Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46461 times)
emu512

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:03:29 AM

I think the Monarch is a long way till we have it in our hands and mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:04:34 AM

Jeebus, the trolls are trolling themselves or might even have multiple personality disorder.  Could you imagine somebody screwing up their brain posting so much garbage as different alts they lose their own identity.... Karma served.

I've met Karma...Karma introduced me to BTC at the party in question BFL was there..only affordable 'supposed' asic mnfg at the time....Karma is a bitch! Not a big fan of Karma!

er then again Karma introduced me to KNC got my Jupiter 550gh then Karma made KNC into a mini-bfl....again Karma is a bitch!

Karma only likes 'fast lies on asic equip" imho...so gonna go far far away from Karma's charms on 'pretty miner see the nice lcd's"

(i miss my innocent noobie youth of thinking I'd get my BFL miner in '2 weeks!" TM ah last summer when I was an optimist!

alas

Searing

Did you learn anything Searing Huh  I don't think you did,you just got REALLY lucky with your first round of KnC.....how's that Titan workin  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 08:05:34 AM

I guess i should post the rest of the email before people draw too many conclusions..
Code:
Dear Jason,

Thanks for being a Butterfly Labs customer. Your patience and loyalty are
greatly appreciated.

While we wait for the 1TH revision of the PCB to make it through manufacturing,
we have a supply of boards that do not meet the desired specs and thus are not
suitable to be shipped directly to customers. However, with this limited
quantity of boards, we can deliver processing power remotely to some customers.

Although we are under no legal obligation to do so, as a courtesy to customers
who have been waiting the longest, we will provision these boards in a hosted
environment (BFL Cloud Mining facilities), equal to the original processing
power you ordered. Cloud Mining will be deployed in queue order and since you
are receiving this email, you are eligible at no cost to you (we pick up the tab
for hosting and electricity). Once the new 1TH boards arrive and assembly and
delivery has begun, we will ship your full original order plus previously
announced upgrade, and free Cloud Mining will be terminated.

If you are interested in receiving Cloud Mining while we wait for board
revisions, click the link below to activate your free temporary Cloud Mining
account.

Activate Cloud Mining
<link removed>

BFL Cloud Mining

Question: Did you decide to post about it on this forum from your own idea or did BFL ask you to post about it?? 
Chopperman wonders because BFL asked early 65nm customers to post when their order came, and many did.
my own idea.

QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:00:56 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 07:46:24 PM by ckolivas

Me thinks we got seriously trolled by BCP19  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

While I have no problem trolling people for their stupidity, I detest people who lie(like Bick).  Obviously you cannot appreciate the fact that I have never lied in response to a direct question.  When I put facts down, I have done my research and when I have made a mistake, I have owned up to it.  Personally I see 2 possibilities here... PG does tend to be over the top a lot and the writing style is kind of like his, but after seeing his renewed diatribes today I realized who else was missing from the majority of the whole nibbknot debacle... Bick.  For someone who tosses manure as much as he does, I'm kind of amazed he steered clear of this...  Theymos and possibly the moderators can compare IP address of the posts and see the truth, but I'm sure if asked they'd rattle on about the legality of revealing confidential information.  

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:19:13 AM

Jeebus, the trolls are trolling themselves or might even have multiple personality disorder.  Could you imagine somebody screwing up their brain posting so much garbage as different alts they lose their own identity.... Karma served.

I've met Karma...Karma introduced me to BTC at the party in question BFL was there..only affordable 'supposed' asic mnfg at the time....Karma is a bitch! Not a big fan of Karma!

er then again Karma introduced me to KNC got my Jupiter 550gh then Karma made KNC into a mini-bfl....again Karma is a bitch!

Karma only likes 'fast lies on asic equip" imho...so gonna go far far away from Karma's charms on 'pretty miner see the nice lcd's"

(i miss my innocent noobie youth of thinking I'd get my BFL miner in '2 weeks!" TM ah last summer when I was an optimist!

alas

Searing

Did you learn anything Searing Huh  I don't think you did,you just got REALLY lucky with your first round of KnC.....how's that Titan workin  Wink

well the Titan was i admit an 'unfortunate' impluse buy by me when KNC had morals...as soon as I got it ..they went the BFL path..we will see although knowing how people think and speculation on alt coins was better then the Neptune that they just delivered now so it coulda been worse imho..but yeah likely shoulda just took the refund

but as to current equipment again I did get an sp30 for the simple reason (due to circumstances explained here backed into being a legal miner in usa it sucks by the by)

anyway can get in equip depreciation 25% of the equip costs real $$$ applied to taxes due....back on the Titan and the Sp30..my usb 333mh card (heh)..so will likely by some modest equip next year for that reason in that if I keep it light a 25% off what I'd have to pay IRS anyway may make some equip make sense..but this is my unique (cough damn it) situation
I find myself in (although not p/off the IRS does make ones feet dance lighter on this earth!)

but yeah...setting aside the Titan which may or may not be really stupid...the sp30 and other stuff i can depreciate here (with equip depreciation i can use from last year,next year, etc)

I should be fine..but I'm stuck as a legal miner.....so kinda only unique thing that makes some kinda sense getting the sp30 ...other people shoulda/coulda imho if they
plan to tell IRS of their mining wait till imho it is 'fixed' to a more reasonable method in 2015 and at that point just say 'by golly 2015 was a good year for me as a newbie!"

fess up then (or not) at that point when they actually get some sense and congress goes back to treating it as a currency ..and not 'land/property'

me too many failed bank xfers..had to 'get legal' so coulda been much worse....(IRS was kept at bay.....so I count myself lucky in what shoulda been a very bad situation)

so again my situation is unique (with exception of the Titan which may or may not have been a good deal) I only know of 2 other guys in my boat one runs a pawn shop
the other runs a shop gold/silver etc..they are legal because they are looked at closely on this kinda thing..but besides the above just 'go dark' till rules change imho

but anyway except for using some equip deprecation $$$ in my (forced to) home biz in next few years ...www.coinbase.com is looking to be a more 'leisurely' way to
aquire coin in the future so yeah you have a point! Although IF they do change the law in 2015 back the way it was before (equip is your cost/risk BTC is a coin...only pay 20%
capital gains on profit IF YOU sell the coin etc

Well I may be lucky again and look like a Genius (I back into that a lot) in that according to my CPA I still could run out the equip depreciation of 2013 and 2014 of the
amounts/percentages above ie likely she said likely would be 'grandfathered in' so to speak

But yeah dumb/stupid/daring and reckless is getting old www.coinbase.com is looking very very good to me for the future

and again I've heard this said before hopefully ...at some point say 5 years from now it will be less of an issue of HOW you got BTC now (2014) in that the fact
you DID get BTC now in 2014...you may have picked the wrong horse (equip) vs (BTC purchase) but dang it you at least got the dang horsies now! heh Smiley

(well a guy can dream right?)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:16:11 PM

There are none so blind as those who will not see....

Indeed.

The PCBs currently in hand (there were several hundred of this revision made) cannot support speeds above ~550GH with "A" chips due to heat constraints

So instead of showing 550GH to their patient customers, it's a better idea to show 350 with a 10% error rate? Right.
I'm calling BS on the 550 number, as there is no reason to publish pictures of a "Monarch hashing!" performing poorly if all it takes is 2 good chips off the shelf to show something approximating advertised performance.

By all means the particular board being shown is a test board that is not going to be sold anyway. Who cares about all the bad boards, it only takes one to demo. Why publish only pics of a bad board if there was at least one board that once did 550? How else would anyone be able to claim they can do 550 if it was never done? More "theoretical performance" ? Bullshit, bullshit and more bullshit.

Why push the board beyond it's limits just cause the chip can handle it?  The increase in power to run the chips faster causes a greater current draw and therefore a higher W/GH rating.  Why waste the extra electricity for a few extra GH?

The first part is funny, because the picture that was published shows a monarch that is already being run well beyond its limit. 9 percent HW errors + a bunch of rejects is evidence to that. So you were saying?

The second part is erroneous because either way with two of those mythical A chips at least you could SHOW a Monarch working at reasonable speed with reasonable error rates, without pushing the PCB any harder. Better chips run higher clocks with less voltage. Right now BFL has shown nothing but a half broken product, half a year behind schedule. True to historical form I suppose.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:33:47 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 07:46:45 PM by ckolivas

While I have no problem trolling people for their stupidity, I detest people who lie(like Bick).  Obviously you cannot appreciate the fact that I have never lied in response to a direct question.  When I put facts down, I have done my research and when I have made a mistake, I have owned up to it.  Personally I see 2 possibilities here... PG does tend to be over the top a lot and the writing style is kind of like his, but after seeing his renewed diatribes today I realized who else was missing from the majority of the whole nibbknot debacle... Bick.  For someone who tosses manure as much as he does, I'm kind of amazed he steered clear of this...  Theymos and possibly the moderators can compare IP address of the posts and see the truth, but I'm sure if asked they'd rattle on about the legality of revealing confidential information.  

Well for the first time I'm going to see if this ignore button works.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:40:00 PM

Obviously you cannot appreciate the fact that I have never lied in response to a direct question.
No trolling. I hope you can appreciate we cannot appreciate that.
AnonBitcoinBuyer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

I have never lied in response to a direct question.

Direct question, are you nibbknot?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:06:18 PM

Obviously you cannot appreciate the fact that I have never lied in response to a direct question. 

But you have lied on the forums, you know like when you first arrived here and claimed to be a fucking genius with a 120+ IQ, or the fact that you hid your BFL association and agenda for months.  Yup you're a lying, misleading sack of shit but you can be proud you have never lied to a direct question, fucking idiot.
Chopperman

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Direct question, do you consider yourself an ethical person?
Direct question, are there any unethical things you have done in conjunction with BFL?
Direct question, do you know of unethical things BFL is doing or has done without your help?
Direct question, do you know of unethical things BFL is planning on doing?
Direct question, do you have, and which are your sockpuppet accounts?
Direct question, do you know which are BFL and Josh's / Inaba's sockpuppet accounts?
Direct question, how do you feel working for the most incompetent hardware company in bitCoin world?
Direct question, are you just a simple employee of BFL, or is there some other arrangement (profit sharing/stock/part owner)?
Direct question, what was your motive in working for BFL?
Direct question, are you going to continue to work for BFL once your current task is done?
Direct question, is your Monarch refund being handled the same way as any other customer's would be?
bcp19

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:14:26 AM

Direct question, are you nibbknot?
No.

bcp19

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:15:40 AM

But you have lied on the forums, you know like when you first arrived here and claimed to be a fucking genius with a 120+ IQ, or the fact that you hid your BFL association and agenda for months.  Yup you're a lying, misleading sack of shit but you can be proud you have never lied to a direct question, fucking idiot.
I never used the word genius in reference to myself and I never lied about my IQ.

bcp19

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

Direct question, do you consider yourself an ethical person?
Direct question, are there any unethical things you have done in conjunction with BFL?
Direct question, do you know of unethical things BFL is doing or has done without your help?
Direct question, do you know of unethical things BFL is planning on doing?
Direct question, do you have, and which are your sockpuppet accounts?
Direct question, do you know which are BFL and Josh's / Inaba's sockpuppet accounts?
Direct question, how do you feel working for the most incompetent hardware company in bitCoin world?
Direct question, are you just a simple employee of BFL, or is there some other arrangement (profit sharing/stock/part owner)?
Direct question, what was your motive in working for BFL?
Direct question, are you going to continue to work for BFL once your current task is done?
Direct question, is your Monarch refund being handled the same way as any other customer's would be?

Yes, No, No, No, No, No, Frustrated mostly, Simple employee, Pay for car repair, Not sure, I waited until it was 6 months old to request it and beyond that I waited.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:35:29 AM

I waited until it was 6 months old to request it and beyond that I waited.

You conveniently left off that you received your refund before other customers who requested their refunds before you. Lies of ommision are still lies.

Buy & Hold
bcp19

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:41:41 AM

You conveniently left off that you received your refund before other customers who requested their refunds before you. Lies of ommision are still lies.
That was out of my hands.  I am not the one who makes those decisions.  My father worked at Lowes, he got an employee discount, maybe it is a similar thing, I did not ask.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:45:20 AM

That was out of my hands.  I am not the one who makes those decisions.  My father worked at Lowes, he got an employee discount, maybe it is a similar thing, I did not ask.

Yeah, you see the question was asked? You failed to answer truthfully. We all know your refund was not handled "as any other customer's would be".

Buy & Hold
bcp19

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:52:28 AM

Yeah, you see the question was asked? You failed to answer truthfully. We all know your refund was not handled "as any other customer's would be".
As an employee, I am not like any other customer, so the question is really invalid.  The only customers I could compare myself to are other employees who purchased and requested refunds and as far as I can tell I received no favorable handling over any of them.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:01:20 AM

As an employee, I am not like any other customer, so the question is really invalid.  The only customers I could compare myself to are other employees who purchased and requested refunds and as far as I can tell I received no favorable handling over any of them.

The question is quite valid. A truthful response would be "No, my refund was not handled like other customers, because I'm an employee."

Buy & Hold
bcp19

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:18:50 AM

There are none so blind as those who will not see....

Indeed.

The PCBs currently in hand (there were several hundred of this revision made) cannot support speeds above ~550GH with "A" chips due to heat constraints

So instead of showing 550GH to their patient customers, it's a better idea to show 350 with a 10% error rate? Right.
I'm calling BS on the 550 number, as there is no reason to publish pictures of a "Monarch hashing!" performing poorly if all it takes is 2 good chips off the shelf to show something approximating advertised performance.

By all means the particular board being shown is a test board that is not going to be sold anyway. Who cares about all the bad boards, it only takes one to demo. Why publish only pics of a bad board if there was at least one board that once did 550? How else would anyone be able to claim they can do 550 if it was never done? More "theoretical performance" ? Bullshit, bullshit and more bullshit.

Why push the board beyond it's limits just cause the chip can handle it?  The increase in power to run the chips faster causes a greater current draw and therefore a higher W/GH rating.  Why waste the extra electricity for a few extra GH?

The first part is funny, because the picture that was published shows a monarch that is already being run well beyond its limit. 9 percent HW errors + a bunch of rejects is evidence to that. So you were saying?

The second part is erroneous because either way with two of those mythical A chips at least you could SHOW a Monarch working at reasonable speed with reasonable error rates, without pushing the PCB any harder. Better chips run higher clocks with less voltage. Right now BFL has shown nothing but a half broken product, half a year behind schedule. True to historical form I suppose.
Many of the original boards got damaged from heat and are unusable, but I guess that's not a consideration for someone like you. This Rev N board came in today though:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: