Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game!  (Read 35797 times)
kuroato (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:48:10 AM

CoinRPG! Beta v0.2 offers tons of new and exciting features! A totally brand new HUD, updated combat system, enhanced visuals, shorter load times, bug fixes, and much more...

We would like to invite you to Play CoinRPG Beta v0.2

Please visit: http://coinrpg.com/beta to Play Now!

Updated, CoinRPG Controls:
- Use your Left Mouse Click, or WASD Keys to Move the Player
- Hold Right Click to Control and Rotate Camera
- Toggle Game Options with Left Click on Settings on the Bottom Right of the HUD
- Left Click on Monsters to Target, and Double Left Click to Perform Basic Attack
- Special, Magic Attack, Potion, and Sprint are called with Left Click on the Action Bar
- Walk over Loot Drops to Auto-Collect Items

CoinRPG! Beta v0.2 Preview on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLJBZp7kRw

*WARNING, Please Read:
You may discover Bugs or Missing Features at the current development stage.
CoinRPG Beta v0.2 Does Not Represent the Full Featured Complete Version of CoinRPG!

Updated, List of Features and Known Bugs:

- Player Registration & Guest Account System
- Leaderboard Displays Top 100 Player Stats (visit: http://coinrpg.com/leaderboard/)
- *Please Note: Player Stats may reset before Official CoinRPG Launch

- Knight and Wizard Playable Characters
- Engage with Up to 8 Players Per Game Instance
- *Known Bug: PvP is currently buggy, and is not working properly

- Global Chat, Player Status, and Event Broadcasting is Enabled
- Hunt Up to 8 Different Enemy Monsters, 56 Total NPCs Per Game Instance
- Explore the world to find Potions, Mana, and Coin Loot
- Defeat Monsters or Rival Players to earn Potions, Mana, and Coin Loot

- Player Spawn Points and Safezones (safezone will protect player from damage...)
- *Known Bug: NPCs near Safezones do not properly display the text window

- Castle Siege Events are Enabled and Working
- *Known Bug: Castle's only spawn loot upon the first capture only

PLEASE READ: We would also like to invite you to join the Forum to share your experience. We are seeking feedback regarding the game's performance on your computer system and platform, also suggestions, questions and comments are welcomed... Enjoy CoinRPG Beta v0.2, and Thanks again for Playing!

CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG
e-mail: info@coinrpg.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

I see the game is getting better and better Smiley

This is great project!

Good luck!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:15:18 AM

this looks like huntercoin but more colorful, hope its fun.

what looks like huntercoin??

This game?
I don't get what you mean?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:45:41 PM

Attention Bitcoin Website Owners! If you are seeking to add additional content to your bitcoin related website that will help increase traffic and profits, I offer you a very easy, no catch, free opportunity to do just that with CoinRPG!

For more information visit the BitcoinTalk Thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=561037.0
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:31:50 PM

the game looks great, but it's a bit dull

you need to increase the density of monsters, and make that the harder ones give out more coins

you could put in some equipment so we gear up our champ Cheesy

theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:59:05 PM

Haven't played the game but the concept idea of a game run solely off bitcoins - items you can purchase from NPCs, gold drops from monsters, gambling opportunities etc - are all actually physically bitcoins in an ecosystem.  Money dumped into the game then is spit out the other end minus a percent like the monsters are a faucet.

Seems technically challenging to develop though.  It would probably require a monthly subscription fee to maintain solvency and cash flow into the game.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Kiki112

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:26:34 PM

Haven't played the game but the concept idea of a game run solely off bitcoins - items you can purchase from NPCs, gold drops from monsters, gambling opportunities etc - are all actually physically bitcoins in an ecosystem.  Money dumped into the game then is spit out the other end minus a percent like the monsters are a faucet.

Seems technically challenging to develop though.  It would probably require a monthly subscription fee to maintain solvency and cash flow into the game.

how about acquiring money from the ads and distributing the revenue with top users?

theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:53:15 PM

Haven't played the game but the concept idea of a game run solely off bitcoins - items you can purchase from NPCs, gold drops from monsters, gambling opportunities etc - are all actually physically bitcoins in an ecosystem.  Money dumped into the game then is spit out the other end minus a percent like the monsters are a faucet.

Seems technically challenging to develop though.  It would probably require a monthly subscription fee to maintain solvency and cash flow into the game.

how about acquiring money from the ads and distributing the revenue with top users?

excellent idea, my two mini paragraphs were not meant to be comprehensive.  that said, building such a game would be very difficult to pull off, something for the blizzard team to undertake if they ever cared.

ideas like this I wish I could invest large sums of money into, but I trust nearly no one, so practically speaking, I never will.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Kiki112

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:12:54 PM

also try to fix the bug when you log in for around the first 15 seconds you can't collect anything..

good job anyways, keep up the good work Smiley

mac2k13

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:45:02 AM

Nice game, but IMO it would be more great if the in game coins could be withdraw Grin

donate me BTC 1FtAc2GNg6NhaFjgAhgsU7BVTxRYbZrmTP
Kiki112

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:54:47 PM

Nice game, but IMO it would be more great if the in game coins could be withdraw Grin

the best on the leaderboard winns 0.01BTC as a reward Wink

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:37:11 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 10:58:22 PM by kuroato

the game looks great, but it's a bit dull

you need to increase the density of monsters, and make that the harder ones give out more coins

you could put in some equipment so we gear up our champ Cheesy

Thank you Kiki for your feedback! it's much appreciated! Yes, I believe we need to balance the game abit more... and also add alot more features such as Quests, Inventory, Ability to Unlock More Skills as you Level Up, Swap Skills in the Action Bar with other Skills Acquired, Purchase Player Cosmetics through (PayPal / Bitcoin) Micro-Transactions such as Changing the Player's Gear (Armor) Color and Style.

also try to fix the bug when you log in for around the first 15 seconds you can't collect anything..

good job anyways, keep up the good work Smiley

Interesting I never seen this bug, is this something you find in the Browser or with the Download Client?

Hmm yes that would be awesome now wouldn't it lol! but I unfortunately I dont have unlimited bitcoin funds to supply thousands if not millions of players with the ability to withdraw BTC just for simply collecting them.

I did think about adding a feature of sort, but the problem with this is that it will immediately create a security issue for the game and all other players. For example, hackers will attempt to hack other player accounts to steal their bitcoin earned. Currenlty that's just way to much overhead for me to deal with it right now... 

I need to focus on making the game fun, and by integrating Bitcoin Contests allowing the Top Player to Win 0.01 BTC on a Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly Basis is much easier to manage. As Transactions will take place directly from myself to the Winner once I contact the winner via their Registered E-Mail and Ask for their BTC Wallet Address. 

This alone forces hackers to stay out of players accounts, because if anyone logged with your account and played the game, they'd only be doing you a favor by earning you a higher ranking lol! so Hacking won't even pay off in with CoinRPG. 

Also another security measure is that the Winner will need to wait one month before competing again for BTC, preventing people from simply trying to farm BTC. If they want to enter again immediately, they need to create a brand new account and start again from ZERO.
bitgoldencoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 11:53:53 PM

Can one access this game and play it on a mobile device?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:12:05 AM

No not yet...

I do have plans to expand the game to iOS and Andriod once most of the game features have been completed for Browser and Desktop Platforms.
bitgoldencoin

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 09:45:42 AM

No not yet...

I do have plans to expand the game to iOS and Andriod once most of the game features have been completed for Browser and Desktop Platforms.

Excellent, do let me know when you have the beta for android, will love to try it out and give you my feedback.  I will play it on the browser on my spare time and write a good review on my blog Smiley
bitgoldencoin

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 03:03:56 PM

No not yet...

Excellent, do let me know when you have the beta for android, will love to try it out and give you my feedback.  I will play it on the browser on my spare time and write a good review on my blog Smiley

Kuroato, i've written a review and published it on my blog, feel free to drop by to make sure the text is ok. If you see anything you dont like let me know and I will change it.

There are two pages, one is a review which is part of the blog post and the other is a whole page with the embedded iframe code 
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:35:16 PM

Quote from: bitgoldencoin

Kuroato, i've written a review and published it on my blog, feel free to drop by to make sure the text is ok. If you see anything you dont like let me know and I will change it.

There are two pages, one is a review which is part of the blog post and the other is a whole page with the embedded iframe code 

Really Nice!! Your review is Awesome! Thanks man  Grin
bitgoldencoin

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 08:54:52 AM

Quote from: bitgoldencoin

Really Nice!! Your review is Awesome! Thanks man  Grin

No problem mate, I am happy to test and review any work, just drop me a message and I will happily do it  Grin
DynamicDK

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

Hmm yes that would be awesome now wouldn't it lol! but I unfortunately I dont have unlimited bitcoin funds to supply thousands if not millions of players with the ability to withdraw BTC just for simply collecting them.

You do it in a way that doesn't require you to give out your own BTC.  Take a look at the MMORPG Neverwinter, and their "Zen" system.  Create a second currency in the game that is only obtainable by purchasing it from you with BTC, from other players with BTC (with you taking a small cut), or for going to advertiser \ sponsor websites to fill out surveys\sign up for services.  That currency would then be used for cool things in game that aren't actually a huge benefit in terms of power.  Maybe they have a cool graphic, or do something else interesting.

Or just provide an easy way for users to exchange BTC for the current in game currency, and the current in game currency for BTC, once again with you taking a small cut.

These ideas are probably a bit beyond where you are right now, but something to think about if you continue development, and make this into something bigger.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

A while ago I thought about something similar, with an in-game currency that is represented and can be traded within Ripple.
That way, you don't have to maintain a trading platform yourself (maintaining a good game is hard enough already) but you could still use the Ripple platform to sell your in-game currency for BTC (or anything else traded there).

Onkel Paul

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: