Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:36:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 464870 times)
Todorius

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:57:08 PM

Our path is bright ahead, and all is clear.

We are TIPS (aka FedoraCoin) and any other detail is irrelevant now.

I don't want to see any more discussion over it, until of course, developer(s) him/them selves decide after
copious amounts of community talk about changing anything.

We have compromise, and a great one! LETS F***IG USE IT FINALLY!

Spread the word people, write, tweet, send TIPS to other people, make jokes, memes and all that stuff!

THE TIME IS NOW !
Let's make history of coins today!

That's the spirit !!!
Tips FTW !!!
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

We've spiked 4 readers in 5 minutes Smiley  Keep it going folks, we'll reach 1000 milestone very quickly.

1000 Readers by March 1st Giveaway!
50000 TiPS to all members who sign the official thread!
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/

id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:10:55 PM

so for the 0.3BTC for the cryptocoinnews, we should send BTC to the address here? http://fedora-foundation.net/advertisment.html
or can we also send TiPS to the advertisement wallet on the same site?

ps. so why TiPS is written with a lower case 'i'? and what was the idea behind the name FedoraCoin? (I'm not sure what's the meme going on behind it, or is it related to the linux OS?)

It was based on this meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tips-fedora

We're pushing TiPS because it's more universally known.  We want to make this the currency for tipping waiters / waitresses, etc.

thanks. I know about tipping waiters/waitresses I think this would be awesome and posted about creating a wallet for that purpose. but didn't know it's written with a lower case 'i'?!

btw. check this out!!! http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=tips%20fedora

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Todorius

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:26:11 PM

Alright, we decided to collect 0.3 BTC to get an article on cryptocoinsnews.

For your information 0.3 BTC is around 30 Millions TIPS at the moment.

We need to send a rough draft to cryptocoinsnews and they will write it, here are some points we think it's important to be in the article, feel free to add anything :

- Coin mixing as it is our unique feature as of now
- the tipping aspect of tips
- large number of coins, fair launch, no premine
- kimoto gravity well diff algo
- Maybe we should also say it's the 2nd most profitable coin to mine
- Growing community
- We need to mention withfedoraco.in and what they are doing for the community with their great service !

Also it would be great if someone with a perfect english could send the email (it's more serious)

Here is the donation page : http://fedora-foundation.net/advertisment.html

Thanks everyone.

We've got 2/3 of the required amount already. Nice!! This community rocks!
So, as I suppose that the last third of the 0.3 btc will be completed fairly quickly, we could already try to find someone willing (and skilled enough)
to prepare a rough draft for the article? It should cointain the above mentioned points.
mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:27:15 PM

so for the 0.3BTC for the cryptocoinnews, we should send BTC to the address here? http://fedora-foundation.net/advertisment.html
or can we also send TiPS to the advertisement wallet on the same site?

ps. so why TiPS is written with a lower case 'i'? and what was the idea behind the name FedoraCoin? (I'm not sure what's the meme going on behind it, or is it related to the linux OS?)

It was based on this meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tips-fedora

We're pushing TiPS because it's more universally known.  We want to make this the currency for tipping waiters / waitresses, etc.

thanks. I know about tipping waiters/waitresses I think this would be awesome and posted about creating a wallet for that purpose. but didn't know it's written with a lower case 'i'?!

btw. check this out!!! http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=tips%20fedora

This community is awesome, GO GO GO!
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:48:10 PM

Great work.  Has everything been patched up with the guy who designed the images/people removed as mods on reddit?

They were doing good work, and could be an integral part of moving the community forward.

mardaed

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:54:09 PM

Fayens?

No I contacted him, but no response.  I hope he still wants to give it a go, because we can sure use him!
srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:58:59 PM

HOLY CRAP !

>2010+4
>not tipping fedora

tipping intensifies

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
relb

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:00:31 AM

I noticed your strawpoll thing;  It said "what would you rename FedoraCoin to?"
 ...didn't have "leave everything the fuck alone" as an option, i'm sure lots of people including the devs and I would have chosen it.  I agree 100% with the devs on leaving the name.

BTW invisibel has disappeared for weeks at a time.  It's the reason we did the "community takeover" which made this coin what it is now... before most of you heard of FedoraCoin or TIPS, you were still playing with barbie dolls and I had already had mined 250 million Fedoras.  Keep the TiPS and all the silly acronyms I've got BTC's.   Tongue

Everyone is running around changin stuff and you don't even have a plan yet. Patience!  like I said this coin was originally as much of a joke as dogecoin, then invisibel PURCHASED the rights to it, and now everyone is trying to fuck with everything.  Seems like you guys are finally coming to a consensus anyway, that's nice

Just don't fuck up my fedoracoin bro.

As you can see this coin is now TIPS - not Fedoracoin anymore.
Look at the thread name and the official homepage.

I do believe the exchanges, pools and my wallet call this coin Fedoracoin.  Which goes great with TIPS.  If you don't get it you don't need to.  It was just a little pun.  stop thinking so hard about this lol. and sorry you missed it at 3 satoshi's for like 3 weeks  Tongue
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:05:27 AM

I noticed your strawpoll thing;  It said "what would you rename FedoraCoin to?"
 ...didn't have "leave everything the fuck alone" as an option, i'm sure lots of people including the devs and I would have chosen it.  I agree 100% with the devs on leaving the name.

BTW invisibel has disappeared for weeks at a time.  It's the reason we did the "community takeover" which made this coin what it is now... before most of you heard of FedoraCoin or TIPS, you were still playing with barbie dolls and I had already had mined 250 million Fedoras.  Keep the TiPS and all the silly acronyms I've got BTC's.   Tongue

Everyone is running around changin stuff and you don't even have a plan yet. Patience!  like I said this coin was originally as much of a joke as dogecoin, then invisibel PURCHASED the rights to it, and now everyone is trying to fuck with everything.  Seems like you guys are finally coming to a consensus anyway, that's nice

Just don't fuck up my fedoracoin bro.

As you can see this coin is now TIPS - not Fedoracoin anymore.
Look at the thread name and the official homepage.

I do believe the exchanges, pools and my wallet call this coin Fedoracoin.  Which goes great with TIPS.  If you don't get it you don't need to.  It was just a little pun.  stop thinking so hard about this lol. and sorry you missed it at 3 satoshi's for like 3 weeks  Tongue

What could be more democratic than the community voting on the direction of the coin?  I don't care if you have 250 or 250 million coins.  If this coin is simply left alone and things continue as they have, then Tips will continue to sink to the bottom.  When you bought the coin, or what you paid for it is totally irrelevant.  

Patience is the last thing I would recommend.  Have you noticed how Darkcoin has been doing?  They are the primary competition.

Pick a name, logo, and patch things up with people like Fayens that were making huge contributions to the coin.  He had some talent, and several other people with marketing background seem to have good business acumen.

relb

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:25:47 AM

What could be more democratic than the community voting on the direction of the coin?  I don't care if you have 250 or 250 million coins.  If this coin is simply left alone and things continue as they have, then Tips will continue to sink to the bottom.  When you bought the coin, or what you paid for it is totally irrelevant.  

Patience is the last thing I would recommend.  Have you noticed how Darkcoin has been doing?  They are the primary competition.

Pick a name, logo, and patch things up with people like Fayens that were making huge contributions to the coin.  He had some talent, and several other people with marketing background seem to have good business acumen.

Nothing wrong with a vote and discussion.  What I mean is the "leave name alone" wasn't a choice. not democratic.  well, about as democratic as your government is.  Pick red or blue haha.. 

Darkcoin is new.  This coin has already been to the moon and back, for now it's stabilized in lower outer orbit.  It can go up again, and it more than likely will.  For that my friend, you need patience. if you want instant success like Darkcoin or whatever go for another coin launch.  But I haven't even looked at this darkcoin yet but i bet it will go up...  then down...  then up, then down...  ppl are in this for profit, not because they think the store will accept darkcoins or whatever

Investors want a STABLE coin, not a just hype.   and yes marketing is very important, but it has to come with patience too. 
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:55:25 AM

Nothing wrong with a vote and discussion.  What I mean is the "leave name alone" wasn't a choice. not democratic.  well, about as democratic as your government is.  Pick red or blue haha.. 

Darkcoin is new.  This coin has already been to the moon and back, for now it's stabilized in lower outer orbit.  It can go up again, and it more than likely will.  For that my friend, you need patience. if you want instant success like Darkcoin or whatever go for another coin launch.  But I haven't even looked at this darkcoin yet but i bet it will go up...  then down...  then up, then down...  ppl are in this for profit, not because they think the store will accept darkcoins or whatever

Investors want a STABLE coin, not a just hype.   and yes marketing is very important, but it has to come with patience too. 

I disagree with pretty much everything you said.  Not entirely sure why you are trying to throw daggers.  Pick red or blue?  What does that have to do with anything?

The poll had Fedora as an option, which was the equivalent of leave the coin alone.  Most people selected another name.  Expecting to hit lighting in a bottle again just because dogecoin started as a joke and went mainstream is unlikely.  TiPS makes much more sense and distances itself from religious undertones that some may find offensive.

Darkcoin may very well go up and down repeatedly.  Every coin does.  You brag about having 250 million coins, but don't know anything about the chief rival to this coin.  They have a much more effective marketing plan, which is really the only difference.

TiPS has great branding potential.  Fedoracoin doesn't have anything.  Using TiPS for micro payments and tipping people makes a lot of sense.  The profit you speak about won't come until this coin is re-branded, has been effectively marketed, a re-designed logo, and leadership from the development team.  Leaving this coin on its current path would be flushing your money down the toilet.

sibilant_doge

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:02:25 AM

People need to start printing QR codes with 50k tips and leaving them on the table at restaurants, with redemption instructions on the back.
Mk2vr6

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:11:51 AM

People need to start printing QR codes with 50k tips and leaving them on the table at restaurants, with redemption instructions on the back.

Very good idea!
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:16:42 AM

Oh boy...
sibilant_doge

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:18:01 AM

Oh boy...
just don't be a dick, make sure you leave a few dollars too, and wrap it in the QR code.
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:32:11 AM

Lol'd at this coin been to the moon and back, 3 or 4 satoshis is the moon? Mooncoin is even worth more and its a shitcoin with nothing to offer and barely any difference in total amount of supply

BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:34:26 AM

Just wait..if devs ever change the name, theres a lot of community support here.

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:52:16 AM

I have watched this coin fall from 100 to 70 to 50 to 40 over the course of a month.  Owning a lot of these coins it is just dissapointing.  All this thread has been in the last 30 pages is fighting over a symbol and a name.  I don't know how that is supposed to inspire confidence.  Making the coin Multipool resistant and the coin mixing were fantastic additions from the DEV but after both the value further decreased.  I see tons of support of many people posting things like I can't believe there is talk about price with all these features.  But straight downhill day after day does not help, please point this thing in the right direction and get everyone on the same page.   Good luck.

nico12321

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:30:53 AM

That is perfect, but what about Fayens coinlogo:

This would basically mean that we can't use it, is that right? That's kinda sad because I thought that this logo is totally awesome.

Logo is too dark. Too much color gradients. The big problem with printing forms, banners, stickers, because the logo contains gradients and halftones. Just as it is impossible to print an image of an elephant triad colors gray, it will either pink or blue.

Good idea with the shield - http://imgur.com/a/mRfFM. Mixing function - not so much hiding, but security.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: