Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46461 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:02:42 AM

Sonny took care of that,you'd be surprised how "campaign contributions" can help in situations like this  Cheesy
Now wouldn't that be a shocking story. "Butterfly Labs accused of bribing state and federal officials to avoid fraud prosecution"

I mean, it would certainly explain how they've managed to refine their business practices over the last two years, allowing them to stay afloat.

I need to think that such conspiracy theories are just that, however.

Or possibly...

I suppose a legitimately curious question, however, might be "Would Butterfly Labs have been able to survive to present day if it did not have an infusion of preorder funds, maintained by a refusal to issue refunds in a timely manner ?"

No shock at all,lobbyists from ALL the big corporations do it daily in Washington DC.

It's all the rage to pay off politicians to get tax loop holes, dereg's from the EPA,FDA,etc....& you too can buy a Supreme Court Justice now too !!!

It's been going on for many years,BUT it just recently has gotten way out of hand. With well over 300,000 lobbyists roaming the capital now a days......................  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:56:44 AM

Apparently BFL has managed to pull of the perception of incompetence instead of shady, fraudulent hardware vendor.  If the fraud was more evident they would have folded by now.  They have professionals working there.
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:47:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoInk View Post
"It's more probable that this is being doing as a result of the pressure from the class actions than anything more altruistic. By allowing the initial pre-orderers a way out via refund BFL would be removing the basis of the class action arguments."

Quote Originally posted by Inabobo/josh
"That would be credible if there was a class action lawsuit, but since there is not... you are once again spreading false information and it's getting pretty tiring, gotta say. I'm also pretty tired of you and other ascribing ulterior motives to everything that is done. We are a business and we are doing what we can to remain viable as well as provide the best service we can to our customers. I'm sorry you feel slighted, but the fact is that we are doing the best we can with what we have. There are no evil motives or backroom deals. There are no money grabs or people running off with funds/equipment. I have always tried to do right by the miners with the tools and abilities that we have at our disposal and I've always had people like you to come and crap all over what we try to do and it really ticks me off.

Unlike most of the other mining companies, we've been around and continue to be around. We haven't gone out of business, stolen funds, not delivered equipment (even if we were late). We've gone through how many companies now that said we didn't know how to do the job and we were idiots and didn't know what we were doing and that they'd show us how it's done... and every single one of them - every one - Has run into the same problems. Not a single mining company has released a chip that was at the original specs. Many/most of them have shipped late. Several of those companies are out of business or going out of business as we speak, their customers left with nothing. Yet here we are, still here and still trying to do right by the customers and we catch all the crap.

I am sorry that we are late, I really am. We aim to ship quality products, not pieces of crap that don't work or fall apart. Trolling aside, our 65nm hardware was rock solid, easily far and away the most robust, best designed hardware in the industry. The FPGA singles were rock solid as well, and the minirigs blew everything else out of the water. I know, we were late, yes, I know that. Yes it pains me a great deal and yes we are working on that. We never expected the volumes we had on equipment and it really screwed up the shipping on our previous generation. We didn't expect the problems we are having now with the 28nm stuff - first the metal layer of the chips, now the power issue on the boards, but we're still here and we've pretty much got everything resolved and we will be shipping (or refunding to those that want it). We aren't going out of business or disappearing in the middle of the night like most of the other ASIC companies. We are public about our identities and locations, and we invite people to stop by our facilities and take a look if they want. We are the most open ASIC company out there and we get all the flak and it gets tiring.

Go buy from Hashfast or Cointerra if we are such a crappy company, see how well that works out for you."

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
cutepuppy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:39:28 AM

Apparently BFL has managed to pull of the perception of incompetence instead of shady, fraudulent hardware vendor.  If the fraud was more evident they would have folded by now.  They have professionals working there.
I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they are simply unable to design a miner that meets the specs that they promised. Bit regardless if it is incompetence or fraud the net result to the consumer is the same.
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:21:33 PM

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoInk View Post
"It's more probable that this is being doing as a result of the pressure from the class actions than anything more altruistic. By allowing the initial pre-orderers a way out via refund BFL would be removing the basis of the class action arguments."

Quote Originally posted by Inabobo/josh
"That would be credible if there was a class action lawsuit, but since there is not... you are once again spreading false information and it's getting pretty tiring, gotta say. I'm also pretty tired of you and other ascribing ulterior motives to everything that is done. We are a business and we are doing what we can to remain viable as well as provide the best service we can to our customers. I'm sorry you feel slighted, but the fact is that we are doing the best we can with what we have. There are no evil motives or backroom deals. There are no money grabs or people running off with funds/equipment. I have always tried to do right by the miners with the tools and abilities that we have at our disposal and I've always had people like you to come and crap all over what we try to do and it really ticks me off.

Unlike most of the other mining companies, we've been around and continue to be around. We haven't gone out of business, stolen funds, not delivered equipment (even if we were late). We've gone through how many companies now that said we didn't know how to do the job and we were idiots and didn't know what we were doing and that they'd show us how it's done... and every single one of them - every one - Has run into the same problems. Not a single mining company has released a chip that was at the original specs. Many/most of them have shipped late. Several of those companies are out of business or going out of business as we speak, their customers left with nothing. Yet here we are, still here and still trying to do right by the customers and we catch all the crap.

I am sorry that we are late, I really am. We aim to ship quality products, not pieces of crap that don't work or fall apart. Trolling aside, our 65nm hardware was rock solid, easily far and away the most robust, best designed hardware in the industry. The FPGA singles were rock solid as well, and the minirigs blew everything else out of the water. I know, we were late, yes, I know that. Yes it pains me a great deal and yes we are working on that. We never expected the volumes we had on equipment and it really screwed up the shipping on our previous generation. We didn't expect the problems we are having now with the 28nm stuff - first the metal layer of the chips, now the power issue on the boards, but we're still here and we've pretty much got everything resolved and we will be shipping (or refunding to those that want it). We aren't going out of business or disappearing in the middle of the night like most of the other ASIC companies. We are public about our identities and locations, and we invite people to stop by our facilities and take a look if they want. We are the most open ASIC company out there and we get all the flak and it gets tiring.

Go buy from Hashfast or Cointerra if we are such a crappy company, see how well that works out for you."

Might not fall on deaf ears if you greedy fuckers hadn't continued to take orders from the clueless.  Cry us a fucking river, Josh.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:29:03 AM

I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they are simply unable to design a miner that meets the specs that they promised. Bit regardless if it is incompetence or fraud the net result to the consumer is the same.

It's not the same. If it's complete incompetence then BFL really has not made any hardware and they are not contributing to the network and making the difficulty rise.

If it's fraud, they are using the funds to either buy hardware from other companies or secretly mine on their customers hardware (something they have admitted to in court).  In this case they would be enriching themselves, and if the customer had other miners then they would actually be stealing even more profits from their customers.  Avalon did this and mined on their customers hardware when they were the only ASIC game in town.  Not only did they make profits, they punished their customers who had GPU and FPGA farms.

Don't be so naive.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:27:44 AM

It's not the same. If it's complete incompetence then BFL really has not made any hardware and they are not contributing to the network and making the difficulty rise.

If it's fraud, they are using the funds to either buy hardware from other companies or secretly mine on their customers hardware (something they have admitted to in court).  In this case they would be enriching themselves, and if the customer had other miners then they would actually be stealing even more profits from their customers.  Avalon did this and mined on their customers hardware when they were the only ASIC game in town.  Not only did they make profits, they punished their customers who had GPU and FPGA farms.

Don't be so naive.

Ever notice how the people who defend BFL have posts counts in the single digits?  Grin

Name:   cutepuppy
Activity:   8
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   July 21, 2014, 01:43:09 AM
Last Active:   July 23, 2014, 01:51:45 AM

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:04:58 AM

Ever notice how the people who defend BFL have posts counts in the single digits?  Grin
It's sad because it's either

a) Sock-puppet / Shill
b) Newbie customer who doesn't know any better when dealing with Butterfly Labs
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 06:16:39 AM

Not true, there are multiple digit post counts from employees of BFL that defend them.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:48:16 PM

Not true, there are multiple digit post counts from employees of BFL that defend them.

True. The jury may still be out as to whether they are people, but there are certainly forum accounts that match that description.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:57:29 PM

The jury may still be out as to whether they are people
Are you suggesting they might, in fact, be meat popsicles ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:02:43 AM

The jury may still be out as to whether they are people
Are you suggesting they might, in fact, be meat popsicles ?

well they obviously are "soul less" puppets of BFL ....brainwashed! (the horror)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:31:14 AM

I've been watching this trainwreck for a while wondering why you people don't collaborate on chapter 7 proceedings against bfl or take direct legal action. Posting on a forum will get youu nowhere.

my .02

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:18:38 AM

I've been watching this trainwreck for a while wondering why you people don't collaborate on chapter 7 proceedings against bfl or take direct legal action. Posting on a forum will get youu nowhere.

my .02

it has all been tried done..;people won in small claims court could not collect so they went to class action suit..someone posted that if they go thru all the steps to a trial it would start in jan of 2016.....FTC/BBB/county attorney/etc ..all in my experience went no place (so far)

so basically BFL is getting away with it....I still expect them to go bankrupt and slip out with their EMC pool and personal assets/miners intact....
the BFL corp will go bankrupt with fines or settle class action...BFL imho is circling the wagons

but yeah no enforcement of regulations in the USA anymore...Gov't just wants to settle for cash...and the company in question does so by being
allowed to admit no wrongdoing (look at us banks all officers got off no one went to jail) and same with class action suit 1/2 will go to law firm
so they imho will settle long before trial....

anyway another corp win 1 people users lose 0... so it goes

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
grn

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:52:08 AM

my .02

it has all been tried done..;people won in small claims court could not collect so they went to class action suit..someone posted that if they go thru all the steps to a trial it would start in jan of 2016.....FTC/BBB/county attorney/etc ..all in my experience went no place (so far)

so basically BFL is getting away with it....I still expect them to go bankrupt and slip out with their EMC pool and personal assets/miners intact....
the BFL corp will go bankrupt with fines or settle class action...BFL imho is circling the wagons

but yeah no enforcement of regulations in the USA anymore...Gov't just wants to settle for cash...and the company in question does so by being
allowed to admit no wrongdoing (look at us banks all officers got off no one went to jail) and same with class action suit 1/2 will go to law firm

Searing

From the angle of someone not involved i have learned a lot on this thread. bcp has been alluding to something that he/she knows you people need to take on bfl before its too late. looks to me like their exit strategy is close

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:07:43 AM

my .02

Searing

From the angle of someone not involved i have learned a lot on this thread. bcp has been alluding to something that he/she knows you people need to take on bfl before its too late. looks to me like their exit strategy is close

Their exit strategy happened last week back in March 2013 when they kept saying they would have the miners shipping "next week" - not the infamous two weeks.  They continued to get orders even though they kept promising to ship, and then they started a very slow trickle of miners.  I think they were surprised at what they were able to get away with and then went for the Prestige - the Monarch.  Again I am amazed that place has not seen some form of attack considering all the angry mobs.
grn

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:16:19 AM

my .02

Searing

Their exit strategy happened last week back in March 2013 when they kept saying they would have the miners shipping "next week" - not the infamous two weeks.  They continued to get orders even though they kept promising to ship, and then they started a very slow trickle of miners.  I think they were surprised at what they were able to get away with and then went for the Prestige - the Monarch.  Again I am amazed that place has not seen some form of attack considering all the angry mobs.

I would love to own one of these miners! somebody got one to sell? USD name your price and i will take your monarch today

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:24:38 AM

my .02

Searing

Their exit strategy happened last week back in March 2013 when they kept saying they would have the miners shipping "next week" - not the infamous two weeks.  They continued to get orders even though they kept promising to ship, and then they started a very slow trickle of miners.  I think they were surprised at what they were able to get away with and then went for the Prestige - the Monarch.  Again I am amazed that place has not seen some form of attack considering all the angry mobs.

I would love to own one of these miners! somebody got one to sell? USD name your price and i will take your monarch today

Cheesy  BFL has not shipped any miners,BUT...if you were to get into Eclipse Mining Consortium's datacenter...you could get a few in a backpack & walk away Cheesy

But again,they're less than 400GH ATM & probably will be for quite sometime  Roll Eyes  

Looking like BFL ain't shipping this month,probably not Aug,maybe Sept/Oct Huh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
grn

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:40:29 AM

my .02

Searing

Their exit strategy happened last week back in March 2013 when they kept saying they would have the miners shipping "next week" - not the infamous two weeks.  They continued to get orders even though they kept promising to ship, and then they started a very slow trickle of miners.  I think they were surprised at what they were able to get away with and then went for the Prestige - the Monarch.  Again I am amazed that place has not seen some form of attack considering all the angry mobs.

Cheesy  BFL has not shipped any miners,BUT...if you were to get into Eclipse Mining Consortium's datacenter...you could get a few in a backpack & walk away Cheesy

But again,they're less than 400GH ATM & probably will be for quite sometime  Roll Eyes  

Looking like BFL ain't shipping this month,probably not Aug,maybe Sept/Oct Huh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How do you know the hashrate? inside information?  If you want your money back look at pools,other than emc, get the ag involved and do your due dilligence

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:46:06 AM

my .02

Searing

How do you know the hashrate? inside information?  If you want your money back look at pools,other than emc, get the ag involved and do your due dilligence

Uh,no,Josh has stated several times that the under performing miners will be used by them to give hashrate to early preorder holders.RIIGGHHHT  Cheesy

They will be hosting them at EMC,therein why I said arrange a visit & get em  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: