Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48745 times)
jimboscott

Activity: 253
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

For anyone who is willing to do even the smallest bit of due diligence, it is so easy to see that no premining took place at all.

When was the ANN thread started?  5/21

When was the first block mined?  5/21

How much VRSC did that first block yield?  Less than 1/10 of one VRSC.

Anyone who is adamant that this was pre-mined is one of two things.

1. Confusing this project with something else that starts with a V or ends in an S

2. A liar who is willing to try to harm the reputation of an honest project with no regard for human decency

I want to think it is number ONE, but if there is one more post after this one that keeps that nonsense up - scratch number one. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murgut

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:06:46 PM

For anyone who is willing to do even the smallest bit of due diligence, it is so easy to see that no premining took place at all.

When was the ANN thread started?  5/21

When was the first block mined?  5/21

How much VRSC did that first block yield?  Less than 1/10 of one VRSC.

1. Confusing this project with something else that starts with a V or ends in an S

2. A liar who is willing to try to harm the reputation of an honest project with no regard for human decency

I want to think it is number ONE, but if there is one more post after this one that keeps that nonsense up - scratch number one. 

very good points there. my first red flag was 50-50 reward pos. i almost took my miners to it but i said i should wait a little. 1 month and this is already over.

jimboscott

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:19:15 PM

When was the ANN thread started?  5/21

When was the first block mined?  5/21

How much VRSC did that first block yield?  Less than 1/10 of one VRSC.

very good points there. my first red flag was 50-50 reward pos. i almost took my miners to it but i said i should wait a little. 1 month and this is already over.

I do not see how POS is a red flag.   ICO? Red flag.  Masternode sales?  Red flag.  Premine?  Red flag.

POS with mined coins - where is the red flag in that?  I am not seeing that at all.

Have you read the white paper and the blue paper?
jimboscott

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:29:57 PM

To the dimwit who is claiming this was premined...

IF, by 'premined', you mean mined by people who did their due diligence, kept up with announcements, and did the research necessary to start mining this while others, such as yourself, missed the opportunity then converted their laziness into baseless accusations that are so easily refuted it just is laughable....

Yeah... it was 'premined'.   Basically meaning mined before YOU figured it out.

Been mining for a month now - almost 21K VRSC at this point.

And I was 3+ weeks late.
blah blah blah from red letter Bozo redacted [/size][/color]

Dude I mined for like two days with my desktop and got 4992 coins. 21k coins is not that hard to get.

21k is pretty hard to get now.  Early on 5K per day for me... but that last 18K has been a lot tougher.   You need about 500 Mh/s per block per day on average.
Norfolk

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:11:39 PM

can team help better understand private key and wallet.dat backup

i should backup wallet.dat from every block reward?

can i just save private key, why they both needed? 

for kmd only wif is enough
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:05:46 AM

can team help better understand private key and wallet.dat backup

i should backup wallet.dat from every block reward?

can i just save private key, why they both needed? 

for kmd only wif is enough

Usually, you don't mine from the wallet with KMD, if you did, it is essentially the same. You can really just backup your wallet.dat, but the only issue is that there are ways to grow the keypool so that it needs another backup at a later time. You can do it as WIF, but then you may have a lot of keys to backup unless you mine using the "-pubkey" option. The discord has information on all these options in the #faq-chosen channel. People are also quite helpful in the #community-support channel.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:08:05 AM

WE'VE JUST RELEASED A NEW CRITICAL UPDATE WITH SOME NICE FEATURES AS WELL, V0.3.11 - UPDATE REQUIRED THIS WEEK BEFORE BLOCK 96480 / NEXT HALVING
1. This release fixes the infamous segfault issue that sometimes stops a miner with a segfault and core dump at random times.
2. This release fixes an issue with the PoS algorithm that could allow someone to improve their odds in an unintended way. To the best of our knowledge, our discovery on this has never been exploited, and will not be an issue after block 96480. This is a change to the PoS algorithm, which is why it is a mandatory update. If you do not update by the next halving at block 96480, you will not be able to get to the chain until you do.
3. This  release also integrates the latest core Agama changes, including the fixes for the breaking changes that were made to Electrum servers for other Komodo family coins that support SPV/lite mode. The core Agama changes also include a feature to hide sensitive data on the screen for screen shots.
4. Finally, this release enables easy adding of an encrypted memo to private transactions from Agama with Verus. This feature works to send, but we don't consider it complete, because while you can add the memo, you can't yet easily read memos sent to you. You can send messages with a zero amount, but you will still be charged a fee of 0.0001 VRSC. The ability to retrieve memos sent to you currently requires the command line use of "z_listaddresses", "z_listreceivedbyaddress", and hex conversion, or you can wait for a later update, knowing that the memos are there to see at that time.
You can download the latest builds at https://veruscoin.io.

Please make sure to back up your wallet.dat before updating, just as a standard precaution that is likely unnecessary, delete the existing  App install folder, not the VRSC folder and  no other folders, then install and run the update.

Stop by our discord for the latest: Discord: https://discord.gg/VRKMP2S
aknataga

Activity: 387
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:42:45 PM

WE'VE JUST RELEASED A NEW CRITICAL UPDATE WITH SOME NICE FEATURES AS WELL, V0.3.11 - UPDATE REQUIRED THIS WEEK BEFORE BLOCK 96480 / NEXT HALVING
1. This release fixes the infamous segfault issue that sometimes stops a miner with a segfault and core dump at random times.
2. This release fixes an issue with the PoS algorithm that could allow someone to improve their odds in an unintended way. To the best of our knowledge, our discovery on this has never been exploited, and will not be an issue after block 96480. This is a change to the PoS algorithm, which is why it is a mandatory update. If you do not update by the next halving at block 96480, you will not be able to get to the chain until you do.
3. This  release also integrates the latest core Agama changes, including the fixes for the breaking changes that were made to Electrum servers for other Komodo family coins that support SPV/lite mode. The core Agama changes also include a feature to hide sensitive data on the screen for screen shots.
4. Finally, this release enables easy adding of an encrypted memo to private transactions from Agama with Verus. This feature works to send, but we don't consider it complete, because while you can add the memo, you can't yet easily read memos sent to you. You can send messages with a zero amount, but you will still be charged a fee of 0.0001 VRSC. The ability to retrieve memos sent to you currently requires the command line use of "z_listaddresses", "z_listreceivedbyaddress", and hex conversion, or you can wait for a later update, knowing that the memos are there to see at that time.

Please make sure to back up your wallet.dat before updating, just as a standard precaution that is likely unnecessary, delete the existing  App install folder, not the VRSC folder and  no other folders, then install and run the update.

Have updated to 0.3.11 betta
All ,as  usualy, if fine, without problems. Fast and easy.
Thanks for works.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:54:45 PM

Have updated to 0.3.11 betta
All ,as  usualy, if fine, without problems. Fast and easy.
Thanks for works.
Great to hear Smiley ! Thanks for letting us know.
Railrain

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:01:05 PM

Hello, VerusCoin team!

How can I check the version of the program using the command in the Linux console?

Thank you in advance for your prompt assistance.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:30:00 PM

Hello, VerusCoin team!

How can I check the version of the program using the command in the Linux console?

0.3.11 is the redistributable version. It is in the archive file name and displayed in the GUI, but you won't see that from the command line. We will address that in a future update. Thanks.
Railrain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:06:23 AM

0.3.11 is the redistributable version. It is in the archive file name and displayed in the GUI, but you won't see that from the command line. We will address that in a future update. Thanks.
[/quote]

OK. Maybe the version of the executable...

How can I make sure that my console Command Line client and komodod is updated and corresponds to work after 96480?

VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:14:24 AM

Hi guys. Expect you discover pretty resources to cultivate your idea! Logical job, outstanding business, absorbing idea!

Thank you and everyone wishing us luck! Much appreciated.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:59:22 AM

Hi Railrain,

If you're on the official Linux v0.3.11 release, your komodod should have an md5sum of a314cd726b5ba128aae5e7ed56e5d516. At the moment that might be the easiest way to tell. The timestamp may be able to tell you if you're out of date - a komodod with a timestamp any older than Jul 23 06:08 would be out of date and would require updating.

If those don't tell you what you need, you might consider updating to the new release just to be safe. We'll be working on getting a version number into future releases so this isn't an issue for people going forward.
Railrain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:44:44 AM

Indeed... md5sum... I apologize - it was easy to guess yourself!
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:42:33 PM

I have been mining with 600MH/S and the last block was found three days ago. I guess difficult has been raised to new level used to at least one block per day.
stormeye88

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:20:04 PM

I have been mining with 600MH/S and the last block was found three days ago. I guess difficult has been raised to new level used to at least one block per day.
I only got one block today under 5GH/s, normally I can get about 10, I am sure the difficulty has been increased significantly.
STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:53:26 AM

What monstrosity are you mining with? And this guy below talking about gh?Huh?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:50:08 AM

What monstrosity are you mining with? And this guy below talking about gh?Huh?

A number of CPUs are getting high hundreds of MH/s. The algorithm is the fastest in the world on CPUs, by far. There are GPU miners being developed, but in tests they are not beating CPUs right now.
gailunfei

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:39:19 PM

I just finished reading the white paper and the project looks very promising. Will wait for more information!If you add more specific information about this project, it will be easier to make a decision. i mean,for example, what people get of invest?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: