Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scammers scamming scammers  (Read 2675 times)
pankkake (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:27:50 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 07:31:26 PM by pankkake

This forum serves no purpose besides slowly but surely robbing users of their coins.
Do not trust anyone, especially at the higher level.
b09305133cdeaac5e0cf10b0c08b3759002a7eb02e71026d72b7f66127da84ba

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8411

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:45:05 AM

And since many mods are probably "invested" in these scams, what else to expect?
Wait.  I can get paid for our communities inability to keep from getting itself ripped off???
NickDanger

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:03:21 PM

[rantings]
The other person "Nick Danger" is also crumbs (Another troll that was already banned) and will hopefully be banned once I mod realises this
[ravings]

Again I ask you, Bargraphics, whose sock are you?  You don't really expect us to believe that you joined this forum in June just to unload your worthless TerraHash pre-order to some starry-eyed n00b, in your FIRST POST?
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:55:55 PM

And since many mods are probably "invested" in these scams, what else to expect?
Wait.  I can get paid for our communities inability to keep from getting itself ripped off???

How many threads full of BFL's lies from 2012 were moved from this forum to 'OFF-TOPIC'?

Moderators have taken an active and quite biased role in the development of this ridiculous business model.
gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:42:43 PM

I'm just saying there is a conflict of interest.
You might be saying it, but it's not true. I'm curious as to why you think it.

WRT offtopic, things which are not at all related to the buying and selling of hardware— including garbage like posting pictures of various peoples family member and other grade-school rubbish are offtopic and they're going to get moved. If you don't like it, stay the @#$@ out of the subforum.

(This thread is offtopic too— but since you're accusing the moderators here, I suppose it falls with an acceptable level of meta at least in its own thread)

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:48:54 PM

You said it. It's genuinely silly to think we have a social contract with the owners and moderators of this forum !
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

WRT offtopic, things which are not at all related to the buying and selling of hardware— including garbage like posting pictures of various peoples family member and other grade-school rubbish are offtopic and they're going to get moved. If you don't like it, stay the @#$@ out of the subforum.

But doxxing... Doxxing is OK.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:30:44 PM

I'm just saying there is a conflict of interest.
You might be saying it, but it's not true. I'm curious as to why you think it.

(This thread is offtopic too— but since you're accusing the moderators here, I suppose it falls with an acceptable level of meta at least in its own thread)

What are you talking about?

I am talking about nearly every thread created by BFL pitching their ASICs in the late spring / early summer of 2012 being hidden in off-topic.

I can't say when they were moved, but there were many threads full of claims that were obviously false by early 2013 that were no longer where they belonged when I looked in that time frame.

Who moved them?  And why?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 08:31:59 PM

Wait.  I can get paid for our communities inability to keep from getting itself ripped off???

How many threads full of BFL's lies from 2012 were moved from this forum to 'OFF-TOPIC'?

Moderators have taken an active and quite biased role in the development of this ridiculous business model.

That's easy to answer! The answer is 0.  You're the only proven liar here so far that I know of.  The moderators need to moderate more and remove all the trash that clogs up this subforum... if they were "in" on anything, they'd be removing all the useless junk people like you post.  Since your utter trash remains, it stands to reason the mods aren't "in" on anything... if only they were, life would be so much more pleasant without people like you around, spewing lie after lie because you are butthurt over something trivial.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:37:58 PM

I have Inaba on ignore.  But I assume he's busy claiming to not be a liar.  Here is case in point, posted today:

Update on BFL Black Friday Jalapeno purchase:

I've only opened two so far. One of the 9Gh/s models was running extremely hot (75c) so this was my first victim/patient. I opened it and found 3 chips installed (new version), firmware 2.92 label, a test date of 12/21 (so much for "in stock for immediate delivery"), and the fan blowing down onto the chips. I flipped the fan, replaced the thermal pad with artic silver alumina, put a layer of alumina between the bottom of the board and the aluminum plate and it is now running at 9+ Gh/s at a much more reasonable 61c.

gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 08:38:43 PM

I am talking about nearly every thread created by BFL pitching their ASICs in the late spring / early summer of 2012 being hidden in off-topic.
Hm? Link me to some of them.

NickDanger

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:42:10 PM

/
/

Wait a sec, would you be talking about the picture of one of Active Mining's directors?  The one where he's tied up in the trunk of a 70s Dodge parked smack in the middle of an empty warehouse?  The warehouse that was supposed to be Active Mining's sole production facility?
That family picture?
Since Ken's company is staffed exclusively by people whose last names are "Slaughter," it's kind'o tough to talk about the company without dragging the family into the pic.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:57:08 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83985.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89922.0

I'm sure there are many more, but that should be enough to make the point.
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:13:25 PM

Heh, I have one of the mods on this subforum on ignore, the guy is a disaster as a moderator IMHO. Crumbs might have stepped on a few toes but I didn't see any reason for him to be banned (not that I have read ALL his posts but what I have read would not have qualified for the ban hammer).

Bring back crumbs, I miss the old chap!  Grin
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 09:34:37 PM

Heh, I have one of the mods on this subforum on ignore, the guy is a disaster as a moderator IMHO. Crumbs might have stepped on a few toes but I didn't see any reason for him to be banned (not that I have read ALL his posts but what I have read would not have qualified for the ban hammer).

Bring back crumbs, I miss the old chap!  Grin

Crumbs went way overboard.

Make your point, defend yourself against attacks, and move on.  50 posts a day in the same thread really didn't help his case.  I actually started to suspect he was there to make the naysayers look bad.

I think most of the activity in Activemining threads is one person talking to his socks.

I think someone needs to take a close look in the mirror, lol!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 11:54:53 PM

"I'd be treated with more respect if I paid 18K at a car dealership." isn't a thread created by BFL pitching their ASIC.

The other is though, heck if I remember why it was moved— and it was _probably_ me that did it, as I think I've done most of the thread moves in the form. If it was it might have been because by the end of it was totally offtopic and I wanted people to start new ones, or it could have just been a mistake.  I'll ask that it be moved back.

A lot of both the PRO and ANTI BFL people behaved in ways that made me think they were double-agents really shilling for the opposite side. I've seldom seen behavior so reprehensible.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:13:31 AM

"I'd be treated with more respect if I paid 18K at a car dealership." isn't a thread created by BFL pitching their ASIC.

The other is though, heck if I remember why it was moved— and it was _probably_ me that did it, as I think I've done most of the thread moves in the form. If it was it might have been because by the end of it was totally offtopic and I wanted people to start new ones, or it could have just been a mistake.  I'll ask that it be moved back.

A lot of both the PRO and ANTI BFL people behaved in ways that made me think they were double-agents really shilling for the opposite side. I've seldom seen behavior so reprehensible.

It got badly out of hand.

Of course, in the same time frame if you said pirateat40 was running a ponzi scheme, or mining bonds were an investment designed to part fools from their money you would be flamed into oblivion.

It's a shame the message of "I'd be treated with more respect if I paid 18K at a car dealership." didn't get through.  The idea that it is reasonable to pay 100% upfront months in advance of delivery has cost many, many people on here huge chunks of money.  I did spectacularly well investing in FPGAs that everyone thought were worthless because of the fraud perpetrated on this community by BFL. 

Better yet, they soaked up most investment money interested in Bitcoin so difficulty stayed largely flat from June '12 to Feb '13.

Thanks Josh! :-)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:49:20 AM

But doxxing... Doxxing is OK.

+1 Where are the mods on this?

It is clear that has happened and NOTHING has been done. No warnings? No bans?

That is just beyond belief.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 07:51:52 AM

What do you want— if its active threats, sure— I'll remove them just to keep the tone more polite.  But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:55:39 AM

What do you want— if its active threats, sure— I'll remove them just to keep the tone more polite.  But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

There is clearly a PATTERN.

If you can't moderate based on that what good is it having moderation.

There is a concerted effort to defame people and lie and having had to report more than 20 to 30 of these alone from Inaba on my reputation at what point does a sanction get implemented? I get you are busy and have a life and all but at some point you know what is happening here right. I am just one person that has been lied about continuously by the "pro"BFL types and Inaba himself.

What can you do? Warn em. Ban em. Right? It isn't about freedom of speech or openness it about people purposefully intending to derail every thread that negatively reflects the REALITY of the BFL situation. At some point you have to be an honest arbiter in this do you not? Doesn't matter if I stay on topic and post ONLY about the topic... at some point Inaba Slok or BCP19 and or others will come along and attack the person not the information. That has to stop no? You seem to think we all enjoy this constant negativity? We don't we want to have honest and open discussions about things that affect us all and to be honest you know and I know BFL has not been a willing participant here to being honest and open. They with almost every post try to derail the topics.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: