Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:41:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 251 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor  (Read 374701 times)
snguyen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

One life. Live it.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:06:42 AM

I hope not I just bought a few million myself at these low prices. Sucks because just 2 days ago I bought at 2.5x this price thinking the price was going to rise because of alcurex coming soon. I thought this was a tactic that whales were going to use to pick up cheap coins right before lift off. I've seen it happen with other coins in the past

Do you think the price can go up to 100 sas? I am new and have no experience with the other coin before. But I believe this coin should have more value than DOGE (copy-paste coin and still success).

MRC and DOGE has about the same number of coins. So if the market-caps of them are equal, the price of them are supposed to be equal too.
MicroCC

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:25:18 AM

I hope not I just bought a few million myself at these low prices. Sucks because just 2 days ago I bought at 2.5x this price thinking the price was going to rise because of alcurex coming soon. I thought this was a tactic that whales were going to use to pick up cheap coins right before lift off. I've seen it happen with other coins in the past

Do you think the price can go up to 100 sas? I am new and have no experience with the other coin before. But I believe this coin should have more value than DOGE (copy-paste coin and still success).

MRC and DOGE has about the same number of coins. So if the market-caps of them are equal, the price of them are supposed to be equal too.

Theres actually about 42billion more dogecoin then there are microCoins right now, but yes I think this coin should be valued at greater then 100 satoshi. unfortunately, today coins are not valued by their specs or innovations. What really needs to happen is major brute force marketing lol
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:38:06 AM

I have a funny feeling about all this MRC and AlcurEX...

Huge dumps before release ? Sounds like Dev dumps...

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
MicroCC

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:55:37 AM

Devs aren't the biggest holders of microCoin they didn't have a lot of hashing power and probably got most of their Microcoin by donation and buying. Most of the whales that started dumping mrc came in at around 100-120k block rewards. Devs made a huge mistake by even letting rewards go that high. 50k/block should have been the most and even that is to much in my opinion.

I want to make a vote that the devs drop the block reward to 1000 already we have enough in circulation
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:33:14 AM

The devs are busy coming up with new excuses to withhold the release of "AlcurEX".

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:38:29 PM

Devs aren't the biggest holders of microCoin they didn't have a lot of hashing power and probably got most of their Microcoin by donation and buying. Most of the whales that started dumping mrc came in at around 100-120k block rewards. Devs made a huge mistake by even letting rewards go that high. 50k/block should have been the most and even that is to much in my opinion.

I want to make a vote that the devs drop the block reward to 1000 already we have enough in circulation

I agree with this, the distribution is fair but the reward structure can kill the coin before getting momentum. Also whales are dumping now as expected now the reward has reached its top. There are also no real dumps on 1 sat (yet?), it are small sells and i intend to think these are miners that 1) dont check the community 2) need some fast BTC 3) whales faking price drops.

Also, i did a background check on alcurex / microcoin and one of the founders looks like a trusthworty guy to me with his personal details published on the net.

Most important step in the next weeks is a massive marketing campaign for alcurex (the leverage on alt coins is imho their best selling point) and mrc as transmitter for their services.

If we do lower it to 1000 now we will suffer the same accusations about instamining (and surely premining) as QRK is still does. I do not think it is unfair or anything like that, but the majority of people might.
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:57:02 PM

I agree with this, the distribution is fair but the reward structure can kill the coin before getting momentum. Also whales are dumping now as expected now the reward has reached its top. There are also no real dumps on 1 sat (yet?), it are small sells and i intend to think these are miners that 1) dont check the community 2) need some fast BTC 3) whales faking price drops.

Also, i did a background check on alcurex / microcoin and one of the founders looks like a trusthworty guy to me with his personal details published on the net.

Most important step in the next weeks is a massive marketing campaign for alcurex (the leverage on alt coins is imho their best selling point) and mrc as transmitter for their services.

If we do lower it to 1000 now we will suffer the same accusations about instamining (and surely premining) as QRK is still does. I do not think it is unfair or anything like that, but the majority of people might.
Agree. Of course we can't manipulate blockrewards.
Only reason why do that is, if there is some error and need to fix it.
B2BigAl

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:58:55 PM

I don't think it's the devs, but something is definitely going on.  Price has been right at 2-4 sat for weeks, now all of a sudden it's dropped to 1 right as the alcurex IPO ends??  I think either people were waiting to see how alcurex did with the IPO and it didn't do as good as they hoped and are now dumping their MRC, OR it did really well and they're trying to drive down the price so they can buy up a ton of MRC cheap.  I'm really hoping its the latter, but...
halibit
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:12:08 PM

I don't think it's the devs, but something is definitely going on.  Price has been right at 2-4 sat for weeks, now all of a sudden it's dropped to 1 right as the alcurex IPO ends??  I think either people were waiting to see how alcurex did with the IPO and it didn't do as good as they hoped and are now dumping their MRC, OR it did really well and they're trying to drive down the price so they can buy up a ton of MRC cheap.  I'm really hoping its the latter, but...
Dev holding only ~2%, so it is not dev. (And there is no any reason for dev to do that)
I think it was just normal cash out from small whales.

But if we continue sell low, there will be huge pump after.
For me it is same, because I just holding my coins and I don't believe this coin die so easy.
For miners, this price is little lower than mining LTC, but if you believe the price will be even 3 satoshi, You will make much better profit with micro.
I still expect 10X short time and 100X long term (because block reward) and 1000X if alcurEX success to offer microCoin only creditcards, paymentservices and USD markets.
But it's just my thinks.
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:29:08 PM

Dev holding only ~2%, so it is not dev. (And there is no any reason for dev to do that)
I think it was just normal cash out from small whales.

But if we continue sell low, there will be huge pump after.
For me it is same, because I just holding my coins and I don't believe this coin die so easy.
For miners, this price is little lower than mining LTC, but if you believe the price will be even 3 satoshi, You will make much better profit with micro.
I still expect 10X short time and 100X long term (because block reward) and 1000X if alcurEX success to offer microCoin only creditcards, paymentservices and USD markets.
But it's just my thinks.

Im not holding as many coins as halibit (just a guess), but if this insane dumping goes on that may change :-).
Currently selling many other altcoins i have to buy MCR. For me the cheap prices are good, they dump the coins in strong hands.
I will start selling very small portions only once it reaches 50 satoshi or more. I got a big part of Alcurex also and im absolutely convinced of its success.
I see this like the devs, much more as a long term project than any other IPO or coin im in currently.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
DjNorad

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:08:44 PM

unfortunately i dont have any other coins left to switch them over for buying more MRC :-(

dammit....
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:10:06 PM

amazingly dumb how ppl dumped the day before opening exchange

The day before opening exchange, wat ? Doesn't seem like it to me

"The exchange will be released this month and a more accurate date will be announced soon."

We still don't know what alcurex will look like ? There was no beta or whatever ?
MicroCC

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:57:34 PM

I don't think its possible to inta-mine for 3-4 months lol but yah I get what you mean. in that case maybe they should decend the block reward at a faster rate. The early adopters are getting screwed big time on this as they mined when it was 10k/block and whales just raped this coin when it was 100k/block and dumped it making it seem worthless. I think the block reward design was this coins flaw and that's why VTC and UTC gained more traction early on. It's because early miners actually had some loyalty to their coin and didn't have to worry that their coin wasn't going to devalue 100x over.
jorrr

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:17:40 PM

Just for once forget about the low price at the moment and look at the good fundamentals of the coin.

-no instant mine
-no premine
-Scrypt-jane (ASIC resistant)
-fast transfer speed

Just hold your coins and be patient! the rewards are declining now, won't be long before it's under the 100K block.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:22:38 PM

I don't think its possible to inta-mine for 3-4 months lol but yah I get what you mean. in that case maybe they should decend the block reward at a faster rate. The early adopters are getting screwed big time on this as they mined when it was 10k/block and whales just raped this coin when it was 100k/block and dumped it making it seem worthless. I think the block reward design was this coins flaw and that's why VTC and UTC gained more traction early on. It's because early miners actually had some loyalty to their coin and didn't have to worry that their coin wasn't going to devalue 100x over.

I see no reason to change the reward ramp.  Mining reward and Exchange valuation are not linked, that is the most common repeated misunderstanding from coin to coin to coin...'value will go up as reward decrease'.  Now go look at exchange records from the last year...this does not hold true.  Investors do not care about the mining.

microCoins reward structure has been great.  Instead of a handful getting the most reward at the beginning, those at the beginning got the easy fruit but not the most fruit.  Then as reward increased that attracted more miners, but the increased reward compensated for the increased hash as my personal rewards stayed pretty constant maybe 2/3.  Now rewards are dropping and some miners are leaving...guess what, my mining amount has actually gone up again.

IMO the block reward ramp up ramp down structure of MRC is one of the most perfect I have seen.  Very consistent rewards for a rapid mining phase type coin (ie not exponentially decreasing strongly favouring the earliest miners only)...quite fair to old and new miners.

Dumpers dump regardless what the mining reward structure is, happens to any coin that is in the upper percentile of mining profitability.  Also no point exaggerating...from the peak value of 8sat to the low yesterday of 1sat, that is an 8x drop not 100x.  More realistically it is a 3x drop as the average price has been around 3sat/150lat.
PeterVenter

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:18:10 PM

I agree Smiley
PeterVenter

Activity: 173

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

Just a friendly reminder that the IPO ends in under 1,5 hours and this is the last chance to buy alcurEX shares.

The IPO ends at exactly 0:00 (GMT +0), which is a little over an hour from now.

Cryptostocks link:
https://cryptostocks.com/securities/90

Thread link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458732.0

If it ends at 0:00 (GMT +0), then it end on 9 March & not 10 March as originally stated.
hmachado

Activity: 279

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:21:46 PM

I agree Smiley

+1
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:29:26 PM

I agree Smiley

+1

That's a terrible idea.  What faith do people have in the coin if the entire premise behind the block reward is suddenly abandoned?  I agree the reward structure is flawed, but that's one of the fundamental things you should not change about a coin once it's in place.
halibit
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:01:37 PM

I agree Smiley

+1

That's a terrible idea.  What faith do people have in the coin if the entire premise behind the block reward is suddenly abandoned?  I agree the reward structure is flawed, but that's one of the fundamental things you should not change about a coin once it's in place.
I dont even see any reason why we should change reward.
I buy and mining now. Reward is good and price is low. Look marketcap.
If some one don't trust micro, then it's better to sell... I will buy it Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 251 »
  Print  

Jump to: