Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 442481 times)
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:13:15 PM

I posted this here but no mod has done anything with it, even for fedora http://forum.fedoracoin.net/index.php?topic=17.0

Well
Ive never created a forum sticky, been a mod or done this kind of thing. Id start a whole new forum for tips, but in doing so it would offend invisible and he could pull the plug.

We have all seen how disorganised this particular thread is. better then nothing. Ive seen some amazing ideas in the last 10 pages but there is no structure and those ideas are lost. Shame for now.

THIS IS HOW THE MARKETING ARM SHOULD BE RUN.....CAN A MOD PLEASE ORGANISE THIS.
Organise the community like an advertising agency I used to work at.

Bold type is the name of a sticky thread to be created by a mod

If there are advertising/ design or promotion areas you think we should be exploiting then, you talk about them in
step 1 Think tank thread Mods and Devs can read the problems or areas we should be targeting, then go the the Announcement thread to call on the community.
So lets say the Devs have a new feature for the coin that was brought to there attention in the think tank. It will be announced in
step 2 Announcements thread.
They announced coin mixing and want people to find out about it. We are also given a deadline.
The community then talks about who is the target audience in the
step 3 Target Audience thread
Once a decision is made on who we want to tell, we will know if we need a banner for a crypto news site, an email to an exchange or a twitter campaign etc.
We now know what we are selling and who we are selling to. This is where we split, Right brained people in the Creative threads. And the left brained people to step 6 Account handler thread. So in
step 4 Creatives Thread
The creatives thread is where we TALK only and have hand drawn ideas only.This prevents wasting the time of graphic designers and shit ideas being polished and agreed on. Keep it simple. The idea has to sound. Once we agree on an idea we write a summery/brief and take that idea to either the Art department or Copywriters thread.
step 5aThe Art department Thread for designers to be briefed correctly to create banners/ads/design. If a photo is needed we use our own photos for copyright reasons. The designer can ask for resource material here.
step 5b Copywriters thread for Email writing and social media copy. left brained people will do well here too. Then to
step 6 Account handler thread is where advertising space is researched, which website will take are ad. Emails and information to spread the message, what size banner do we need. Report back to the art department with specifications. Then if its a banner and we need funds, we tip. Once the amount is raised an Announcements is made in
step 7 Announcements thread at what time the tips will be sold, so we can create a buy wall and absorb the dump.

Once everything is created, a Mod or dev will post the ad/image/email/website/app/tweet lines etc in
step 8 Ad activist thread for you to spread over the internet. websites and links will be provided that came from the Account handler thread. Then to the chillout room to celebrate.
step 9 Chillout room thread where we post fun stuff and celebrate are success and achievements. If some flare war starts in a thread you come here, it's the sometimes fun to watch.

More departments will be added once we get the basics done. A thread for links for voting on the coin to be added to exchanges, research department for news and potential promotion areas, A thread for things for the twitter and Facebook to post.

This simple template and steps I hope will start to organise the community into a structured company.

Also, at some point a mod is going to have to create these sticky threads. Im sure the devs have a lot on there hands but ideally id like to see 10 mods covering all the time zones and watching this forum to report back to Devs. Communication is very important. I don't know how the mods will be picked, but I hope they have some forum management experience.
message to mod... keep the numbers in the title.

Questions
Why so many threads?
Well its to prevent us from confusing each other. We may have an idea then someone comes along 5 hours later prefers something else or brings up a new problem and we  go round in circles. Also we don't need to mix the advertising space finding and email writing together. Think of tips like a client of an advertising agency. This will also prevent wasting the time of designers with bad ideas. The designers are creative and MUST be involved with the coming up with an idea stage. If they're away photoshoping a bad idea we all lose.

Why can't we post photoshoped work in the Creative thread?
its to prevent a bad idea being polished and voted on based on the merit of its execution? Its idea first then execution.
Example: The fedora website is orange! I don't know why but it appears the idea is to copy bitcoin orange as the atheist E logo looks like the bitcoin logo. So the idea looks like "copy bitcoin". Thats a bad idea! Tips the brand is not a copy of anything. That idea should have never got to the execution phase. I want ALL the designers involved in the idea stage! said it again.

I have an idea and everyone hates it, how do I convince people to my way of thinking?
Well your idea isn't shit as long as its an idea. Does the idea have a reason? Is the idea relevant? Would your mother understand it without any explanation?

How do we know when to go to the next department?
A mod will announce the end of the task and move on to the relevant department. The mod will also write the brief for the next department. Consider it the final approval of that current task.

What do you mean by brief?
Once ideas in the creative department are flowing a mod will take the best idea and write up a brief for the designers to follow. Ill update with an example later. But the brief will have target audience info, objective, strategy and the idea explained in detail. Reasons for colour etc. Green tones for the website,  because it represents money and new! Target audience is the US as they are the biggest tippers, are just examples of things that could go on the brief.

We don't get payed why should I bother to help? You are being payed if you own TIPS. The harder you work now the more your tips will be worth in the future.

SO this is the marketing and promotion arm. We need a technology and development arm for the devs and like minded computer boffins. People have technology ideas then there needs to be structure like this. I

I think we should develop a list of people in this thread that are capable/willing to do the tasks outlined above.  If you possess the skillset please speak up in this thread.  Anyone willing to make contributions to a fund to compensate (Tip) these people would also be a good idea.  Lets get this rolling right away!

Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:14:03 PM

We have made headway!!!!

First I would like to publicly apologize to Fayens.  I made him a mod to the Reddit site so he could spruce up the site.  I didn't' discuss this with the dev team and they revoked both of our access and pretty much called him out on it.  Fayens, I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I hope you can forgive me and the devs and are willing to come back and help. Smiley  Your coin is awesome.  Please accept my token of gratitude.

Thank you to vir6, cryptostoner, and RSPS for their full support in our irc chat "discussion".

We spoke to the devs and they are uneasy in the name change, and have taken a stand that the name will not be changed.  (Still no word from invisibel, though).

HOWEVER....

They have compromised and have agreed to let us take the reins for marketing if and only if we market the coin as TiPS with (a.k.a. FedoraCoin).  I think that's fair... and I really don't see an issue with it.  We're rebranding but also letting the customer know that the coin is also known as FedoraCoin.

That being said, we now have a green light to proceed as TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin). 

There is another graphic artist nerd_name working on the advertisement of this coin.  Here is some of his art work.

I think we should bring him into the mix and tweak his vision to fit more in line with TiPS.

Here are the links to his work:
http://imgur.com/a/mRfFM
https://i.imgur.com/eF7wADP.png

All major decisions and correspondence should occur here (and not this BitcoinTalkThread)
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tips

Please join and frequent the site if you want to impact major decisions.  jtbcoins...  that means you Smiley  I nominated you to be our marketing leader. Smiley

That is perfect, but what about Fayens coinlogo:

This would basically mean that we can't use it, is that right? That's kinda sad because I thought that this logo is totally awesome.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:23:28 PM

buying tips at cryptorush  Smiley

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:28:45 PM

This would basically mean that we can't use it, is that right? That's kinda sad because I thought that this logo is totally awesome.

+1

DarkVenu

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:58:33 PM

+1

+2

I would like see this logo on the wallet .
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

can the new scrypt N be added to hinder asics?
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:37:52 PM

What about Fayens logo...

We change it to add FedoraCoin... in a discrete manner (to compromise)

I'm already advertising it as is, however, with this ad.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.4180

I posted this in the PandaCoin 2.0 thread.

For Adaptive-N.
We have an extremely responsive dev team.  If this is something worth pursuing, they will do it.
They implemented Kimoto Gravity Well in a week.  They can make things happen fast.

Feel free to change the above ad and disperse at your will.

just remember to keep the a.k.a. portion in text.
mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:39:01 PM

If we upgrade to Adaptive-N

I would have to find the miner executables for that algorithm and link to them from our reddit site..... with default batch files (containing our mining pool info).

Plus I've also heard people's GPUs have fried with that algorithm, so we have to make sure we have correct settings.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

If we upgrade to Adaptive-N

I would have to find the miner executables for that algorithm and link to them from our reddit site..... with default batch files (containing our mining pool info).

Plus I've also heard people's GPUs have fried with that algorithm, so we have to make sure we have correct settings.

That whole fring must be a fud. Scrypt N is even using less power than normal scrypt.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:50:00 PM

For Adaptive-N.
We have an extremely responsive dev team.  If this is something worth pursuing, they will do it.
They implemented Kimoto Gravity Well in a week.  They can make things happen fast.

That logo looks great.  The only issue is still referencing fedoracoin.  Who has the authority to make a decision on this and other issues?  We don't want to present conflicting images to the community.

mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:53:24 PM

For Adaptive-N.

That logo looks great.  The only issue is still referencing fedoracoin.  Who has the authority to make a decision on this and other issues?  We don't want to present conflicting images to the community.

We have already got greenlight to proceed with "TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin)"

Dev team is comfortable with this.  We will get further instruction when invisibel comes back from sabbatical.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:59:52 PM

so for the 0.3BTC for the cryptocoinnews, we should send BTC to the address here? http://fedora-foundation.net/advertisment.html
or can we also send TiPS to the advertisement wallet on the same site?

ps. so why TiPS is written with a lower case 'i'? and what was the idea behind the name FedoraCoin? (I'm not sure what's the meme going on behind it, or is it related to the linux OS?)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
hercules1600

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:15:41 PM

Hey for the logo is it possible to see it it other colours?

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:28:01 PM

so for the 0.3BTC for the cryptocoinnews, we should send BTC to the address here? http://fedora-foundation.net/advertisment.html

ps. so why TiPS is written with a lower case 'i'? and what was the idea behind the name FedoraCoin? (I'm not sure what's the meme going on behind it, or is it related to the linux OS?)

It was based on this meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tips-fedora

We're pushing TiPS because it's more universally known.  We want to make this the currency for tipping waiters / waitresses, etc.
mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:29:06 PM

Hey for the logo is it possible to see it it other colours?

For marketing purposes, everything is under discussion.. to a certain extent.  We want to keep TiPS as promoted name, but we must still mention FedoraCoin roots.
srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:32:38 PM

Our path is bright ahead, and all is clear.

We are TIPS (aka FedoraCoin) and any other detail is irrelevant now.

I don't want to see any more discussion over it, until of course, developer(s) him/them selves decide after
copious amounts of community talk about changing anything.

We have compromise, and a great one! LETS F***IG USE IT FINALLY!

Spread the word people, write, tweet, send TIPS to other people, make jokes, memes and all that stuff!

THE TIME IS NOW !
Let's make history of coins today!

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:41:30 PM

Our path is bright ahead, and all is clear.

We are TIPS (aka FedoraCoin) and any other detail is irrelevant now.

I don't want to see any more discussion over it, until of course, developer(s) him/them selves decide after
copious amounts of community talk about changing anything.

We have compromise, and a great one! LETS F***IG USE IT FINALLY!

Spread the word people, write, tweet, send TIPS to other people, make jokes, memes and all that stuff!

THE TIME IS NOW !
Let's make history of coins today!

+1
mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

Thank you.

Everything is under discussion for future modification, but we have our banner, so let's wave it proudly.
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:53:47 PM

Keeping the fedoracoin part will keep this coin down in my opinion, oh well guess price won't be skyrocketing anytime soon

Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:54:00 PM

I've sent it to http://fedora-foundation.net/advertisment.html
I think that's the best solution Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: