Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48864 times)
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:07:30 PM

Our experience with them has been quite good. Behind the scenes, they seem to care about getting everything right. It would be nice if they had more volume generally, but I have not heard of anyone in the community having issues with DigitalPrice.io. Technically, the exchange itself works smoothly as well.
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:30:45 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 06:55:32 PM by bigc1984

Our experience with them has been quite good. Behind the scenes, they seem to care about getting everything right. It would be nice if they had more volume generally, but I have not heard of anyone in the community having issues with DigitalPrice.io. Technically, the exchange itself works smoothly as well.

OK thanks for the info. Any news on a better exchange? I know it was mentioned that cryptopia was in the works, and the listing fee has already been paid. Any known time frame on this?

And according to staking instructions it says 'coinbase' funds must be shielded and unshielded in order to stake. what are 'coinbase funds' ? And does that mean just sending them to a shielded address and then back to an unshielded address?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:39:54 PM

The Verus Coin Foundation and broader community have together paid the Cryptopia listing, and it is in process. All looks good so far. Cryptopia has been supportive. It seems like they're going through a major upswing in work, so that could still take some weeks. We will announce more about Cryptopia and additional exchanges as we can.
aknataga

Activity: 387
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Have updated wallet to 0.4.0
Of course had to download again zcash parameters.
As regards network synchronization, for me  it takes about 55% for a 24h.
May affected launched miner  Smiley  

What about new CPU miner from monkins, hashrate changed?
my hash fell significantly relative to nheqminer 30 percent%

Thanks.
Have updated too from nheqminer to CCminer ver. 3
Hashrate incressed by 60%.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:44:07 PM

Hey. Is there a profit calculator?

Here's a nice one, where Verus Coin has been usually in the top spot for both CPU and GPU mining: https://www.crypto-coinz.net/crypto-calculator/
Here's another from a community member that includes other FIAT currencies and averages the network hashrate over a longer period of time: http://direpool.com/veruscoin/index.php

Here's a community developed staking calculator in the form of a spreadsheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvclqq98j8nxdmg/Verus_POS.xlsx?dl=0
The staking calculator also provides and easy way to see total, max, and available supply at any block height.
Be light

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

In crypto we trust!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:48:57 PM

Thanks.

can you share the link on GitHub on this ver. 3? Tnx a lot.
I have found only v2.3
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:42:27 PM

Thanks.

can you share the link on GitHub on this ver. 3? Tnx a lot.
I have found only v2.3

Here is the releases tab for the latest miners: https://github.com/monkins1010/ccminer/releases
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:52:17 PM

What's wrong with you? The pools are falling, the exchange is not crediting the coins. What happened?!

There was an issue caused by a pool enabling something they were not supposed to until after the Sapling activation. there was a check that was supposed to have stopped that until Sapling, but it had an error and didn't stop it. As a result, the old versions became unable to follow the chain, and wallets that were not upgraded yet stopped progressing because they saw the chain moving forward but could not follow. Pools are coming back, exchange is coming back, no one should have lost anything, and the way to solve it for anyone is to upgrade to 0.4.0 or 0.4.0a. Thank you.
bigc1984

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:33:15 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2018, 06:47:45 PM by bigc1984

i downloaded wallet 0.4.0a and in native mode its making me download the entire blockchain again?

well.. at least it seems to be going faster than last time
Kliv73

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:46:25 PM

2018-10-21 22:45:23] Starting on stratum+tcp://stratum.veruspool.xyz:9999
[2018-10-21 22:45:23] 1 miner thread started, using 'verus' algorithm.
[2018-10-21 22:45:23] Stratum difficulty set to 4.19424e+06 (838848.00000)
Exit
How to start ?
ccminerv3
bigc1984

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:01:43 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 02:43:53 AM by bigc1984

sent some verus to digitalprice exchange... 18 confirms later nothing shows up...

44 confirms later... still nothing

edit: ok they just put a disclaimer that they will be updating veruscoin wallet 'in the coming DAYS' (wtf..DAYS!?)...fucked on any deposits/withdraws until then

REPEAT: *DO NOT USE* DIGITALPRICE EXCHANGE.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:05:59 AM

sent some verus to digitalprice exchange... 18 confirms later nothing shows up...

edit: ok they just put a disclaimer that they will be updating veruscoin wallet 'in the coming DAYS' (wtf..DAYS!?)...fucked on any deposits/withdraws until then

What happened today was a little more complicated, and DigitalPrice tells me they will upgrade, which will resolve everything later today. Due to one of the pools having a configuration error, combined with a change I had made, there was a pool specific rule that caused the older versions to stop progressing, while all those who upgraded were fine. The exchange hadn't upgraded yet. There was another issue with the pool software that once the network started experiencing these issues with older versions, it caused delays, and the pool software, instead of waiting, started flooding the daemon with block requests. We ended up doing a small, pool specific update, and all pools are fine now, as is the network, though people now need to upgrade to the latest at https://veruscoin.io rather than wait until just before October 28th.

The need to upgrade caught the exchange by surprise, and at the end of all analysis, it was my error, so please be upset with me (Mike Toutonghi), if anyone. It would not be fair to blame DigitalPrice. I apologize for your delay and inconvenience.
bigc1984

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:54:50 AM

What happened today was a little more complicated, and DigitalPrice tells me they will upgrade, which will resolve everything later today. Due to one of the pools having a configuration error, combined with a change I had made, there was a pool specific rule that caused the older versions to stop progressing, while all those who upgraded were fine. The exchange hadn't upgraded yet. There was another issue with the pool software that once the network started experiencing these issues with older versions, it caused delays, and the pool software, instead of waiting, started flooding the daemon with block requests. We ended up doing a small, pool specific update, and all pools are fine now, as is the network, though people now need to upgrade to the latest at https://veruscoin.io rather than wait until just before October 28th.

The need to upgrade caught the exchange by surprise, and at the end of all analysis, it was my error, so please be upset with me (Mike Toutonghi), if anyone. It would not be fair to blame DigitalPrice. I apologize for your delay and inconvenience.

Fair enough. I guess I am being a bit of an alarmist based off of past experiences. Thanks for updates.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:57:54 AM

Good update Mike, thanks! Being on the cutting edge of new tech involves experienc8ng these sort of bugs from time to time, verus team sorted everything fast, and now everyone will be upgraded in time for sapling, so the end result is good. I even noticed jl777 in discord channel offering help desk support to the community for many hours so team verus has good friends when needed.
triplexDP

Activity: 145
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:32:08 PM

We are doing our best to get the exchange wallet updated, please be patient. Once its updated i will announce it here on this thread.

Regards
Claudio
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:43:35 PM

I am also waiting for a withdraw - 945 VERUS which is not a big amount ..

yesterday I withdrew 10900 VRS so they are not trying to scam me-

also a withdraw of 1.1 BTC went smoothly earlier today - just seems like a hickup with the wallet
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:23:35 PM

I've just finished reading; https://medium.com/veruscoin/how-verus-solved-nothing-at-stake-and-weak-subjectivity-proof-of-stake-problems-b4dd6a85086e
Very interesting development. Now onto reading the whitepaper.
I am noticing above there are problems with digitalprice.io
Are you guys considering a new exchange?
I am telegram moderator for coss.io and would love to put forward your projects to founder, Rune Evenson.
Singaporean exchange aims to be most compliant in the market, in launch of COSS 2.0, Fiat gateway; Etana and CC.
https://www.coss.io/cryptocurrency-listing
They also list promising projects on different terms, you'd need to get in contact with them.
I would personally love to get some Verus but digitalprice.io exchange isn't attractive to me at all.

We are in process at Cryptopia. We'd definitely also be interested in COSS. I have some COSS from a while back in an account there. I believe they require a Singaporean attorney's letter saying that Verus is not a security. The foundation has that analysis for the US, but not Singapore.

We have work in progress beyond Cryptopia, and if you let us know that despite the lack of a Singaporean's non-security analysis, we should apply at COSS, I'm sure someone can get that underway.

Thanks!
guilhermeppenna

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:17:47 AM

Good evening everyone
I have a small mining farm and I want to mine VERSUScoin to Solo.
Can someone send me the link to the mining program Solo?
From the moment I'm waiting for you to join the team.
Thank you
bigc1984

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:24:27 AM

UPDATE: i just recieved my veruscoin on digitalprice.io.. so the issue seems to be fixed
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:35:08 AM

Good evening everyone
I have a small mining farm and I want to mine VERSUScoin to Solo.
Can someone send me the link to the mining program Solo?
From the moment I'm waiting for you to join the team.
Thank you

Hi, At the moment, you can get much better hashrates pool mining with the either the CPU or GPU miner. You can get those miners here: https://github.com/monkins1010/ccminer/releases

Since they are stratum miners, you do need to mine on a pool, as the wallet doesn't provide a stratum interface. We intend to put the CPU performance level from those miners back into the wallet at some point, but I can't give a date or release target for that.

You could also setup a pool yourself by using the pool software and setup instructions. That is here: https://github.com/VerusCoin/VerusServicesSetup/blob/master/S-NOMP.md

There will be a pool software update before Sapling activates on October 28th.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: