Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:18:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:35:28 PM

Poolerino down. Anyone know anything about it?
Charityminingpools and coinmine.pw also down.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 12:36:54 PM

Looks like a couple of pools have gone down today, chainz & my wallet matches, deposit recently confirmed on Mintpal. Can you PM me details/txID of your stuck transactions? Is it related to Charity pools or have they appeared already in you wallet? Does it need to be closed and restarted, sorry just throwing ideas out there.

Edit: http://multi.hasher.ca/, http://nobl.lifeforce.info/, http://www.coinium.org/pool/NOBL, http://noble.coek.com/, http://nobl.blockchasers.com/ all look OK on my end, perhaps it's time to spread the love?

kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:53:32 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 01:20:38 PM by kresu

I tried another pools from ANN page, so far found this info on the pool http://nobl.lifeforce.info:

UPDATE: Noblecoin Forked: Coins from around 4pm 07-06-2014 (server time) to 4pm 08-06-2014 (server time) are invalid. Coins stored on our server prior to this are unaffected. Coins mined since then are fine again.

This pool (http://nobl.lifeforce.info) seems to be alive with many (12-13) miners and 80-100 MH/s.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:35:15 PM

Looks like a couple of pools have gone down today, chainz & my wallet matches, deposit recently confirmed on Mintpal. Can you PM me details/txID of your stuck transactions? Is it related to Charity pools or have they appeared already in you wallet? Does it need to be closed and restarted, sorry just throwing ideas out there.

Edit: http://multi.hasher.ca/, http://nobl.lifeforce.info/, http://www.coinium.org/pool/NOBL, http://noble.coek.com/, http://nobl.blockchasers.com/ all look OK on my end, perhaps it's time to spread the love?
Stuck transactions are from charitypools. Looks like there was a fork and those coins are gone.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 01:44:04 PM

Come get your NOBL!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Worker Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your NOBL wallet address OR a generated Global Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3654

NOBL go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your NOBL (>100)!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:49:36 PM

It saddens me that there are people that feel the need to try to "destroy" a coin..
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:50:03 PM

Knight

Knight was and still is an attempt to secure Noble with higher hashrates from true supporters, longterm holders as well as from myself and personal contacts. We have consistently defended NOBL hash for weeks at a loss while we have been under constant attack. We've reached combined hashrates of 300MH+, spent 1-2BTC every few days out of pocket in some cases to increase security, confirmed over $75,000 in longterm ASIC 'investment' that will be used to secure NOBL as best we can purely 'inhouse' in the coming 6 months, and as we have for months continue to promote the necessity longterm of merge-mining for all coins or this will happen sooner or later to all coins.

The higher the hash we get, the higher hash we're met with in response, the stronger we make pools with our own hash (think the 'Nobility' & 'Knight' accounts on Charity Mining & Poolerino) the more hash was thrown our way. Look at the extraction graph, we've dealt with this from the same coin as well as numerous others for months.

We're not sitting idly by, we're well aware of the concerns. Those of you who don't have the patience or fear Noble will be dead because of a few weeks of trouble perhaps haven't been around here long enough. I'm not making any empty promises, but we're also not going to be forking to a centralized solution. Every day the more that sell and the more that leave because they are thinking of daily profit the weaker NOBL IS going to get. That's how crypto works.

People are milking and mining NOBL at a loss to get us out of the picture. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. They're selling awfully cheap coins at a loss to people who know cryptocurrencies can take years to reach full maturity. Community members have wanted me to consistently release news that is positive and perhaps fake to instil a false sense of security. I'm making them very unhappy right now because we've never bullshitted. Our market cap is low, so our hash is low, so our security is low. That doesn't mean we're going to cave in.

We wanted Knight to be a positive release, we've been using it for weeks in an attempt to secure NOBL, but someone keeps throwing more and more money at us to bring us to this point. It's working, more are selling, more are panicking, hashrate is decreasing. I don't blame you if you do, this is a tough scene especially so it seems for us. Instead we're being consistently attacked and Knight is constantly being put to the test by someone with more resources than us. Doesn't mean we're not going to continue on with our gameplan. Our aces have been kept closely guarded, and if they come to fruition they will rock, but nothing is ever set in stone.

You need to think and act positively, we can't do everything - we've been working for 5 months but we aren't NOBL - you all are. We need you, announcements, work, infrastructure and projects from you just as much as you need it from us. That's the truth.

WOW, those are HUGE investments!

Could you share some details about the ASIC hardware, so we can also acquire the most efficient/legit/reliable/quickly shipped hardware?
I keep asking about ASICs here and on irc, but still nobody can answer me what is better to buy right now:
- gridseed?
- zeus?
- preorder (triton) and wait?
- other options?

I'm looking for something about 10 MH, Triton looks fantastic, but you never know if it is only a promise.
Edit: OR maybe, since nobody replies, buying a Scrypt ASIC is just non-profitable (heroic but not so smart?)
Anyway, I want to try, profitable or not.

Any proven manufacturers?
Do you also think that all of them (manufacturers) will mine on customers' ASICs until it will be more profitable to sell them instead of keep mining?
So the ROI for average Joe will be from 6 months to never?

OR, perhaps, spreading such opinions ("you will never ROI") is just a FUD to prevent people from buing ASICs, so those who say that can order more and start earlier?

What do you guys think about buying a small (up to, say, 1000$) ASIC right now?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:22:01 PM

LOL... So we are supposed to have many "good" exchanges except Bittrex, and realized this until they clean up NOBL. I guess NOBL should remove itself from Cryptsy voting list too, unless you admit Cryptsy now is a "good" exchange. And NOBL should never ever be in Bittrex in the future.

You and your ten posts need to blow away. We are not Morons here. good bye fool.

Please chill a bit. Everybody has their right to say what they think.

@ cryptsy: They ignored us since launch, adding only crap after crap after crap, never considering us. Even took multiple mails to get us on the voting list.. We choose to not actively pursue getting on cryptsy anymore.

I get sick of trolls trying to pile it on. He's on my ignore so you won't have to worry about me commenting on an ignorant that has no reading comprehension.

Being Noble does not mean taking abuse or suffering fools. Lets get that straight.

OK Now on topic.

We are seeing the shear power of asic to destroy a coin and are trying to defend with our own asic's and failing. I think we can all agree to that statement. So the reason that we have not changed Algo's is to stop a hard fork, well guess what we got one anyway. And it will keep happening until the main issue is addressed. The only way to protect this coin is to change algo's and to continue to do so every time a asic is made for the one we are running. Unless this merge mining is going to actually happen. And for the Asic's already defending the coin they can be used to shore the price.

Now since any coin that is profitable will eventually have an asic created for it we need to look at the economics and decide logically how to progress to protect from this inevitability. If we goto a algo like X13 (looks like X11 is already fpga) then we can see how quickly that road will fail (just bye looking at x-11) So the only other real choice is an "N" factor I think (correct me if I am wrong). But we do not have to choose any specific "N" factor that is already implemented. We should look at getting our own mix of algo's. Scrypt-Jane is a great example to look at when deciding what way to proceed.

I have not or do I intend to do any in depth analysis of algo's as I have stated previously as The time investment just is not worth the effort for me. But there are those here who are capable and have the investment that this would make this a valid endeavor for their time.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:31:56 PM

OK Now on topic.

We are seeing the shear power of asic to destroy a coin and are trying to defend with our own asic's and failing. I think we can all agree to that statement. So the reason that we have not changed Algo's is to stop a hard fork, well guess what we got one anyway. And it will keep happening until the main issue is addressed. The only way to protect this coin is to change algo's and to continue to do so every time a asic is made for the one we are running. Unless this merge mining is going to actually happen. And for the Asic's already defending the coin they can be used to shore the price.

Now since any coin that is profitable will eventually have an asic created for it we need to look at the economics and decide logically how to progress to protect from this inevitability. If we goto a algo like X13 (looks like X11 is already fpga) then we can see how quickly that road will fail (just bye looking at x-11) So the only other real choice is an "N" factor I think (correct me if I am wrong). But we do not have to choose any specific "N" factor that is already implemented. We should look at getting our own mix of algo's. Scrypt-Jane is a great example to look at when deciding what way to proceed.

I have not or do I intend to do any in depth analysis of algo's as I have stated previously as The time investment just is not worth the effort for me. But there are those here who are capable and have the investment that this would make this a valid endeavor for their time.

I fail to see the reasoning behind that logic. Anyone having that much hashing power (= money) can do the same thing using any algo. And there are other ways to get that amount of hashing power to work for you if you were to put bounties on a coin. Like join me: i'll pay you and if we get a succesfull fork you get a bonus. If they are after you, you can not hide.
Besides that, think of the amount of people requiring to update thair wallets and such. I doubt the community will grow if they need to change a lot to keep up.

But I do share your concerns though although I do not have an answer besides that we should go more commercial maybe.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:39:31 PM

There are people/groups that can get GHs worth of mining power from GPUs alone.. How will a different algo defend against GPUs? I'm afraid we will see a similar hashrate distribution as we are seeing now. (though it would cost the attackers more resources)
Git_2058

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:55:37 PM

There are people/groups that can get GHs worth of mining power from GPUs alone.. How will a different algo defend against GPUs? I'm afraid we will see a similar hashrate distribution as we are seeing now. (though it would cost the attackers more resources)
True, I've seen a guy who has a 4.6GH GPU farm in the industry environment; he said he used to run only part of minging force...

Scrypt-N may not be the way to go as there are ASIC miners availabe soon. Can we come up our own aglo, more or less that will delay the GPU or ASIC miners, but if we can mine with cpu only, we may lose miners too, ... just a thinking, anyway, never mind.

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:03:51 PM

Why would people attack this coin?

Do they target all scrypt coins and try to make double spend attacks?

Or is it noble that get a special treatment for some reason?

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:07:43 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 05:30:35 PM by james6546

I think we have some enemies, probably the same people who are involved in the scam coins and see us as a threat.

My opinion is that we should stay with scrypt, inevitably this will happen with any algo. The only way to not have this happen is to constantly switch algos, which is a crap idea.

I think there will only be a temporary spate of attacks, then the "good side" will catch up in terms of hash power.
Git_2058

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

I think we have some enemies, probably the same people who are involved in the scam coins and see us as a threat.

My opinion is that we should stay with scrypt, inevitably this will happen with any algo. The only way to not have this happen is to constantly switch algos, which is a crap idea.

I think there will only be a temporary spare of attacks, then the "good side" will catch up in terms of hash power.

Hard to say this is an attack, that guy probably wasted a few days mining, maybe he was initially thinking he can get profits here by mining hard.
How about hosting a poll thread about the algo community prefers?

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:34:52 PM

And the bolded part is the crux of my argument. Even BTC can be taken down It's just the cost that must be kept too high to make it a viable solution.

True, I've seen a guy who has a 4.6GH GPU farm in the industry environment; he said he used to run only part of minging force...

Scrypt-N may not be the way to go as there are ASIC miners availabe soon. Can we come up our own aglo, more or less that will delay the GPU or ASIC miners, but if we can mine with cpu only, we may lose miners too, ... just a thinking, anyway, never mind.

Sorry but I thought "N" factor was an adjustment to algo's and not an algo in of itself. But I do like your thinking and I feel this dialog is imperative for the safety of this coin. burying our head in the sand and saying we are doing all we can is not enough. Also don't get me wrong guys I think the amount of effort and dedication is far exceeding what I would have dreamed possible. I just feel it is a failing strategy where one hard fork can save the day. So what if in 6 months or a year we have to hard fork again? Eventually the ASIC creators will realize it is not cost effective when coins move from their algo's as soon as the ASIC is released. Take away the incentive to create ASIC's and there will no longer be any. Once those who loss money on their hardware get burned they won't be so eager to gamble on it again. This is really the only defense to ASIC unless someone still thinks a brute force protection scheme of fighting asic with asic is working?

We do seem to get special treatment but we are also in a special area of vulnerability that other coins are not. I would argue that we are the MOST vulnerable coin ATM.

I think there will only be a temporary spare of attacks, then the "good side" will catch up in terms of hash power.

Please explain why that is a crap idea? Without it the fork comes anyway unless you have not noticed. at least with changing with the times we control how the fork is handled.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:36:18 PM

Stop fantasizing and complaining about ooh the bad mojo, do something for real.
Cheap talk won't fix it. This coin is dead for now. You failed at each and every challenge.

How about some market making activity, theres nothing bad about it.
And the market doesn't care wether you like it and if it fits your narrow moral understanding of how things should be.

You were trying to sell camel shit on a camel market.
You've been fighting windmills, and you lost. You've ended up being a waste of energy for me and a lot of other people.
Just another bunch of crazy, delusional losers who collected time and money from their deplorable followers.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:42:22 PM

What do you guys think about buying a small (up to, say, 1000$) ASIC right now?

If it were me I wouldn't. The reason being is I think the people with deep pockets will be buying 400mh/s KnC Titans and that's who you'll be competing against. JMHO

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:45:20 PM

Stop fantasizing and complaining about ooh the bad mojo, do something for real.
Cheap talk won't fix it. This coin is dead for now. You failed at each and every challenge.

How about some market making activity, theres nothing bad about it.
And the market doesn't care wether you like it and if it fits your narrow moral understanding of how things should be.

You were trying to sell camel shit on a camel market.
You've been fighting windmills, and you lost. You've ended up being a waste of energy for me and a lot of other people.
Just another bunch of crazy, delusional losers who collected time and money from their deplorable followers.

gaypicthatmakesnosense.jpg

Ummm what?
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:52:24 PM

Please explain why that is a crap idea? Without it the fork comes anyway unless you have not noticed. at least with changing with the times we control how the fork is handled.

Well the way I see it (and I am aware that I am not that experienced), if you fork to a certain flavour, and then an ASIC is developed for that, you would have to then fork again to avoid ASICs.

To me this shows weakness and that the coin is scared and running from change rather than embracing it. It also shows that the devs are a little too trigger happy to fork the coin and that it could potentially mean that they unknowingly fork to an untested method and ruin everything.

ASICs are inevitable and I think that us weathering the storm and fighting back, rather than running would be the sensible and strong thing to do.
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

hhhaaayyy... Poolerino and Coinmine are both still down... ah, had just directed my GPUs to mine Bitcoin head-on... hope tomorrow, everything will be normal then we can mine NOBL again... i'm just doin' a positive thinking...

Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: