Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276320 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:35:14 AM

I have high hopes for this project.

A question: my antivirus is blocking access to/warning about the blockscan site. This only began to occur in the last few days. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:38:16 AM

Counterparty peeps.

I heard about Counterparty on Coindesk.  I am looking to understand what are the big needs for this protocol as it is launched.

I am interested in helping organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

I'm new so please go easy on me, but I definitely want to be helpful. Yes, I have burn some moneys already

Awesome, we really appreciate the initiative. becherovka is starting to organize things at the bounty level starting shortly here. Perhaps you and he could work together on this. I'll let him either comment on this thread, or you guys can get in touch via PM.

We also just put up a wiki on the counterparty.co site (I have to finish setting up the permissions for it).  If there are any community members that want to help make content for the wiki, feel free to contact cityglut (solid writing skills would be a must here, obviously).

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:56:02 AM

Trying my hands at some logo design to get the juices flowing.

My inspiration is the exchange aspect of counterparty, combined with some classic logography/typography (e.g. london underground). Font choice is Gotham Bold.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:20:14 AM

My inspiration is the exchange aspect of counterparty, combined with some classic logography/typography (e.g. london underground). Font choice is Gotham Bold.

I like the second one more.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:45:24 AM

Second one but with the "party" perhaps on the second line. Having it too long makes it difficult to place the logo in all places

cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
nathan_kia

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:59:03 AM

I just burnt another btc, the transaction has gotten one confirmation, but I don't see it on the blockscan.com ?  What should I do ? is my BTC lost ?
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:59:42 AM

A question: my antivirus is blocking access to/warning about the blockscan site. This only began to occur in the last few days. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.

From what I see this report is stemming from WOT at https://www.myywot.com/en/scorecard/blockscan.com . There are reports stemming back from 2009?? However, I only registered the domain last year and have only actively used this year. So my best bet is the domain might have been registered in the past by someone else and perhaps used for other purposes.

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=blockscan.com

There does not appear to be way to report false positives but I did leave a comment on WOT

Cheers

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:00:17 AM

I just burnt another btc, the transaction has gotten one confirmation, but I don't see it on the blockscan.com ?  What should I do ? is my BTC lost ?

what is your address?

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:04:09 AM

That error doesn't have anything to do with how you're using Counterparty; it's a problem with pycoin.

Try changing the version of pycoin required (in reqs.txt) to 0.25 and then rebuilding from source again.

Yeah, apologies. I had updated the pycoin dep version on develop, but not master branch. Phantom got it updated on master...so we should be good.

Hi xnova

Is the current Master branch built updated as the develop branch ? I am currently running the develop branch but are seeing some issues with issuances. So I am not sure if this is just something with my develop build or something else

Cheers

nathan_kia

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:06:56 AM

what is your address?

It just appeared, Thank you
One more question. I have burnt 5 BTCs so far using blockchain, with 5 different addresses/  how can I put my XCPs together ? 
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:18:50 AM

what is your address?

It just appeared, Thank you
One more question. I have burnt 5 BTCs so far using blockchain, with 5 different addresses/  how can I put my XCPs together ? 

You can merge them by using the SEND command to send them to an address of your choice. This is how you have accounts with balances larger than 1500 XCP

http://blockscan.com/balance.aspx

Cheers

nathan_kia

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:26:16 AM

I have a Mac machine. I think merging them is not an option yet for me as there is no client for mac.
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:56:27 AM

From what I see this report is stemming from WOT at https://www.myywot.com/en/scorecard/blockscan.com . There are reports stemming back from 2009?? However, I only registered the domain last year and have only actively used this year. So my best bet is the domain might have been registered in the past by someone else and perhaps used for other purposes.

There does not appear to be way to report false positives but I did leave a comment on WOT

Cheers

Thanks. It looks like McAfee has the URL blacklisted:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/blockscan.com

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
led_lcd

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:27:09 AM

Second one but with the "party" perhaps on the second line. Having it too long makes it difficult to place the logo in all places

cheers

I like the second one too. I like the inspiration from the underground.

Perhaps to satisfy the requirement to put the logo in small places, how about the circle/arrow is the 'shortened' logo?
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:39:50 AM

Cheers

Thanks. It looks like McAfee has the URL blacklisted:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/blockscan.com

I've already contacted WOT to report the false positive and it does appear that they have acknowledged this and reset the ratings.

If you would like to help you may also report the false positive where applicable

cheers

Alias

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

Money be green

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:41:01 AM

Counterparty peeps.

I heard about Counterparty on Coindesk.  I am looking to understand what are the big needs for this protocol as it is launched.

I am interested in helping to organize community and devteam bounties so that once the burn period ends, there will be ways to get more participation to building solutions for this awesome idea.  Are there community members currently already helping organize bounties for various new or high-demand features?

I'm new so please go easy on me, but I definitely want to be helpful. Yes, I have burn some moneys already

Awesome, we really appreciate the initiative. becherovka is starting to organize things at the bounty level starting shortly here. Perhaps you and he could work together on this. I'll let him either comment on this thread, or you guys can get in touch via PM.

We also just put up a wiki on the counterparty.co site (I have to finish setting up the permissions for it).  If there are any community members that want to help make content for the wiki, feel free to contact cityglut (solid writing skills would be a must here, obviously).

I might make a suggestion:

Counterparty (and similar projects) offer entirely new functionality to the Bitcoin system. As is evident from the cryptocurrency hearings in New York this week it is apparent that regulators and other financial types have had their minds blown by the basic functionality of Bitcoin, let alone the more advanced features.

They didn't even know how to react to the Colored Coins concept when Charles Lee of Litecoin brought it up. I can only imagine how they would have reacted if someone mentioned the concept of a decentralised exchange to them.

On that note, I feel that the world needs to see examples of what Counterparty can do. Think of it as a technological showcase of case studies. Each one consisting of taking ideas from conception to execution.

Case study 1: Mike wants to set up a new business but has no money. Instead of going to a bank for a loan he decides to utilise Bitcoin/Counterparty for everything from crowd-funding to share issuance and dividend allocation etc. No middlemen!

Case study 2: Jennifer wants to sell her home. Instead of going down the traditional avenues she decides to utilise Bitcoin/Counterparty for everything from payment to referencing her house deeds (Colored Coins/notary) etc. No middlemen!

Etc, etc.

This Dropbox video is a great example of what I am talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFb0NaeRmdg

Ultimately, if people realise what you can actually do with Counterparty, they will use it.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:41:47 AM

cheers

I like the second one too. I like the inspiration from the underground.

Perhaps to satisfy the requirement to put the logo in small places, how about the circle/arrow is the 'shortened' logo?

On a side note, it does look similar to my whipped up logo for blockscan (but with the direction of the arrow reversed)

Grin

led_lcd

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:13:00 AM

Will the bounties be something that the community might be able to vote on for priorities?

I've got a few things on my wish list  Smiley
cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:46:51 AM

Will the bounties be something that the community might be able to vote on for priorities?

I've got a few things on my wish list  Smiley

If you have any recommendations for bounties, please feel free to PM me. We are very open to suggestions.

Speaking on behalf of myself and not the Counterparty team, I think that community voting as to the prioritization of bounties becomes a bit complicated and may ultimately lead to an - ironically - slower issuance of bounties. In my opinion, community members should make recommendations to the Counterparty Team for which bounties to issue, and, then, if the Counterparty Team agrees with the recommendation, it should post a donation address and the length of the bounty-period.

If a community member proposes a bounty to the Counterparty Team, which, for whatever reason, the Counterparty Team doesn't feel is a priority, he should feel free to issue his own bounties, but this bounty will be independent of those issued by the Counterparty team.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:49:35 AM

Speaking on behalf of myself and not the Counterparty team, I think that community voting as to the prioritization of bounties becomes a bit complicated and may ultimately lead to an - ironically - slower issuance of bounties. In my opinion, community members should make recommendations to the Counterparty Team for which bounties to issue, and, then, if the Counterparty Team agrees with the recommendation, it should post a donation address and the length of the bounty-period.

If a community member proposes a bounty to the Counterparty Team, which, for whatever reason, the Counterparty Team doesn't feel is a priority, he should feel free to issue his own bounties, but this bounty will be independent of those issued by the Counterparty team.

+1, just see for example what Nxt voting turned into - dozens of discussion pages without concrete actions.

So far XCP team had a good grasp of priorities, so it's reasonable to trust them on this. And if they miss something - raising private bounty should be also easy.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: