Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal - and PayPal is getting sued.  (Read 28609 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:37:20 PM

Giant run-on paragraph, TL;DR, attention-deficit is such a gyft

TL; DR:  He's suing Paypal for blocking ASIC miners.

No, I'm suing paypal for being criminals, it just so happens that one of the million BS excuses they gave me was because i was selling asic miners

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:41:16 PM

You can record what ever you want.  You just won't be able to use it in a court of law in some jurisdictions, thus the suggestion to record all calls and create transcripts of the calls in those states where two party consent is required.

Not true.  Even recording audio is a crime in many jurisdictions.  That's what cops are using against people recording them that they don't like.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:44:01 PM

UPDATE: LETTER OF INTENT TO SUE HAS BEEN DELIVERED AND SIGNED FOR

The two week clock for them to resolve the issue starts tomorrow, which means if we do not have resolution by the 24th, its go time.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Much Luck here. This is going to be extremely interesting and perhaps set some precedent to other companies.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Nightwatchman

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

Best of luck, OP!

I've just spent a sleepless night (location: Down Under) fretting about a chargeback filed against me.

Not BTC related goods but the principles are the same.

The obfuscation in Paypal's e-mail communiques is criminal in itself.

It's interesting that Paypal is yet to turn a profit. They conduct themselves in an amateur way; when speaking with them on the phone there is a sense they're making it up as they go. Is Paypal simply a flawed business idea?

Go get 'em tiger!
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:23:49 PM

Wow.  This is really big!  It seems like the case is totally in OP's favor.  I don't know how a court of law could not see that, but of course the battle is just beginning here.

My question is what will the end result be?  Could this take down Paypal forever?  Will it help Bitcoin in the end?  Or will this just be one small step in keeping Paypal accountable for how they treat their customers?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

With which payment options it is cheaper to pay the anything ?

1. Bitcoin ?
2. PayPal ?

Huh

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

What about all the people who use paypal everyday just fine? 
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:58:05 PM

Oh yeah, we forgot about those 7 people. ummmmmm. well their day is coming i'm sure. Nobody gets away from paypal scott free unless they dont use their account or never sell anything.

igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

For me Paypal payment is much cheaper option of Bitcoin payment, about 5-10 %.
and Bitcoin is totally unsafe and unstable, today BTC price is 940 usd, and tomorrow can be 500 usd or zero !!!

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:18:38 PM

UPDATE

Hello all, and thank you for your support again, for personal reasons ( a very high intolerance to children who think that they have the world all figure out and can never be wrong as demonstrated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406850.0 ) I have decided to leave Bitcointalk.org and stick to a forum that i use that is not so over run with trolls, and morons. Not saying that any of you on this thread are any of that, but outside of this thread it seems every single thread on this forum has the typical childish nonsense and you cant make or even read a topic without it. So i am throwing in the towel with it here. again nothing personal, i am just too old to have tolerance for such ignorance.

I am not going to leave all of you hanging none the less, as i have made many great friends through this forum over my short month or two here. so i am going to continue updating on this matter over at this link: https://www.bitcoinforum.com/bitcoin-discussion/bitcoin-vs-paypal-and-paypal-is-getting-sued/

Again, its nothing personal against any single individual... Well maybe a few, but i am just too old to have tolerance for the kid stuff.

So it is with a humble farewell that i end with my final goodbye. Thanks to all of you for your support thus far, it was really nice to know i wasn't alone in being done wrong by paypal.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:25:37 PM

UPDATE

Hello all, and thank you for your support again, for personal reasons ( a very high intolerance to children who think that they have the world all figure out and can never be wrong as demonstrated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406850.0 ) I have decided to leave Bitcointalk.org and stick to a forum that i use that is not so over run with trolls, and morons. Not saying that any of you on this thread are any of that, but outside of this thread it seems every single thread on this forum has the typical childish nonsense and you cant make or even read a topic without it. So i am throwing in the towel with it here. again nothing personal, i am just too old to have tolerance for such ignorance.

I am not going to leave all of you hanging none the less, as i have made many great friends through this forum over my short month or two here. so i am going to continue updating on this matter over at this link: https://www.bitcoinforum.com/bitcoin-discussion/bitcoin-vs-paypal-and-paypal-is-getting-sued/

Again, its nothing personal against any single individual... Well maybe a few, but i am just too old to have tolerance for the kid stuff.

So it is with a humble farewell that i end with my final goodbye. Thanks to all of you for your support thus far, it was really nice to know i wasn't alone in being done wrong by paypal.

Loads of bollocks about your fight with paypal just to advertise your own forum.
Your trust really says all.
And you want to win with paypal, when kids made u quit this forum?

Good job, in my eyes u just prove what a looser you are.

shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:26:30 PM

Please post an address for donations.

Hey guys, thanks for the support, I wasnt really looking for donations. The minute someone starts seeking money for something a conversation usually turns from being productive into a whole other conversations about "scam, rippoff, blah blah, troll some more etc." Im sure you get the idea. I will post an address for now for people who want to send donations for whatever, but i do have to re-state, as of now, the legal team is not charging me anything so donations would be more on principal than anything. Also if posting a donation address starts to take this thread off topic and in another direction, please understand that i will take down the address. I do not want this to turn into one of "those" threads.

Again, thank you all for your support, we are patiently awaiting confirmation from the post office that the letter has been delivered and signed for. I will be sure and update you all once that happens as that is when the 2 weeks to take action clock begins.

(also on a side note, i had one of our buyers get scared and back out on a Round 1 batch 2 ( march delivery) BA x-3 machine because of paypal freezing their funds as well for sending us payment through paypal. If anyone is interested i can contact BA and see if they will allow an address transfer or something if you want to buy it. Just message me)

Donation address: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4

Why the sudden change of heart?  There was no issue with some poor woman using another BTC Addresse that you claim to control in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406850.msg4417376#msg4417376

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:34:56 PM

two week

Scammer words. Grin

More seriously, this sounds very fishy, and I would not advise anyone to join this alt forum.
At least do it with a completely different username/password/email.
If you do, please post any related Terrahash post back on this thread, too.  Wink

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
g35fan

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:41:41 PM

UPDATE

Loads of bollocks about your fight with paypal just to advertise your own forum.
Your trust really says all.
And you want to win with paypal, when kids made u quit this forum?

Good job, in my eyes u just prove what a looser you are.

I second that. The nerve to actually post his wallet address for donations. This isn't a class action suite and you didn't even get billed by your legal "team" yet. Pft. Likely you'll never go to trial and he's just an emotional person who got their funds frozen by a processor which happens to 100's and 100's of people every single day. I'd be more than happy to apologize to the OP if he provides a docket # in the future but I have a feeling it's way less about btc than it is about getting his money...which he will, eventually, in 3-6 months time.
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:48:25 PM

Oh yeah, we forgot about those 7 people. ummmmmm. well their day is coming i'm sure. Nobody gets away from paypal scott free unless they dont use their account or never sell anything.

But you state in the first sentence of your original post that you've done "close to 1 million dollars in sales in the past year alone

Sorry if I have no sympathy for you, but it seems like paypal did pretty well for you
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:51:00 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the support, I wasnt really looking for donations. The minute someone starts seeking money for something a conversation usually turns from being productive into a whole other conversations about "scam, rippoff, blah blah, troll some more etc." Im sure you get the idea. I will post an address for now for people who want to send donations for whatever, but i do have to re-state, as of now, the legal team is not charging me anything so donations would be more on principal than anything. Also if posting a donation address starts to take this thread off topic and in another direction, please understand that i will take down the address. I do not want this to turn into one of "those" threads.

Again, thank you all for your support, we are patiently awaiting confirmation from the post office that the letter has been delivered and signed for. I will be sure and update you all once that happens as that is when the 2 weeks to take action clock begins.

Thank you for the affirmation that i was making the right choice by leaving this forum, i almost felt bad for a minute. as you can clearly see above I DID NOT WANT TO DO ANY DONATION, and knowing the mentality of the kids on here knew exactly what was going to happen. Furthermore, i DO NOT OWN the other forum, i am just a moderator there, and as for the rest, it has nothing to do with emotions, its tolerance. I have a rather explosive personality and i have found it best just to stay away from people with childish mentalities who are in a fight for digital validation of their pathetic lives. With that, i bid you all farewell, and leave with a thank you to all of those who were true spporters.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

Thank you for the affirmation that i was making the right choice by leaving this forum, i almost felt bad for a minute. as you can clearly see above I DID NOT WANT TO DO ANY DONATION, and knowing the mentality of the kids on here knew exactly what was going to happen. Furthermore, i DO NOT OWN the other forum, i am just a moderator there, and as for the rest, it has nothing to do with emotions, its tolerance. I have a rather explosive personality and i have found it best just to stay away from people with childish mentalities who are in a fight for digital validation of their pathetic lives. With that, i bid you all farewell, and leave with a thank you to all of those who were true spporters.
"...childish mentalities"- i think its you who have mentality like that.
ok, my mistake you don't own the forum but still advertising that.
JOKE should be your second name.
Ok, you said it once so just go to the other forum and stay there where unicorns jumping over the rainbow and all people loving each other.
Bitcointalk reality is to much for such "explosive personality" like you.
hastalavista

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:14:32 PM

i dont get it - is this terrahasher aka bitcoinhasher now a scammer or not
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:33:29 PM

jaequery is most likely a "donation" scammer.
And she asks for donations to an address controlled by Terrahasher:
https://i.imgur.com/gbTCgWe.jpg

Also, Terrahasher:
- claims to be calm, but gets pissed as soon as he's busted
- claims to own 80k+ bitcoins and has a donation address in signature Grin
- claims he's never been scammed, and still posts interesting screenshot with lots of useful data (could it be on purpose ?  Roll Eyes)
- claims he has been in bitcoin world for 5 years and still thinks people actually type in each character of their bitcoin addresses when asking for donations (and thus can make typos...)

Kudos to shawshankinmate37927 for busting this guy.
100% scammer in my book.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: