Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46461 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

The image is loading fine for me.  Bitcointalk blocks the image from loading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:53:38 AM

The image is loading fine for me.  Bitcointalk blocks the image from loading.

[/quote

Thanks for the update

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:38:11 PM

Inaba thanks for BLOCKING ME... you CANT handle a little customer feed back Huh You delay customers shipments and then you dont bless them with some money or and extra rig. You should learn from Cointerra, at less they are trying to make it up to the customers.

Sorry people unfortunate I wont be able to update you any more :/  Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Cry Sad Angry Shocked Smiley Wink Cheesy Roll Eyes

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:40:51 AM

The image is loading fine for me.  Bitcointalk blocks the image from loading.

- image: https://i.imgur.com/JoJXtig.jpg

Thanks for the update

Looks like some old core memory in a cheap Chinese screwdriver set box.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:00:26 AM

Inaba thanks for BLOCKING ME... you CANT handle a little customer feed back Huh You delay customers shipments and then you dont bless them with some money or and extra rig. You should learn from Cointerra, at less they are trying to make it up to the customers.

Sorry people unfortunate I wont be able to update you any more :/  Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Cry Sad Angry Shocked Smiley Wink Cheesy Roll Eyes

Didn't you post this same picture a couple weeks ago with the same complaint?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:51:00 PM

Thanks for the update

Cheap that is definitely a design goal at BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:45:52 PM

Thanks for the update

Cheap that is definitely a design goal at BFL.

How your PCB design is Mr Bick ?
Because the WASP is just a PCB in fact...still designing for Bitfury chips While others (marto, barntech, etc,etc ) have done this age ago...
What a joke...
Come back when you are able to design even a 110nm chips.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

[...]

Oh look, it's this idiot again.
fractal02

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:50:30 PM

This weirdo post the same thing over and over...
Truly a psychiatric case.
fractal02

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:55:07 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 08:13:44 PM by fractal02

Sorry Dropt, even the biggest troll i don't ignore....except you, cheers  Kiss
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:05:28 PM

Sorry Dropt, even the biggest troll i don't ignore....except you, cheers  Kiss

Nice try bubs.  If you had me on ignore you wouldn't have seen that I quoted you and edited out your stupidity.  Good to see you're still out there lying.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:19:38 PM

A FREEEEE update from your favorite boy:

05 February 2014 Monarch Update

Most subsystems (State, IO, frequency control, counters, etc) on the chip have been tested and passed. The engine tests are still ongoing. The test software was returning unexpected results which turned out to be a bug in the testing software and has been (and is being) rewritten from scratch, so testing of the engines is taking a little longer than expected. The current estimation is that we should be done testing the chip in the next few days. In the meantime, the packaged chips should be on their way to the testing facility, though I don't yet have tracking numbers or confirmation of this. I will be working on getting that today or tomorrow hopefully.

Once the packaged chips arrive at the testing facility, they will wire it up to the test harness and start conducting the full power tests to see just how far we might be able to push the chips and what their real world power consumption is.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:25:25 PM

A FREEEEE update from your favorite boy:

05 February 2014 Monarch Update

Most subsystems (State, IO, frequency control, counters, etc) on the chip have been tested and passed. The engine tests are still ongoing. The test software was returning unexpected results which turned out to be a bug in the testing software and has been (and is being) rewritten from scratch, so testing of the engines is taking a little longer than expected. The current estimation is that we should be done testing the chip in the next few days. In the meantime, the packaged chips should be on their way to the testing facility, though I don't yet have tracking numbers or confirmation of this. I will be working on getting that today or tomorrow hopefully.

Once the packaged chips arrive at the testing facility, they will wire it up to the test harness and start conducting the full power tests to see just how far we might be able to push the chips and what their real world power consumption is.

Lets see,600gh @ 350 watts.So,350 x 3=1050 watts  Cheesy  There ya go Josh,I did the math for you !!!!!!!!  Cool  Congrats!!!  Cheesy

Anyone got a bet going yet Huh  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

The test software was returning unexpected results which turned out to be a bug in the testing software and has been (and is being) rewritten from scratch.

I'm no Software Engineer, but can some one give me a rating on the scale of 0 - retarded for this here statement?
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:34:10 PM

Lets see,600gh @ 350 watts.So,350 x 3=1050 watts  Cheesy  There ya go Josh,I did the math for you !!!!!!!!  Cool  Congrats!!!  Cheesy

Anyone got a bet going yet Huh  Grin

Probably ~1W/GH like everyone else who's got 28nm tech, or they could shit the bed like they did with the 65nm. 
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

Did you guys seriously think you could have counted on BFL for shipping on time? SERIOUSLY?! C'mon.. stop kiddin' ya'selves! Cheesy

When you buy from BFL, you are buying a product that will be out-phased by the time it arrives on your doorstep. (aka: Paper-Weights)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:07:28 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 11:29:21 PM by Xian01

The test software was returning unexpected results which turned out to be a bug in the testing software and has been (and is being) rewritten from scratch.
I'm no Software Engineer, but can some one give me a rating on the scale of 0 - retarded for this here statement?

If memory serves, I believe there was a similarly curious statement made back during their 65nm testing days when they recognized they blew their power consumption numbers by at least a factor of two, that resulted in the need to force a redesign of the housing for their entire product line, and the Minirig being broken up into three separate units.

Remember with the Jalapeno was supposed to be a flat and thin coffee warmer originally ?

As for a rating, from 0 - retarded, I rate the statement Potato.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:20:20 AM

If memory serves, I believe there was a similarly curious statement made back during their 65nm testing days when they recognized they blew their power consumption numbers by at least a factor of two, that resulted in the need to force a redesign of the housing for their entire product line, and the Minirig being broken up into three separate units.

Remember with the Jalapeno was supposed to be a flat and thin coffee warmer originally ?

As for a rating, from 0 - retarded, I rate the statement Potato.

Powered right from your USB port!  Oh the clusterfuck that ensued when someone noticed a barrel jack on one of their  media/press releases.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:54:44 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:47:20 AM by Bicknellski

so testing of the engines is taking a little longer than expected.

Longer than expected? Really.

we should be done testing the chip in the next few days.

Wait a minute wasn't chop dice package test supposed to be done in 2 weeks? What gives? Been what 4+ weeks now or more.

the packaged chips should be on their way to the testing facility

Should be?

though I don't yet have tracking numbers or confirmation of this.

Does anyone else see the irony in no tracking numbers?

I will be working on getting that today or tomorrow hopefully.

What getting tracking numbers? 1 to 2 days to find out where the chips are?

they will wire it up to the test harness and start conducting the full power tests to see just how far we might be able to push the chips and what their real world power consumption is.

So they have not started testing of the chips in a "test harness"? Oh my and chip production continues? What if there is a problem?

Let us review their original timeline estimates and comments for everyone from the October snapshot:

Tape out August 2013
November / December    Initial Shipping   (Sold out)
January / February    Bulk Shipping

Q When do the 28nm Monarch cards ship?

A We've been in development for approximately six months.  We're now in the final stage of the process which is wafer start at the foundry.  However, we aren't shipping anytime soon.  This is a Pre-Order product, so if you're uncomfortable waiting an indeterminate length of time for the final phase, do NOT pre-order this product.

With that in mind, our current schedule is on track for shippments shipments to begin towards end of year.  

Here are the timeline milestones:

Tapeout (Initialization of wafer production)

Foundry production takes 10 weeks

Bumping, Slicing & BGA packaging takes approximately 2 weeks

Initial shipments begin and ramp up to full capacity over the following 3 weeks

Since this is our 2nd generation ASIC chip, we're largely free of risk from the pitfalls normally associated with a new chip design.  Testing systems, Bumping masks, Substrates & under fill engineering are all carryovers from our proven design so they're complete and ready for high volume production once the wafers are ready.  The importance of this can't be overstated.

Let us review.

August Tape Out was a lie it wasn't completed until December / January? 5 to 6 months late.
    Foundry was 20 weeks not 10 weeks.
    Bumping Slicing & BGA packaging (testing) was estimated 2 weeks. We are at 4 weeks now and still not tested.
    Initial shipments and ramp up to take 3 weeks. Ramp up must include testing of the packaged chips in the Monarch to establish stability. This will take 3 to 4 just on the testing and that is before production can start in earnest.

Ok does anyone see any GLARING omissions in the estimates from the past?

March? April? I suspect Q3 end of summer if you are lucky.

We've been in development for approximately six months. As stated in their October website. So count backwards please with me. October September August July June and May 2013. They have admitted they started development in May 2013. Now let us count forward May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February.  10 months.

Still no working chips.
Still no working Monarch.
Originally promised to ship in the bulk of orders in 15 weeks from mid October website claim.

November (4 weeks)
December (4 weeks)
January (4 weeks)

Bulk of orders were not shipped on January 16th or abouts... they still do not have working packaged chips.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:43:52 PM

This weirdo post the same thing over and over...
Truly a psychiatric case.

Thanks for the complement, ill make sure NOT to block you LOL Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: