Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold!  (Read 48086 times)
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:00:08 AM

How much is shipping to the UK?

Thanks.

Edit/ I would want 5x of these I think.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

Look into Bitpay
You can have a link on your site similar to a paypal link.

That doesn't work with variables like shipping. It's ok, I think I've got it covered.

NOW ACCEPTING BITCOIN DIRECTLY ON THE SHOPPING CART!!

Try it out, let me know how it works. I have made several test orders, the fees are low and the transactions work perfectly. You need to follow the instructions, and I'm not sure what bitcoin clients it can launch. It will provide you a payment address and exact total, once you pay that total it will show in my system as paid.

No returns on Bitcoin purchases after shipping!

If I start having problems or not receiving payments, I'll turn it off. I think this should be solid though.
zoonosis
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:27:26 AM

Ive used it before on another shopping site
All you really have to do is just paste your bitcoin wallet address into the space provided on the link.
If you have a wallet setup to accept those special links then great, but otherwise just do it manually.
Works like a charm.
carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:38:30 AM

Hi,
ordered 10x 1m risers, they made it to France in 12 days (5 days FR to FR, weird!)
Seems to work fine, but only tested with 2 GPU as I fried a CS650M PSU last week while powering 2 R9_290 : worked fine for 2 days, then...PSU dead (3 GPU into the case)

GPU : 2/4 Asus R9_290
MB: Asus Crosshair Formula-Z
PSU : Fractal Design Tesla 1000W (80+ Gold)
I first tested with risers unpowered, it didn't boot
When powering risers through molex it's working very nice, however after 2 hours of testing, when putting cards back on the mobo, I noticed they were VERY hot, like really hotter than when into the case. I have to try unplugging the molex connected to the mobo to see if they get cooler.

Will definitely order more for next upgrade

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

4x Sapphire R9 290 OC'd to 1000/1350 for 880KH/s each, coupled to an Asus P8Z77 WS (didn't bother turning anything off) and a Celeron G465 with 4Gb of RAM, draw 1420W at the wall with a 1500W Enermax Platimax (80+Platinum with 92% efficiency at that load on 230V). The actual draw is about 1306W for the PSU to supply, so it's at about an 87% load.

Don't even try running 4x R9 290 with only a 1000W PSU. If you're lucky you might be able to do it with a good 1350W PSU, but it would still be close to 100% load, not good for the life of the equipment.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:39:24 PM

@RickjamesBTC: I finally got the notice for the order to be delivered from the Post office, so it took a bit more than 2 weeks from order to arrive. Are you thinking about other shipping methods as well?
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

Hi,
ordered 10x 1m risers, they made it to France in 12 days (5 days FR to FR, weird!)
Seems to work fine, but only tested with 2 GPU as I fried a CS650M PSU last week while powering 2 R9_290 : worked fine for 2 days, then...PSU dead (3 GPU into the case)

When powering risers through molex it's working very nice, however after 2 hours of testing, when putting cards back on the mobo, I noticed they were VERY hot, like really hotter than when into the case. I have to try unplugging the molex connected to the mobo to see if they get cooler.

These are powered risers, I don't know how many times I can say it, they have to be plugged in to work!!  What are you talking about cards on the motherboard were hot? What molex plugged into the motherboard? Something isn't adding up here.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:10:16 PM

@RickjamesBTC: I finally got the notice for the order to be delivered from the Post office, so it took a bit more than 2 weeks from order to arrive. Are you thinking about other shipping methods as well?

I try not to make any money on shipping, so the price is what it is. If people want to pay $100 or more for international express shipping with FedEx or even usps still, I can do it. When I offer the first shipping rate it is the cheapes option.
aesma

Activity: 2450
Merit: 929

fly or die

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:35:24 PM

To me the advantage of USPS over Fedex/UPS is that you have a good chance of avoiding import taxes, that easily amount to 25% of the price of items+shipping.

I also got 5*1m ones to France in about 10 days.
carafleur

Activity: 113

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:34:04 PM

Hi,

These are powered risers, I don't know how many times I can say it, they have to be plugged in to work!!  What are you talking about cards on the motherboard were hot? What molex plugged into the motherboard? Something isn't adding up here.

Okay, I won't try again to use these without molex plugged-in !
The cards seemed hotter to me than when I use them into the case : maybe it's just a better global cooling into the case (with 2 cards max of course, this case also has 11 fans, including CPU fans)
The extra-molex plugged into the motherboard is the one supposed to power PCI-Express cards. I think it's useless when using external powered risers, and it could be safely removed to avoid an overpower issue
Re-reading your previous posts, I understand it IS useless to use extra-molex on the motherboard when using powered risers, as you stated speaking about the BTC-Pro motherboard with 2 extra-molex.

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
aesma

Activity: 2450
Merit: 929

fly or die

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:57:03 AM

Yes it's useless but there is no such thing as "overpower", the components take what they need and "leave the rest". Now some miners add fans to their cards/rigs even in open air configs, moving air around the cards can provide benefits, they're not designed for "open air" and the main reason we use such config is because cramming them together in a case is plain impossible, and when sandwiched they heat up.
mechtronic2001

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:00:35 AM

My rig stopped working while I was gone today. I stopped getting any video at all. I went through the cards, risers, etc. and ended up removing one of the cards from the setup. Afterwards everything started working again. I noticed the riser seems to have possible soldering issues. The circled part is what I think is faulty. I included pics below if they show up:

I'll be testing the card on another machine tomorrow to see if the card is still functional. Is there any chance of a replacement board? I send everyone I know over here for these riser extensions because they are amazing. It just stinks this happened.

RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:04:52 AM

That's just the ground for a very small voltage regulator, it converts the 5v to 3.3v. If you have a multimeter, connect the negative probe to the part you are pointing at in the picture, and check the voltage on the two connected pins on the other side. One is 5v, from your psu, one is 3.3v. Highly unlikely that piece failed. (test this plugged into a live molex power plug, with no GPU in the card.)
The proper way to test a suspect component is to take your currently working system, turn it off, switch one of the riser cards with the riser card you suspect and turn it back on. If it still works, the card isn't the problem. If it doesn't work now, turn it off again, switch the riser cards back, and see if it starts working again.   If so, sure I can replace the card for you. However, I've found that if the parts work, they keep working. I've yet to have one fail. I've had 2-3 out of over ten thousand that were DOA, they never worked.
mechtronic2001

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:08:26 AM

That's just the ground for a very small voltage regulator, it converts the 5v to 3.3v. If you have a multimeter, connect the negative probe to the part you are pointing at in the picture, and check the voltage on the two connected pins on the other side. One is 5v, from your psu, one is 3.3v. Highly unlikely that piece failed. (test this plugged into a live molex power plug, with no GPU in the card.)
The proper way to test a suspect component is to take your currently working system, turn it off, switch one of the riser cards with the riser card you suspect and turn it back on. If it still works, the card isn't the problem. If it doesn't work now, turn it off again, switch the riser cards back, and see if it starts working again.   If so, sure I can replace the card for you. However, I've found that if the parts work, they keep working. I've yet to have one fail. I've had 2-3 out of over ten thousand that were DOA, they never worked.

Thanks for the info, I'll be testing everything out tomorrow to see what's actually up.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:28:55 AM

Sure thing!
iarsenaux

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:23:44 AM

Whats is the length of the longest cable available? Do you also ship to Philippines? I'm planning to buy bulk and resell them locally.

Edit: If i would buy 100pcs of 40" riser cables, how much would i get them?
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

Whats is the length of the longest cable available? Do you also ship to Philippines? I'm planning to buy bulk and resell them locally.

Edit: If i would buy 100pcs of 40" riser cables, how much would i get them?

Send me an email to discuss deals like this. Magicgrowing@gmail.com
iarsenaux

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:05:16 AM

Email sent.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

1m Cable units will be here first, probably shipping out to my customers end of this week instead of next. The shorter cables will be here a few days later.
Thanks for the orders!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

Can't wait for pre order, although you accept bitcoins so I might give this a go.
Email sent (international order).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: