Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 461045 times)
kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:22:09 PM

Guys! On which exchanges TiPS is traded?

Is it better to trade LTC/TiPS or BTC/TiPS?

Coinedup TIPS/DOGE and TIPS/LTC
Cryptorush TIPS/BTC and TIPS/LTC also TIPS/DGC

Should I buy LTC with BTC, and then thigh the LTC TiPS? Consider to buy at cryptsy...

Fargusson

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:29:23 PM

Also I conducted a small experiment.

I have asked 300 people hat they think of when you say fedora, or fedoracoin.

The answer shockingly was "I think of the hat"

I can honestly say only 6 out of 300 people even mentioned the neckbeard nonsense.

So just so everyone knows, the big marketing choice to change it to TIP's clearly had no real world research to it. You guys are just taking the coin and going in the direction YOU all feel is right. I started on this thread with constructive critisism but it was left unheard. Keep up the shit work. I hope when invisibel gets back he demolishes these nonsense plans leading to nowhere for days on end.

I don't understand. If no one knows FedoraCoin, why is it a bad idea to change the brand to TiPS ?
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:30:36 PM

Is there a working block explorer?  I'm missing tens of thousands of Fedoracoin sent from multipool to Cryptsy over the last day or so... Sad
Anyone?

ask multipool... they are real slow right now apparently....

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:31:11 PM

I can honestly say only 6 out of 300 people even mentioned the neckbeard nonsense.

So just so everyone knows, the big marketing choice to change it to TIP's clearly had no real world research to it. You guys are just taking the coin and going in the direction YOU all feel is right. I started on this thread with constructive critisism but it was left unheard. Keep up the shit work. I hope when invisibel gets back he demolishes these nonsense plans leading to nowhere for days on end.

I don't understand. If no one knows FedoraCoin, why is it a bad idea to change the brand to TiPS ?

The coin should be TIPS
jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

http://strawpoll.me/1167333/r
kadz

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:37:03 PM

+1

r-ando

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:04:22 PM

its either drop the fedora or drop the Tips denomination.... fedora is the name recognition, which isn't giving the coin that much right now but its still very important... Tips is marketable as an idea for a tipping coin, however the idea behind this could be flawed/incomplete because people tip with what they pay with, right....? So by calling this a tipping coin we are limiting its application to tipping for things which people don't pay for. Unfortunately, people usually tip at restaurants, etc... at places where we pay, the barber shop/hair cutter, but where we want to support someone even more than what they are asking for.
So the idea of a tipping only coin doesn't make sense. But its a beginning of a community!

What makes sense it to have a story about how it started as a community tipping coin, and made it into a mainstream community store of value, and a means of barter and trade, one form of which is tipping... Its also the most anonymous coin in the world right now when transactions are sent using the mixer. People on other anon style coins threads say the 2% fee is too high, I told them its going down. So lets operate some high volume low cost mixing nodes and turn that into a stong microeconomy within the coin.  :0 extra bonus depth of market...  Now back to the name, people want tips as a name because it seems more marketable than fedora... our market right now is the name fedora though.... and the orange E logo. no one likes the blue one, its toy like. Our market is anonymous coins!!

Look at what has happened with the pool hashrates since the mixer has been released, this will skyrocket with time. Only one pool has over 700000$ of equipment invested in it right now, and thats the valuation by marketcap of the whole coin and its network? seriously?   So everyone knows about the mixer and everyone wants in, but people want to mine it! obviously... not pay bitcoin for it right now while the block payout is high... so this will explode when people need to pay because within 6 months mining production will have slowed to a crawl..  

No carnival looking logos for the coin!!! Business, professional, simple and easily imitable so it can be drawn by people, on hand drawn signs and posters, etc... and so easily shown to others.  Not a 3d magicians hat! its not magic, and its not the circus... Nice drawing for the circus though, imo sorry one love... If it is i'm out the minute someone else has a mixer, if its not serious it will be a fad because people wont trust it for large transactions that will increase value(volume)...Anonymity is security, and security is a business.  
Best suggestion for future growth so far sorry to everyone imo, drop the tips abbreviation, its the marketing idea of someone who has never succeeded in marketing as I have.
 If you rebrand, rebrand completely and do it right and do it with relation to the mixer!! Not tips or fedoras... that was our history and it was a great one to lead us to here... Or simplify the coin name please...

Fedora tips coin becomes : FTcoin? sounds like the coin of the future and keeping the orange logo makes everything makes sense again, sigh

2 000 000 000 FC    wow no nice compared to 2 000 000 000 TIPS... tips? better cash those out?

r-ando

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:18:43 PM

The poll had a very low response, and the general consensus around the time it was created was that tips was better because fedoracoin and tips abbreviation clashed.. and coins named after hats were limited in potential and viewed as not too serious.
 It was a thinking along the lines of chose one or the other... and it was weird timing with the release of the mixer too... which is flawed thinking because if a change is to be made its probably because both are bad, and we can seize the moment to change it to something great. I suggest something different on both ends, the name and the abbreviation. But no change at the same time... how can this be possible you ask?

FTcoin     2 000 000 000 FC       finally a financial abbreviation, and we get to keep our orange logo, so no one can be unhappy with the new logos that have been proposed, we keep the same name to honour our history, our beginnings, but change it to a financial oriented coin, with a financial abbreviation that will look serious in someones wallet and we finally express the whole meaning of our coin with two letters instaed of 10!!

This should have been obvious to everyone imo from the start and a long time ago   Smiley  Thanks invisibel, guessing you had already thought of this and you let us figure it out... lol

r-ando

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:24:25 PM

The poll had a very low response, and the general consensus around the time it was created was that tips was better because fedoracoin and tips abbreviation clashed.. and coins named after hats were limited in potential and viewed as not too serious.
 It was a thinking along the lines of chose one or the other... and it was weird timing with the release of the mixer too... which is flawed thinking because if a change is to be made its probably because both are bad, and we can seize the moment to change it to something great. I suggest something different on both ends, the name and the abbreviation. But no change at the same time... how can this be possible you ask?

FTcoin     2 000 000 000 FC       finally a financial abbreviation, and we get to keep our orange logo, so no one can be unhappy with the new logos that have been proposed, we keep the same name to honour our history, our beginnings, but change it to a financial oriented coin, with a financial abbreviation that will look serious in someones wallet and we finally express the whole meaning of our coin with two letters instaed of 10!!

This should have been obvious to everyone imo from the start and a long time ago   Smiley  Thanks invisibel, guessing you had already thought of this and you let us figure it out... lol

lol! I just realized I kept referring to FC instead of the FTC abbreviation...

2 000 000 000 FTC or simply 2 000 000 000 FT? ahaaa subject for new polls? or lets just use our common sense people?

DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:32:28 PM

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Something About TIPS aka Fedoracoin!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Algorithm: Scrypt
Max Coins: 500,000,000,000
Block Time: 60 seconds
Difficulty Retarget Time: 10 minutes
Premine: 3 blocks as test. Original Annonce

Block: 0 - 51,999 : 0-5,000,000 TIPS
Block: 52,000 - 103,999 : 0-2,500,000 TIPS
Block: 104,000 - 207,999 : 0-1,250,000 TIPS
Block: 208,000 - 415,999 : 0-625,000 TIPS
Block: 416,000 - 831,999 : 0-312,500 TIPS
Block: 832,000 - 1,663,999 : 0-156,250 TIPS
Block: +1,664,000 : 50,000 TIPS

Link 01 - INFO
Link 02 - INFO
Link 03 - INFO
Link 04 - INFO

Gambling - INFO

Windows | Installer | Standalone | Version 0.60
Linux | Arch Linux | Tarball | Version 0.60
Source Code | Github FedoraCoin
MAC OS | Updated to 0.56
  • Thanks to MystPhysX, you can TIP them at
  • EUPHoriC2havByVtFbHTgG83zawY5SETjX

Changelog 0.60 - Built-in coin mixing/anonymizer Service

FedoraCoin Core - 1% fee, managed by invisibel
PCFiL Fedora - 1% fee, managed by PCFiL
Chicken Strips - 0.5% fee, managed by chisefu
Coin-Pool Fedora - 1% fee, managed by speed-
Such Pool TiPS - 1% fee, managed by CryptoSiD
Dedicated Pool TiPS - 2% fee, managed by binaryclock

FedoraCoin - The Official SubReddit!
FedoraCoin Mining - FedoraCoin Mining Guide!
FedoraCoin Talk - Official SubReddit FedoraCoinTalk!
TipMarket - TipMarket SubReddit!
FedoraCoinBeg - Tip your Fedora!

Faucets - INFO
Giveaways - INFO
Block Explorer - INFO

MAYBE MORE INFO HERE

By the way, I'm offering a 5 million TiPS bounty to whoever can design the best thread starter OP (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391192) since IMO we need to make it look a bit more professional.
Just post it up as a regular reply here. Bounty ends when I get back (monday/tuesday), whoever gets the most votes from people here wins!

If you have any suggestion you are welcome!

EDIT: I put my logo for test thats all!

Good job Fayens  Wink
r-ando

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:32:43 PM

FTCoin right? Fedora Tips coin... works nice with the abbreviation FTC.... 10 000 000 000 FTC... just imagine....

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

Where is the evidence of you asking 300 people with your supposed results?  You walk down the street and ask everyone you saw?  I call total bs on that.  

I also highly doubt most of those people realize that fedoracoin referenced a meme pertaining to atheism.

There was a straw poll that came up with much different results.  Opinions from people that actually invested in the coin, and have a vested interest in its outcome.

Pugwalker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:11:09 PM

ok most people think of a hat when they hear fedora

and how exactly does that have anything to do with determining what we should market a cryptocurrency as
profall

Activity: 298

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:19:16 PM

Normal people, I can believe this.

Unfortunately, the crypto-currency community is full of 4chan users, 9gag users, and people like that. They only understand the meme.

TIPS works.

kadz

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:19:29 PM

FTCoin right? Fedora Tips coin... works nice with the abbreviation FTC.... 10 000 000 000 FTC... just imagine....

What? Stop this...

It is TiPS.

cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

What? Stop this...

It is TiPS.

It should be TiPS.  Not TiPS aka Fedoracoin.  Name a company that has an official aka as part of their name.

Not only has price gone down significantly, but there isn't any real buy wall at this price.

Lets get this turned around before its too late.

NeedVIP

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

Just bought another 20m at this price, it's a steal right now below 1 sat but we gotta turn this around soon Smiley
Pugwalker

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:39:18 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 06:50:11 PM by Pugwalker

Stop putting the main focus on the coin mixer. Its easily duplicable and not a selling part.

Cryptocurrencies arent all that useful.... the strongest real use for a cryptocurrency i can possibly think of  is tipping content producers on the internet with tips like a youtube video. instead of "tweet this" its "tip this" at the bottom of the page.

The way content producers make money right now is through ads. This isnt very practical at all. Very few people are able to do it because you need tens of thousands of views to make anything remotely. Also adblock is becoming the norm. It will be impossible to make money from it soon. But with tipping you could have like 30 guys that come to your blog/youtube/tumblr but you provide them a serious stream of content that benefit them in some way. Like exercise techniques for example. So you have these 30 guys coming to your page but you are making a living off it simply cuz theyre rich tip holders who have an easy way to spend money on what they truly value

Theres no easy way to donate to people via paypal... you have to have a working paypal setup a lot of people dont... people from different countries have different currencies its not viable to tip them to an american... kids can now tip people wheras paypal requires you to be 18. You dont need a bank account or credit card. Theres a lot of different problems with donating with paypal. Not to mention there are chargebacks and fees and its just not as easy as just clicking 1 tip button. You  cant send somebody 1/8th of a penny in paypal either.

Thats the only selling point a cryptocurrency could ever have. So to say that you shouldnt focus your marketing on exclusively tipping is nonsense. I think anything that detracts from tipping is damaging...like to say THE FULLY ANONYMOUS COIN and supposedly this is where the market comes from.

Or the acronym "Total Internet Private Security" WAY TO THROW OUT EVERYTHING AND FOCUS ON ONE GIMMICK
cryptonewbie

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:49:46 PM

Stop putting the main focus on the coin mixer. Its easily duplicable and not a selling part.

Cryptocurrencies arent all that useful.... the strongest real use for a cryptocurrency i can possibly think of  is tipping content producers on the internet with tips like a youtube video. instead of "tweet this" its "tip this" at the bottom of the page.

The way content producers make money right now is through ads. This isnt very practical at all. Very few people are able to do it because you need tens of thousands of views to make anything remotely. Also adblock is becoming the norm. It will be impossible to make money from it soon. But with tipping you could have like 30 guys that come to your blog/youtube/tumblr but you provide them a serious stream of content that benefit them in some way. Like exercise techniques for example. So you have these 30 guys coming to your page but you are making a living off it simply cuz theyre rich tip holders who have an easy way to spend money on what they truly value

Theres no easy way to donate to people via paypal... you have to have a working paypal setup a lot of people dont... people from different countries have different currencies its not viable to tip them to an american... kids can now tip people wheras paypal requires you to be 18. You dont need a bank account or credit card. Theres a lot of different problems with donating with paypal. Not to mention there are chargebacks and fees and its just not as easy as just clicking 1 tip button. You  cant send somebody 1/8th of a penny in paypal either.

Thats the only selling point a cryptocurrency could ever have. So to say that you shouldnt focus your marketing on exclusively tipping is nonsense. I think anything that detracts from tipping is damaging...like to say THE FULLY ANONYMOUS COIN and supposedly this is where the market comes from.

Or the acronym "Total Internet Private Security" WAY TO THROW OUT EVERYTHING AND FOCUS ON ONE GIMMICK

Valid points.  Mostly agree.

Keep TiPS get rid of Total Internet Private Security and aka Fedoracoin.

Should highlight the mixing service.  Yes it can be duplicated, but anonymity is still a strong selling point.

Pugwalker

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:51:11 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 07:12:02 PM by Pugwalker

Im not against the coin mixer
but it should be a additional feature not what we focus the entire thing on

that sounds like pump and dumpers who want their return quick you know just throw something together

i bought at 50 latoshi im not worried im gonna wait for everything to get rebranded

invisebel is not going anywhere he is faithful to his coin
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: