Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:10:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 251 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor  (Read 374701 times)
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:56:59 PM

This is all due to poor promotion.  I tried and tried to convince this community to promote, but every time I got attacked for not being patient enough. 

What do you have or wanna make to promote the coin?
As long as you have nothing than thin air it will be a pump at best, rather than a real promotion.

Good and long term promotion takes some time, and we need something with substance here (Alcurex i.E.), not a pump.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
paddo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:59:23 PM

This is all due to poor promotion.  I tried and tried to convince this community to promote, but every time I got attacked for not being patient enough. 

At the very least i agree with you, this coin need more promoting, or we will be stuck at the current price.
spiffcow

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:01:18 PM

As long as you have nothing than thin air it will be a pump at best, rather than a real promotion.

Good and long term promotion takes some time, and we need something with substance here (Alcurex i.E.), not a pump.

Pay the crytpsy bribe, create a subreddit, etc.  The devs are not going to promote MRC on Alcurex if it's worth less than 1 sat by then.
Bansheroom

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

Dev should defiantly consider accelerating the reward drop maybe drops 200 every block instead of one. It looks obvious that some one is trying to kill the coin and the current miners are not like the early miners who actually care about MRC. Current miners are exploiting this opportunity to soak up all the mrc wealth and dump it... so sad, the devs should move to keep this coin alive perception matters in todays crypto world and no one wants to invest in something that's constantly losing value.

Seriously, all the new miners don't give a flying F*ck about this coin yet they profit the most off this coin.

Changing the rules after the coin is released is something dogecoin does, not microcoin.
I mine it from the beginning, im neither pissed nor scared.

Also there is always someone who buys the coin from the dumpers, i will see how they dump when the block rewards are going flat.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Bansheroom

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:04:37 PM

Pay the crytpsy bribe, create a subreddit, etc.  The devs are not going to promote MRC on Alcurex if it's worth less than 1 sat by then.

Bribery? No!

Subreddit? Create and manage it, why do you complain someone else should do it?

Devs will not promote microcoin on alcurex? Simply untrue.

Bansheroom

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:07:36 PM

Guys if your interested in spending some MRC here is a few pics of a rig I'm selling. Willing to part out the GPU's and sell them separately Make an offer!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510445.new#new
Nice rig V.
My only problem is I have no more fuse in my house.
I moving on May and if there is more fuses, I may be interest.
Why you sell? Mining is still profitable.

Well I finally got a reliable remailer for gridseeds so im going to be mining with those from now on, I'll post pics later. I did a private group buy with a 4 other friends where I live and it worked out great. I'm going to do a group buy here at the forum $195/unit. The minimum order is 200 units from gridseed, so lmk if you would be interested in that as well. I think i'll only be accepting a minimum amount of units against Microcoin though because of the low volume.

I would perhaps also be interested, but just read at fasbit that the minimum order quantity has raised to 1000.

When I paid for mine the min was 200, but I cant find the post that your talking about. All other group buys are still open at a 200 minimum, so im just assuming that nothing has changed. are you sure they are not selling 1k

Sorry, didnt read your buying from remailer.
My info came from a cryptostocks news, but they are buying from gridseed directly.

Bansheroom

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

guys, remember that block reward has just started dropping..but in two weeks reward per block will be definitely low..but only mining diff and reward cannot increase the price themselves...we need good services, hopefully alcurex.com will help with this aspect of marketing.
However just try to put somw good words on the various trollbox: an example, yesterday i've made good propaganda and 5 ltc of buy were made..now if you look at sell orders LESS than 9 LTC would bring up price on chart from 60 to 90 almost..
Nobody has a few ltc or btc to invest on this? i would if i could have it now...just these days i ran out of money for this...i need to ait a week or so for my payday...so i'm losing a lot of cheap stuff!

I have bought up the price several times, but each time somebody just decides to dump 10x more.  I'm sitting on a ton of MRC that's now virtually worthless.  This focus on alcurex has really hurt this coin.

The coin is hurt? Really? Where has this thing "get rich quick" written over it? It was always said that it is a long term investment.
The impatient will be the only ones that will be hurt here.

Dude, just stop about the whole impatient bit.  I've been mining MRC since around block 40k.  It's consistently fallen in value since then, and I don't see anything that indicates it's going to rise in value.  I've lot quite a bit of money mining this instead of VTC, UTC, etc.  Don't act like financial interests are somehow beneath you -- with very few exceptions, we're all here to make money (literally and figuratively).  Even after block 160k, it's still falling in value, because it's not being promoted.  That's a fucking shame, and it's this community's fault. 

I have to stop telling you the truth? You may stop listen instead. Im in from before the beginning, participated in both starts, but i have only one little miner and i did not mine all the time just microcoin. Block rewards have turned, true, but this is not long ago and it will take some time to distribute the float in stronger hands. We have too few exchanges and services, but this is everything around the corner, so stop comp,laining and....be patient.

You're deluding yourself.  Worse, you're deluding other people reading this.  If you really want to help the coin, then convince everyone to remove any sell orders under 10 sat and see what happens.

It would be the wrong way not to shake the weak hands out.
Anyway, i have zero possibilities to really take influence on peoples orders in a sgnificant manner.

hilgi

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

Several of us like it and promote it in our Facebook group.

It is one of our long shot longer term holds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/459085124197658/
QQ

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

Guys, I have created a subreddit for microcoin a month ago, did anyone even bother to check? I've been busy with work lately and haven't had time to manage it or check back on this thread. I intended to make it prettier and more useful but I don't think it's worth it for 20 users at the moment. I'm sure there's more people right here patting themselves on the back about how the value is going to skyrocket out of the blue or discussing mining settings. Value rises only if value is transferred into microcoin, that means money or services. Those things come from a community of users but I'm sure you know that.

The link for people who skim
http://www.reddit.com/r/microcoin/
obviously
Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:50:21 PM

Mining is not profitable because of the high block rewards, just think when the block rewards were low mrc was trading at .00000450 and ppl thought that was a crap price well look at it now... I know this is a good buying opportunity and who ever got to buy at .00000025ltc was a lucky guy. I guess my only problem is that the more this coin inflates the less value my early mined coins become. I have a huge chunk of these coins, I guess that's why I am willing to actually sell real gear for this coin because services is what really matters when it all comes down to it
Yield does not depend on the number of coins in the block. Yield depends on the demand for the coin.

You can say that to yourself all you want but it does depend on reward produce V.S. demand. Their was some good buy support at 4-5 satoshi, and it was destroyed by profit miners. If the coin was not inflating so rapidly those buy wall would still be standing so yes it does matter. Think about the ppl who bought at 15 satoshi you think they be telling their friends to come and join our community?

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
NoUseForACoin

Activity: 140

trading in the shadow's shadow

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:59:14 PM

Mining is not profitable because of the high block rewards, just think when the block rewards were low mrc was trading at .00000450 and ppl thought that was a crap price well look at it now... I know this is a good buying opportunity and who ever got to buy at .00000025ltc was a lucky guy. I guess my only problem is that the more this coin inflates the less value my early mined coins become. I have a huge chunk of these coins, I guess that's why I am willing to actually sell real gear for this coin because services is what really matters when it all comes down to it
Yield does not depend on the number of coins in the block. Yield depends on the demand for the coin.

You can say that to yourself all you want but it does depend on reward produce V.S. demand. Their was some good buy support at 4-5 satoshi, and it was destroyed by profit miners. If the coin was not inflating so rapidly those buy wall would still be standing so yes it does matter. Think about the ppl who bought at 15 satoshi you think they be telling their friends to come and join our community?

Of course when there is an actual demand then limited supply helps pushing the price.... but lots of people thinks scarcity alone is a guarantee for a good price.. also the price people think a coin is actually worth makes me often laugh.... basically all alt-coins are nothing more or less then a number on your screen. If not enough people agree it's worth something it is worth Nothing.... If I take a crap in a pan, this is a unique piece of work and still worth shit.
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:01:06 PM

Of course when there is an actual demand then limited supply helps pushing the price.... but lots of people thinks scarcity alone is a guarantee for a good price.. also the price people think a coin is actually worth makes me often laugh.... basically all alt-coins are nothing more or less then a number on your screen. If not enough people agree it's worth something it is worth Nothing.... If I take a crap in a pan, this is a unique piece of work and still worth shit.

Yeah, that's been the problem.  Everyone here has been silently mining in anticipation of a huge demand..  But nobody bothered to try to generate the demand.  Nobody has gone out and tried to tell the world why they should buy in. 
Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

@ nouseforacoin
That's why I have been trying to think of ways that ppl can use their mrc, but like spiffcow said a lot of miners sitting on their coins quietly hoping this thing will take off, so no one actually wants to spend their coins... They probably don't want to end up like that guy who spent 10k btc on pizza, but hey he helped btc by making it useful

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
Bansheroom

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:09:31 PM

Real value for microcoin comes from future services, currently only value is the hope they will be good.
The 4/5 satoshi "support" was never real, unrealistic to hold without substancial services.

NoUseForACoin

Activity: 140

trading in the shadow's shadow

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

@ nouseforacoin
That's why I have been trying to think of ways that ppl can use their mrc, but like spiffcow said a lot of miners sitting on their coins quietly hoping this thing will take off, so no one actually wants to spend their coins... They probably don't want to end up like that guy who spent 10k btc on pizza, but hey he helped btc by making it useful

Agreed. That's actually why I bought in... Microcoin looked like a serious coin. No-one with half a brain can be stupid enough to believe people will actually use Flappy's or Grumpy's or Doggies or kitties or Lycans or whatever shitcoin as actual currency in the real world.... Microcoin could be a serious currency. However, the problem with all alts (even BTC) is that it's becoming more of an investment than an actual currency.
zerxus

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:44:59 PM

Why should they do marketing on the coin now that when alcurex is live the coin promotes itself? I see this as a new tactic by dev teams to let the value drop to the floor so they can stack cheap and when time is right promote it through the proper channels. Take a look at what happened with EBT, also saw the same thing with darkcoin.

That's actually a common and well known problem with developers.
They focus too much on development and functionality and without proper marketing their product doesn't sell itself.

I'm not saying we have this issue with MRC devs, perhaps they're just waiting.
But I had this issue with developers I worked with.
Bansheroom

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:45:05 PM

@ nouseforacoin

Agreed. That's actually why I bought in... Microcoin looked like a serious coin. No-one with half a brain can be stupid enough to believe people will actually use Flappy's or Grumpy's or Doggies or kitties or Lycans or whatever shitcoin as actual currency in the real world.... Microcoin could be a serious currency. However, the problem with all alts (even BTC) is that it's becoming more of an investment than an actual currency.

Alts are very similar to pennystocks and sub-pennystocks in their current state. This is a problem? Endless opportunities!
Many will die, some will survive, few will get real big and will get out of pennies / subpennies, choose wisely  Cool

zerxus

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:53:23 PM

Guys, I have created a subreddit for microcoin a month ago, did anyone even bother to check?
The link for people who skim
http://www.reddit.com/r/microcoin/
obviously

Good job, QQ.
I'll definitely go through it tonight.
NoobSauce

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

@ nouseforacoin

that is the problem, and it seems like places that take BTC as trade for goods charge more for the btc sale than a simple credit card order. So if you didn't mine your BTC, u may as well have just bought using credit card cuz its cheaper, less hassle than buying BTC to trade to goods. I could be wrong, or it could have been the market prices of those goods at the moment. But for coins you can mine here and now, if they were to be traded for goods, I would be willing to take a small hit/slightly higher price, cuz there's much less hassle involved than going thru coinbase or w/e for BTC, only to lose trade value on the product I want. Im in it for the long term, unfortunately I also run my own business so I don't have much time to promote yet. I'd rather come out with nothing than sell this positive progressive coin for a couple hundred bucks. Im not in this for money every week. I want to see MRC succeed. Ill be KING bagholder if that's what all of you are afraid of. Its quite obvious a lot of people are out for quick money. This is all a young, new thing, and like someone else has said, what other coin has a legitimate chance of actually being used? Most are meme based shit coins trying to make fast money and disappear leaving the community to try to keep it afloat so they can recoup some of their investments. MRC to the end!  Grin
NoobSauce

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:58:24 PM

question: so if alcurex eventually offers prepaid visa cards/credit cards, are those in effect anonymous prepaid cards? If that's right, that will be awesome. people will trade mrc to buy things anonymously with anonymous prepaid debit/credit cards. I think that could be HUGE. Id get some.
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 251 »
  Print  

Jump to: