Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:21:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Report: Projects  (Read 25694 times)
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:46:06 AM

Yeah, Not sure what happened here. He claimed to have KNCMiner Jupiters for sale. I Send him 25BTC, he gave me a tracking number for a packed shipped from UK to a different state, Funny thing is he RETURNED 15BTC to try and get me to not leave him a bad trust rating! Weirdest scammer ever!

Total Amount scammed out of: 10BTC

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:54:44 AM

Yeah, Not sure what happened here. He claimed to have KNCMiner Jupiters for sale. I Send him 25BTC, he gave me a tracking number for a packed shipped from UK to a different state, Funny thing is he RETURNED 15BTC to try and get me to not leave him a bad trust rating! Weirdest scammer ever!

I would like that deal. David, could you send me 60% back too? Better than zero ..
KCmining

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:56:15 AM

I would like that deal. David, could you send me 60% back too? Better than zero ..

Damned right. I'll take whatever right now. Then sue him for the rest.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:57:42 AM

Id offer not to sue. And I keep my word.
KCmining

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:59:04 AM

If only - it's worth a try - you never know.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 01:12:12 AM

If only - it's worth a try - you never know.

If anyone wants or needs PMs or other info, feel free to ask. If you want anything posted here i'm game also.

Here's the tracking he gave me for the Jupiters Tracking RJ315893682GB

He is sure good at stretching out his scamming that's for sure. Played hard on his 100% positive trust.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:29:51 AM

I should add that in Projects' PMs to me, he stated he was in the EU.

Told me he was in the UK.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 01:36:08 AM

His MO in dealing with me calling him out was exactly like in this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266672.0

In which he apologized for the problem, and was doing everything he could to right the situation. What makes a good member go bad? I mean, this is really really bad.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:47:42 AM

I'm quite sure that Project is in the UK (Scotland) I shipped a few high value Silver/Gold packages to him, and I'd imagine he would use his real address and phone number, for when customs called and told him he had to come in and pay VAT before he could pick up the package. I had sent this information to Chainsaw already, and would be happy to give it to anyone who was scammed.

I've got a Cellphone number and address.
mpattison

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:57:04 AM

I'm quite sure that Project is in the UK (Scotland) I shipped a few high value Silver/Gold packages to him, and I'd imagine he would use his real address and phone number, for when customs called and told him he had to come in and pay VAT before he could pick up the package. I had sent this information to Chainsaw already, and would be happy to give it to anyone who was scammed.

Salty, I don't suppose you are able to give out his IP address, are you?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:01:52 AM

Salty, I don't suppose you are able to give out his IP address, are you?

Administrators are the only ones with access to IPs. IPs aren't normally given out, even when we think they should be, because it can cause legal trouble for us and fundamentally we are big on privacy, however if someone files a police report against Projects, I'm sure Theymos would be happy to oblige.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:47:40 AM

@BCB didn't we have a conversation about Projects via PM on your other site earlier last year? He seemed kinda shady back then but seemed to be paying back his loans...

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
mpattison

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:56:06 AM

If anyone requires the PMs that Projects sent me, let me know and I will release them to you.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:24:46 AM

@BCB didn't we have a conversation about Projects via PM on your other site earlier last year? He seemed kinda shady back then but seemed to be paying back his loans...

Don't remember.  Let me check.

Don't think so.

epiks went rogue back in 2012. Similar story. 
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:28:31 AM

lol was projects the guy who for the last 12+ months took out loans, then more loans to keep paying back the loans, and more loans etc etc..
like literally every 2 weeks he'd have a new loan to pay back the old one.  was funny to see in the lending section a while ago.

if its the same dude... jeeez didn't see this coming... cough..cough..

mpattison

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:48:08 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 08:10:49 AM by mpattison

In case this needs to be added to anyone's report.

I am so fortunate to have avoided this.
 Sad

EDIT:
Who is spearheading the legal proceedings? 
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:30:58 AM

When he offered the miners to me he said knc wouldn't change the post address which I found difficult to believe. He also sounded far too desperate despite saying knc could refund him in full a few days later. I nearly called him out on it but instead decided it was a due diligence fail, just said no, and left it at that.
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:45:32 PM

Fairly certain of this also, shipped a few packages to him as well.

If this turns out to be a confirmed scam I can PM you the details Salty if you want to double check the address you have?

If any buisness was done with this guy and not paid for in BTC, should the people try to chargeback their transactions? Bank transfers and both paypal would be used in most cases I believe.

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:53:21 PM

Fairly certain of this also, shipped a few packages to him as well.

If this turns out to be a confirmed scam I can PM you the details Salty if you want to double check the address you have?

If any buisness was done with this guy and not paid for in BTC, should the people try to chargeback their transactions? Bank transfers and both paypal would be used in most cases I believe.

Is this it?

Broomhouse Place North
Edinburgh
EH11 3UG
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:59:47 PM

Pm'd you

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month