idea then someone comes along 5 hours later prefers something else or brings up a new problem and we  go round in circles. Also we don't need to mix the advertising space finding and email writing together. Think of tips like a client of an advertising agency. This will also prevent wasting the time of designers with bad ideas. The designers are creative and MUST be involved with the coming up with an idea stage. If they're away photoshoping a bad idea we all lose.

Why can't we post photoshoped work in the Creative thread?
its to prevent a bad idea being polished and voted on based on the merit of its execution? Its idea first then execution.
Example: The fedora website is orange! I don't know why but it appears the idea is to copy bitcoin orange as the atheist E logo looks like the bitcoin logo. So the idea looks like "copy bitcoin". Thats a bad idea! Tips the brand is not a copy of anything. That idea should have never got to the execution phase. I want ALL the designers involved in the idea stage! said it again.

I have an idea and everyone hates it, how do I convince people to my way of thinking?
Well your idea isn't shit as long as its an idea. Does the idea have a reason? Is the idea relevant? Would your mother understand it without any explanation?

How do we know when to go to the next department?
A mod will announce the end of the task and move on to the relevant department. The mod will also write the brief for the next department. Consider it the final approval of that current task.

What do you mean by brief?
Once ideas in the creative department are flowing a mod will take the best idea and write up a brief for the designers to follow. Ill update with an example later. But the brief will have target audience info, objective, strategy and the idea explained in detail. Reasons for colour etc. Green tones for the website,  because it represents money and new! Target audience is the US as they are the biggest tippers, are just examples of things that could go on the brief.

We don't get payed why should I bother to help? You are being payed if you own TIPS. The harder you work now the more your tips will be worth in the future.

SO this is the marketing and promotion arm. We need a technology and development arm for the devs and like minded computer boffins. People have technology ideas then there needs to be structure like this. I

I think you did a great job with your structure suggestion and I think it is necessary for our community to get going in that direction. I also posted a reply on the forum, hoping we start building that. And I suggest somebody who knows more than I do to write in a thread a list of who is who, who is developing, who is responsible for the reddit section and more importantly what positions do we need now, ie. marketing coordination, maybe one official person for each department to announce stuff and give green lights after decisions are made for example after writing the official letter we should be sending to the news sites. We should have this list and have it pinned in the forum so we can go back to it when needed so our work can be coordinated and channeled correctly and not losing the good ideas being suggested on this thread here.

"I would very much like to see this structure built into this forum so we can work in an organized and coordinated way. There were many good ideas suggested on the bitcointalk forum thread that are getting lost now, and we need a structure where we put the interesting ideas into a think tank group of threads to be discussed individually and then push them to the next level until the good ones get realized. The bitcointalk forum is good for ongoing hot discussions and announcements and mobilization, but to organize the ideas and have a structured flow of work that makes our community effective and progressive we need to have such a structure on the fedoracoin (TIPS now) forum page. I hope this gets done. Do we have at least a list of the names, who is who, who is managing the forum, who has the authority to do what, what other positions are needed so we elect people to take certain responsibilities and start building the structure? we need to do that now I suggest. I hope Invisible and those who have been leading the development upto now can chip in soon and give the green light and we get this thing to the next level!  Cool"
http://forum.fedoracoin.net/index.php?topic=17.msg46#msg46

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:30:38 PM

What else?

I am sure this is a very good idea, I think we can collect 0.3 btc's. I can exchange some cryptsy points for btc's. It won't be too much but if all of us put a small amount we can reach 0.3 easily. A good idea also could be to make a fund to collect some millions of TIPS and make give aways. Let's say put 10 mill together or something like that and make giveaways of 10k to promote the coin and use it for TIPS. Anyone who owns a webpage for any busiiness and have any TIPS could have an API that accepts TIPS for donations. I don't know if there is any API for this but maybe the devs could make it.

+1, I would also chip in for the 0.3BTC and bounties.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
jtbcoins

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:35:45 PM

I see there is some TIPS censorship on reddit. REMOVED.
vir6

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:37:25 PM

Hello,

What else?

Yes of course i can collect it.

- Maybe we should also say it's the 2nd most profitable coin to mine
- Growing community
- We need to contact withfedoraco.in (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=209409)

And i think someone who speak a perfect english should write the mail.

15 Pages about Logo.

All effort for this! Huh

I feel the same, we can do all we want to help TIPS but without Devs support it will be a problem.
kadz

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:38:58 PM

What else?

Isn't Darkcoin using the coin mixer yet? Even for free - TIPS fee is 2%.

kadz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:40:23 PM

I see there is some TIPS censorship on reddit. REMOVED.

It is already taken for crap -.- Unfortunately.

Todorius

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:41:20 PM

What else?

+1, I would also chip in for the 0.3BTC and bounties.

Nice man, nice! Powerful become, you have!
Now we basically need some dev stepping up and giving the green light. We need the green light now, an we can really start promoting the new tips with the new logo  Smiley
jtbcoins

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

there is this one, not ideal but at least its owned by one us now
http://www.reddit.com/r/tipsCoin/new/
kadz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:48:36 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 01:00:05 PM by kadz

Like I wrote there, it's not tipsCOIN.
Good to have a subreddit, but confusing to others.Sound like a completely new coin.

lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:53:35 PM

whats next after mixer

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
kadz

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

whats next after mixer

Hopefully a tipping bot.

And then maybe a TIPScard - hard plastic card (like credit card) like a paper wallet.
QR codes on receives.

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:29:54 PM

whats next after mixer

Hopefully a tipping bot.

And then maybe a TIPScard - hard plastic card (like credit card) like a paper wallet.
QR codes on receives.

TIPScard should be top of the list Smiley

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
id10tothe9

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:47:39 PM

Now we basically need some dev stepping up and giving the green light. We need the green light now, an we can really start promoting the new tips with the new logo  Smiley

Thanks my friend! I smell victory and triumph coming our way!
There is lot of potential and new territory where all this can go, success is now just a matter of hard and organized work. And I think with the good devs doing the amazing core work, and then the active community and the amazing skills that have shown up, TIPS will be strong and very successful and more importantly, do really useful service in the world which is the ultimate goal I believe. not short term gains, but long term success and services.

Good to have a subreddit, but confusing to others.Sound like a completely new coin.

somebody suggested 'TIPS - The Internet Payment System', I suggest this would be best, and maybe add (Fedoracoin previously) temporarily to remove confusion. Then put the link in the old subreddit to redirect the readers to the new page.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Todorius

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:11:55 PM

Thanks my friend! I smell victory and triumph coming our way!
There is lot of potential and new territory where all this can go, success is now just a matter of hard and organized work. And I think with the good devs doing the amazing core work, and then the active community and the amazing skills that have shown up, TIPS will be strong and very successful and more importantly, do really useful service in the world which is the ultimate goal I believe. not short term gains, but long term success and services.

somebody suggested 'TIPS - The Internet Payment System', I suggest this would be best, and maybe add (Fedoracoin previously) temporarily to remove confusion. Then put the link in the old subreddit to redirect the readers to the new page.

Yes, why not make a subreddit with 'TIPS - The Internet Payment System' instead of just TIPS, which apparantly is already taken. The redirect from the old subreddit is also a good idea.
The one responsible for the reddit here could get started right away if we had the approval of the Dev. Let's get this done people !
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: