Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48747 times)
aknataga

Activity: 387
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:40:47 PM

on link https://veruscoin.io/ a see only Veruscoin Explorer
I ask for a link to the wallet for this coin. Tnks.
Or can I use the standard "Agama" wallet?

Try this one veruscoin.io

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
streamplus

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:47:50 PM

Do you have a github PR for your POS solution ? or commit that describe well the process of integration of your Proof Of Stake ? I got an eye on the commits but can't figure out it ... any PR or anything clear please ?

Not really. We're working on the white paper.

Basically, POS competes across the network by a lottery ticket you get each block, for every UTXO that is older than 150 blocks. The lottery ticket is a hash and a target, the hash is made by hashing transaction ID, output numbers (so, the UTXO), a constant hash specific to our chain, so that if other chains use it, it will be different, a hash of the block 100 blocks behind the staking block, and a block height. This resulting hash is divided by the UTXO value and used in a competition to meet a specific difficulty. I borrowed some of the ideas from jl777s suggestion of using UTXOs independently and the last block staking transaction, which I used as components of the solution I implemented. Every staked block includes a no-fee staking transaction that moves the UTXO which won the competition forward, where it must sit for another 150 blocks before it can stake again.

The difficulty is managed much like PoW difficulty, but the PoS is totally relative to PoW, in that the difficulty is a function of solve time in units that are multiples of blocks passed. There are a few more details, but that's the basic POS system. To do that, it required work across numerous files, and I did it in stages.

Thank you for your explaination.

It's good to make a PR so you can classify all things like Bitcoin Gold did, to better understand your coin and the technology behind it.

Do POS participent required to run a full node ?
JW9494

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:09:44 PM

i'm very frustrated. I've tried for a week to download
a windows wallet and mine, but nothing works.
I want to purchase some of this and not for ten dollars
a coin.
If you guys are involved in some way with Komodo, you'll
find out how to resolve this. Because they are a quality
project with a great dev team.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:49:13 PM

i'm very frustrated. I've tried for a week to download
a windows wallet and mine, but nothing works.
I want to purchase some of this and not for ten dollars
a coin.
If you guys are involved in some way with Komodo, you'll
find out how to resolve this. Because they are a quality
project with a great dev team.
check your system according to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4070404.msg39185941#msg39185941

JW9494

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:14:41 PM

No, this is unfair.
I don't have a home internet connection to mine on.
Put it on an exchange
shifty252

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:51:15 PM

No, this is unfair.
Put it on an exchange

buy it on discord Smiley
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:53:28 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 10:41:00 PM by VerusCoin

No, this is unfair.
Put it on an exchange

JW9494, It seems a little unfair to call system requirements or need for Internet unfair. In any case, if your system can support mining Verus, I'd be happy to help get you going. Feel free to ping miketout on our discord, and I will try to help you directly if possible.
wudiaa123

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:16:19 AM

Where can I buy Verus, I want to buy some. Smiley
DigitalFinex
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:38:48 AM

I'm having problems syncing.  Any nodes for Verus?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:39:42 PM

I'm having problems syncing.  Any nodes for Verus?

I'd be surprised if it's an issue of nodes, as all ways to start the Verus chain that have been released include nodes that have been working since the one time in the first few days when they were blocked. Please pop over to our discord and ask in the "community-support" channel. For people to help you, it will be best if you explain in detail what you are trying to run, the command line, how you got it, and what you are seeing. There are a LOT of community members who usually help very quickly.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:21:01 PM

NEW OPTIONAL WALLET UPDATE AND COMMAND LINE DISTRIBUTION AVAILABLE
This is not a required update, but it does add improved efficiency for staking (more returns if you're staking Smiley), easier control of mining through the mining button, and fixes issues related to setting staking with a thread count of 0 after resetting staking that was initially on when the wallet was loaded.
In addition, we have included a pre-built command line wallet and associated programs for advanced users who prefer the command line over GUI and would still prefer a pre-built binary.
This command line update can also be used to update the core of an existing Agama installation without reinstall by copying the included files into the:
<AgamaAppInstallDirectory>\resources\app\assets\bin\win64
<AgamaAppInstallDirectory>\resources\app\assets\bin\linux64 , or
<AgamaAppInstallDirectory>\resources\app\assets\bin\osx
folder for your respective operating system.

The core contains most updates in this release, including the improvement to staking efficiency, but updating only the core of an existing Agama installation will not include some GUI updates that improve the user experience.
You can download the new update at http://veruscoin.io
Enjoy!
COOLBGT

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:27:36 PM

Hey guys. I mined several blocks already but as far as I understood reading the OP, I might get the reward on random in anything between 3 months to more than 2 years !!! Is that really the case? I am having a hard time understanding the logic behind this especially from a PC end-user perspective which this coin seems to be betting on the most being a CPU minable coin. Can someone share more info on that? And also I already see some people trading this coin. How can anyone have Verus coins so early?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:03:23 PM

Hey guys. I mined several blocks already but as far as I understood reading the OP, I might get the reward on random in anything between 3 months to more than 2 years !!! Is that really the case? I am having a hard time understanding the logic behind this especially from a PC end-user perspective which this coin seems to be betting on the most being a CPU minable coin. Can someone share more info on that? And also I already see some people trading this coin. How can anyone have Verus coins so early?

From the OP:
"1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks) for the following 5 months and every 2 years thereafter.
All rewards over 192 Verus are time locked to mature at a random block between 129,600 and 1,181,520"

The pre-announce of 15 minutes was to enable a truly fair start where honest miners could get started as early as they saw the announcement, and also ensure that we didn't give hackers enough time to change the code and hit an unestablished chain that hadn't gotten its POS security in place yet with a hash attack. Once POS was established on the chain, it became much harder for a standard hash attack to disrupt the chain's operation than it would be otherwise, not impossible, but much harder.

The ramp from 0 to 384 ensured a fair start where people got days of increasing rewards of unlocked coins that could be used to establish POS security on the chain along with POW, while everyone got a chance to mine the coins equally that would be necessary to secure the chain.

The very large coinbase rewards for both miners and stakers right now and for the next 5 months are to reward early participants and supporters and encourage a larger percentage of stakeholders to be part of the worldwide Verus community.

In order to prevent any chance of pump and dump by anyone and remove that as a concern for all, while still enabling all bootstrapping participants and community members to benefit from that early participation with outsized rewards, we added a mechanism to time lock the largest of the rewards for a period of time over which they would uniformly release. This ensures that they enter the supply with even less impact than the first unlocked mining period to the available supply and encourages all community members who can mine meaningful amounts during this period, many who have larger stakes than we do, to make this project their own to improve as well. We are actually all community members and all get the same time locked coins, as there is zero pre-mine.

We have the same possible rewards and motivations as other community members, though we, the core developers, are working towards our vision for how this evolves that we will share with everyone as soon as we have the paper ready. We are mining and staking coins now, as anyone can, to use to realize that vision and some for our own personal futures. The price isn't that high yet, IMO (I see people trading between each other for about $3, and I've bought as many as I could for about that price personally), but I am obviously biased and not the right person to say how much they are worth in an open market. We are giving random bounties on the Discord for people helping, which are really donations from us as community members, who are also devs and co-miners/stakers, and though we have no obligation, as we mined/staked our coins with our money fairly, we intend to donate most of our shared mining and staking rewards to the Verus project when we can get all details for doing that in place.

Given all that, we had no problem with earning our coins as time locked, and we thought it would prevent P&D from anyone who might happen to get in early and mine/stake quite a lot. We also decided that if anyone didn't want these largest, time-locked coinbases, they could always wait until the rewards were down to 96 and not time locked at all.
COOLBGT

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:16:56 PM

From the OP:
"1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks) for the following 5 months and every 2 years thereafter.
All rewards over 192 Verus are time locked to mature at a random block between 129,600 and 1,181,520"

The pre-announce of 15 minutes was to enable a truly fair start where honest miners could get started as early as they saw the announcement, and also ensure that we didn't give hackers enough time to change the code and hit an unestablished chain that hadn't gotten its POS security in place yet with a hash attack. Once POS was established on the chain, it became much harder for a standard hash attack to disrupt the chain's operation than it would be otherwise, not impossible, but much harder.

The ramp from 0 to 384 ensured a fair start where people got days of increasing rewards of unlocked coins that could be used to establish POS security on the chain along with POW, while everyone got a chance to mine the coins equally that would be necessary to secure the chain.

The very large coinbase rewards for both miners and stakers right now and for the next 5 months are to reward early participants and supporters and encourage a larger percentage of stakeholders to be part of the worldwide Verus community.

In order to prevent any chance of pump and dump by anyone and remove that as a concern for all, while still enabling all bootstrapping participants and community members to benefit from that early participation with outsized rewards, we added a mechanism to time lock the largest of the rewards for a period of time over which they would uniformly release. This ensures that they enter the supply with even less impact than the first unlocked mining period to the available supply and encourages all community members who can mine meaningful amounts during this period, many who have larger stakes than we do, to make this project their own to improve as well. We are actually all community members and all get the same time locked coins, as there is zero pre-mine.

We have the same possible rewards and motivations as other community members, though we, the core developers, are working towards our vision for how this evolves that we will share with everyone as soon as we have the paper ready. We are mining and staking coins now, as anyone can, to use to realize that vision and some for our own personal futures. The price isn't that high yet, IMO (I see people trading between each other for about $3, and I've bought as many as I could for about that price personally), but I am obviously biased and not the right person to say how much they are worth in an open market. We are giving random bounties on the Discord for people helping, which are really donations from us as community members, who are also devs and co-miners/stakers, and though we have no obligation, as we mined/staked our coins with our money fairly, we intend to donate most of our shared mining and staking rewards to the Verus project when we can get all details for doing that in place.

Given all that, we had no problem with earning our coins as time locked, and we thought it would prevent P&D from anyone who might happen to get in early and mine/stake quite a lot. We also decided that if anyone didn't want these largest, time-locked coinbases, they could always wait until the rewards were down to 96 and not time locked at all.

That is all good and dandy, but 2 years is way too much. I would understand a couple of months, so people can really get interested in the coin. But possibly 2 years and on random? The random part is what mostly bothers me. Also, it is not a good investment to invest into mining something now and get it in 2 years when who knows where the devs or the community will be. And hell no 3USD for this coin at this point is little. It is actually waaaay overpriced at 3USD. In 4 days with 1 of my PCs I mined 2 big blocks, so by your logic I would have made if I had the coins now about 2100USD. And that is low in your opinion when with full blown 1080ti rig you cant get even 10% of that in any coin? Cheesy That is just silly.

And how would anyone stake right now if they didn't mine in the first week of releasing the coin? How many people besides the devs and their friends got into this on the very first day? Some, but I bet not much. And in no universe is 15 minutes a fair-lunch Cheesy. That is just silly talk. That's not a fair start at all. So while real miners have their coins locked, all the devs are happily making more verus from POW. That is just bad, really bad.

And to your other point to wait until the block reward drops to 96. Are you suggesting for miners to wait 2 years before mining this coin Cheesy

You guys had some good ideas, but this "RANDOM" time lock currency is just made for the devs to make money until the real miners wait for some random day in the next 2 years when they might possibly receive some reward if the coin still exists.

Fake coin is fake. Some people just see something new and think its the next Internet or something. "Hey look, a time-locked currency. Haven't tried that before". Wish you all good luck and any real miners that got into this and already have unlocked coins, duuuuuuuump while this still has some "value"
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:24:57 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 09:01:42 PM by VerusCoin

From the OP:

That is all good and dandy, but 2 years is way too much. I would understand a couple of months, so people can really get interested in the coin. But possibly 2 years and on random? The random part is what mostly bothers me. Also, it is not a good investment to invest into mining something now and get it in 2 years when who knows where the devs or the community will be. And hell no 3USD for this coin at this point is little. It is actually waaaay overpriced at 3USD. In 4 days with 1 of my PCs I mined 2 big blocks, so by your logic I would have made if I had the coins now about 2100USD. And that is low in your opinion when with full blown 1080ti rig you cant get even 10% of that in any coin? Cheesy That is just silly.

And how would anyone stake right now if they didn't mine in the first week of releasing the coin? How many people besides the devs and their friends got into this on the very first day? Some, but I bet not much. That's not a fair start at all. So while real miners have their coins locked, all the devs are happily making more verus from POW. That is just bad.

And to your other point to wait until the block reward drops to 96. Are you suggesting for miners to wait 2 years before mining this coin Cheesy

You guys had some good ideas, but this "RANDOM" time lock currency is just made for the devs to make money until the real miners wait for some random day in the next 2 years when they might possibly receive some reward if the coin still exists

A lot of people seem quite interested in mining time locked coins, as our hash rate seems to indicate. We certainly find it worth it and are also "real" miners.

I bought staking coins, as anyone can, as we plan to donate most of our team mining/staking earnings that we paid to mine out of our own funds, to support the Verus project. Fair means everyone got a chance to start at the same time, which they did. We got an immediately much larger hashrate than any of us expected, and we didn't get the majority of even the early coins, so hard to see how it wasn't fair to pre-announce with available miners for all platforms and then start mining with the same software.

Halving is every month right now, so non-timelocked 96 rewards are about 1-1/2 months away.
yzweil

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:00:42 AM

From the OP:

And how would anyone stake right now if they didn't mine in the first week of releasing the coin? How many people besides the devs and their friends got into this on the very first day? Some, but I bet not much. And in no universe is 15 minutes a fair-lunch Cheesy. That is just silly talk. That's not a fair start at all. So while real miners have their coins locked, all the devs are happily making more verus from POW. That is just bad, really bad.

You guys had some good ideas, but this "RANDOM" time lock currency is just made for the devs to make money until the real miners wait for some random day in the next 2 years when they might possibly receive some reward if the coin still exists.

Fake coin is fake. Some people just see something new and think its the next Internet or something. "Hey look, a time-locked currency. Haven't tried that before". Wish you all good luck and any real miners that got into this and already have unlocked coins, duuuuuuuump while this still has some "value"

Nice try, I suggest you next time try to understand first before wasting your time mining on any "fake coin".

"...And that is low in your opinion when with full blown 1080ti rig you cant get even 10% of that in any coin? Cheesy That is just silly. "

Just this one I can LOL u all day, do you really read?

I can read better than you even though i'm not english speaker Cheesy.
COOLBGT

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:54:39 AM

From the OP:

Nice try, I suggest you next time try to understand first before wasting your time mining on any "fake coin".

"...And that is low in your opinion when with full blown 1080ti rig you cant get even 10% of that in any coin? Cheesy That is just silly. "

Just this one I can LOL u all day, do you really read?

I can read better than you even though i'm not english speaker Cheesy.

I surely can read. Here is the direct quote I was replying to.

"The price isn't that high yet, IMO (I see people trading between each other for about $3, and I've bought as many as I could for about that price personally)"

And I also do own several 1080ti rigs, both 6 and 8 cards setup. I even work in a company that owns more than 600 miners so I believe I know what I am talking about. And yeah, it shows that English is not your first language.

Oh and btw, I don't see any replies that oppose with arguments anything I've said. I just see some silly reply, "hey, a lot of people are interested, so maybe we are doing something correct". Yeah well, a lot of people were interested in a lot of coins that died (Bitconnect anybody), but that does not really mean anything.

And this is a forum for anybody to express their opinion. At least I tried explaining my opinion.

Again, good luck to you all.
skeletounek

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:17:51 AM

I completely agree.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

I completely agree.

If everyone thought it was the best thing ever, we wouldn't be able to get any coins right now, so thank you for having alternate opinions Smiley
JW9494

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:39:21 PM

Hi,
Can I get Windows help?
I download Agama and select Verus, then it
wants to download zcash param keys, and this
is as far as i get.
The download never finishes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: