Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread  (Read 354205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 11:10:53 PM

What if we added an additional port on the multipool for direct mining of PRT.  So, you could hookup to the Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, or SHA ports to earn payouts in PRT, but then also connect up to the PRT port.  And we take like 20% of the net PRT from the multipool and divide it up amongst people as a bonus for mining on the direct port?

I'm just throwing out ideas...

Here is an idea.

From the PRT payout GPU multipool take a 2-5% fee from users.  On a secondary PRT mining only pool you could pad the PRT miners rewards with the 2-5% collected from the GPU pool.  In many cases users will be part of both pools so what is taken as a fee from one hand is essentially given back to the other hand with the primary benefit of giving people a good incentive to support the PRT network with their CPU.  It also is a nice benefit for 'poor' miners that only CPU mine making them loyal pillars of the PRT community.
What if you could only receive dividends if you were also an active miner on the PRT port for at least x% of the reporting period.  Or is that too restrictive?  What if your dividend share was increased a certain % if you were an active miner on the PRT port proportional to the % of the reporting period that you were mining?  Perhaps we take 10% of the dividends and reserve them for the bonus to the PRT port miners?

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
tuto

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:14:13 PM

I dont know if this is technically possible but

What about a Pool that does Multimining for the price and PRT mining for the nethash rate.
It should assign as many workers to PRT mining as needed to keep the nethash rate up to a predefined minimum

Something like Dedicated pool?

http://dedicatedpool.com/
http://wc.dedicatedpool.com/index.php

Yes this is exactly what I'm thinking of.  But remember PRT is the quark algorithm, whereas most of the multipool mining people are renting Scrypt/Scrypt-N or SHA miners for.  I know with SHA I will put my ASIC farm on it.  With Scrypt people will rent rigs or point their GPU's at it.  For PRT, its quark, and there aren't a lot of qrk or x11 (which is just qrk + a couple more crypto functions) coins out.  So we would want people mining on the multipool to point their local cpu miners at the direct port, and then find a way to reward them for doing it.

I'm not sure how it works really, I'm not technical with all this really in terms of coding and algorithms etc, but on Blackcoin mining you just put your wallet as your user name for the pool in your miner, and they lod your shares and then payout a % based on how many shares you do for the 24 hour session.

They log separately Scrypt / Sha - Couldn't a 3rd type be added (Quark?) As above, I don't know much about all this, so not sure how easy/hard/practical this is.

This is a copy/paste of my mining BAT file for my BC miner:
.\cgminer-3.7.2-windows\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://blackcoinpool.com:3333 -u BFMxX8s9TNH6gsRrHEQULgKmQBGaHhcW4z -p **** -I 10 --shaders 384 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

And here is a copy of my Solo PRT BAT file (mining solo on my 6 core processor on my gaming rig).
minerd -a quark -o http://127.0.0.1:8776/ -u tuto -p **** --no-stratum --no-longpoll

They seem pretty similar to my layman eyes, I know they are different, types of algorithm, but they both still "submit" shares don't they? That is what the BC pool pays out on, i.e. shares, not hash rate, not coins your worker mines, just shares.

This is my last info from the Blackcoin pool when I had my GPU mining Scrypt there;

Date:
Wed Apr 23 2014 05:00:58 GMT+0000 (UTC)

My Total Shares for session (24 hour period)

Total Shares for all Scrypt miners (24 hour period)

My "average hash rate in MHz"

Average BC payout per 1 MHz

BC's paid to me for session/shares I submitted.

tuto

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:17:19 PM

What if we added an additional port on the multipool for direct mining of PRT.  So, you could hookup to the Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, or SHA ports to earn payouts in PRT, but then also connect up to the PRT port.  And we take like 20% of the net PRT from the multipool and divide it up amongst people as a bonus for mining on the direct port?

Here is an idea.

From the PRT payout GPU multipool take a 2-5% fee from users.  On a secondary PRT mining only pool you could pad the PRT miners rewards with the 2-5% collected from the GPU pool.  In many cases users will be part of both pools so what is taken as a fee from one hand is essentially given back to the other hand with the primary benefit of giving people a good incentive to support the PRT network with their CPU.  It also is a nice benefit for 'poor' miners that only CPU mine making them loyal pillars of the PRT community.
What if you could only receive dividends if you were also an active miner on the PRT port for at least x% of the reporting period.  Or is that too restrictive?  What if your dividend share was increased a certain % if you were an active miner on the PRT port proportional to the % of the reporting period that you were mining?  Perhaps we take 10% of the dividends and reserve them for the bonus to the PRT port miners?

Might be too restrictive?
I've pre-ordered a new ASIC Scrypt miner, and as soon as it arrives I plan to turn off my Gaming Rigs which I've been mining with since January.
With the weather getting hotter here in London my computers sound like jet engines and I'm worried I'm going to burn them out.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:27:03 PM

Here is an idea.

Yes that would also work great.  I'm not a coder so I do not know what would be easier to implement and also most resistant to abuse.  I am really liking this avenue of thought for PRT mining incentives...more and more reasons why PRT is in a league of its own.

Another idea, not as much of an incentive but maybe easier to code.  If a multipool miner has at least 1 worker active on the PRT port then Pool fees are 0 or 0.5% (compared to say 2% for a miner without a worker on the PRT port).
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 11:31:52 PM

Yes, our pool will work the same as blackcoinpool.  So, you would want to be using your GPU's to mine hot Scrypt or Scrypt-N coins (e.g. whitecoin, asiacoin, vertcoin, etc.) or SHA coins (mazacoin, unobtanium, takcoin, etc.) for maximum profitability there.  And then there would be an additional port for PRT quark miner.  You could run the cpu miner against the prt port while you run the gpu miner against the profit-switching port etc.

Shares are based on the work submitted.  The work is dependent on the hashing algorithm used.  Hence why you have different ports by algorithm.

I'm leaning towards doing a combination of what Hilux suggested with the pool fee's going into the bonus fund, and taking a % of the dividend for the mining bonus fund as well.  Those dividends will be nothing to sneeze at so it should provide a nice incentive.

Ok, back to work on the exchange.  Almost done :-)  I've been playing with the android wallet on my phone too.  Few more tweaks.

moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:50:59 AM

@CoinStrype is the twitter for the Particle point of sale system.  https://twitter.com/CoinStrype

cascorp

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:15:15 AM

@CoinStrype is the twitter for the Particle point of sale system.  https://twitter.com/CoinStrype
[quote
Retail and Online Point of Sale System for Crypto Currencies and altcoins based on the Particle technology.
[/quote]
moonmoon tell us more about the Sale System Huh

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
SuperBaby

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:57:12 AM

When will we enjoy the new PRT multipool? Can't wait! My new PC has got ready to rock! Grin
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:57:42 AM

Join the PRT pool prt.suprnova.cc

• Stratum
  • Vardiff
  • SSL
  • A very handy separate site optimized for Mobile Phones i.e. IPhone/Android (only visible from phone)
  • Idle Worker Notifications
  • Proportional Payout
  • Manual Cash Out Function
  • Very fast machine/high availability
  • NO PPLNS ! Payout immediately after block has found (and is confirmed) in full !
  • Immediate account activation !

There currently no fee and only 0.01 withdrawal fees !

https://prt.suprnova.cc

Support here in the Thread, via PM or mail at admin at suprnova.cc

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Beezy_Z

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Have you already voted today? https://www.mintpal.com/voting
tuto

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Its per hour, have you voted "this hour" Wink Cheesy
Robiin

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:47:45 PM

Its per hour, have you voted "this hour" Wink Cheesy

if everybody do it every hour, we will hit on mintpal quickly..

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.  SpZB4wi5Ac7r3xM9mLVjCDY5cakN6BWHgx
Startstar

Activity: 175

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:34:19 PM

;)Now,everyone do two things:
1.play game here https://bter.com/trade/prt_btc
2.vote here https://www.mintpal.com/voting
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:43:30 PM

When will we enjoy the new PRT multipool? Can't wait! My new PC has got ready to rock! Grin
I am finishing the exchange code today.  Over the weekend I will finalize the android wallet, test the exchange, and build the multipool server probably on Sunday.

Rough order of events that is coming:

1. Exchange beta is released
2. Android wallet is released
3. Multipool comes online
4. Updated QT Wallet release
5. Website is updated with a nicer landing page
6. Particle Shares program website comes online
7. Point of Sale system development roadmap and release plan finalized
8. Point of Sale system website/landing page comes online

I am going to take a page from Blackcoin and put together a nice monthly investors guide.  The first one will explain how all of this plugs together and how the dividends are going to work - and supply buy pressure similar to how the multipool will supply buy pressure.  I will drop it along with a video next week.

moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:07:44 PM

This is what is coming for the exchange.  This screenshot is from me mocking up the chart layout.  Those are wired up now.  I cleaned it up a little and desaturated some of the colors more.  For staring at the screen trading all night Wink  I took some inspiration from bitcoinwisdom for the trading interface.

Particle of course will feature prominently on the exchange.  The system architecture is really cool.  The backend is a decentralized/distributed architecture running on very similar core technology as MaidSafe.  This is not one of those one page PHP exchange scripts with hot wallets on the web server Tongue  This is a multi-tier message oriented architecture designed for scalability and to handle high volume.  The trade engine is built on similar architecture as the LMAX principle - high performance single threaded trade processor, avoids race conditions and locking issues.

This has features that will appeal to pro traders.  Stop loss / Take Profit, range orders (e.g. I want to buy 1,000,000 particles on the PRT/BTC market from .00000200 to .00000300 spread at 5 satoshi intervals), price alerts, etc.

I will have this code complete today, then time for more testing and tweaking and build the live infrastructure.

Thought I would post a screenshot so you can see that this stuff is real and not just fluff.  Its real.  Its coming very soon.  This is the first time anyone in the public is seeing this.  I have partnered up with a big name in the business.

You'll see how this ties in to Particle when I release the monthly investors guide.

getmining.info

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

This is what is coming for the exchange.  This screenshot is from me mocking up the chart layout.  Those are wired up now.  I cleaned it up a little and desaturated some of the colors more.  For staring at the screen trading all night Wink  I took some inspiration from bitcoinwisdom for the trading interface.

Particle of course will feature prominently on the exchange.  The system architecture is really cool.  The backend is a decentralized/distributed architecture running on very similar core technology as MaidSafe.  This is not one of those one page PHP exchange scripts with hot wallets on the web server Tongue  This is a multi-tier message oriented architecture designed for scalability and to handle high volume.  The trade engine is built on similar architecture as the LMAX principle - high performance single threaded trade processor, avoids race conditions and locking issues.

This has features that will appeal to pro traders.  Stop loss / Take Profit, range orders (e.g. I want to buy 1,000,000 particles on the PRT/BTC market from .00000200 to .00000300 spread at 5 satoshi intervals), price alerts, etc.

I will have this code complete today, then time for more testing and tweaking and build the live infrastructure.

Thought I would post a screenshot so you can see that this stuff is real and not just fluff.  Its real.  Its coming very soon.  This is the first time anyone in the public is seeing this.  I have partnered up with a big name in the business.

You'll see how this ties in to Particle when I release the monthly investors guide.

Holy, cow.. Man, that is very cool indeed

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

That's a work of art moonmoon. 

Are you planning to have shares sold for the exchange like some of the other exchanges have?  I have continually been impressed by your ideas and results so I think this is one I would actually want to invest in.
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:49:03 PM

Are you planning to have shares sold for the exchange like some of the other exchanges have?  I have continually been impressed by your ideas and results so I think this is one I would actually want to invest in.
Thank you :-)

Just hold PRT.  Investor guide will explain.  ;-)

cascorp

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:13:55 AM

Thank you :-)

Just hold PRT.  Investor guide will explain.  ;-)
yeah , expecting it

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
TitaniumPlays

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:58:40 AM

moonmoon,

let me know if you want a trader to test drive your exchange.
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: