Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SHA256]+[CPU] MediterraneanCoin (MED) - REUSE your ERUPTER!!  (Read 227779 times)
smallplatf (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

Hi everyevery one,
     I've been running the new cgminer on 2 different Computers since it was released yesterday, the new cgminer also has the the Antminer Drivers in it. It seems to run well on the ibipot pool even though the displayed Hashrate in the Pool seems to be much lower than that of the miner. The HW errors are waaay lower with cgminer (ca. 30 p/hr) than with bfgminer (ca. 3,000 p/hr)...but the effective Hasrate remains the same. With bfgminer, the Antminer Hashrate was about 1.2Ghs with an approx. 40% HW error, wich gives about a 600Mhs effective Hashrate. With the new cgminer the overall output of the Antminer is further reduced to an average of 700Mhs but...with a lower HW error.  The effective Hashrate of the cgminer works out to be also between 500-600Mhs. There dosen't seem to be any improvement in the effective Hashrate between bfgminer and cgminer, though the miner dosen't work as hard with cgminer (based on the Temp. of the miner).

My question to the Dev. is, Does the mproxy.jar limit the Hashrate of the miners or does the CPU power? I have been running 2 mining rigs that are exactly the same (3x Antminer U1(overvolted/oc'd to 2.4ghs) Digitus 7 port powered USB Hub, Fan cooled) on 2 vastly different Laptops and the mining Hahsrates are the same. The 1st is an ASUS 12ee something Netbook with an i3 Processor and the 2nd is a Toshiba Qosmio with an i7 Processor. They both hash at the identical rate. The Processor in the i3 is running at ca. 85% and the i7 is running at ca. 20%. I can run
1 Antminer or all 3 and the effective Hashrate stays the same (ca. 600Mhs per unit). One would think that if the mining power was limited by computational power then by having fewer Antminers pluged in they would run at a higer Hashrate up to the computational limit imposed by the CPU. In theory it looks like my i3 Processor could run about 2Ghs before the CPU limiter kicks in...therefore...I should be able to hit that limit with just 1 Antminer at 2.4Ghs and not 4 at 600Mhs. Is there some code in the mproxy.jar that limits the Hashrate of each miner?

What kind if Hashrates are some of you other Guys getting per Antminer or even a normal 333Mhs Block eruptor? If the Hashrate is running at the 333Mhs limit on a normal BE and only 600Mhs on an Antminer then the BE's are way more economical than an Antminer. I could buy 4 or 5 BE's for the price of 1 Antminer and have the sme Hashrate.

thanx for the detailed info.

We are working to put together all the data we are receiving from other people mining, and will publish here the most complete picture.
Having the complete picture (it will be probably a spreadsheet which we will post here), we can create a reference document that should help everybody find their right configuration.

Since the PoW is completely new, there are of course some technical aspects which have to be investigated as they happen.

first a question (for everybody): apart from the differences in the observed hashrate in the different configurations (and also the observed hashrate changes from the point of view ie bfgminer reports a hashrate, the pool a different one etc),
what is your average mining rate in the different configurations? i.e. how many MEDs are you getting in the different configurations

Regarding your questions:
- Does the mproxy.jar limit the Hashrate of the miners or does the CPU power? it is the CPU power that limits the Hashrate, BUT we are observing that the mining protocol and latencies and CPU multithreading support in the tools do change the observed hashrate; with the reference document we are preparing, this will be investigated and understood

- Is there some code in the mproxy.jar that limits the Hashrate of each miner? no, the PoW algorithm is designed to constrain excessive ASIC power

again, we will come back on this later.

MED: MeGbEre5ZyD3ug946sPuq5C6yy8ZPriwhf | BTC: 16EGB9xjGDANkfF8rw2sg29RcFmLPWLnhZ | http://www.mediterraneancoin.org | https://twitter.com/MEDDevTeam | http://forum.mediterraneancoin.org
oscarsum

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:38:06 PM

WTB MED, Please post offers, and reasons why you think its a fair offer
rfe3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:40:50 PM

Hi everyevery one,
     I've been running the new cgminer on 2 different Computers since it was released yesterday, the new cgminer also has the the Antminer Drivers in it. It seems to run well on the ibipot pool even though the displayed Hashrate in the Pool seems to be much lower than that of the miner. The HW errors are waaay lower with cgminer (ca. 30 p/hr) than with bfgminer (ca. 3,000 p/hr)...but the effective Hasrate remains the same. With bfgminer, the Antminer Hashrate was about 1.2Ghs with an approx. 40% HW error, wich gives about a 600Mhs effective Hashrate. With the new cgminer the overall output of the Antminer is further reduced to an average of 700Mhs but...with a lower HW error.  The effective Hashrate of the cgminer works out to be also between 500-600Mhs. There dosen't seem to be any improvement in the effective Hashrate between bfgminer and cgminer, though the miner dosen't work as hard with cgminer (based on the Temp. of the miner).

My question to the Dev. is, Does the mproxy.jar limit the Hashrate of the miners or does the CPU power? I have been running 2 mining rigs that are exactly the same (3x Antminer U1(overvolted/oc'd to 2.4ghs) Digitus 7 port powered USB Hub, Fan cooled) on 2 vastly different Laptops and the mining Hahsrates are the same. The 1st is an ASUS 12ee something Netbook with an i3 Processor and the 2nd is a Toshiba Qosmio with an i7 Processor. They both hash at the identical rate. The Processor in the i3 is running at ca. 85% and the i7 is running at ca. 20%. I can run
1 Antminer or all 3 and the effective Hashrate stays the same (ca. 600Mhs per unit). One would think that if the mining power was limited by computational power then by having fewer Antminers pluged in they would run at a higer Hashrate up to the computational limit imposed by the CPU. In theory it looks like my i3 Processor could run about 2Ghs before the CPU limiter kicks in...therefore...I should be able to hit that limit with just 1 Antminer at 2.4Ghs and not 4 at 600Mhs. Is there some code in the mproxy.jar that limits the Hashrate of each miner?

What kind if Hashrates are some of you other Guys getting per Antminer or even a normal 333Mhs Block eruptor? If the Hashrate is running at the 333Mhs limit on a normal BE and only 600Mhs on an Antminer then the BE's are way more economical than an Antminer. I could buy 4 or 5 BE's for the price of 1 Antminer and have the sme Hashrate.

We are working to put together all the data we are receiving from other people mining, and will publish here the most complete picture.
Having the complete picture (it will be probably a spreadsheet which we will post here), we can create a reference document that should help everybody find their right configuration.

Since the PoW is completely new, there are of course some technical aspects which have to be investigated as they happen.

first a question (for everybody): apart from the differences in the observed hashrate in the different configurations (and also the observed hashrate changes from the point of view ie bfgminer reports a hashrate, the pool a different one etc),
what is your average mining rate in the different configurations? i.e. how many MEDs are you getting in the different configurations

- Does the mproxy.jar limit the Hashrate of the miners or does the CPU power? it is the CPU power that limits the Hashrate, BUT we are observing that the mining protocol and latencies and CPU multithreading support in the tools do change the observed hashrate; with the reference document we are preparing, this will be investigated and understood

- Is there some code in the mproxy.jar that limits the Hashrate of each miner? no, the PoW algorithm is designed to constrain excessive ASIC power

Thanks for the Reply.... Wink
     As far as my mining rate goes it's about the same with bfgminer and cgminer. The bfgminer produces a wee bit more I think. I've only been able to use the cgminer for the past day but they seem about equal. With an effective Hashrate of about 4ghs pointed at the ibipot Pool I am mining about 1000 coins in a 24hr period. I have the work divided between 2 Laptops but there's no real difference over a 24hr period between the 2.
     I've tried the various O/c settings for the Antminers with cgminer but they don't have any effect on the Hashrate. I am unable to experiment with bfgminer because the updated version only suports Icarus and not Antminer so the Antminer options don't work. Maybe we can get another bfgminer with Antminer Drivers sometime.
battsali

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

Hi everyevery one,
     I've been running the new cgminer on 2 different Computers since it was released yesterday, the new cgminer also has the the Antminer Drivers in it. It seems to run well on the ibipot pool even though the displayed Hashrate in the Pool seems to be much lower than that of the miner. The HW errors are waaay lower with cgminer (ca. 30 p/hr) than with bfgminer (ca. 3,000 p/hr)...but the effective Hasrate remains the same. With bfgminer, the Antminer Hashrate was about 1.2Ghs with an approx. 40% HW error, wich gives about a 600Mhs effective Hashrate. With the new cgminer the overall output of the Antminer is further reduced to an average of 700Mhs but...with a lower HW error.  The effective Hashrate of the cgminer works out to be also between 500-600Mhs. There dosen't seem to be any improvement in the effective Hashrate between bfgminer and cgminer, though the miner dosen't work as hard with cgminer (based on the Temp. of the miner).

my opinion

you must run one pool without stratum like p2pool (PUBLIC!!!) and then you will see very clear where is the doggy buried
halabibk

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:21:36 PM

I think MED should reach a good value of 0.1 BTC for 1 MED. For now my estimate is 0.001 BTC per MED.

Reasons:

1. The BitCoin is Just aprox. 20 million coins.
2. The MEDcoin is just . 200 million coins. so rate is clear 20/200=0.1BTC/MED.
3. The new POW is way much better that BTC, avoiding peoples greedy with HIGH ASIC equipment to mining all the coins, so is fear.

MED is the next future.... Grin
Tasunko

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:30:26 PM

MuNM5PytLVxwaimL3GtrJvGE69fw496hHA

Anyone wanna get me started =]

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

shpion

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:47:21 PM

Thanks for the trade.  BTC confirm a lot slower than MED. Cheesy
battsali

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:05:30 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 04:26:01 PM by battsali

seems like we must work alone to resolve the problems who we have .,.,OK
i need some help
i try to start p2pool several times, instruction
here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397831.340 and here https://github.com/mrtexaznl/p2pool
start on ubuntu machine not Virtual

1-while count share, responce from mediterraneancoind is immediately
after count all share
report this message LOST CONTACT WITH BITCOIND for xx seconds.,.,and incease to hours
and responce from mediterraneancoind is very slow ~40-50 sec.
it's seems like memory issue , or i don't know seems like mediteraneancoind sleep.,freez
but on wallet blocks update correctly

anyone try to run p2pool and report the code is corect?
smallplatf (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:07:58 PM

i need some help
here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397831.340 and here https://github.com/mrtexaznl/p2pool

after count all share
report this message LOST CONTACT WITH BITCOIND for xx seconds.,.,and incease to hours
it's seems like memory issue , or i don't know seems like mediteraneancoind sleep.,freez

hey, here we are!!
we will solve also this issue, do not worry!!!  Wink

MED: MeGbEre5ZyD3ug946sPuq5C6yy8ZPriwhf | BTC: 16EGB9xjGDANkfF8rw2sg29RcFmLPWLnhZ | http://www.mediterraneancoin.org | https://twitter.com/MEDDevTeam | http://forum.mediterraneancoin.org
battsali

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:22:51 PM

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!

now i'm worry, also worry about diff 21.2k , also worry about my under 50% hashrate in only possible pool in this moment !!!
cr1st0f

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!

now i'm worry, also worry about diff 21.2k , also worry about my under 50% hashrate in only possible pool in this moment !!!

Keep Calm... and love MED  Grin

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

smallplatf (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:27:38 PM

for all the MED miners:

can you fill this form with your mining configurations?

small MED gift for who posts accurate information!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ofuIiPu5TIIfNBzCal7E9vGkQKn4ANAtRNc1fp1dEfo/viewform

we need this to focus on issues and improve performance!!! thanx!!!  Smiley

battsali

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:36:39 PM

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!

are you serious ?

if you want to trade MED .,., trade
if any have problem.,., forum is for that ->to discuss       

Do you have problem with this?
adnx2h

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:40:53 PM

for all the MED miners:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ofuIiPu5TIIfNBzCal7E9vGkQKn4ANAtRNc1fp1dEfo/viewform

Done. i hope this info is useful for all of us.
cr1st0f

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:49:49 PM

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!

are you serious ?

.... Keep Calm and give time to developers to fix....
You go too fast!! remember that's a opensource project...  so devs work for community free....

haste makes waste!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pro Fish 

rfe3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:14:33 PM

for all the MED miners:

I put a few up also...Hope it helps.  Grin
battsali

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:45:23 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 06:59:20 PM by battsali

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!
we will solve also this issue, do not worry!!!  Wink

Keep Calm... and love MED  Grin

are you serious ?

You go too fast!! remember that's a opensource project...  so devs work for community free....

haste makes waste!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

YES seems you have problem with discussion our problem here

whats up in this tread, maybe we do not have problems and everething is OK  and we must post only graphics with hashrate to take bigger price when someone trade MED ??

if @smallplatf say not allowed to post and share problems and issue with MED here, you can't see me anymore here
but for then i do not agree to posts only sweet graphics
and i can't see with what you post help me (see begining) do you try to run p2pool? do you try to change anything ?
do you try to increace rpctreads to see it's better or worst? do you wait several hours to sinc? and wait again and again

do not answer me please

cr1st0f

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!

are you serious ?

You go too fast!! remember that's a opensource project...  so devs work for community free....

haste makes waste!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

whats up in this tread, maybe we do not have problems and everething is OK  and we must post only graphics with hashrate to take bigger price when someone trade MED ??

if @smallplatf say not allowed to post and share problems and issue with MED here, you can't see me anymore here
and i can't see with what you post help me (see begining) do you try to run p2pool? do you try to change anything ?
do you try to increace rpctreads to see it's better or worst? do you wait several hours to sinc? and wait again and again

do not answer me please

The problem isn't that u post your problem here...the problem is what you expect, write  your problem but do not pester developers. You want to have your problems solved quickly. we all have problems.
Give the time the developers to resolve them.

p.s.:
I post hashrate only for catch the attention of community on this thread Wink

peace bro!  Grin

Pro Fish 

soulistyce

Activity: 698
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:08:51 PM

Spion already send to you 0.042btc for the MED we've agreed on pm Wink
battsali

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 08:58:05 PM by battsali

i need some help

after count all share

hey, here we are!!

are you serious ?

haste makes waste!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

do not answer me please

The problem isn't that u post your problem here...the problem is what you expect, write  your problem but do not pester developers. You want to have your problems solved quickly. we all have problems.
Give the time the developers to resolve them.

p.s.:
I post hashrate only for catch the attention of community on this thread Wink

peace bro!  Grin

man I asked you  friendly to not answer me, your posts i'snt connected to (my) p2pool, if you want we write forever , welcome answer me again
I understood situation pretty well , i'm not a kid and be sure DEVs have own tempo and not I not you not everyone can change
and all we doing only can help.,.,.do you know if i have succes with my experiment who know about that first? do you know now many PMs we change with smallplatf? do you know what we discuss?
i ask other people if anyone try p2pool to share they experience. Do you try? or why you don't try and help us to find solution for memory issue
if you want to help install p2pool try to incease rpcthreads to 100 , wait to sinc test and share you result
this is nothing new , this was discuss on page 18

I will try on this way :

PLEASE DEVs don't read next rows, this is not for you

i try to start p2pool several times withous succes and I ask if other people have experience and want to share

i follow instruction here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397831.340 and here https://github.com/mrtexaznl/p2pool

after count all share

anyone try to run p2pool and report?

Are you happy now?

PS :   this problem exist and on p2pool with other coin , not only MED. Because of that if any have experience with p2pool pool will be helpful
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: