Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46461 times)
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:31:57 PM

Captain obvious here. There's a problem in that picture.. water blocks should NOT be connected in series...only one asic will get useful cooling, the other will overheat quickly and probably fry itself or the board.

you dont understand water loops. take a look at SLI/xfire water loops some time.

I lol at the low hash rate and high error rate though. wonder how many watts that thing is drawing..

sooo glad I bailed the BFL ship after getting singed on my 65 nm gear.

Q=-kA(Ts-T) - Hot water absorbs energy slower than cold water!

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:39:18 PM

I just read Josh's posts and see he stated we are using grade D... I thought I heard B... my fault.

Here's a legitimate question:  BFL had that PCB rev with the power resistors on it to characterize the DC/DC regulation on their board months ago. Tell me, what the fuck exactly were they doing with that board to have made it this far only to realize "Oh, shit.  There's not enough copper in the power planes to handle all this current!"?  This is an even greater WTF moment when you consider the fact that Josh claims the BFL 28nm chip has come in under the expected power draw.

What kind of shitty Engineers is BFL employing or contracting that you continue to have these elementary problems?  Surely you have the answers since you're an employee of that trainwreck
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:06:28 PM

Captain obvious here. There's a problem in that picture.. water blocks should NOT be connected in series...only one asic will get useful cooling, the other will overheat quickly and probably fry itself or the board.

you dont understand water loops. take a look at SLI/xfire water loops some time.

I lol at the low hash rate and high error rate though. wonder how many watts that thing is drawing..

sooo glad I bailed the BFL ship after getting singed on my 65 nm gear.

Q=-kA(Ts-T) - Hot water absorbs energy slower than cold water!

True, but that's only if the water sits around long enough to get hot. Assuming the pump and radiator are working correctly and efficiently, there should a steady stream of cold water to quickly whisk away heat from several chips in a series. If it works for double/triple SLI and Crossfire setups, it should work for some BFL chips. Then again this is BFL we're talking about, so I doubt they've planned that far ahead.

I suppose it depends on how much energy these chips will consume (and give off as heat). If they meet their power specs (they won't), then it would be reasonable. CoinTerra, for example, has their water blocks set up in a parallel configuration (last I looked), which may be the result of each chip consuming ~500W.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

What kind of shitty Engineers is BFL employing or contracting that you continue to have these elementary problems?  Surely you have the answers since you're an employee of that trainwreck

BFL doesn't care about skills, all you need to do to get a job there is shill for them on BCT.

Buy & Hold
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:45:47 PM

BFL doesn't care about skills, all you need to do to get a job there is shill for them on BCT.

D's get degrees!  At least that's what I hear.  Although during my time at post-secondary you had to have at least C's to graduate.
nibbknot

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:15:43 PM

I just read Josh's posts and see he stated we are using grade D... I thought I heard B... my fault.

Here's a legitimate question:  BFL had that PCB rev with the power resistors on it to characterize the DC/DC regulation on their board months ago. Tell me, what the fuck exactly were they doing with that board to have made it this far only to realize "Oh, shit.  There's not enough copper in the power planes to handle all this current!"?  This is an even greater WTF moment when you consider the fact that Josh claims the BFL 28nm chip has come in under the expected power draw.

Let me try this again. BFL is stalling as long as possible to ship to their customers using whatever excuses they can. 4 or 5 batches (maybe more) of chips have already been sent to BFL and turned into pcb where upon miners whether you want to call them monarchs or not were made and shipped to the various hosting companies that Sonny has a vested interest in. That explains the difficulty hike for the past months somewhat.

BUT for sake of argument let's pretend that what I say and know is not true. That means BFL only recieved 1-2 batches of chips at most. None on pcb yet except for test units. More chips are on order or on their way. The Monarchs are obsolete as we speak but are at least a month away or more to be shipped to the first customers. That means that all the industrial customers will get theirs next if BFL is playing fair and going by gueue position and the cloud hosting customers will play fair and will accept their Monarchs in the order that they ordered recieving millions of dollars worth of miners that also won't ROI even if they receive them today and are hashing in the next hour.

Now these industrial customers are pretty smart cookies otherwise they wouldn't have ordered from BFL in the first place unless they knew something you normal customers do not and were at least given some sort of guarantee. Since the cloud hosting companies have yet to complain on record about BFL what do you think the truth is?

28nm miners may or may not have been made at the plant that Bruce and I worked but many many parts were shipped there and immediately put in vans to go to BFL other assembling building. I don't know where but always assumed that Bruce did. I'm sure they didn't want no paper trail from shipping companies dropping off parts at the other facility. It is so easy to have another shop set up to build miners with other employees with one lead guy overseeing the operation. It's those miners that the industrial customers received and are happily hashing away either using Luke's or Kano's code to do it or have some other providing the code for the filmware.

What BFL wants everybody to believe is that the Monarch is not ready yet and NOBODY has received anything from them based on 28nm chips stating that it's ready when it's ready. And that everybody connected with http://www.coinware.io/ are happy campers knowing that they to have to wait with Greg Bachrach not even considering suing BFL like he did HashFast for basically the same delays of product because they have product and are hashing away nicely for themselves with selling some contracts on the side for good measure.

I may not have gotten my fact points out clearly but clearly anybody with a brain can see what is truly happening here unless they are in denial or lying their butts off.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
nibbknot

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:18:01 PM

D's get degrees!  At least that's what I hear.  Although during my time at post-secondary you had to have at least C's to graduate.

I don't know what high school you went to but where I went many students were able to graduate with D's in Junior High and Senior High (post-secondary as you say).

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:27:00 PM

D's get degrees!  At least that's what I hear.  Although during my time at post-secondary you had to have at least C's to graduate.

I don't know what high school you went to but where I went many students were able to graduate with D's in Junior High and Senior High (post-secondary as you say).

The flaw in your questioning is assuming what BFL tells you is true.  I would put money on the fact that the Monarch works fine and has been sold in great quantities to large, under the radar, clients.  The retail business is not a priority for BFL, just as it's not priority for BitFury.

EDIT - like most other miner manufacturers, they will sell us their scraps when it makes economic sense for them and not before.  Bitmain being the only exception I have seen.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:35:57 PM

Post-secondary usually implies University/College, "secondary" being your "Senior High".  My comment regarding the C's is related to the Univ I went to for my EE degree.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

The flaw in your questioning is assuming what BFL tells you is true.  I would put money on the fact that the Monarch works fine and has been sold in great quantities to large, under the radar, clients.  The retail business is not a priority for BFL, just as it's not priority for BitFury.

EDIT - like most other miner manufacturers, they will sell us their scraps when it makes economic sense for them and not before.  Bitmain being the only exception I have seen.

Sorry, it's and was intended to be a loaded question.  I agree entirely with your sentiments, the question I asked doesn't have an answer short of "We're incompetent/don't know what we're doing/lying".

Wink
nibbknot

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:52:38 PM

Post-secondary usually implies University/College, "secondary" being your "Senior High".  My comment regarding the C's is related to the Univ I went to for my EE degree.

BOy, now I feel so stupid. I guess I might as well go for stupiter since when I google EE I can't figure out what it is. What is EE?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:54:35 PM

BOy, now I feel so stupid. I guess I might as well go for stupiter since when I google EE I can't figure out what it is. What is EE?

No worries, acronyms are hard to determine sometimes.  In this case: EE = Electrical Engineer.
WinterParker

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:37:56 PM

Is the monarch board the same as the habanero / hashfast boards for the golden nounce ASIC? 

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:44:00 PM

Is the monarch board the same as the habanero / hashfast boards for the golden nounce ASIC?  

No, they're different.
whonesta

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:07:32 PM

+100

BCT home of the shill and A$$-Hat Mods who filter anyone's OP or Statement of TRUTH!

BCT is a dump full of worthless infomercials meant to scam the newbies..
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

Sorry, it's and was intended to be a loaded question.  I agree entirely with your sentiments, the question I asked doesn't have an answer short of "We're incompetent/don't know what we're doing/lying".

Wink

Sometimes sarcasm eludes me.  Here is the only thing I don't get out of BFL.  How does this Josh guy do it?  He posts all over the place.  If I was him I would find the deepest hole I could, dig it down a bit more and lie in it.  
Business is based on trust and dependability.  He has neither, but carries himself like...it's all cool.  Utterly blind self confidence I guess?  Delusions of respectability?  I don't understand what he's thinking when he's telling people "we plan on [INSERT FICTIONAL STATEMENT] by Friday.  Then two weeks later he rolls into the next fiction with no mention of any prior statement.  There is something psychopathic in that.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

Sometimes sarcasm eludes me.  Here is the only thing I don't get out of BFL.  How does this Josh guy do it?  He posts all over the place.  If I was him I would find the deepest hole I could, dig it down a bit more and lie in it.  
Business is based on trust and dependability.  He has neither, but carries himself like...it's all cool.  Utterly blind self confidence I guess?  Delusions of respectability?  I don't understand what he's thinking when he's telling people "we plan on [INSERT FICTIONAL STATEMENT] by Friday.  Then two weeks later he rolls into the next fiction with no mention of any prior statement.  There is something psychopathic in that.

There are a slew of psychological disorders that likely apply to J. Zerlan.  A couple of such examples are: Superiority Complex and Dunning–Kruger.

Ultimately, I have to believe (for the most part) that the revelations presented by nibbknot are likely true given the history and circumstances of BFL.  Why aren't large scale vendors suing BFL, but are HF.  Why havn't J. Zerlan and whomever is the President of "Product Development" been fired?  I can't think of a single industry where the performance "demonstrated" by these two wouldn't be grounds for dismissal.  Yet, here we are!
nibbknot

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:03:58 PM

There are a slew of psychological disorders that likely apply to J. Zerlan.  A couple of such examples are: Superiority Complex and Dunning–Kruger.

Ultimately, I have to believe (for the most part) that the revelations presented by nibbknot are likely true given the history and circumstances of BFL.  Why aren't large scale vendors suing BFL, but are HF.  Why havn't J. Zerlan and whomever is the President of "Product Development" been fired?  I can't think of a single industry where the performance "demonstrated" by these two wouldn't be grounds for dismissal.  Yet, here we are!

Josh is part owner of the company is why. It's common knowledge and fully disclosed like Bruce working for BFL. Most everybody at the plant knows this. Seriously, I thought everybody else knew that info here as well. If you guys don't then you guys are in more trouble then you realize because you all don't even know who owns the company and from who you ordered from. Jody's husband is Sonny's dad's best friend in case you guys didn't know that of which you probably didn't thus more proof I know what I'm talking about.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:11:20 PM

+ Demonstrable psychopathic traits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist
nibbknot

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:36:19 PM

+ Demonstrable psychopathic traits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist

Oh my god! You may have nailed it!

glib (false sincerity) and superficial charm,
grandiosity
need for stimulation
pathological lying
cunning and manipulating,
lack of remorse
callousness
poor behavioral controls
impulsiveness
irresponsibility
denial
parasitic lifestyle
sexual promiscuity
early behavior problems
lack of realistic long-term goals
failure to accept responsibility for own actions
many short-term marital relationships
juvenile delinquency
revocation of conditional release
criminal versatility

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: