Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game!  (Read 35797 times)
kuroato (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:54:47 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 05:23:48 AM by kuroato

Play CoinRPG Beta Today! Only at http://coinrpg.com

SignUp for Newsletter at signup.coinrpg.com - Receive the Latest Updates about CoinRPG!

. . . Follow CoinRPG on Steam Greenlight | IndieDB | Facebook | Twitter

** CoinRPG on your Bitcoin Website: Increase Traffic and Profits! **

BitcoinTalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=561037.0

** We are Seeking Cryptocurrency Game Developer **

BitcoinTalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583662

About Game:

CoinRPG is a Bitcoin inspired Multiplayer Online Action RPG Game! Explore an open world, discover hidden treasures and hunt monsters for loot. Team up with friends to siege a castle, or face off against rival players in PvP combat; all while on your quest to become the best coin collector of the realm! CoinRPG players compete for ranks, bragging rights, and Bitcoins! All in one immersive online world where players engage with friends or rival players from around the world in real-time, fast-paced, RPG action!

Features:

Free To Play:
No purchase necessary to have fun.

Bitcoin Contests:
Unlike most Bitcoin Games, CoinRPG will never ask for Bitcoin Deposits. Play for free, and compete against
other players for a chance to Win Bitcoins during our Official CoinRPG Bitcoin Contests.  

Open World:
Explore a Realm of various terrains discovering Monsters, Loot, and up to 8 Players in a single game instance.

Anti-Player Killing:
New players are protected from Player Killing until Level 10 has been reached.

Monsters:
Hunt various types of monsters lurking around the world; some are much stronger than others but offer
greater rewards when defeated!

Castle Siege:
Gather a few friends and Siege a Castle guarded by mighty Orcs! Capturing a Castle offers the best rewards,
but be prepared to defend it against invading players.

PvP Combat:
Players can engage in Dynamic Player vs Player Combat! Winners are rewarded with a Coin loot drop!
(*no Coins are lost by the defeated player)

Loot:
Currently features several kinds of loot to collect in game. Healing Potions, Magic Potions, and Coins. Potions allow
the Player to Cast a mighty Magic Attack, Ability to Heal HP in Combat, while Coins are collected as experience points.

Level System:
Unlike most RPGs, there is no traditional level up, stats-based system. CoinRPG uses Coins collected as experience points.
As players collect Coins they (level up) move up in Ranking on a Leaderboard for bragging rights as the Top Player of the Game,
along with a chance to Win Bitcoins during our Weekly and Monthly Contests.

*Visit bitcoin.org to Learn More about Bitcoins

Skill Based:
CoinRPG is a Skill based Game! Players can execute various actions in real-time from Running, Basic and Special Attacks,
Magic Attack, and Healing. So higher levels don't really matter, but how well you execute your actions!

Hardware Accelerated Graphics:
Powered by Unity 3D, CoinRPG is suited for the best performance by utilizing gfx hardware.

SignUp for Newsletter at signup.coinrpg.com - Receive the Latest Updates about CoinRPG!

. . . Follow CoinRPG on Steam Greenlight | IndieDB | Facebook | Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:57:10 PM

Can't try this at work grrrr
Have you uploaded a footage somewhere?

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:57:41 PM

What does it have to do with bitcoin ?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:17:24 PM

Can't try this at work grrrr
Have you uploaded a footage somewhere?

No sorry, no footage just yet, i'll probably make one after more features are completed.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:34:22 PM

What does it have to do with bitcoin ?
did you read the description of the game? 

action RPG game inspired by Bitcoin
What the hell is it supposed to mean ?
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:14:28 PM

a nice idea (for a bitcoin user)  Tongue . Still puzzled about the concept though,are we going to fight an evil "Quark" or what?
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:35:46 PM

There are many playable races in MMORPG World of Scamcoins - Developer (copies a coin + premining 10 percent of coins and makes rich himself easy), Miner (just a dwarf burning electricity and GPUs), Rogue (stealing coins), Broker (spamming trollbox at BTC-E and making pumps and dumps), Mafia (selling contraband for coins), Drug grower (burning more electricity and making better earnings than a miner) and creeps (sheeps buying expensive coins, selling cheap coins). And more and more races!

In Pump and Dump we trust.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:47:59 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 11:50:43 PM by kuroato

a nice idea (for a bitcoin user)  Tongue . Still puzzled about the concept though,are we going to fight an evil "Quark" or what?

CoinRPG is similar to an Open World MMORPG, except not on such a Massive Scale... there will be 8-16 Max Players per Game Session where players can select 1 of 4 different Avatars (characters) to Play as. The objective of the game is to "Explore, Hunt, and Battle for Bitcoins" there are in-game bitcoins you want to collect from defeating enemy monsters, other players, and also finding the coins around the game world. We'll have a Ranking / Highscore System for player can compete for bragging rights as the Top Players of the Game. Finally you can play to Win real Bitcoin through Weekly and Monthly Contests... So for example, a Contest could be "Player with the most bitcoins collected in the game by a said date, that player would win 0.01 Bitcoins"

That's really the idea... just a simple, fun little social game with RPG mechanics anyone can play, and also a lucky player will have a chance to win some real Bitcoins for their efforts every week, and/or every month.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:55:12 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 08:11:27 PM by kuroato

There are many playable races in MMORPG World of Scamcoins - Developer (copies a coin + premining 10 percent of coins and makes rich himself easy), Miner (just a dwarf burning electricity and GPUs), Rogue (stealing coins), Broker (spamming trollbox at BTC-E and making pumps and dumps), Mafia (selling contraband for coins), Drug grower (burning more electricity and making better earnings than a miner) and creeps (sheeps buying expensive coins, selling cheap coins). And more and more races!

LOL! very nice... but might be alittle to complex for me, i'm looking to create something abit more casual and friendly. Good stuff though...
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

damn it.  This doesn't work for me either at work!  Guess I'll have to give it a try later!  How many BTC can you win?

Zakryze

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 09:11:58 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 09:22:42 PM by Zakryze

is that unity webplayer doing anything harmful to me?
Edit: I was asking since it didnt redirect me to an official site but i googled it and it seems fine Wink maybe you should redirect to the page itself since it could scare people off Wink trying and testing now
Edit 2: ok very basic so far but i already got 100 bitcoin. I'd like to withdraw, where do I have to put my wallet ID? Tongue The wizard seems to be overpowered, i lost none of the battles i made so far and i fought all different classes so far.
Anyways keep us updated but maybe work a little longer on this before pulling our attention to such a prototype since one can't really do much so far.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:22:16 PM

damn it.  This doesn't work for me either at work!  Guess I'll have to give it a try later!  How many BTC can you win?

I'm guessing you are at work also and your network admins are blocking Unity Web Player. Try to download and install this: http://unity3d.com/webplayer, then try to play it... if you can't install it then they really have your network on lockdown lol!

I am thinking to start off the Game's Launch with different Weekly Contests offering up to 0.01 BTC per Week to the Winner!  

BTC will be awarded to the Top Players who *Hold the Most In-Game Bitcoins, *Most Player vs Player Kills, and/or *Most Enemy Kills. We'll announce which of these is the Contest of the Week to make things alittle interesting.

But we still have more features to add to the game before Official Launch, so this is just a Development Build you're playing on the site right now.
Yna

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:36:01 PM

What's an ETA for the official launch?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:46:04 PM

Edit: I was asking since it didnt redirect me to an official site but i googled it and it seems fine Wink maybe you should redirect to the page itself since it could scare people off Wink trying and testing now
Edit 2: ok very basic so far but i already got 100 bitcoin. I'd like to withdraw, where do I have to put my wallet ID? Tongue The wizard seems to be overpowered, i lost none of the battles i made so far and i fought all different classes so far.
Anyways keep us updated but maybe work a little longer on this before pulling our attention to such a prototype since one can't really do much so far.

ah yes, sorry about that it is a Browser Plugin that needs to be installed in order to play the Game. Unity is much better for Rendering 3D in the Browser and offers much more than Flash Player does right now, so that's why I went with Unity. But thanks for the feedback I'll need to do some testing on multiple PCs and Browsers to see how the WebPlayer is Loading and Make sure it's not Scaring People Off. 

Regarding Gameplay, yes currently it's very basic, and the World has not been fully created it, the World will be much bigger... and it wont be so easy to find bitcoins in the Final Version, you'll have to explore more and or hunt down enemies monsters, or other players. 

Also, there will be abit more to the Combat System where you can Use Healing Potions, and Cast Spells, so that will create a much more dynamic Combat between you and other Players, and Enemy Monsters will be Harder (current we just have some placement characer bots)... More to Come for Sure.

I wanted to Post this bit early because part of Game Development is we need Player Feedback throughout Development Process in Some cases to help make sure the Game will be something people want to even play, and also helps to build a little buzz as the Game comes together. Without some buzz and players looking forward to it, i won't really have much of a player base at all. But I see your point also...

Thanks again for your input.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:59:31 PM

What's an ETA for the official launch?

I think it's safe to say either late February or early March, the game is about 50% complete right now I would say... so another 1-2 Months of Work to get some more cool features in there, and create a big open world environment to explore. 
Zakryze

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:29:03 PM

ah yes, sorry about that it is a Browser Plugin that needs to be installed in order to play the Game. Unity is much better for Rendering 3D in the Browser and offers much more than Flash Player does right now, so that's why I went with Unity. But thanks for the feedback I'll need to do some testing on multiple PCs and Browsers to see how the WebPlayer is Loading and Make sure it's not Scaring People Off. 

Regarding Gameplay, yes currently it's very basic, and the World has not been fully created it, the World will be much bigger... and it wont be so easy to find bitcoins in the Final Version, you'll have to explore more and or hunt down enemies monsters, or other players. 

Also, there will be abit more to the Combat System where you can Use Healing Potions, and Cast Spells, so that will create a much more dynamic Combat between you and other Players, and Enemy Monsters will be Harder (current we just have some placement characer bots)... More to Come for Sure.

I wanted to Post this bit early because part of Game Development is we need Player Feedback throughout Development Process in Some cases to help make sure the Game will be something people want to even play, and also helps to build a little buzz as the Game comes together. Without some buzz and players looking forward to it, i won't really have much of a player base at all. But I see your point also...

Thanks again for your input.

since you already spent some time putting this game together its probably too late to ask you to swap engines into a 2d environment like hammerwatch has it? i heard that its easy to put together levels in it and custom mods are being worked on right now. I would love to see a bitcoin like version of it and it offers similar aspects as you mentioned already. Maybe you could give that a look. its not a webbrowser game though. But if you plan on adding more to the combat system i think i will also be fine with playing and trying this though i didnt like the point and click controls of the unity player too much so far.
Anyways keep it up. It's cool people find their passion to program for bitcoins and to mix those things up. Don't listen to the trolls that try to keep you down. just do your thing, it's always exciting to see new games grow.
Cheers!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
Haidang1796

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:25:48 AM

this is in fact a great RPG game Grin I've played a lot of games of this kind and I believe this one is like in top 20

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:58:09 AM

since you already spent some time putting this game together its probably too late to ask you to swap engines into a 2d environment like hammerwatch has it? i heard that its easy to put together levels in it and custom mods are being worked on right now. I would love to see a bitcoin like version of it and it offers similar aspects as you mentioned already. Maybe you could give that a look. its not a webbrowser game though. But if you plan on adding more to the combat system i think i will also be fine with playing and trying this though i didnt like the point and click controls of the unity player too much so far.
Anyways keep it up. It's cool people find their passion to program for bitcoins and to mix those things up. Don't listen to the trolls that try to keep you down. just do your thing, it's always exciting to see new games grow.
Cheers!

Hmmm personally I Love 3D! LOL! so i'll have to keep on going the way im going as ive already invested enough in it to start all over again in 2D. Plus I need the game to be Browser based primary because i plan to monetize strickly through Ad Sense, hence the idea for setting up Contents for Players, as this will help drive Traffic, and Traffic = Ad Clicks = $.  I like the idea of providing a FREE Service in exchange for Traffic, it's much less overhead.

Regarding Controls, ah yes, Not everyone is going to Like the Controls. Maybe in the future I can add Keyboard Movement of the Player if alot of people don't like the controls, but I think most who are familiar with RPG Style Game will be happy with the click controls, as that's sort of standard for most RPG Games, but i think some do add Keyboard controls.

Thanks again! I look forward to sharing more updates here with you all and getting feedback. Appreciate your time.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:47:52 AM

this is in fact a great RPG game Grin I've played a lot of games of this kind and I believe this one is like in top 20

Thank you! the game does borrow from MMORPG style PC Games, but taking it into the Browser and going with much more minimalist approach for the overall gameplay, to keep it easy to play and fun for everyone looking to blow little time.  Thanks again,
trex

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:33:54 AM

cool game!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: