Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:29:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scammers scamming scammers  (Read 2674 times)
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:00:15 AM

What do you want— if its active threats, sure— I'll remove them just to keep the tone more polite.  But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

There is clearly a PATTERN.

If you can't moderate based on that what good is it having moderation.

There is a concerted effort to defame people and lie and having had to report more than 20 to 30 of these alone from Inaba on my reputation at what point does a sanction get implemented? I get you are busy and have a life and all but at some point you know what is happening here right. I am just one person that has been lied about continuously by the "pro"BFL types and Inaba himself.

What can you do? Warn em. Ban em. Right? It isn't about freedom of speech or openness it about people purposefully intending to derail every thread that negatively reflects the REALITY of the BFL situation. At some point you have to be an honest arbiter in this do you not?

I do think you're being too hard on gmaxwell specifically.

The problem is far above him.

Hint: it would be the guy who profited by withdrawing all his funds from the pirate ponzi before it collapsed

There are social and business networks driving activities on this site that simply aren't visible to the casual visitor.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:02:14 AM

What do you want— if its active threats, sure— I'll remove them just to keep the tone more polite.  But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

There is a concerted effort to defame people and lie and having had to report more than 20 to 30 of these alone from Inaba on my reputation at what point does a sanction get implemented? I get you are busy and have a life and all but at some point you know what is happening here right. I am just one person that has been lied about continuously by the "pro"BFL types and Inaba himself.

What can you do? Warn em. Ban em. Right? It isn't about freedom of speech or openness it about people purposefully intending to derail every thread that negatively reflects the REALITY of the BFL situation. At some point you have to be an honest arbiter in this do you not?

Hint: it would be the guy who profited by withdrawing all his funds from the pirate ponzi before it collapsed

There are social and business networks driving activities on this site that simply aren't visible to the casual visitor.

If he can't fix the fucking problem don't try and weigh in on HF and other scams. I get a bit pissed-off at the regularity of the BFL personal attacks without any repercussions. At some point you have to moderate or quit. I respect Gmaxwell he is more than moderately intelligent and a fair minded person but at some point you have to do the job. All I am asking. This is why I am astonished he doesn't do more considering what he knows of the situation. I find it hard to believe that Inaba is looking to help promote dialogue about BFL failures and looking for solutions. Every post he makes is an derogatory and not within any bounds of discussion. I think we can all see that right?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 08:03:51 AM

You've reported Inaba 27 times,  Bicknellski.  There is a pattern, indeed.  But I suspect that pattern is you being far too easily trolled for the norms on Bitcointalk. Bringing up the moderator interface there are a bunch of reviewed and rejected reports from you (not just or even mostly ignored me, I believe)— apparently not me or MiningBuddy or any of the global mods who've seen these reports thought they were suitable to respond to (I think maybe removed a post or to here or there when they were flagrantly and completely off-topic—).
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:07:59 AM

You've reported Inaba 27 times,  Bicknellski.  There is a pattern, indeed.  But I suspect that pattern is you being far too easily trolled for the norms on Bitcointalk. Bringing up the moderator interface there are a bunch of reviewed and rejected reports from you (not just or even mostly ignored me, I believe)— apparently not me or MiningBuddy or any of the global mods who've seen these reports thought they were suitable to respond to (I think maybe removed a post or to here or there when they were flagrantly and completely off-topic—).

LOL.... easily trolled.

My word how simplistic.

You would think at 27 I would simply give up.

Look through what I have posted and what he has posted you tell me who is being easily trolled.

If you don't want to moderate then don't but don't come off like you don't see what this guy is doing purposefully every time he posts. It isn't just me. The doxxing of Xian01 repeatedly is something that is just beyond me. You can throw the blame back on those posting FACTS and EVIDENCE but really at what point do you jump in and sanction someone if ever? There is a pattern. We all see it. What will the moderators do to rectify this?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:09:10 AM

But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

Yes. Yes you do. Stop trying to find a rationale to not do the right thing. Doesn't look good on you, these forums, or the Bitcoin community.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

If he can't fix the fucking problem don't try and weigh in on HF and other scams. I get a bit pissed-off at the regularity of the BFL personal attacks without any repercussions. At some point you have to moderate or quit. I respect the Gmaxwell he is more than moderately intelligent and a fair minded person but at some point you have to do the job. All I am asking.

seriously: just put josh on ignore.  He never has anything constructive to contribute so you will miss absolutely nothing.  You might not like his personal attacks, I certainly don't, but you should realize that absolutely no one gives the man any credibility here any longer.

Have you ever asked yourself why he has so much rage?  It's the knowledge that he has absolutely zero influence in this community.

I have had him on Ignore as I have Slok and BCP19. But the pattern continues. Doesn't matter if we report it, ignore it or respond to it. The pattern remains and it is clear there is no excuse for allowing that sort of flagrant misuse of this forum. It is farce at best the guidelines imposed here if you continue to allow it to happen. I seriously want people to be WARNED off BFL and I think that is something that has VALUE in this community. It is our job to do that given that the Moderators are not doing this, they have basically said just in this thread you are "stupid" for buying BFL. I agree. BFL is not a good choice for your BTC or $ and that is proven time and time again by the posts in their own forums on reddit and here in this forum.

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:13:05 AM

But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

Yes. Yes you do. Stop trying to find a rationale to not do the right thing. Doesn't look good on you, these forums, or the Bitcoin community.

+1 Evidence is there. Repeated time and time again. You need to rectify this Gmax.

gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 08:13:20 AM

No, I don't. And that simply isn't how this forum is run. Use the ignore button. My powers are limited to deleting posts and threads, moving threads, editing posts, locking, stickying, and wagging my finger— and all just in the subforums where I am a moderator.  If it makes you feel better go ahead and keep on imagining that I'm a misbehaving servant and that you can get something by trying to order me around or impugning my character. My ignore button works fine too, seemingly better than yours. Tongue
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:17:20 AM

No, I don't. And that simply isn't how this forum is run.

So basically the forum is unmoderated and rules for posting are merely suggestions. Got it. Why are we even bothering discussing this then? I'll just go back to reporting Inaba on a regular basis as I come across his quotes in thread that are defamatory and continually hit BFL over the head with their own customers complaints as shaming them is the only thing that might save just one person from buying into BFL. I am sure you know what I mean.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:22:20 AM

No, I don't. And that simply isn't how this forum is run. Use the ignore button.

I need to conclude that these forums are not run with the protection and safety of its patrons as a basic tenant.

Suggesting using the ignore button is a cop-out straw man, and does not inherently solve the problems.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:37:21 AM

Guy's,BFL pays the bills here...........nuff said  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:59:36 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 09:12:54 AM by Bicknellski

Guy's,BFL pays the bills here...........nuff said  Roll Eyes

The paradox remains. One can see posts calling out HF from a moderator yet none calling out BFL. That to me is the take away. The community needs to protect itself from BFL and HF and not rely on the mods to be there to do anything about egregious and predatory behavior of these companies and their spokesmen and women. Noting that if you go after BFL or HF or any other company the mods will not be their to moderate the attacks from said spokesmen on our practice to get facts out to the community.

Time to move forward and have some people use multiple secondary accounts so that they can remain anonymous when posting against the likes of BFL. It is the only safe way to do it. Personally my livelihood was threatened by Inaba on a number of occasions with lies and defamatory comments some of which still remain in my trust on this forum and in the multiple threads. I would respectfully submit that no one is safe to post without fear of threats and defamation especially with regards to BFL and their hatchetmen. So much for a "free" forum it is a sad day when you have to HIDE behind a pseudonym just to tell the truth, the ignore button can't protect me from that unfortunately.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:24:37 AM

Guy's,BFL pays the bills here...........nuff said  Roll Eyes

The paradox remains. One can see posts calling out HF from a moderator yet none calling out BFL. That to me is the take away. The community needs to protect itself from BFL and HF and not rely on the mods to be there to do anything about egregious and predatory behavior of these companies and their spokesmen and women. Noting that if you go after BFL or HF or any other company the mods will not be their to moderate the attacks from said spokesmen on our practice to get facts out to the community.

Time to move forward and have some people use multiple secondary accounts so that they can remain anonymous when posting against the likes of BFL. It is the only safe way to do it. Personally my livelihood was threatened by Inaba on a number of occasions with lies and defamatory comments some of which still remain in my trust on this forum and in the multiple threads. I would respectfully submit that no one is safe to post without fear of threats and defamation especially with regards to BFL and their hatchetmen. So much for a "free" forum it is a sad day when you have to HIDE behind a pseudonym just to tell the truth, the ignore button can't protect me from that unfortunately.

That's how "bullies" work...I know,my jr high school days were hell.You try being a orange haired,glasses wearing,95 lb kid,back in the early 70's Roll Eyes

Well,I'm not that kid anymore  Cool

It's the only way he can hurt anyone,by defamation & doxxing.He's got no other way.Josh is a pussy,pure & simple & his little entourage is his ego  Cheesy

Good luck Bick,you have more honor in the tip of your little finger than Josh & his cronies will ever have  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Lassi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Burn the wings off those bastards.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 09:33:33 AM

Sad. Freedom is gone.

1. doxed by BFL

Having your real personal information (e.g. name, address, phone number) discovered and revealed on the Internet, destroying anonymity
when you post negative on BFL.

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:50:07 AM

No, I don't. And that simply isn't how this forum is run. Use the ignore button. My powers are limited to deleting posts and threads, moving threads, editing posts, locking, stickying, and wagging my finger— and all just in the subforums where I am a moderator.  If it makes you feel better go ahead and keep on imagining that I'm a misbehaving servant and that you can get something by trying to order me around or impugning my character. My ignore button works fine too, seemingly better than yours. Tongue

taking there money

Seriously, to allow BFL to advertise here when the majority of the community wish nothing more to do with them as a disgrace.

Yes, allow Anaba his fun posting (providing no names ext) but hang a big fat warning over his and the related members posts.

But advertising, shame on you. Shame for the community.

Let the members of the forum vote on this issue and act with the community interests.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:49:59 AM

What do you want— if its active threats, sure— I'll remove them just to keep the tone more polite.  But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

Hmm so you don't like that? Where were you when tard Inaba disclosed customers name like Xian01 or Bicknellski?

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

What do you want— if its active threats, sure— I'll remove them just to keep the tone more polite.  But disclosing someone's name?  I do not have a flyswatter big-enough to put a cork back in the genie.

Hmm so you don't like that? Where were you when tard Inaba disclosed customers name like Xian01 or Bicknellski?

hey now, he got paid.

he's not biting the hands that feed him.

gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 07:45:07 PM

hey now, he got paid.
he's not biting the hands that feed him.
I'd normally not rise to the trolling, but in the interest of accuracy— as I did point this out previously: I've never been paid by BFL or received any hardware from them.

And, regardless, I do not have some mysterious cosmic power that enables me to unpublish your name, no matter how much I might want it.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

It should be a requirement to use your real name on this forum... it would cut down on the trolling dramatically.  I have absolutely zero problem with peoples real name being published if they are acting like ass hats on the internet.  If you want to act like an idiot, you better be prepared to tie your horse to that wagon.  Doing it anonymously is unacceptable, and I have zero sympathy for whiney little brats who want to fling poo all over the internet  and not suffer the real life repercussions, such as they might be.

It's why I routinely use the real name of the super trolls like Christian "Xian" Antkow, Darrin "Bicknellski" Bicknell, etc... when people do a Google search on their names, they should be identified for exactly what they are and it should follow them forever more.  Hopefully it will be a deterrent to others from acting in completely irrational, crazy manner as a matter of routine.  Probably fighting against the tide with that one, but what can you do. 

P.S. In before 'Hurrr durrr look at you!' ... yes, look at me.  I own my posts.  I don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet, for better or worse on what I post, as least I own it, which is far more than I can say for most of the super-trolls around here.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:27:23 PM

I love how Mr Bick whine here about lack of thread's moderation but create almost every day a new thread about BFL (Obsession anyone...?)

This kind of behavior is almost psychotic.

But when you find this kind of video near some other where he explain how great school he run...(Brrr man...you work with children right ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqQX7VF8Bw

You know with what kind of person you deal...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: