Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Solcoin [SOL]  (Read 33074 times)
Solcoin Project (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:09:14 PM

Hello everybody.  Grin

We decided to launch new service for your pleasure. It's named SolNews.

Now you can publish your information on our FaceBook page for SolCoins.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Solnews/242899492557668

The initial price is 1000 SOL for one post. It will remain until 10th january.
Just send your post to solnews@yandex.com and after confirmation, send us 1000 SOL.
Information will be published just after SolCoins will be received.
Our wallet is: 8SmhWBDmziiNVAcCYPLds5S3Z4MwJEgubM.

One post can contain one image and text with length no more than 100 letters.

Nice initiative. If you want the correct font for our logo, it's "Regencie light", size 90 Wink http://www.dafont.com/regencie.font

Authors of [SOL] Solcoin - http://www.solcoin.net/ - service at solcoin dot net
SolNews

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:30:00 PM

Nice initiative. If you want the correct font for our logo, it's "Regencie light", size 90 Wink http://www.dafont.com/regencie.font

I wondered to create something, that you can purchase for SolCoins. But regarding promotion, it's much best to launch official FaceBook page. Everybody will like it and it will promote SOL much more.
minecrew

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

MineCrew

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:44:43 AM

Maybe i'm not patient, but there is no progress with this coin.   Sad
1. No site
2. No Facebook or Twitter
3. No exchanges
4. Just one pool
5. Small community
6. Small activity on forum
I look that other coins are doing well. Many pools, 100MH/s+, at least one exchange.

Maybe somebody have any suggestions about this situation?
wan570331

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

Hello everybody.  Grin

We decided to launch new service for your pleasure. It's named SolNews.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/q71/1457455_242909602556657_779840381_n.jpg

Now you can publish your information on our FaceBook page for SolCoins.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Solnews/242899492557668

The initial price is 1000 SOL for one post. It will remain until 10th january.
Just send your post to solnews@yandex.com and after confirmation, send us 1000 SOL.
Information will be published just after SolCoins will be received.
Our wallet is: 8SmhWBDmziiNVAcCYPLds5S3Z4MwJEgubM.

One post can contain one image and text with length no more than 100 letters.

I have a plan to do this coin.
But, first!
Let me mining enough Solcoin.
After I will propose my plan.
Difficulty 0.2 now.
So easy mining.
Why do you mine first?
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:32:44 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 10:50:16 PM by Solcoin Project

Some important upcoming changes to the currency as a whole, and the wallet/node software:

After following discussions concerning future inflation/deflation of various cryptocurrencies, in particular Dogecoin, we've decided to take the same approach several other currencies have by completely removing the hard limit on the number of SOLs that can be mined - there is no longer a 696,342,000 maximum coin limit for Solcoin. Additionally, block rewards will be halved in several stages each lasting around 40 weeks, down to a permanent 27 coins per block after ~4.5 years. After the "service floor" of 27 coins per block has been reached it will take another 4.5 years until the old maximum limit of 696 million coins have been mined. Previous blocks will of course not be changed; all past mining rewards still count.

To make the currency stable for an eventual future seeing higher hashrate we have also implemented Kimoto's Gravity Well, to combat the side effects of strong pool-hopping as can be seen in f.e. Fedoracoin's and Mooncoin's troublesome difficulty swings caused by multipool.us. The KGW will be in effect from block 15000 and on - it is vital that all pool operators, node operators and solo miners update to the latest version of Solcoin before we reach block 15000.

The source code in our GitHub repository is already up-to-date with these changes. Updated Linux wallet/node software is available, and an updated Windows Qt wallet will be released soon. Note that it's not important to update just for managing your wallet, only for running a node/pool or solo mining.

And finally, to reiterate earlier requests to pool operators: we could really need a second pool...

hash.so

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:37:00 PM

You asked for a pool, so here, come mine Solcoin with us:

https://sol.hash.so/

* 1% default donation, can be removed but please don't Smiley
* Super fast servers
* vardiff
* Default MPOS layout, the one you know well (efficient!), Internals have been optimized to make it faster!
* stratum on port 80 and 443, which helps if you are behind a firewall
* One click coin switcher, mine all of our (31) coins with ease!
* PPLNS
* Very nice admins, come say hi in IRC #hash.so @ freenode

(already running the most recent KGW updated wallet, because I'm awesome Grin)

Hash.so mining pools with easy coin switching! vardiff, pplns, and 0% fee (1% default donation). Come join us! Smiley
Currently we have 40 scrypt coins and adding new ones all the time.
Support/request thread here.
minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:44:54 PM

Some important upcoming changes to the currency as a whole, and the wallet/node software:

After following discussions concerning future inflation/deflation of various cryptocurrencies, in particular Dogecoin, we've decided to take the same approach several other currencies have by completely removing the hard limit on the number of SOLs that can be mined - there is no longer a 696,342,000 maximum coin limit for Solcoin. Additionally, block rewards will be halved in several stages each lasting around 40 weeks, down to a permanent 27 coins per block after ~4.5 years. After the "service floor" of 27 coins per block has been reached it will take another 4.5 years until the old maximum limit of 696 million coins have been mined. Previous blocks will of course not be changed; all past mining rewards still count.

To make the currency stable for an eventual future seeing higher hashrate we have also implemented Kimoto's Gravity Well, to combat the side effects of strong pool-hopping as can be seen in f.e. Fedoracoin's and Mooncoin's troublesome difficulty swings caused by multipool.us. The KGW will be in effect from block 15000 and on - it is vital that all pool operators, node operators and solo miners update to the latest version of Solcoin before we reach block 15000.

The source code in our GitHub repository is already up-to-date with these changes. Updated Linux wallet/node software will be available soon, and an updated Windows Qt wallet will be released a bit after that. Note that it's not vital to update just for managing your wallet, only for running a node/pool or solo mining.

And finally, to reiterate earlier requests to pool operators: we could really need a second pool...

Nice news. Smiley New poll is awesome! Back to work, miners. Vertcoin, SmartCoin... SolCoin is next. Now waiting for first good exchange. I hope coinmarket.io will accept SolCoin in near future.
wan570331

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:48:50 AM

What's happen, the hashrate rise 30 Mh/s during 12 hrs.
I hate this...
roundrobin

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:05:50 PM

I hate this...

Trust me it's a good thing Cheesy

LTC: Lbha3tRmE75oHfF4SjSKpxVK2fY9PxrPUX         VTC: VguAuTdGRcQzihEgrJDYPYUuugGMMGFCNn
   FTC: 6fVWQ3eHhhgH1haqThQbxTFV8XjrqyuKY2          SOL: 8X6dLCY8MeZ6RNdBxzYQkd5kxWj8VVPJmL
DOGE: DMBQta9ME9cWnRPVXtEbi57CDk1uNpwzSh
minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:43:14 AM

I hate this...

Now it's back to 15 MH/s. Are you happy? Smiley
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:46:51 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:12:06 PM by Solcoin Project

Windows Qt wallet is updated and now contains all the latest changes including the Kimoto Gravity Well. Please let us know if it crashes upon exit or behaves weirdly in any other way. And as always; backup your private key or wallet file before updating any altcoin wallet software.

minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:43:42 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 12:29:09 AM by minecrew

Windows Qt wallet is updated and now contains all the latest changes including the Kimoto Gravity Well. Please let us know if it crashes upon exit or behaves weirdly in any other way. And as always; backup your private key or wallet file before updating any altcoin wallet software.

Heh, Kimoto gravity well sounds good... Smiley I think that's good, but at that moment there's no interest in this coin by multipools because it's not traded yet.
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 04:03:38 AM

Heh, Kimoto gravity well sounds good... Smiley I think that's good, but at that moment there's no interest in this coin by multipools because it's not traded yet.

Unfortunately, yes, but the KGW will also keep the difficulty even and shifting smoother regardless of how low the network hashrate is. In hindsight we should have implemented it already at the start, from block 1. Live and learn.

portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:13:28 AM

Unfortunately, yes, but the KGW will also keep the difficulty even and shifting smoother regardless of how low the network hashrate is. In hindsight we should have implemented it already at the start, from block 1. Live and learn.

Better to be proactive than reactive.
wan570331

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:23:47 AM

The coin is a good thing.
When I see the annaounce by dev team.
Dev team is really improve this coin step by step.
Maybe It no visibility recently.
But I know it will be a good coin in the further.

The proof is in the pudding.
minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:26:11 AM

There's no future without exchange.
Coinmarket.io will list this coin if someone will pay dev listing fee. I saw that RapidCoin was released 2 days ago and they are already traded because they paid 40000 RPD.

Any ideas, how much you are personally ready to pay for Coinmarket.io listing?
It's legal and it will make coin grow much faster.
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:00:29 PM

Coinmarket.io will list this coin if someone will pay dev listing fee. I saw that RapidCoin was released 2 days ago and they are already traded because they paid 40000 RPD.

Where did you read that coinmarket.io lists currencies against a fee? As far as I'm aware all they've had is a forum thread (or voting poll) where they let users suggest which currencies they want to trade. 40000 RPD is at current exchange over 1.5 BTC. This fee seems highly unlikely to me.

roundrobin

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:32:36 AM

o_O that is like 1.7 BTC. Whaaat?! I have used almost 100000 SOL for promotion, but I can maybe donate 10000 more if coinmarket admins actually agree on putting Solcoin on trade for a SOL donation.

LTC: Lbha3tRmE75oHfF4SjSKpxVK2fY9PxrPUX         VTC: VguAuTdGRcQzihEgrJDYPYUuugGMMGFCNn
   FTC: 6fVWQ3eHhhgH1haqThQbxTFV8XjrqyuKY2          SOL: 8X6dLCY8MeZ6RNdBxzYQkd5kxWj8VVPJmL
DOGE: DMBQta9ME9cWnRPVXtEbi57CDk1uNpwzSh
minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:59:01 AM

o_O that is like 1.7 BTC. Whaaat?! I have used almost 100000 SOL for promotion, but I can maybe donate 10000 more if coinmarket admins actually agree on putting Solcoin on trade for a SOL donation.

I don't want to talk about RapidCoin... Let's talk about SOL. 812000 SolCoins are generated each day. It's too much. And someone with just 5 MH/s (small rig) can get about 270000 SOL/day. There's no fair distribution. Someone can just mine most of the coins. In this case only increased Hashrate can spread the coin.

But miners won't mine this coin if it will not have any profitability. If Coinmarket.io would agree to add this coin, I'm ready to give 500,000 SOL for this purpose. Because, anyway it has no price today, and there will be no investors and miners.
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:27:20 PM

Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: