Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bittydude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:09:01 AM

DO NOT USE, MALICIOUS!!! CHANGES DEPOSIT/WITHDRAWAL ADDRESS
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:12:30 AM

I am all for covering losses. However, I feel after this round of coverage, you should only pick 1-2 exchanges that NOBL Certified. People shouldn't be trading on these smaller exchanges any longer now that mintpal and poloniex have picked up nobl and proven themselves reliable and trusting and small exchanges go down so frequently you can't cover every last loss,. This will serve a dual purposes, it will consolidate our trading volume, giving the coin a more active appearance on a day to day basis which will in turn drive up costs, and give NOBL a feature unique in the crypto universe. A guarrantee.

That's exactly how I feel. With larger exchanges and volume though I doubt we could handle a larger exchange going upside down so I don't know if we need to continue. However it let us do something a bit 'special' with the premine and let us prove we're not full of it. It's gotten us here and people can be more careful with crypto on exchanges from this point onwards. Just my opinion.

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:17:08 AM

I am all for covering losses. However, I feel after this round of coverage, you should only pick 1-2 exchanges that NOBL Certified. People shouldn't be trading on these smaller exchanges any longer now that mintpal and poloniex have picked up nobl and proven themselves reliable and trusting and small exchanges go down so frequently you can't cover every last loss,. This will serve a dual purposes, it will consolidate our trading volume, giving the coin a more active appearance on a day to day basis which will in turn drive up costs, and give NOBL a feature unique in the crypto universe. A guarrantee.

That's exactly how I feel. With larger exchanges and volume though I doubt we could handle a larger exchange going upside down so I don't know if we need to continue. However it let us do something a bit 'special' with the premine and let us prove we're not full of it. It's gotten us here and people can be more careful with crypto on exchanges from this point onwards. Just my opinion.

That is true, I guess it would be hard to cover something like mintpal. If we do the Noble certified idea, which I think is a good idea, I would like agx to be one of them
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:19:39 AM

Because we have reserves and were convinced CoinEX was reliable as well as 'endorsed' them. Imagine if with the failure of Mt Gox, Satoshi or the BTC community came out of the blue and covered everyones losses. What might that have meant for BTC? I know we're no BTC, but we can set a bit of a precedent and example by doing 'the right thing', let's us walk the walk a little. That being said, CoinEx will be the last exchange hack we may cover. Lessons have been learned and we're on much more seemingly reliable ones now.

Ponder it please. Let me know.
Ok, after some talks and thinking I started to realize that covering this could be a good move.
Even lowering the reserve stash could be good — less premine, less questions... — the remaning wallets will simply become more valuable, so we, as a community, are not loosing anything. Wink
Am I correct?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I'd like to make sure the majority are aware of this and they have given their approval. We never had to cover too much CoinMarket loss after all the detective work, but CoinEX will be a different issue. I'll try touching base one last time. Should we go ahead one final time now that we're on all the exchanges to show that NOBL can cover their community for their own little MtGox?

Following this we will still have 100million+ in reserves, we've 'proven' ourselves and gotten onto the larger exchanges. I also have gotten to know personally a number of the people who have lost large amounts, and they 'invested' big, helping drive the price up in January, and won't be cashing out huge amounts to make NOBL suffer any time soon.
I have mixed feelings about this.
We are not connected/affiliated with coinex (as we hadn't with coinmarket). Almost everyone suffered at least one hack/steal/incompetence and lost his coins (me - about three times).
Why the coinex victims should be rewarded?
For example, we had here in Poland some promising young exchange, "bidextreme" — trading btc/ltc/pln, with smooth fiat deposits/withdrawals.
Suddenly they dissappeared with my 0.6 btc (at the moment I had 0.6 btc, but what if I had converted it to LTC?) — should BTC community reward my losses, OR LTC community, OR my central bank (in case I had PLN at the moment of a "hack") ?

Sorry for that but I don't feel responsible for such cases.
Please convince me.

I feel i'm one of the few that have not suffered any significant loss. The entirety of my NOBL portfolio got stuck in coinmarket.io for 2-3 weeks, and the price went down almost 300% in that time, but I was eventually still able to withdrawal the coins. So no loss in NOBL, but plenty of loss in BTC from lack of trading.

With NOBL devs certifying an exchange, it becomes safer to store your stash in NOBL rather than BTC. Gaining a repuation like that is every altcoins dream. Its the first step to becoming the new standard.
problem with this is that the premine isnt endless. 100m left soon with 1000m available means the premine will be depleted with another hack.

i think this should be the last time anything is covered. people learned their lessons and the safety of your coins is in the end your own responsibility.

the fact that rofo is covering a couple of thousand of dollars to some individuals is by it self more than anyone could even dream of..
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:20:43 AM

That is true, I guess it would be hard to cover something like mintpal. If we do the Noble certified idea, which I think is a good idea, I would like agx to be one of them

Don't worry about MintPal. The guy only lives 60 miles from me. You can see his house on Google street view.

In fact because the UK is quite small and he is centrally located, I'd guess that he lives within 300 miles of everyone on this board that lives over here.

Wink
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:25:18 AM

Don't worry about MintPal. The guy only lives 60 miles from me. You can see his house on Google street view.

In fact because the UK is quite small and he is centrally located, I'd guess that he lives within 300 miles of everyone on this board that lives over here.

Wink

Really? Didn't know the guy was based in the UK.

I am too, and in the midlands, so we could go visit if there are any problems!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:27:06 AM

i think this should be the last time anything is covered. people learned their lessons and the safety of your coins is in the end your own responsibility.

Yes, I think we can agree (as I tried to make a point before) this can be the last time it's done, since we've made it into the 'big league'. Tongue

Think of it this way though, ontopicplease put down 7BTC on Polo as bids to support our price today because of the support he gets from us and the CoinEX dramas. Good deeds mean a lot in this scene..

Mk2vr6

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:27:23 AM

Wink

Really? Didn't know the guy was based in the UK.

I am too, and in the midlands, so we could go visit if there are any problems!

Haha. Yeah do a who is on the domain.

I bet he's closer to you than you think. Telford IIRC.

I'm in Northampton.

Although how long he'll live there for I don't know. He must be making 10k a day in fees!

Edit/ my mistake - london
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:47:09 AM

Let's cover them then, and make it loud! Smiley

But do we have certainty about at least 90% of affected addreses?
Because — what if another victims will suddenly wake up, with another 25 mln Noble of stuck withdrawals to be covered?

Edit: I guess it has been deeply investigated in the blockchain, hasn't it? If so, just forget my silly question... Wink
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:39:40 PM

Hello Community,

due a massive computer crash we have lost many of our wallets ( even our backup files are destroyed ! )

we have could save some of them please do not send us any donation now we will update our website asap

Do not use a address from our website until it is stated to save to use ! behind the address !!

we have lost our noblecoin wallet .......

we will update here our new address also in here and on our website !

in the hope we get some coins back for our project !

cincerly Paul,

CEO Save The Greyhounds in spain Project

1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:47:10 PM

Hello Community,

due a massive computer crash we have lost many of our wallets ( even our backup files are destroyed ! )

we have could save some of them please do not send us any donation now we will update our website asap

Do not use a address from our website until it is stated to save to use ! behind the address !!

cincerly Paul,

Is it not possible to manually import the wallet address into a new wallet like you would do with a paper wallet? When you do know the private key, you should be able to access it still right?
otherwise why would a paper wallet work. Not sure though regarding the transactions and such as that is 1 of the reasons why wallets should be backed up.
tyson187

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:49:44 PM

Hello Community,

cincerly Paul,

sounds like bullshit to me
paulus51

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

Hello Community,

cincerly Paul,

Is it not possible to manually import the wallet address into a new wallet like you would do with a paper wallet? When you do know the private key, you should be able to access it still right?
otherwise why would a paper wallet work. Not sure though regarding the transactions and such as that is 1 of the reasons why wallets should be backed up.

that could be possible if i had the wallet.dat file save but it isnt its gone we have find some coin wallets back on a usb  stick look at our donation page

paulus51

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:59:31 PM

Hello Community,

cincerly Paul,

dont make any accusation until your 100 % convinced that it is bullshit !

i hereby welcome you into my house and search my whole computer to find them , they are lost and i have manage to get some wallets back see our website for more info

shame on you , m8

[ edit ]
                                                           old address                                               new address

NobleCoin Adress    :  9etPh4hc8wRkd6VKE1Z2fPGWRa9LmbEma6   9Uf7xLHvi4Pvc4azV5fThb1VAZQYqJsUSw  Save to Use !

tyson187

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:05:46 PM

Hello Community,

cincerly Paul,

dont make any accusation until your 100 % convinced that it is bullshit !

i hereby welcome you into my house and search my whole computer to find them , they are lost and i have manage to get some wallets back see our website for more info

shame on you , m8

shame on me , you are the one who didn´t back up the wallets , and now you claim that with a massive crash all your wallets are gone ,the wallets are not gone unless you formated the harddisk , all I see is you trying to get more donations with this scam
paulus51

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:10:10 PM

shame on me , you are the one who didn´t back up the wallets , and now you claim that with a massive crash all your wallets are gone ,the wallets are not gone unless you formated the harddisk , all I see is you trying to get more donations with this scam

i am not trying anything sire, please read well we just giving out some important information out here nothing more nothing les ..............

and yes maybe the backup didnt go properly as they should be i suppose, but we have taken proper measures to avoid that in future ............
murkster

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 01:11:55 PM

Hello Community,

cincerly Paul,

Have the other wallets gone also.? Globalcoin etc.?

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
paulus51

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:14:49 PM

Hello Community,

cincerly Paul,

Have the other wallets gone also.? Globalcoin etc.?

yes pleas take a look at our donation page i have updated them just minutes ago and working at a solution for new wallets but it take some time :

http://savegreyhound.hol.es/donation-page/

i will let the old adresses written there like this   number wallet address  so every one can check them

i am a honnest man 55 years old so i do not need any bullshit arround our project
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:25:07 PM

@paulus51

I was mentioning the following which you can try:
Create a new wallet,
Open the wallet and wait till it is synchronized
Go to the debug option of the wallet
enter "importprivkey <wallet address>" like mentioned: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-qt

This should give you access to your wallets again if you atleast know your private key/password.

(maybe you need to do a "noblecoin-qt.exe -rescan" after, not sure as I never had to do this myself. Google "bitcoin-qt rescan" to find examples)
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: